Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

So just a couple of things since I've been away for a few days and apparently everything's gone down in that timeframe. First off, I might be the only one but the more I look at the SDCC PS4 Spidey, the less I care. I played through the whole game in the classic suit, so I'm not particularly worried about not being able to get what is imho a pretty ugly looking suit. Secondly, I'm not sure about the accuracy of the set descriptions that showed up on Instagram but I'll be pretty sad if that's a Comic version of Mysterio in the juniors set. He's one of my all-time favourite villains but juniors sets always feel like such a waste of my money since I know they're not made for me and that the builds are going to get scrapped immediately since I'm just buying them for the figures.

7 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

So just a couple of things since I've been away for a few days and apparently everything's gone down in that timeframe. First off, I might be the only one but the more I look at the SDCC PS4 Spidey, the less I care. I played through the whole game in the classic suit, so I'm not particularly worried about not being able to get what is imho a pretty ugly looking suit. Secondly, I'm not sure about the accuracy of the set descriptions that showed up on Instagram but I'll be pretty sad if that's a Comic version of Mysterio in the juniors set. He's one of my all-time favourite villains but juniors sets always feel like such a waste of my money since I know they're not made for me and that the builds are going to get scrapped immediately since I'm just buying them for the figures.

you'd prefer we didn't get a comics mysterio? Juniors sets are great for getting figures at a cheap price, and i can try to resell or give the builds to my 6y/o neighbors if i don't scrap them for parts. There will always be juniors sets, and lego could very easily lower costs by not giving us exclusive figures in them, but they do.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

you'd prefer we didn't get a comics mysterio? Juniors sets are great for getting figures at a cheap price, and i can try to resell or give the builds to my 6y/o neighbors if i don't scrap them for parts. There will always be juniors sets, and lego could very easily lower costs by not giving us exclusive figures in them, but they do.

Id prefer a £20 set with comic mysterio and another new figure. Instead of giving us another carnage in the last Spider-Man wave I'd have gladly accepted a classic mysterio

And don't diss the design principles of Juniors sets, either. I haven't gotten many in my time - outside of Toy Story, the only one I can remember was Emmet and Benny's Workshop earlier this year. However, the large preformed car chassis found an excellent home as part of the Technic superstructure in a large MOC I'm currently working on. Juniors has useful stuff. 

Personally, I think it's very likely that it will be a comics Mysterio, and no biggie. Honestly I'm not that interested in collecting all variants of a given character anyway, so it's an easy pass for me. That said, for those who care I'm happy for you. 

Personally, I believe that the IM and Thanos Mechs will be comic-based, with minifigure-scale mechs and comic accurate minifigures. I have absolutely no proof at all but that's just my thoughts. 

Mostly, I think it'd be cool if they had Marvel sets like the Nexo Armors; smallish, fun mechs with reallt cool minifigures.

I Just realized that all three mech sets, including the spider man one, have almost the same amount of pieces. I think this is a new sub-theme of small comic sets like the mighty micros were, which also means thanos is probably a minifig and not a bigfig.

37 minutes ago, The Brick King said:

Mostly, I think it'd be cool if they had Marvel sets like the Nexo Armors; smallish, fun mechs with reallt cool minifigures.

The Nexo Knight mech sets had around 80 pieces each. It would be pretty cool if, say these sets are like the Nexo Knight mechs, these sets could have two mechs per set; a hero and a villain to fight

11 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

I Just realized that all three mech sets, including the spider man one, have almost the same amount of pieces. I think this is a new sub-theme of small comic sets like the mighty micros were, which also means thanos is probably a minifig and not a bigfig.

I wouldn't mind a newer type of mighty micro like subtheme, but only if the characters actually have detailing to them, and aren't just simplified figures

On 7/18/2019 at 2:28 AM, Whovastron said:

There’s nothing wrong with the sets looking like kids toys in general, because they are. But you compare these sets to what we just got for Far From Home, or Harry Potter, or Star Wars. None of those have weird innacurate over-the-top city style vehicle sets like Endgame has had. The builds with marvel just seem so plain and boring. Far From Home is probably the best wave for set design in Marvel since 2016 (although infinity war had some good ones)

thankfully though, if the hulk helicopter is anything to go by, the vehicles may atleast be well designed this time round

the problem with mechs in marvel to me is a result of the simplification of the builds too, compare the War Machine buster to the likes of the Oni-Titan, the Egghead mech, triple decker couch or Lex Luther 2018 mech. Those are all amazingly designed, but the war machine one is just awful

That’s fair. I just need the Molten Man set, but FFH sets have been a knock out. Even the Stark Jet, which I hated when the first pictures came out. It just looked strange. I’d say the big difference with Marvel & HP is that HP has more an iconic location that makes up its set ideas.

