Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

It really is crazy how people will complain when we get comic sets. 

Like for the most part the movie sets give us the same planes and trucks with a logo stuck on. At least comic inspired sets can be more creative with the colours and character designs. 

44 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t understand why people refuse to believe that we’re getting comic sets other than the mechs. There’s nothing to suggest other Endgame sets. The Hulk one is probably just a one off extra set to fill in a couple of gaps, and since it fills in some pretty big ones I’m happy with that. The head is clearly Black Panther. Sure it looks similar to the Oni from Ninjago, but no other Oni have leaked while comic Marvel heads continue to leak and the head bears a strong resemblance to comic Black Panther. I’d be over the moon if the other two sets are Endgame ones but at this point it looks like all four are comic based. 

I also don't see why people are so against the comic sets. Even the leaks we've seen so far are better than the figs we got in the Endgame wave.

20 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

That Phoenix torso looks good, where is it from? Don't remember it from the comics, but I'm only familiar with a small segment of those.

Edit: Or it may not be Phoenix, just a jacket with a bird. Anyway, looks good.

not a pheonix torso, guys.

Not every part is from marvel, the "black panther" head isn't, neither is the "pheonix" torso.

Minifigures for the Marvel Comic line that are confirmed:

Iron Man

Thanos

Hawkeye

Unconfirmed:

Black Panther?

Captain America (I mean its kinda obvious they are going to make him.)

51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

not a pheonix torso, guys.

Not every part is from marvel, the "black panther" head isn't, neither is the "pheonix" torso.

That torso definitely isn’t from Marvel but there’s nothing to suggest that the head isn’t. It looks like comic book Black Panther and that’s most likely what it is. 

42 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I think the Phoenix torso is for Kaz from resistance 

no, the jacket is not star wars, Kaz's jacket is a lighter green and the pheonix imagery is a rebels thing, not resistance.

33 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Minifigures for the Marvel Comic line that are confirmed:

Iron Man

Thanos

Hawkeye

Unconfirmed:

Black Panther?

Captain America (I mean its kinda obvious they are going to make him.)

Iron man isn't "confirmed" per se, it could be an MCU suit. 

It’s funny how much complaining there is no matter what LEGO marvel puts out. When it’s all mcu sets people complain there should be comic sets. When it’s comics sets people complain it should be mcu sets. I feel like at this point the sets will probably be lame to a lot of people because of how high their expectations are that LEGO is going to include every single character missing from endgame even if the comic sets are actually good sets

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that we're getting a lot of comic-based sets. We aren't due another MCU film until May next year. This is the perfect opportunity for us to get some comic sets. 

22 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s funny how much complaining there is no matter what LEGO marvel puts out. When it’s all mcu sets people complain there should be comic sets. When it’s comics sets people complain it should be mcu sets. I feel like at this point the sets will probably be lame to a lot of people because of how high their expectations are that LEGO is going to include every single character missing from endgame even if the comic sets are actually good sets

I'm convinced that there will always be a small part of the Lego fandom that will always set expectations waaaay to high and then get angry when Lego doesn't give them 10/10 sets with perfect minifigures. Remember people, the target consumer is children, and it is very rare to get even one set from a licensed theme that seems to directly be made for AFOLs.

Right now I'm quite happy we're getting comic Black Panther and Hawkeye at the very least, and I'm sure we'll get some even better characters in this wave (fingers crossed for a comic Cap with the new helmet piece)

59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Iron man isn't "confirmed" per se, it could be an MCU suit. 

It would be very cool if it was actually the Iron Patriot suit from Endgame, in a red/blue mech.

Ah comic book based sets! Finally! I love the movies, but i don’t want those figs. To me, the comic book versions are the iconic, the real versions of the heroes. So, i really hope these sets will blow me away. 

Love the Marvel comic sets! However, I do understand people’s complaints that these are not Endgame sets. Endgame is the finale of the Infinity Saga so its merchandise is definitely highly sought after. I also do feel that there are some uniform variants that I would have absolutely loved to have seen in Lego form. To be honest, I’ll be happy with any good Marvel set Lego puts out. Still, I can’t help but feel that Lego missed an opportunity here to make more sets based on what is now the biggest film of all time.

Edited by HarryVader

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

As fans we do complain a lot for the right reasons. I would be fine with comic sets if we got all characters and version of them from Endgame! But we didn't and now it doesn't look like we will. Too bad cause there's some great stuff in that movie. 

I generally prefer movie figures, at least for the Marvel half of my superhero collection, but I will be all over a comic Hawkeye if it really is heavily Fraction-inspired.

