Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, HarryVader said:

Maybe Thanos mech is actually a brick-built version of his golden armor from Endgame? That would look super weird though

This would be a good way to give us figures we are missing. M

11 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Nope you are correct we got word of a Thanos mech an an Iron Man mech.

And a Spider-Man Mech too which I believe will probably be in the same vein of things as the Thanos mech and Iron man mech.

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

And a Spider-Man Mech too which I believe will probably be in the same vein of things as the Thanos mech and Iron man mech.

I hope some of these mechs are inspired from actual comic mechs, like Saturn V or Fin fang Foombuster for Iron Man and Sp//Dr for Spiderman (or even Leopardon from Supaidaman :laugh:).

Regarding Thanos mech, the only thing interesting I could see is if the set has an alternate build: the Thanoscopter. The double bladed sword could become the helicopter blades :laugh_hard:.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
Grammar

3 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Somebody hinted at it earlier in the thread, I think, but my money’s on this fella happily piloting his Thanoscopter in a Spiderman Juniors set. 

(And the mooted mech being something else, lord knows what)

Yes. 

3 hours ago, just2good said:

Well, I doubt we'd get a Hawkeye Mech. Iron Man makes the most sense, Thanos is... well I mean it wouldn't make sense. I'm sure Hawkeye is thrown into like a comic Spider-Man set. I'm hoping there's still more Endgame coming beyond the Helicopter Drop, but with a comic Hawkeye coming, that may not be the case. Heck, Thanos isn't the comic version, so the Mighty Mechs/Micro Mechs might not even be comic-based.

Iron man, thanos, spider-man, all popular characters that could be recognized in their comic or mcu forms. Though we don't even know for sure the thanos head is from a mech set, for all we know they're constraction like that star wars line. Also I love your videos.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is also potentially black Panther coming too

if that's his head, yes, but I don't think he had a mech set?

Has anybody considered the possibility that these mechs are the comic sets? And the bike/truck are alternate builds

i know it would be a kick in the teeth but it might happen

Edited by DeCommander96

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes. 

Iron man, thanos, spider-man, all popular characters that could be recognized in their comic or mcu forms. Though we don't even know for sure the thanos head is from a mech set, for all we know they're constraction like that star wars line. Also I love your videos.

if that's his head, yes, but I don't think he had a mech set?

I was just saying if it is his head then he is coming in a set but I don’t think the mech set. I would say either the bike or truck 

24 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Has anybody considered the possibility that these mechs are the comic sets? And the bike/truck are alternate builds

i know it would be a kick in the teeth but it might happen

We already know the bike and truck are their own sets

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh thank god. Thank you brother for restoring my faith in Lego, only to have it revoked again by next years sets

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Oh thank god. Thank you brother for restoring my faith in Lego, only to have it revoked again by next years sets

I have a feeling that next year’s sets will be better than the Endgame wave

It would take some going to do worse - the only set I have seen that has sold well is the HoA. Typically superhero sets seem to sell out fast in my area (the Aquaman movie set sold out in less than ten days and was never restocked at any of the retailers), but the Endgame wave has been readily available since it launched with the exception of the HoA set. That one seems to sell out as fast as it comes in. For me it is one of my all-time favourite sets.

Edited by ApocSlay

1 hour ago, ApocSlay said:

It would take some going to do worse - the only set I have seen that has sold well is the HoA. Typically superhero sets seem to sell out fast in my area (the Aquaman movie set sold out in less than ten days and was never restocked at any of the retailers), but the Endgame wave has been readily available since it launched with the exception of the HoA set. That one seems to sell out as fast as it comes in. For me it is one of my all-time favourite sets.

It’s the only inspiring set from the wave.  The others are either remakes are boring. Add to that they don’t really represent the movie well and I’m not surprised they aren’t selling.

Exactly how I feel. The War Machine buster felt like a copy/paste of the IW Hulk Buster. We've had way too many oversized bikes. Quin Jet was okay, at least I didn't own one before, but was the third variant I think?Would have liked if the compound had been done on a D2C scale and quality. It felt like there was no compelling reason to buy it - although my completionist OCD self had to get it, albeit at discount.

