Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

If you mean the late 2019, possibly january 2020 sets, they've already started with the thanos head. If you mean black widow/eternals/disney+show/comic sets for later in 2020, quite some time.

Thanks

In the words of @Falconfan1414, "Zebra is going to be a game changer". Doesn't exactly sound like a mosaic, so I'm really hoping for something good here. No idea how LEGO could produce something that's "game changing" to Marvel, but I'm excited

Also Falc, if I've jumped the gun and you were just speculating, I'm sorry bout that, I've seen people stealing your predictions on Instagram 

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

In the words of @Falconfan1414, "Zebra is going to be a game changer". Doesn't exactly sound like a mosaic, so I'm really hoping for something good here. No idea how LEGO could produce something that's "game changing" to Marvel, but I'm excited

Also Falc, if I've jumped the gun and you were just speculating, I'm sorry bout that, I've seen people stealing your predictions on Instagram 

good builds? something that's not a mech? bald thanos? :roflmao:

Jokes aside, If it's a "game changer", I could see detailed, UCS type sets made for adults being the products.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:55 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Let me end this "Magneto or Onslaught" discussion here.

The set is called 76073 Mighty Micros: Wolverine vs. Magneto. I'm surprised you didn't check the official name and description but rather discussed this for two pages.

Just want to add to this, the magneto we got in the Mighty Micros set seems like it's based on his design from the X-Men Evolution cartoon with the black head and white eyes. The actual suit looks like the classic design though.

image.png.4938469e2aa8ad78fe4a94b6e6217080.png

Edited by shadefoundry

Enough with the stupid magneto discussion, its magneto not onslaught, we get it, get over it. Seriously people, why are you arguing over a 2017 set that means absolutely nothing for this year or next year.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

good builds? something that's not a mech? bald thanos? :roflmao:

Jokes aside, If it's a "game changer", I could see detailed, UCS type sets made for adults being the products.

Perhaps big buildings? Art = Art gallery; Music = Concert stadium; Disney = New castle (based on a specific movie i.e. Beauty and the Beast)/Disneyland; Avengers Compound/Stark Tower/Baxter Building/Xavier's Mansion 

Not sure if these would be game changers as we've had things like the GB Firehouse and the Disney Castle which would fall right into the same category as the above. 

Edited by legoSDR

34 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Perhaps big buildings? Art = Art gallery; Music = Concert stadium; Disney = New castle (based on a specific movie i.e. Beauty and the Beast)/Disneyland; Avengers Compound/Stark Tower/Baxter Building/Xavier's Mansion 

Not sure if these would be game changers as we've had things like the GB Firehouse and the Disney Castle which would fall right into the same category as the above. 

And those wouldn’t justify ‘Zebra’ being its own separate theme, it has to be something that couldn’t be done as part of the regular themes :classic:

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And those wouldn’t justify ‘Zebra’ being its own separate theme, it has to be something that couldn’t be done as part of the regular themes :classic:

Very true, unless they all shared a common USP or feature like motors or other electronics like lights or sounds

Edited by legoSDR

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense for it to be a new theme in this case, unless they wanted to bring the UCS idea out as a separate theme, like a licensed version of Creator Expert. 

I'm going to keep assuming it's something simple and unexciting until there is more evidence. Not going to start getting my hopes up for a big new special theme.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense for it to be a new theme in this case, unless they wanted to bring the UCS idea out as a separate theme, like a licensed version of Creator Expert. 

I'm going to keep assuming it's something simple and unexciting until there is more evidence. Not going to start getting my hopes up for a big new special theme.

Could be replica style scaled down models?

Art = Famous sculpure

Music = Famous instrument (Fender guitar, Stradivarius violin etc)

Disney = Character sculpture?

Marvel = Infinity Gauntlet buildable replica (kind of like the Hot Toys one which comes on a stand)

8 hours ago, legoSDR said:

I could see this working, but don't get your hopes up for anything marvel besides avengers, especially not in 2019-2020.

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Someone mentioned creator expert as opposed to creator, and i think it would work like that, especially since it's only IP's of one company.

12 hours ago, legoSDR said:

I'm willing to accept it might be a failure of imagination on my part, but I've never understood the clamour for the Avengers Compound as a building. Neither before this year's definitely-not-a-City-police-station-with-different-stickers, nor after it. In the movies (and in the 2nd Lego Marvel game, if I remember correctly) it's just a dirty great concrete cube with some windows. Everyone else seems to be able to picture some sort of magnificent display set, but I can't!

Though the Thor films were never my favourites it's a shame that time has been called on Asgard as a location in the movies, really. That had some "big location display set" potential (pitched somewhere between Helm's Deep & the Disney castle... shortened bridge out the front, shrunken Bifrost room, prison area, Loki statue, throw in a flying boat thing... You get it).

