Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well I guess we’re getting a minifig Thanos. A little weird but the head does look good

At least he does look more like MCU Thanos than Comic Thanos, so that's a good thing...

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well I guess we’re getting a minifig Thanos. A little weird but the head does look good

The leakers I follow on Insta didn't post the picture. Where did you see it?

55 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

The leakers I follow on Insta didn't post the picture. Where did you see it?

Should be under the legoleaks hashtag now. Pretty sure this is the comic version of Thanos, as his eyes are red instead of blue and that his skin tone is more of a dark purple. But hey at least we kind of get a bald Thanos this time.

Edited by HarryVader

Welp. Was expecting that, though not this soon. How do we now have 2 minifigue scale versions of Thanos and not one movie-accurate bigfig?

That being said, I think it’s a good design. I really hope they give us a nice design for Iron Man in his mech.

4 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

The big question now is does this leaked Thanos head mean that the restvof the sets are comic based and not Endgame?

It’s kind of weird because I don’t think we have ever gotten comic sets and movie sets in the same wave before. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I mean, minifigure scale Thanos doesn't necessarily lead to comic based sets - it's likely still an Endgame-themed set, just with a different variant of Thanos. Personally I would have loved a new Axl-style mold (nex007.png) or something along the lines of Mr. Incredible from the game (which never made it into a set but looks like this:top-bob.png) as I feel it's a good compromise to portray the scale of Thanos with a minifigure head and more articulation, but it seems that we are just getting a standard minifig for this which will feel a little out of place amongst the regular figures.

That head looks great. Slightly disappointed that we aren’t getting a movie accurate bigfig, but the Infinity War and Endgame bigfigs were so inaccurate that I’m glad we aren’t getting another bad one. 

14 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Welp. Was expecting that, though not this soon. How do we now have 2 minifigue scale versions of Thanos and not one movie-accurate bigfig?

That being said, I think it’s a good design. I really hope they give us a nice design for Iron Man in his mech.

Agree with everything you said. Maybe a cheaper way to get the MK 85? Hope they don’t just reuse an MK 50 like in the HoA.

20 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That head looks great. Slightly disappointed that we aren’t getting a movie accurate bigfig, but the Infinity War and Endgame bigfigs were so inaccurate that I’m glad we aren’t getting another bad one. 

If this Thanos has a movie accurate helmet, I’ll happily forgive LEGO for the bad big figs.

We are getting a DC minifigure series next year, so our chances for a Marvel one are slightly bigger.

Thanos' face looks nice, I don't like the red eyes tho.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We are getting a DC minifigure series next year, so our chances for a Marvel one are slightly bigger.

Thanos' face looks nice, I don't like the red eyes tho.

Highly unlikely because of Hasbro’s contract.  Lego can’t include only figures in Star Wars or Marvel, but stuff like promotional minifigure SDCC packs or polybags work. They need to have builds such as the SW Battle packs or The Outrider Dropship, and that Captain America set from 2012.

Mattel could be different.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Highly unlikely because of Hasbro’s contract.  Lego can’t include only figures in Star Wars or Marvel, but stuff like promotional minifigure SDCC packs or polybags work. They need to have builds such as the SW Battle packs or The Outrider Dropship, and that Captain America set from 2012.

Mattel could be different.

I think since Mattel is losing the DC license next year the regulations could be much more lenient there. 

On 7/23/2019 at 11:48 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah either he edited it for clarification or I'm losing it. Probably the latter.

After seeing endgame for the 5th time, I'm more annoyed that we aren't getting chitauri tanks and whatnot. The only reason I can think for lego giving us these inaccurate avenger vehicles instead of accurate ones is something about hero vehicles, but there's nothing there I can really get that makes any sense.

Or because the sets might have been put into production long before the movie was released.     

1 minute ago, HarryVader said:

I think since Mattel is losing the DC license next year the regulations could be much more lenient there. 

Mattel's losing the DC licence?

10 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Mattel's losing the DC licence?

Yup. They lost most of their DC license to Spin Master

Edited by HarryVader

The minifig scale Thanos basically proves this is going to be comic based. The new headpiece has red eyes, which has only appeared as a feature of Thanos in the comics.
I think Lego has the opportunity to do this really well. I hope we get something like the UG figures comic Thanos which looks badass.

Spoiler

Comic-Thanos-UG-Custom-Minifigure.jpg

Spoiler tag because don't get your hopes up.

Welp, if it's based on the comics that's both good and bad. Bad being we're not getting an MCU-accurate Thanos and good being me saving a lot of money on this wave

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m not worried about an accurate Thanos big fig as much as losing hopes for a scale suit cap, fat Thor, Ronin, and Iron Patriot

Yeah, the rumored different release date for the Hulk Helicopter Drop makes it look a lot less likely that we'll ever see a Endgame wave pt.2.
I think these new "Thanos Mech, Iron man Mech, and Spider-man Mech" might be the next version of the Mighty Micros, hopefully the rest of the wave correlates to some better sets.

I still think the truck and motorcycle sets may be Endgame based. They’ve included movie based Iron Man suits in comic sets before so if they do that this time we may still see an Iron Patriot. 

I have a feeling the mech sets are comic based, but that the other two are endgame sets, mostly because one standalone set would be weird, and also because I think the mech sets are a different thing all together from the other three.