Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

5 minutes ago, ood0 said:

1414Falconfan: "I don't think bike is the best name for the avengers set coming."

I'm guessing that means the bike is a minor sidebuild, like with the Batcave and the Quinjet. The set has 226 pieces, the main build can't be that big.

Maybe it’s a different vehicle? Wasn’t Hawkeye’s Quinjet tricycle called a bike in the description? I kind of doubt it would be a side build since the only set named after a side build that I can think of is Hogwarts Whomping Willow. 

34 minutes ago, ood0 said:

1414Falconfan: "I don't think bike is the best name for the avengers set coming."

I'm guessing that means the bike is a minor sidebuild, like with the Batcave and the Quinjet. The set has 226 pieces, the main build can't be that big.

Lol when I said that I meant there probably will be a better name for what is coming not just a bike. Was just stating it

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lol when I said that I meant there probably will be a better name for what is coming not just a bike. Was just stating it

I believe he's saying here that it's not just a bike". Maybe it's a trike, or has something else with it, or is like "hawkeye's bike" or something.

1 hour ago, The NexoNinja said:

yeah, none of these are the final names, except maybe the mech sets

Yeah none of the main theme sets are going to keep the names "avengers (vehicle)"
As for the mechs,

Spoiler

T H A N O S    M E C H    T H A N O S    M E C H    T H A N O S    M E C H

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

Yeah, the names are not always accurate to the sets. For example, this set from the first Avengers film was called 'Captain America's Avenging Cycle' dispite the motorbike having the lowest piece count of all the builds.71Art-g2IXL._SL1157_.jpg

Or this set called 'Spider-man Spider-Cycle Chase'lego76004dp__59993.1543353152.jpg?c=2&im

20 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

I guess. I just figured if the bike, truck and helicopter sets were all Endgame based that LEGO would've spread the stones out a bit instead of lumping them all into one set.

Although with the helicopter including the nano gauntlet it does make sense for that set to come with the remaining stones.

The fact that the Nano Gauntlet is in this set would be the reason the remaining stones are in it too. Just like how the compound was the only one in the first wave to have any stones

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, they're from animated shows. Sometimes a set will contain a figure based off the comics that doesn't look exactly like that in the show, but nearly every figure we have is mcu or avengers assemble or spider-man or whatever they call those shows now.

Yeah this is what I'd always thought. I've checked out the head in question and I doubt it's BP at this point

4 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

It might be one of those really exaggerated bikes like the deadshot, Harley Quinn and captain america ones. 

I'd hope they wouldn't do that twice in one theme. With Cap's bike in the first wave it would be a kick in the teeth to get another similar bike

Does anyone know if we're any closer to getting a clue as to what the Marvel Zebra set is? I'd like to know why some people are convinced it's a mosaic, am I missing something?

33 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I'd like to know why some people are convinced it's a mosaic, am I missing something?

It's because that was the information provided the first time the list of "zebra" sets was leaked. 

41 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I'd hope they wouldn't do that twice in one theme. With Cap's bike in the first wave it would be a kick in the teeth to get another similar bike

Wouldn't be the first time. For the civil war sets we got a quinjet and black panthers jet in the same wave

11 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

It's because that was the information provided the first time the list of "zebra" sets was leaked. 

Well that potentially sucks

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Wouldn't be the first time. For the civil war sets we got a quinjet and black panthers jet in the same wave

Kinda different though, one's a big scale vehicle and the other was smaller

8 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Kinda different though, one's a big scale vehicle and the other was smaller

Yeah but same typa vehicle

9 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Aside from both being arial vehicles, they have nothing else in common. The black panther jet is very much a stealth fighter, with a very thin profile and angular wings. The quinjet is a larger, more gunship-like build, very much more rounded than the black panther jet. You can't complain, especially since they were both actually in the film.

7 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I agree that a UCS style battle of avengers compound would be so much better than a mosiac, but c'mon, think of how cool a mosiac of iron man with his repulsor extended would be as a decoration in your home.