Edited by ReversibleSedgewick

2 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I'm willing to accept it might be a failure of imagination on my part, but I've never understood the clamour for the Avengers Compound as a building. Neither before this year's definitely-not-a-City-police-station-with-different-stickers, nor after it. In the movies (and in the 2nd Lego Marvel game, if I remember correctly) it's just a dirty great concrete cube with some windows. Everyone else seems to be able to picture some sort of magnificent display set, but I can't!

Though the Thor films were never my favourites it's a shame that time has been called on Asgard as a location in the movies, really. That had some "big location display set" potential (pitched somewhere between Helm's Deep & the Disney castle... shortened bridge out the front, shrunken Bifrost room, prison area, Loki statue, throw in a flying boat thing... You get it).

I agree an asgard set could be cool, but the avengers compound in the MCU looks nothing like a "dirty great concrete cube". Look up mcu avengers compound or even just rewatch endgame and you'll see that. I personally like the architecture of the compound and think it would make a great display set.

2 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Yeah, or a full version of either the sanctum sanctorum (yes, I'm aware we've had two of these already) or Kamar-Taj from Doctor Strange

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Pretty sure that was more speculative than an actual hint at information. It's probably in reference to a single theme using both Disney and Marvel as sub-themes.

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Pretty sure that was more speculative than an actual hint at information. It's probably in reference to a single theme using both Disney and Marvel as sub-themes.

but then it's not in any way a "game changer", as brickheadz has done that exact thing, and lego dimensions used dozens of different IPs.

And @Falconfan1414 has been a reliable source in the past, so I'm inclined to listen to what he says.

12 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I totally agree that Asgard would be brilliant but I think the sun has set on any chance for it.

I don't agree with the compound though, there's a lot of potential for little iconic scenes and details. Just look at what LEGO did with the Jurassic Park gate; they put mini scenes in there which in no way belong but add to the appeal and fun of the set. You could do the same with the compound. You could have a gun range, the time machine, (another) stark lab, you could even throw Captain America's transformation in there because why not? Iron Spider display, the board room where the Sokovia accords were written up, Black Widow's hologram meeting from Endgame. Not to mention what can be done with the outside; a patch of burned grass from where Thor leaves at the end of AoU, a helicopter pad for that fantastic Hulkcopter (absolute sarcasm), a partial lake. As @Mandalorianknight said, the architecture itself has a lot of potential to be a great build.

You could even include playability where parts can be blown up. Or a mini Santuary II, or Sorcerer Portals

And then you have the minifigure potential; Ronin, Fat Thor, Transformation Cap, Peggy, General Ross, War Machine from the Endgame battle, Captain Marvel updated, Bald Thanos, Nebula, Howard Stark young or old or both.

BTW my hopes are definitely not hanging on this... I'm just fighting its corner

Edited by legoSDR

6 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Just look at what LEGO did with the Jurassic Park gate; they put mini scenes in there which in no way belong but add to the appeal and fun of the set.

It's cool to hear people's ideas for MCU location sets (since "a big location" seems to be one of the guesses for project Zebra). I hadn't thought of the mini-scenes idea, but that seems to be quite a common thing now (Death Star, Jurassic Gate, Cloud City...). Location sets are a personal favourite, preferably exteriors rather than interiors, but I find it hard to think of memorable locations with these films... 

16 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

a full version of either the sanctum sanctorum (yes, I'm aware we've had two of these already)

...so I'd also be happy with Sanctum after Sanctum after Sanctum as well!

Not sure what else there is. The Collector's Lair could be good for easter eggs and details but might be a bit samey as a build. 

6 hours ago, legoSDR said:

I don't agree with the compound though, there's a lot of potential for little iconic scenes and details. Just look at what LEGO did with the Jurassic Park gate; they put mini scenes in there which in no way belong but add to the appeal and fun of the set. You could do the same with the compound. You could have a gun range, the time machine, (another) stark lab, you could even throw Captain America's transformation in there because why not? Iron Spider display, the board room where the Sokovia accords were written up, Black Widow's hologram meeting from Endgame. Not to mention what can be done with the outside; a patch of burned grass from where Thor leaves at the end of AoU, a helicopter pad for that fantastic Hulkcopter (absolute sarcasm), a partial lake. As @Mandalorianknight said, the architecture itself has a lot of potential to be a great build.

You could even include playability where parts can be blown up. Or a mini Santuary II, or Sorcerer Portals

And then you have the minifigure potential; Ronin, Fat Thor, Transformation Cap, Peggy, General Ross, War Machine from the Endgame battle, Captain Marvel updated, Bald Thanos, Nebula, Howard Stark young or old or both.

BTW my hopes are definitely not hanging on this... I'm just fighting its corner

This would be a perfect set.