I really like the War Machine Buster, but it does lack when compared against the Egghead & Lex mechs. Those were great. 

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

That’s fair. I just need the Molten Man set, but FFH sets have been a knock out. Even the Stark Jet, which I hated when the first pictures came out. It just looked strange. I’d say the big difference with Marvel & HP is that HP has more an iconic location that makes up its set ideas.

I really like the War Machine Buster, but it does lack when compared against the Egghead & Lex mechs. Those were great. 

We got an egghead mech? Must have missed that

6 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

We got an egghead mech? Must have missed that

The Lego Batman Movie Wave 3. I love putting it next to Hydroman, Moltenman and Clayface. All I need is an Air Elemental and I'll have assembled monsters of the five great elements; earth, air, fire, water and dairy! XD

23 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The Lego Batman Movie Wave 3. I love putting it next to Hydroman, Moltenman and Clayface. All I need is an Air Elemental and I'll have assembled monsters of the five great elements; earth, air, fire, water and dairy! XD

Haha thanks I'll check it out

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Eggs come from cows?

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Did you mean poultry? The real 5th element is cheese anyway. :wink:

14 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I think with HP they are going for adult collecters as well as kids, especially since most kids' exposure to harry potter comes from their parents, since the only real new media is those spinoff films. Compare this to marvel, which has multiple record-breaking movies a year, where they very clearly are only going for young children bc they know that any adult collecters will buy the sets for the figures anyway. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think with HP they are going for adult collecters as well as kids, especially since most kids' exposure to harry potter comes from their parents, since the only real new media is those spinoff films. Compare this to marvel, which has multiple record-breaking movies a year, where they very clearly are only going for young children bc they know that any adult collecters will buy the sets for the figures anyway. 

That's a great point, but it would be better if there were some builds for the adults as well, like in the Detroit Steel set we got a mech for the kids and a car which most adult agents of shield fans will like. In that new endgame set we could have gotten the big chitauri dragon thing instead of another  helicopter

11 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Honestly this entire line is underrated gold.

It really is. I skipped other sets in order to get every set in this theme, except the Manor. The bat vehicles are great. 

Did you mean poultry? The real 5th element is cheese anyway. :wink:

That very well could be. I’ve liked what Marvel has been putting out, even if the accuracy is lacking, but they don’t even come close to what HP has put out thus far. They give us the occasional great set, Bridge Battle & Sanctorum sets, are two such sets. Great builds & even better selection of minifigs. 

59 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

That's a great point, but it would be better if there were some builds for the adults as well, like in the Detroit Steel set we got a mech for the kids and a car which most adult agents of shield fans will like. In that new endgame set we could have gotten the big chitauri dragon thing instead of another  helicopter

yes a full leviathon would have been better, I'm not disputing that I wish we'd get sets for adults, just reasoning as to why they may do this. But yeah, it's like including a minifigure for adult collectors, or Lola for the 5 people who watch agents of shield.

59 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

That very well could be. I’ve liked what Marvel has been putting out, even if the accuracy is lacking, but they don’t even come close to what HP has put out thus far. They give us the occasional great set, Bridge Battle & Sanctorum sets, are two such sets. Great builds & even better selection of minifigs. 

Would you reccomend sanctum sanctorum? I want to buy iron spider but I'm not sure if I want to buy him online for $15+  or if i should buy the set.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Would you reccomend sanctum sanctorum? I want to buy iron spider but I'm not sure if I want to buy him online for $15+  or if i should buy the set.

If you are actually considering paying $15+ for the Iron Spider figure alone I'd say just buy the set. The minifigures are fantastic as they really spared no expense when it came to the figures in this set (except for the lack of dualmolded legs on Spidey), they even gave Cull Obsidian a brand new mold. The overall Sanctum itself is awesome, even better in person than in the online pictures. Out of all Marvel sets I can't recommend this one enough!

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

yes a full leviathon would have been better, I'm not disputing that I wish we'd get sets for adults, just reasoning as to why they may do this. But yeah, it's like including a minifigure for adult collectors, or Lola for the 5 people who watch agents of shield.

Yes, get the set. I turned mine into a big MOD Modular Building, but it's good just as it is. (You'll get the most enjoyment out if it if you have a city to put it in - also I highly recommend stripping out the pizzeria and turning it into some other kind of shop. Mine now has a board game shop.)

Is this thing a leviathan? Sry I don't remember the first avengers movie too well

https://www.google.com/search?q=chitauri+dragon&client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjWpK_hj8TjAhUNbcAKHRyyBW4Q_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=1024&bih=648#imgrc=kNcvqfX7LDdnsM

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I say get it. I have a town set up, so that was my initial reason for buying. Then I saw the minifigs & I was definitely sold. The building opened up makes for a nice display set up for a battle scene.