Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

True, but they didn't approve this and mentioned that it would be taken into further consideration. It's entirely possible that they'd label it as part of a large model line alongside the ideas logo (Similarly to how they do with licensed sets).

Either way, I think a lot of people here are way off with their guesses that it'll be some sort of building from the MCU as the Marvel and Disney themes already have those under the UCS and regular Disney lines. I also seriously doubt this line will have figures in any form as that is again something Marvel and Disney already do in their respective lines.

No, they've NEVER made an ideas set as part of a theme besides minecraft, and that was retroactively done and just happened because of how well the ideas set sold.  Also, name 1 marvel D2C besides the helicarrier, it's not something done often. And while there's certainly no gurentee of minifigures, you can't write them off just because they appear in normal lego sets. That's like saying these will be technic because the normal lego system is in the normal marvel and disney sets.

3 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I've found what was tainting my memory - it was definitely the 2nd of the Lego Marvel games (here's someone's video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75EWW-9DDfg). There is certainly more shape to the building in stills from the movies than the one in the game.

Thinking about locations, Lego has actually sort of covered a lot of the more memorable ones - Stark Malibu house, Wakandan lab, Hydra castle, Sakaar arena, the tower, the compound, the Sanctum. Even the Sokovian church I guess.

If there'd been sets before Avengers, then the Shield structure around the buried hammer in Thor would probably have been a shoe-in - couple of walls and a crane and a dirt pile, like that Spiderman set that no one liked. First Avenger train heist could have been nice, although that's more vehicle-y than location-y, but the Han Solo set for basically the same scene was a swing and a miss.

Maybe something will crop up in Phase 4.

I could probably write 20 full pages with detailed descriptions for MCU sets lego could do. They're sitting on a goldmine, they're just to lazy to actually dig into it

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, they've NEVER made an ideas set as part of a theme besides minecraft, and that was retroactively done and just happened because of how well the ideas set sold.  Also, name 1 marvel D2C besides the helicarrier, it's not something done often. And while there's certainly no gurentee of minifigures, you can't write them off just because they appear in normal lego sets. That's like saying these will be technic because the normal lego system is in the normal marvel and disney sets.

The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition is a D2C. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition is a D2C. 

2, then. And neither were large buildings. I'm not saying that's what zebra is, but it's not to be written off.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Looking at what Zebra encompasses (including Art and Music) I doubt that we'll get Minifigures in it at all, that's just my speculation. I also seriously doubt Lego would make another theme to put 'Marvel' and 'Disney' D2C's in and also make an 'Art' and 'Music' D2C. It's definitely something different to what we've seen because there's no real way to make any kind of building or minifigure scale sets for concepts like 'art' and 'music' and we're already getting a new Disney minifigure scale D2C this year with no trace of them opening a new theme for it. As much as I'd love to see some bigger builds from the Marvel universe, I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment expecting 'Zebra' to be some sort of minifigure based set.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Looking at what Zebra encompasses (including Art and Music) I doubt that we'll get Minifigures in it at all, that's just my speculation. I also seriously doubt Lego would make another theme to put 'Marvel' and 'Disney' D2C's in and also make an 'Art' and 'Music' D2C. It's definitely something different to what we've seen because there's no real way to make any kind of building or minifigure scale sets for concepts like 'art' and 'music' and we're already getting a new Disney minifigure scale D2C this year with no trace of them opening a new theme for it. As much as I'd love to see some bigger builds from the Marvel universe, I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment expecting 'Zebra' to be some sort of minifigure based set.

Yeah, I'm expecting something on the "display type", like the BrickHeadz were.

On another note, I saw there is a set from Ninjago which is a mech with 154 pieces and three minifigs, for $15. It's 70665, from the legacy collection. I wonder if the three Marvel mechs will follow this pattern since they have very similar piece counts. If they do,  I think they can be good sets. An affordable price for 3 minifigs, and the mechs with mini ball joints are nice.

42 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

On another note, I saw there is a set from Ninjago which is a mech with 154 pieces and three minifigs, for $15. It's 70665, from the legacy collection. I wonder if the three Marvel mechs will follow this pattern since they have very similar piece counts. If they do,  I think they can be good sets. An affordable price for 3 minifigs, and the mechs with mini ball joints are nice.

It'd also match up better in scale to the Hulk and Thanos bigfigs.

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

We just got what is undoubtedly a Comic book Hawkeye headpiece. So this wave looks to have quite a large amount of comic based sets.

