Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I personally don't really care for most comic sets, it just depends on the builds. If they are as comic-inspired as the Bugle, Bridge Battle and others I may pick some up. But I'm honestly expecting the builds to be either as bad or worse than the Spider-Man sets

They'll be garbage, and we'll buy them anyway. There's a J.J.J. quote here...

Just now, Mr. Cube said:

I don´t think that people are strictly against comic based sets, but they would rather welcome more Endgame sets now. Why? Because they want to complete their collections of their favourite characters from the last Avengers movie. From the biggest super heroes movie. From the movie which made $2,794,895,335 and still counting. They want original LEGO movie accurate minifigures, maybe even some nice builds. But when they will not get them, what then? Bootlegers are super fast - I see plenty of various MCU characters bootleg figures on instagram every day. I´m against all those knockoffs, bootlegs etc. and I would never buy them. But I don´t understand, why TLG doesn´t capitalize on this kind of demand. As a LotR and LEGO LotR fan (we never did get the 3rd wave with the Gondor), I fully understand the feelings of MCU LEGO fans. TLG can release some comic based sets literally anytime, but 2019/2020 could be the last opportunity for the Endgame sets.

exactly

I'm personally really excited for this wave now. At first, 'Avengers Bike' and 'Avenger's Truck' were pretty disappointing in the context of an Endgame wave, but with these sets being comic based sets, I'm really excited to see what they actually include.

Also, I don't see much discussion of the 'Superheroes' sets in here. Seeing as it's confirmed to be both Marvel and DC (Maybe majoritably Marvel) it might be possible that both sides of the fence will be happy with what we get.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

I don´t think that people are strictly against comic based sets, but they would rather welcome more Endgame sets now. Why? Because they want to complete their collections of their favourite characters from the last Avengers movie. From the biggest super heroes movie. From the movie which made $2,794,895,335 and still counting. They want original LEGO movie accurate minifigures, maybe even some nice builds. But when they will not get them, what then? Bootlegers are super fast - I see plenty of various MCU characters bootleg figures on instagram every day. I´m against all those knockoffs, bootlegs etc. and I would never buy them. But I don´t understand, why TLG doesn´t capitalize on this kind of demand. As a LotR and LEGO LotR fan (we never did get the 3rd wave with the Gondor), I fully understand the feelings of MCU LEGO fans. TLG can release some comic based sets literally anytime, but 2019/2020 could be the last opportunity for the Endgame sets.

Lego didn't plan on making anymore figures anyways. They could have thrown in one more of the what, 4 characters we are missing into the helicopter drop but didn't. 

1 hour ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Most of the Disney+ shows won't be released till 2021 though, so if we do  get sets for the shows ( which seems very likely)   than we wouldn't see Ronin till then

Better late than never

1 hour ago, Mr. Cube said:

Like I said earlier: lego is sitting on a goldmine with this theme, they're just too lazy/ignorant to do anything interesting with it 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They'll be garbage, and we'll buy them anyway. There's a J.J.J. quote here...

That definetely doesn't apply to me. I'm invested in a decent amount of themes so I have to be pretty picky on which sets I do and do not buy. Why would I spend money on a set if the build itself is garbage and only a few minifigures are interesting? Hell nah

6 hours ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

Im so happy we are getting comic Hawkeye, this could mean the bike will be his hover cycle from the comics(potentially). Here's hoping we see a Comic version of Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and a long overdue Daredevil figure.

I really hope we get comic book Scarlet Witch and Vision figures soon. 

Finally, some purple goggles. I've just been using his 2012 red goggles on his Civil War purple outfit, and while it's sufficient, I wish it matched.

16 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really hope we get comic book Scarlet Witch and Vision figures soon. 

Yeah, and Doc Strange

On 8/9/2019 at 7:15 PM, Guyon2002 said:

That definetely doesn't apply to me. I'm invested in a decent amount of themes so I have to be pretty picky on which sets I do and do not buy. Why would I spend money on a set if the build itself is garbage and only a few minifigures are interesting? Hell nah

Nor to me, I was just pointing out how so many people complain endlessly about these sets (with good reason), and many end up buying them anyway, alluding to Jameson's "crap, crap, megacrap, I'll give you $200 for all of them" quote (something along those lines I forgot the exact qoute) from one of the Rami films.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:30 PM, HalfBloodPrince said:

As long as we get a comic scale captain america, I will be okay.