5 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

It's cool to hear people's ideas for MCU location sets (since "a big location" seems to be one of the guesses for project Zebra). I hadn't thought of the mini-scenes idea, but that seems to be quite a common thing now (Death Star, Jurassic Gate, Cloud City...). Location sets are a personal favourite, preferably exteriors rather than interiors, but I find it hard to think of memorable locations with these films... 

...so I'd also be happy with Sanctum after Sanctum after Sanctum as well!

Not sure what else there is. The Collector's Lair could be good for easter eggs and details but might be a bit samey as a build. 

I have to agree with you here on there not being many recognizable MCU locations, but has anyone mentioned stark tower yet? I personally think we don't need another one and IF the zebra sets are big locations than the compound is the best option

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I have to agree with you here on there not being many recognizable MCU locations, but has anyone mentioned stark tower yet? I personally think we don't need another one and IF the zebra sets are big locations than the compound is the best option

I really want another one for 2 reasons:

1. I didn't buy the Avengers Tower in 2015 because my interests where more focused on other themes

2. In my opinion the 2015 set is a pretty poor executed set. They should really consider making it a big set (either UCS or normal retail, so somewhere in between 150-200$) as its by far the most recognizable building in the MCU! I don't even think it would matter much if they did the Stark or Avengers version of the tower

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really want another one for 2 reasons:

1. I didn't buy the Avengers Tower in 2015 because my interests where more focused on other themes

2. In my opinion the 2015 set is a pretty poor executed set. They should really consider making it a big set (either UCS or normal retail, so somewhere in between 150-200$) as its by far the most recognizable building in the MCU! I don't even think it would matter much if they did the Stark or Avengers version of the tower

I'll always prefer the compound, as I feel it fits the slightly more grounded in reality MCU as opposed to the comics, where the avengers are an organization of people with enhanced abilities that mostly have their identities known and being an avenger is their job, as opposed to the silver age comics where, for example, they would all take a different mode of transport to the battle so ant man and the wasp would just hitch rides on passing commercial planes, and no one knew the true identities of most of the heroes, not even each other. So to me the compound vs the tower represents realism vs more stereotypical comics, but that's more of a personal view that has no real basis on reality.

i also didn't get the 2015 tower because i thought it looked bad, and i agree that it needs a UCS style representation. Hopefully IF zebra is large buildings it does well and future waves include both these buildings.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the avengers compound in the MCU looks nothing like a "dirty great concrete cube". Look up mcu avengers compound or even just rewatch endgame and you'll see that.

I've found what was tainting my memory - it was definitely the 2nd of the Lego Marvel games (here's someone's video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75EWW-9DDfg). There is certainly more shape to the building in stills from the movies than the one in the game.

Thinking about locations, Lego has actually sort of covered a lot of the more memorable ones - Stark Malibu house, Wakandan lab, Hydra castle, Sakaar arena, the tower, the compound, the Sanctum. Even the Sokovian church I guess.

If there'd been sets before Avengers, then the Shield structure around the buried hammer in Thor would probably have been a shoe-in - couple of walls and a crane and a dirt pile, like that Spiderman set that no one liked. First Avenger train heist could have been nice, although that's more vehicle-y than location-y, but the Han Solo set for basically the same scene was a swing and a miss.

Maybe something will crop up in Phase 4.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, legoSDR said:

Could be replica style scaled down models?

Art = Famous sculpure

Music = Famous instrument (Fender guitar, Stradivarius violin etc)

Disney = Character sculpture?

Marvel = Infinity Gauntlet buildable replica (kind of like the Hot Toys one which comes on a stand)

I think this is a really good guess. Although, I think it would probably be:

Marvel: Iron Man helmet buildable replica

Has anyone considered that 'Zebra Music' might be a spot for the Functioning Lego Piano from Ideas. It might lend merit to the idea that this line will consist of large scale models.

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

Has anyone considered that 'Zebra Music' might be a spot for the Functioning Lego Piano from Ideas. It might lend merit to the idea that this line will consist of large scale models.

An Ideas set would not be listed under this new "Zebra" theme. They are always part of the Lego Ideas theme. 

1 minute ago, nikhkin said:

An Ideas set would not be listed under this new "Zebra" theme. They are always part of the Lego Ideas theme. 

True, but they didn't approve this and mentioned that it would be taken into further consideration. It's entirely possible that they'd label it as part of a large model line alongside the ideas logo (Similarly to how they do with licensed sets).

Either way, I think a lot of people here are way off with their guesses that it'll be some sort of building from the MCU as the Marvel and Disney themes already have those under the UCS and regular Disney lines. I also seriously doubt this line will have figures in any form as that is again something Marvel and Disney already do in their respective lines.