The Thanos copter drop will be a must-buy for me, but only because of Rescue. I wish they did more scene based sets - so many that they can pick from, and kids love buildings too...

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

yes, the mechs and other sets aren't the same sets.

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Yes, because marvel will give them actual accurate concepts to go off of.

2 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

HOA is the best set of the wave, hands down. 

New Captain America's head just leaked. It is all nougat, not a face printed on dark blue head. One side kinda angry with the brown "belt", the other one smiled without it.

Also the other Hawkeye's face expression leaked.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New Captain America's head just leaked. It is all nougat, not a face printed on dark blue head. One side kinda angry with the brown "belt", the other one smiled without it.

Also the other Hawkeye's face expression leaked.

That Cap head is cool, but considering it'll be used with the Endgame helmet mould I think it's going to look bad. I tried a few purist customs using flesh heads and the Endgame helmet and it just didn't look right

Also, annoyingly it's really ambiguous. It kind of looks like the Endgame Cap expressions, but could also fit either an MCU version or a comic book version

I thought the bearded head from that leak might be Fat Thor and got excited until I saw Anakin next to it and realised the beard is Obi-Wan

Edited by legoSDR

1 hour ago, legoSDR said:

I thought the bearded head from that leak might be Fat Thor and got excited until I saw Anakin next to it and realised the beard is Obi-Wan

I doubt we'll see a regular Fat Thor at all (unless he's a polybag / Bricktober / SDCC minifig).

What I'm hoping for is a Viking Thor with a new braided beard piece. 

As much as I am not expecting any more MCU specific sets, I'd like the see a mix of comic and cinematic minifgures in the upcoming wave. Similar to the inclusion of Coulson in the Iron man set.

Cap's head actually gets me a bit more excited for this wave, as it looks like that head could be from an Endgame variant

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Do we know if 5 is from marvel or Star Wars? 

It looks like Star Wars but could work for a s.h.i.e.l.d agent 

Looks like an existing/new version of an existing Star Wars head, but can't think of what that character is

2 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Looks like an existing/new version of an existing Star Wars head, but can't think of what that character is

Ah ok thanks

looks like the ones from Winter Soldier 

Glad they're giving Cap a new flesh head. As much as I liked the new helmet he got in the Endgame wave I wasn't too keen on the dark blue head he used.

20 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Do we know if 5 is from marvel or Star Wars? 

It looks like Star Wars but could work for a s.h.i.e.l.d agent 

Its the T-16 Skyhopper Pilot. Came out back in 2015 but will appear again in the new Skyhopper/Bantha microfighter next year.

sw0619.png

The Cap head is definitely based off the Endgame version. Apart from the head resembling the Nomad figure and Chris Evans, the comic version doesn't really have a chin strap like this and is closer to the one we got in the first Endgame line.

Also, does anyone else thing that the bearded head looks more like Unworthy Thor than it does Obi-wan. It's very scruffy and looks nothing like the Obi-wan's we've got in the past and nothing like Ewan Mcgregor. It'd also make a lot of sense in the context of the comic sets we're getting.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

5 hours ago, legoSDR said:

That Cap head is cool, but considering it'll be used with the Endgame helmet mould I think it's going to look bad. I tried a few purist customs using flesh heads and the Endgame helmet and it just didn't look right

Also, annoyingly it's really ambiguous. It kind of looks like the Endgame Cap expressions, but could also fit either an MCU version or a comic book version

I also thought that was Obi-Wan but then compared it to last Ep 3 version of him. The beard is way too bushy and rugged. It might be Thor. Hopefully fat Thor at that!

The Cap head definitely resembles the movie version more than the comic one.
The head resembles the Nomad head but with the beard removed

23ea1238-47b1-4eda-9b00-c79bed01ce7e_1.7
Whereas comic Cap hasn't had a chinstrap in a long time and wears the scale suit.
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I also thought that was Obi-Wan but then compared it to last Ep 3 version of him. The beard is way too bushy and rugged. It might be Thor. Hopefully fat Thor at that!

It looks quite a lot like Unworthy Thor from the most recent comics run
unworthy_thor_by_bacchicolorist_dcnftby-

Edited by Brick Cucumber