Not looking likely

On 8/9/2019 at 6:40 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

not a pheonix torso, guys.

Not every part is from marvel, the "black panther" head isn't, neither is the "pheonix" torso.

That head is looking like it might be BP

On 8/9/2019 at 9:06 PM, HarryVader said:

Love the Marvel comic sets! However, I do understand people’s complaints that these are not Endgame sets. Endgame is the finale of the Infinity Saga so its merchandise is definitely highly sought after. I also do feel that there are some uniform variants that I would have absolutely loved to have seen in Lego form. To be honest, I’ll be happy with any good Marvel set Lego puts out. Still, I can’t help but feel that Lego missed an opportunity here to make more sets based on what is now the biggest film of all time.

Well said. I love both MCU and comic sets, but right now is the time for MCU sets while the demand is still fresh and the movie hype is still up there. I personally feel that the MCU fandom is going to slow down until around 2021 or perhaps later. The first few Phase 4 movies I think won't gain a lot of hype, Black Widow is dead so our emotional investment isn't as strong, and the majority of people have never heard of Shang Chi or the Eternals so Marvel will have to pull something special to keep us gripped until Dr Strange 2 comes out. And you have the Disney+ shows but a lot of people won't bother with/wouldn't be able to afford a Disney+ subscription, so they'll lose out on those shows. And if the shows tie in with the movies as much as Marvel say they will then the people without Disney+ won't be too gripped by the Phase 4 movies. Or some people might be plain insulted by the fact that Dinsey seem to be blackmailing us to subscribe, essentially saying if we don't pay for their streaming then we won't be able to properly enjoy their movies.

Until Fantastic 4 and X-Men join the MCU I really think there's going to be a bit of a slump (but Thor 4 will probably pull in a big audience). LEGO should cash in on the hype now while Endgame is the biggest movie of all time. I'm very surprised that they didn't have a wave of spoiler sets to drop in the summer, and even more shocked that it's not looking like we'll get some in the autumn/winter. Often I wish that both the MCU and the comics got the Star Wars treatment where they release plenty of sets from the movies and shows every single season. The market is definitely there. 

3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Well said. I love both MCU and comic sets, but right now is the time for MCU sets while the demand is still fresh and the movie hype is still up there. I personally feel that the MCU fandom is going to slow down until around 2021 or perhaps later.

That's actually already happening, I know plenty people who are now (after Endgame) done with the MCU and no longer want to keep up with it. Some of them went to see FFH because they we're kinda interested in how Peter would deal with Tony's death but for most of them the MCU story was mainly about the orginal Avengers. And with 3 of them gone (especially Cap and Stark) there is no real reason for them to stay invested in these movies (that and Endgame wrapped everything up perfectly). And that's actually the main problem Phase 4 and 5 have. It may work, but this could also be the moment where Marvel is overstaying they're welcome.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's actually already happening, I know plenty people who are now (after Endgame) done with the MCU and no longer want to keep up with it. Some of them went to see FFH because they we're kinda interested in how Peter would deal with Tony's death but for most of them the MCU story was mainly about the orginal Avengers. And with 3 of them gone (especially Cap and Stark) there is no real reason for them to stay invested in these movies (that and Endgame wrapped everything up perfectly). And that's actually the main problem Phase 4 and 5 have. It may work, but this could also be the moment where Marvel is overstaying they're welcome.

