Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Pretty sure that Cap torso is fake. First of all, Cap wears gloves so his hands shouldn’t be in a flesh color. Second, the torso printing looks nothing like LEGO. The lines on the star and armor should be thicker.

Alright, we know the cap body is fake, we can stop endlessly discussing that it is in fact fake now.

So far I believe the only part leaks we've seen are:
Thanos head (could be comics or MCU)

Possible black panther (comics) head

hawkeye head (comics)

captain america flesh head with chin strap (could be comics or MCU)

We all assumed this wave would be 100% comics due to a few heads. If the black panther head is legitmate, it not only marks the first time a normal figure was based solely on comics and not any sort of cartoon or film, but along with the hawkeye head would confirm either that the mechs are comic-based and contain multiple figures or that at least one of the full sets is comics. So I think we really can't assume to much at this point, we're going to need to see more leaks before we'll have enough information to confirm the basis of the sets. 

Whats strange to me is the chin strap design on the flesh Cap head matches with the design for the scale suit helmet from Endgame, but Paul Seeley said on his Instagram that its “definitely not from Endgame”, so maybe the comic sets will take minifig designs from the MCU?

Either way that head piece is great for the helmet and will definitely be replacing the original head

I think we’re assuming a lot of things based on so few info because this is such a hotly-anticipated wave and everyone desperately wants to see different things happen.

Does anybody know What year the  sdcc Phoenix was released? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Google keeps telling me it was 2020...somehow doubt that..

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Does anybody know What year the  sdcc Phoenix was released? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Google keeps telling me it was 2020...somehow doubt that..

It was released in 2012. Brickset is your friend whenever Google fails :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It was released in 2012. Brickset is your friend whenever Google fails :wink:

Thanks mate, I'll remember that

On 8/17/2019 at 7:26 AM, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

The new Captain America is definitely based upon his Avengers Assemble look just like Hawkeye based on the head. Personally I like these designs so I'm pretty pleased about this and I must say that the printing on Cap looks very good.

latest?cb=20160403150702

I'm kinda hoping this will be case the more I ponder the possibility. In a way, such a figure would be to MCU Cap what 2018's Rebirth Wonder Woman figure is to the DCEU's incarnation of the character. :classic:

sh456.pngsh221.png

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Alright, we know the cap body is fake, we can stop endlessly discussing that it is in fact fake now.

So far I believe the only part leaks we've seen are:
Thanos head (could be comics or MCU)

Possible black panther (comics) head

hawkeye head (comics)

captain america flesh head with chin strap (could be comics or MCU)

We all assumed this wave would be 100% comics due to a few heads. If the black panther head is legitmate, it not only marks the first time a normal figure was based solely on comics and not any sort of cartoon or film, but along with the hawkeye head would confirm either that the mechs are comic-based and contain multiple figures or that at least one of the full sets is comics. So I think we really can't assume to much at this point, we're going to need to see more leaks before we'll have enough information to confirm the basis of the sets. 

Add the possible Unworthy Thor head to that list. Someone used it on an Obi-wan and it really doesn't fit there.

I'm leaning to believe that the Cap head is MCU based. The design matches up almost perfectly with the Chris Evans Nomad head we got for Infinity War. The hair is closer to the MCU Cap than the blonde we get for most comic Caps, and if it were designed for a comic wave, I'd expect them to have two expressions with the chin strap printed rather than have a regular expression to work for an actors face. Other than that, I expect everything else to be comic based for now, including the Unworthy Thor head. I don't expect that to be MCU Thor at all.

5 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Add the possible Unworthy Thor head to that list. Someone used it on an Obi-wan and it really doesn't fit there.

I'm leaning to believe that the Cap head is MCU based. The design matches up almost perfectly with the Chris Evans Nomad head we got for Infinity War. The hair is closer to the MCU Cap than the blonde we get for most comic Caps, and if it were designed for a comic wave, I'd expect them to have two expressions with the chin strap printed rather than have a regular expression to work for an actors face. Other than that, I expect everything else to be comic based for now, including the Unworthy Thor head. I don't expect that to be MCU Thor at all.

I'll concede that the black panther head may be black panther, but that's obi-wan's head, almost 100% sure. If we were to get an unworthy thor they would make it endgame-based, making a comic one would be like making a comic ronin. More importantly, it leaked alongside anakin, there's an obi-wan vs anakin set coming in january 2020, so it's likely from that set. I'll give you that one expression is kind of weird for kenobi, but all likelyhood points to it being him.

It does look to be more MCU-based cap head to me as well, but I wouldn't say it's not just lego giving us another chin strap head on an avengers assemble cap. In addition, I don't know where you saw his hair leak but it's unlikely lego would be giving us hair and a helmet so I'd discount that. And if you're talking about eyebrows, the avengers assemble cap has darker eyebrows as well.

I hope you’re right about the possibility of an unworthy Thor minifigure but I’m still leaning towards the head being an Obi-wan head because there’s no doubt that one of the other leaked heads is an Anakin head.