Im so happy we are getting comic Hawkeye, this could mean the bike will be his hover cycle from the comics(potentially). Here's hoping we see a Comic version of Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and a long overdue Daredevil figure.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The head isn't black panther, for one thing, I don't know why people think that I personally don't get the resemblance and neither do others on this thread.

Check out his cover appearances in Jungle Action #10 and #23, and Avengers #82, and for good measure in Tales of Suspense #98. It’s not as obvious with his debut because his face is mostly just black/half masked depending on version, and with his solo title he regularly has eyeholes in his mask. I know he has them in other issues, but in Black Panther it’s more common. Honestly if you can’t see the likeness then there’s nothing more that I can do to help. If it’s not him then fine, I’m wrong, I don’t mind because I don’t buy Marvel unless my son is interested. But flat out denying it without any certifiable proof will just make you look daft if you’re wrong. I don’t understand why you are so against it.

Edited by RedHoodPug
Missed a word

26 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I generally prefer movie figures, at least for the Marvel half of my superhero collection, but I will be all over a comic Hawkeye if it really is heavily Fraction-inspired.

same here

12 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

But flat out denying it without any certifiable proof will just make you look daft if you’re wrong. I don’t understand why you are so against it.

I believe lots of people are against it because they would rather have Endgame figures. 

Honestly the problem with MCU sets has always been the secrecy surrounding them and the fact that Lego has to work from concept art as a result. This leads to some figures not being totally accurate (vision is a good example). I believe for Endgame the secrecy must have been huge considering the fact that this was the grand finale of the MCU so far which is why I believe that the sets and figures we got were so bland and why we are missing some figures that were key in the movie.

Sadly for above reason I don't think we'll be seeing them in any sets anytime soon. Maybe we'll get a Bricktober promotion with them (though I'm not certain if that is still a thing) or a polybag with a figure or 2 but apart from that I see no reason why we should have another Endgame wave. The hype surrounding the movie has certainly died down come January 2020 and as such it makes more sense for Lego to focus on different areas that children are more into. There was an Avengers Assemble cartoon that ran until early this year I believe based upon the comics and I think that is exactly what they are currently marketing towards. The Hawkeye from that show also looks quite a bit like the head we just gotDEF6199E1E1C025464FDB05EE13EFF02.jpg

22 minutes ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

I believe lots of people are against it because they would rather have Endgame figures. 

The reason I get, it’s the (lack of) logic behind it that completely flummoxes me :laugh:

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So new Hawkeye head pretty much rules out us getting Ronin version of him from Endgame, right? So it seem to be very likely the rest of sets are comic based? Thanos was right after all. Reality is often disappointing.

Not necessarily. Almost half of Phase 4 is Disney+ shows so sets are pretty much inevitable, and Feige confirmed Hawkeye will dive more into Clint's time as Ronin

I personally don't really care for most comic sets, it just depends on the builds. If they are as comic-inspired as the Bugle, Bridge Battle and others I may pick some up. But I'm honestly expecting the builds to be either as bad or worse than the Spider-Man sets

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not necessarily. Almost half of Phase 4 is Disney+ shows so sets are pretty much inevitable, and Feige confirmed Hawkeye will dive more into Clint's time as Ronin

I personally don't really care for most comic sets, it just depends on the builds. If they are as comic-inspired as the Bugle, Bridge Battle and others I may pick some up. But I'm honestly expecting the builds to be either as bad or worse than the Spider-Man sets

Most of the Disney+ shows won't be released till 2021 though, so if we do  get sets for the shows ( which seems very likely)   than we wouldn't see Ronin till then

If they are comic sets, I hope we get daredevil. I know it was the Netflix version, but wasn't Karen Page's bulletin referenced in an infinity war set? Also, someone here mentioned that Hawkeye would never be in a spider man set, but until 2016, I would've said the same thing about ghost rider, but we got him

I don´t think that people are strictly against comic based sets, but they would rather welcome more Endgame sets now. Why? Because they want to complete their collections of their favourite characters from the last Avengers movie. From the biggest super heroes movie. From the movie which made $2,794,895,335 and still counting. They want original LEGO movie accurate minifigures, maybe even some nice builds. But when they will not get them, what then? Bootlegers are super fast - I see plenty of various MCU characters bootleg figures on instagram every day. I´m against all those knockoffs, bootlegs etc. and I would never buy them. But I don´t understand, why TLG doesn´t capitalize on this kind of demand. As a LotR and LEGO LotR fan (we never did get the 3rd wave with the Gondor), I fully understand the feelings of MCU LEGO fans. TLG can release some comic based sets literally anytime, but 2019/2020 could be the last opportunity for the Endgame sets.