I agree that the head is almost definitely Hawkeye, but it doesn't really suggest anything about the sets. Hawkeye could come in one of the Spider-Man sets for all we know

Just now, legoSDR said:

I agree that the head is almost definitely Hawkeye, but it doesn't really suggest anything about the sets. Hawkeye could come in one of the Spider-Man sets for all we know

Seeing as we already saw a Comic Thanos head and what's looking likely to be a Black Panther head, I think it's fair to assume he's gonna be in one of the avengers sets.

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

Seeing as we already saw a Comic Thanos head and what's looking likely to be a Black Panther head, I think it's fair to assume he's gonna be in one of the avengers sets.

The Thanos head is for the Thanos Mech, we already assume the Thanos and Iron Man mechs are comic based/just random non-MCU. That still leaves 2 (I think?) sets that could be either MCU or comic. The "Black Panther" head is almost definitely not Black Panther, more likely Ninjago or something

I'm more than happy to eat my words if I'm wrong though, because I love Marvel sets whether they're MCU or not, and a comic book BP would be a great fig

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It'd also match up better in scale to the Hulk and Thanos bigfigs.

I don't think the thanos mech will operate at a similar scale to the thanos bigfig.

10 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I agree, he's probably a spider-man set or maybe in one of the "mech" sets.

7 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The head isn't black panther, for one thing, I don't know why people think that I personally don't get the resemblance and neither do others on this thread. in addition, the thanos head is almost undoubtedly from the thanos mech set, which appears to be part of a new subtheme.

The head appears to be based on Matt Fraction Hawkeye. Probably it won't have leg printing (plain black legs work), so let's hope he has dual molded arms for the black sleeves.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree, he's probably a spider-man set or maybe in one of the "mech" sets.

Someone on Instagram suggested it could be part of the Thanos mech as an antagonist to Thanos. Could easily work as an ally to Iron Man in the Iron Man mech. Who knows

Just now, PRbrickbuilder said:

The head appears to be based on Matt Fraction Hawkeye. Probably it won't have leg printing (plain black legs work), so let's hope he has dual molded arms for the black sleeves.

It'll probably more likely have just plain light flesh arms unfortunately 

Just now, legoSDR said:

Someone on Instagram suggested it could be part of the Thanos mech as an antagonist to Thanos. Could easily work as an ally to Iron Man in the Iron Man mech. Who knows

I saw that, it works with @PRbrickbuilder's theory on the mech sets having 3 minifigures each.

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think the thanos mech will operate at a similar scale to the thanos bigfig.

I was thinking more of an Iron Man mech, which might be a comic-esque hulkbuster.

I agree, he's probably a spider-man set or maybe in one of the "mech" sets.

As much as I want more Endgame sets, I can't see them ever putting Hawkeye into a Spider-man set while he's still in Avengers sets.

The head isn't black panther, for one thing, I don't know why people think that I personally don't get the resemblance and neither do others on this thread. in addition, the thanos head is almost undoubtedly from the thanos mech set, which appears to be part of a new subtheme.

I used to agree with that sentiment, but with more and more comic based leaks, it's looking more likely to be from a comic book Black Panther.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

Judging by other Ninjago head leaks, which all have more colourful designs and incorporate pixel-y geometric-y shapes, I am 99% convinced that the disputed head is supposed to be comic book Black Panther.

Edited by ood0

I don’t understand why people refuse to believe that we’re getting comic sets other than the mechs. There’s nothing to suggest other Endgame sets. The Hulk one is probably just a one off extra set to fill in a couple of gaps, and since it fills in some pretty big ones I’m happy with that. The head is clearly Black Panther. Sure it looks similar to the Oni from Ninjago, but no other Oni have leaked while comic Marvel heads continue to leak and the head bears a strong resemblance to comic Black Panther. I’d be over the moon if the other two sets are Endgame ones but at this point it looks like all four are comic based. 

I'm over the moon that we are actually getting comic book marvel sets this year. I like the MCU but I vastly prefer the comic book designs. Very excited to see what this wave will offer us, personally I am hoping for Baron Zemo and Daredevil most but we'll see.

So new Hawkeye head pretty much rules out us getting Ronin version of him from Endgame, right? So it seem to be very likely the rest of sets are comic based? Thanos was right after all. Reality is often disappointing.

That Phoenix torso looks good, where is it from? Don't remember it from the comics, but I'm only familiar with a small segment of those.

Edit: Or it may not be Phoenix, just a jacket with a bird. Anyway, looks good.

Edited by LegoFjotten

3 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

That Phoenix torso looks good, where is it from? Don't remember it from the comics, but I'm only familiar with a small segment of those.

Probably hidden side.