Why do people even think it's a Thor head? First of all Thor has never before been represented with orange-ish hair, always blond or tan. Second, if Unworthy Thor is included in the next wave that would be like one of the most random figure-choices they have ever done in this theme.

It just doesn't make any sense for it to be Thor, it looks like Obi-Wan and it leaked alongside Anakin. In conclusion: it's Obi-Wan

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It looks perfect as an Obi Wan head. 

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why do people even think it's a Thor head? First of all Thor has never before been represented with orange-ish hair, always blond or tan. Second, if Unworthy Thor is included in the next wave that would be like one of the most random figure-choices they have ever done in this theme.

Unworthy Thor has kept a consistent look for a while in the comics. Even now after he's gotten Mjolnir back. He's also visually similar to the Thor we've seen in the MCU since Ragnarok so it'd make a lot of sense for him to be included in a set.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It does look to be more MCU-based cap head to me as well, but I wouldn't say it's not just lego giving us another chin strap head on an avengers assemble cap. In addition, I don't know where you saw his hair leak but it's unlikely lego would be giving us hair and a helmet so I'd discount that. And if you're talking about eyebrows, the avengers assemble cap has darker eyebrows as well.

That was my point. I don't see them including a separate hairpiece or a chin-strap-less face in a comic-based set, rather than having the chin strap printed on both expressions. As to why I expect it to be based of Chris Evans' Captain America rather than based off the animated counterpart.

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

That was my point. I don't see them including a separate hairpiece or a chin-strap-less face in a comic-based set, rather than having the chin strap printed on both expressions. As to why I expect it to be based of Chris Evans' Captain America rather than based off the animated counterpart.

What is your reasoning that whether or not his chin strap is printed is whether or not he's comic or mcu? 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It just doesn't make any sense for it to be Thor, it looks like Obi-Wan and it leaked alongside Anakin. In conclusion: it's Obi-Wan

Exactly.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What is your reasoning that whether or not his chin strap is printed is whether or not he's comic or mcu? 

I don't expect them to have an alternate helmet-less expression on a comic version. I'd expect both expressions to have the chin-strap because he's rarely shown not wearing the helmet with his suit in other media. It makes more sense for them to be using this for a movie version seeing as he's pictured without the helmet quite often onscreen. Also, it's not very likely they'd include an alternate hairpiece in a comic set so it makes less sense to have a "regular" face on the back.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

45 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I don't expect them to have an alternate helmet-less expression on a comic version. I'd expect both expressions to have the chin-strap because he's rarely shown not wearing the helmet with his suit in other media. It makes more sense for them to be using this for a movie version seeing as he's pictured without the helmet quite often onscreen. Also, it's not very likely they'd include an alternate hairpiece in a comic set so it makes less sense to have a "regular" face on the back.

now I don't really watch the show too much, but at least in earlier seasons when I did he was unmasked (at that point I belive it was more of a hooded mask than a helmet) quite alot, usually whenever they weren't in direct combat. And it's not likely we'd be getting an alternate hair piece in an MCU or comics set, that's not really evidence.

I just wanna remind everyone that the comic versions of Iron Man all use the same RDJ headpiece as their MCU counterparts. Comic Vulture also has same head piece as MCU Vulture. As much as I believe and hope that this Cap is the Endgame version, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of having a comic Cap with the MCU head. 

Edited by HarryVader

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We did get two heads & a hair with the first Captain Marvel minifig, so while it’s rare, it’s not unheard of. 

13 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

We did get two heads & a hair with the first Captain Marvel minifig, so while it’s rare, it’s not unheard of. 

In an avengers assemble set. I know it's rare, it's just not something that much more common in the MCU

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

I just wanna remind everyone that the comic versions of Iron Man all use the same RDJ headpiece as their MCU counterparts. Comic Vulture also has same head piece as MCU Vulture. As much as I believe and hope that this Cap is the Endgame version, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of having a comic Cap with the MCU head. 

Why didn't I think of this?

28 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

We got one with the most recent Ant Man set. We've also gotten them a bunch with Iron Man figures. It's likely when it comes to movie sets that we get an extra hair and helmetless expression because of the actor's prominence.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

We got one with the most recent Ant Man set. We've also gotten them a bunch with Iron Man figures. It's likely when it comes to movie sets that we get an extra hair and helmetless expression because of the actor's prominence.

so the "helmetless expressions" for everyone but the new cap have been where the helmet is an part and not on the charatcer's faceprint so any expression is therefore helmetless. cartoon/comic set characters like the 2015 captain marvel and the detroit steel strikes iron man have come with hair too. 

Face it, the fact that his chinstrap isnt printed on one side is not evidence that it's an mcu figure, no matter how much you want the scale suit. I'm not saying it's not going to be an mcu figure, just that you dont really have evidence for it using the head besides that a captain america figure is confirmed for this wave. So can we please move on?