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah but same typa vehicle

Maybe it's just a preference thing, but I personally didn't mind

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree that a UCS style battle of avengers compound would be so much better than a mosiac, but c'mon, think of how cool a mosiac of iron man with his repulsor extended would be as a decoration in your home.

I mean yeah that would look awesome, but so would a scale suit Cap and fat Thor in my minifig display 

Just now, legoSDR said:

I mean yeah that would look awesome, but so would a scale suit Cap and fat Thor in my minifig display 

I don't get all this about fat thor, If you slap an aquaman helmet on infinity war thor it's pretty close.

Scale suit cap though, I 100% get. But remember, they likely could show up in the endgame wave in november.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't get all this about fat thor, If you slap an aquaman helmet on infinity war thor it's pretty close.

Scale suit cap though, I 100% get. But remember, they likely could show up in the endgame wave in november.

Yeah that's what I've done, but the little OCD kid in me wants an official LEGO one. Especially considering the face print could be really nice with his beard braid. Also I'd like a more muted colour for the hair, the yellow works but it a bit too bright

15 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Yeah that's what I've done, but the little OCD kid in me wants an official LEGO one. Especially considering the face print could be really nice with his beard braid. Also I'd like a more muted colour for the hair, the yellow works but it a bit too bright

How about movie Aquaman's hair?  And there's also a purist superhero figures thread.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Aside from both being arial vehicles, they have nothing else in common. The black panther jet is very much a stealth fighter, with a very thin profile and angular wings. The quinjet is a larger, more gunship-like build, very much more rounded than the black panther jet. You can't complain, especially since they were both actually in the film.

That does sound cool. A mosaic of the artwork thing from ironman 2

Edited by DeCommander96

Pretty sure a mosiac was just SPECULATION from when the name was first unveiled, from what I can remember no one has corroborated that. As someone esle pointed out, "zebra" is probably just a code name for whatever line this is. Very unlikely to be the final name

2 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Pretty sure a mosiac was just SPECULATION from when the name was first unveiled, from what I can remember no one has corroborated that. As someone esle pointed out, "zebra" is probably just a code name for whatever line this is. Very unlikely to be the final name

Mosaics aren't Legos style, I like your thinking

3 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Mosaics aren't Legos style, I like your thinking

Mosaics are actually pretty much perfectly suited to LEGO's style, but they've been pretty few and far between - and never licensed as far as I can remember. So I would very much welcome the opportunity for something a little different.

Let's also remember that whatever Zebra is, it's presumably intended to bring in new fans - which means it would have to offer something significantly different from what's already being done. Adults who aren't already buying LEGO sets probably aren't going to be converted just because a "Thor but he's a Fortnite-addicted fatass now" minifig turns up.

16 minutes ago, The NexoNinja said:

yeah, they even have that mosaic maker of yourself in the Leicester square lego store

Those mosaics were in black and white too.  Maybe that's why people associated Zebra with it.
I doubt 'Zebra' will have minifigures at all. Its clearly a new theme that uses existing IP's, I guess it'll work similar to brickheadz. I'm almost certain it'll be some sort of display piece theme because of this. Although, who knows. Zebra and Brickheadz have a lot of letters in common :rofl:.

About Zebra, I think people might be on the right track with it being a mosaic of some kind, but the name “zebra” seems to imply something, perhaps in a “is a zebra black with white stripes or white with black stripes”-Type situation. Perhaps the line is more akin to lenticular printing, using cheese slopes to create two different images from two different perspectives? So instead of a single mosaic of Iron Man, it might be split between both him and Captain America.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They've actually done alot of mosiacs before

I meant for marvel and other licensed themes 

10 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I meant for marvel and other licensed themes 

There was a Harry Potter mosaic GWP available in (I think) Singapore. They were free if you spent quite a large amount (around the cost of the large Hogwarts Castle set).