I have to admit that I'm one of those people. For me FFH was an epilogue to the Infinity Saga, and while I'm sure I'll still enjoy the MCU, it's no longer going to be must-see viewing for me, I'll only see a few in cinemas. That's why it's sad that LEGO seem to have dropped the ball with Endgame sets.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what they do with comic sets though

2 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I have to admit that I'm one of those people. For me FFH was an epilogue to the Infinity Saga, and while I'm sure I'll still enjoy the MCU, it's no longer going to be must-see viewing for me, I'll only see a few in cinemas. That's why it's sad that LEGO seem to have dropped the ball with Endgame sets.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what they do with comic sets though

That's how I see FFH too, I really don't know why Feige says it's the end of Phase 3. Endgame wrapped up everything perfectly and was the perfect stopping-point for those who we're getting tired of Marvel, yet FFH ended on a huge cliffhanger. So much for wrapping things up (not that I don't like the ending, I love it! But it's not good as the end of Phase 3).

I'll watch the Disney+ shows, Love and Thunder and Multiverse of Madness just because I really love those characters. But I'm still kinda sceptical about Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Eternals

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's how I see FFH too, I really don't know why Feige says it's the end of Phase 3. Endgame wrapped up everything perfectly and was the perfect stopping-point for those who we're getting tired of Marvel, yet FFH ended on a huge cliffhanger. So much for wrapping things up (not that I don't like the ending, I love it! But it's not good as the end of Phase 3).

I'll watch the Disney+ shows, Love and Thunder and Multiverse of Madness just because I really love those characters. But I'm still kinda sceptical about Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Eternals

Yeah me too. I'm only going to watch black widow, Thor, doctor strange and black panther. Up until Shang chi and eternals were announced I had no clue who they were lol

6 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah me too. I'm only going to watch black widow, Thor, doctor strange and black panther. Up until Shang chi and eternals were announced I had no clue who they were lol

I've had that with a lot of characters tbh. Remember when Banner said "There's an ant-man and a spider-man?", that was pretty much my reaction to the Ant-Man movie getting announced (mind I wasn't that much into marvel at the time)

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not sure about the shows, but I agree with the movies. I'll definitely be more of a casual viewer now

I am excited to see the future of the LEGO Marvel theme though

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've had that with a lot of characters tbh. Remember when Banner said "There's an ant-man and a spider-man?", that was pretty much my reaction to the Ant-Man movie getting announced (mind I wasn't that much into marvel at the time)

Yeah, that's me from the start. Literally my reaction to all of the movies except Spider-Man ???

Edited by DeCommander96

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm still invested in the MCU, but I do think eternals will bomb. With shang-chi I think it depends on wether they do something different, or just make black panther in asia.

Please, stop talking about the future of the MCU here (and move it to the Culture and Multimedia thread) and get back on topic with LEGO sets.

Thank you.

Speaking of Endgame sets, I’m still clinging onto that one last bit of hope that we might see some movie figs thrown into those sets (take the Iron Man figures in the 2016 comic sets for example). Maybe the Thanos is a movie minifig after all as the texture on his face resembles his MCU variants more than his comic counterparts. I still want an accurate MCU Thanos, even if he’s just a minifig.

Edited by HarryVader

20 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Speaking of Endgame sets, I’m still clinging onto that one last bit of hope that we might see some movie figs thrown into those sets (take the Iron Man figures in the 2016 comic sets for example). Maybe the Thanos is a movie minifig after all as the texture on his face resembles his MCU variants more than his comic counterparts. I still want an accurate MCU Thanos, even if he’s just a minifig.

Now that we've seen more comic leaks I'm actually hoping there will be no more Endgame figures in these sets. I really don't want to have to buy a set just to get that specific figure (unless it's a cheap set) and most of the time those figures (like FFH Nick Fury) are pretty expensive

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now that we've seen more comic leaks I'm actually hoping there will be no more Endgame figures in these sets. I really don't want to have to buy a set just to get that specific figure (unless it's a cheap set) and most of the time those figures (like FFH Nick Fury) are pretty expensive

Bricklink?

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I actually think it would be better if the Iron Man and Thanos in those small and most likely cheap mech sets are Endgame variants, as they currently only come in the most expensive Endgame sets.

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Bricklink?

Like I said, most of the time if a set is bad and has 1 or 2 good figures people want the BL prices are pretty damn high

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Like I said, most of the time if a set is bad and has 1 or 2 good figures people want the BL prices are pretty damn high

eBay?