Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, HarryVader said:

I thought they’re not making buildable figures anymore?

Uh, just looked at the amount of parts for the buildable figure I linked, and it's almost the same number as the Thanos/Iron Man mech. The bionicle style buildable figures have jumped from theme to theme in the past too, like originally they had a superheroes line of them. I'm 99% sure that they're going to turn out to be one of them at this point.

Just now, ood0 said:

Uh, just looked at the amount of parts for the buildable figure I linked, and it's almost the same number as the Thanos/Iron Man mech. The bionicle style buildable figures have jumped from theme to theme in the past too, like originally they had a superheroes line of them. I'm 99% sure that they're going to turn out to be one of them at this point.

My only gripe with the idea of them being buildable figures (besides personal reservations) is that they’re listed as “mechs” rather than character names. Buildable figures have always just been “Captain america” or “Obi Wan Kenobi” in the past. It seems that would’ve been the set name that leaked if it were as simple as that. 

Admittedly the more complex ones (like Baze) appear to have more pieces, others having around 90, but I can see side builds for Thanos's sword, Iron Man's nanotech stuff, etc.

2 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

My only gripe with the idea of them being buildable figures (besides personal reservations) is that they’re listed as “mechs” rather than character names. Buildable figures have always just been “Captain america” or “Obi Wan Kenobi” in the past. It seems that would’ve been the set name that leaked if it were as simple as that. 

Fair enough, but the case could be that the leaker glanced at it and went "looks like a mech" so they wrote mech down, or they could've simply rebranded.

Could zebra mean some sort of UCS? It's apparently an adult-oriented theme so we could be getting a new Marvel UCS

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Could zebra mean some sort of UCS? It's apparently an adult-oriented theme so we could be getting a new Marvel UCS

Thoughts?

Maybe Zebra could mean D2C, yeah.

I don’t know what Art could be, but Music could be the Ideas Piano (assuming it’s approved at this point), Disney could be the Disney train (although that’s rumored for September).

Plenty of options for Marvel, could be.

Edited by Aegis2000

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I don’t know what Art could be, but Music could be the Ideas Piano (assuming it’s approved at this point), Disney could be the Disney train.

Plenty of options for Marvel, could be.

Perhaps a LEGO version of a famous sculpture or painting?

The names sound ridiculous but in a good way to me. The truck and bike are whatever although Lego has made some nice trucks before. But a Thanos mech sounds really cute! There’s nothing really accurate to make from the final battle unless they’d make a Sanctuary II, good sized Leviathan, or Luis’s van. Because they’re not making any of those I’m fine with made up builds as long as they’re good (like the helicopter in the Hulk set) and I think we all just want accurate figures anyway. 

15 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The names sound ridiculous but in a good way to me. The truck and bike are whatever although Lego has made some nice trucks before. But a Thanos mech sounds really cute! There’s nothing really accurate to make from the final battle unless they’d make a Sanctuary II, good sized Leviathan, or Luis’s van. Because they’re not making any of those I’m fine with made up builds as long as they’re good (like the helicopter in the Hulk set) and I think we all just want accurate figures anyway. 

Agreed! I definitely think the Iron Man and Thanos Mechs will be designed to be played with together which (despite my age) I think will be quite cool and I'm sure will be fun for a lot of kids

As long as the figures are okay then I'm happy

This is a first for me saying this, but lego is getting really lazy with their marvel sets. More mechs, jets, and motorcycles? Really?? Because if there is ANYTHING we associate with Spider-Man it's him riding a motorcycle and a jet, not web swinging the NY canvas landscape, fighting on skyscrapers, or on bridges. It's vehicles. Also, WHY WOULD THANOS NEED A MECH, EVER?? I'm sorry guys this genuinely annoys me ?? I hope these sets have amazing figures because this is so cookie cutter at this point. (I know lego is for kids objectively) But come on, when you're reusing designs and ideas because they are safe, that is bad.

15 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

This is a first for me saying this, but lego is getting really lazy with their marvel sets. More mechs, jets, and motorcycles? Really?? Because if there is ANYTHING we associate with Spider-Man it's him riding a motorcycle and a jet, not web swinging the NY canvas landscape, fighting on skyscrapers, or on bridges. It's vehicles. Also, WHY WOULD THANOS NEED A MECH, EVER?? I'm sorry guys this genuinely annoys me ?? I hope these sets have amazing figures because this is so cookie cutter at this point. (I know lego is for kids objectively) But come on, when you're reusing designs and ideas because they are safe, that is bad.

They reuse ideas like mechs and helicopters because that’s what kids like playing with. They wouldn’t make so many if they didn’t sell, and I really don’t see the issue as long as they’re well designed and good for playing with. In my opinion the helicopter in the compound battle is just useless filler even though it looks nice which is why I have an issue with things like that. 

14 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

A few years ago, Lego would never make a mech. Now they're everywhere you look. Let's list a few marvel mechs from the past few years..

hulkbuster 2015,hulkbuster 2018 and hulkbuster collecter edition

war machine hulkbuster

venom

spider man that came with venom

giant man

rhino

detroit steel

molten man

thats 10 mechs in 4 years. If you count the DC ones,there are only 3 of them. However,DC get original sets,like Brother Eye and Ras Al Ghuls temple. Marvel on the other hand get the occasional good set such as the Hall Of Armour and the Royal Talon Fighter

Lego really need to step up the marvel sets

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

A few years ago, Lego would never make a mech. Now they're everywhere you look. Let's list a few marvel mechs from the past few years..

hulkbuster 2015,hulkbuster 2018 and hulkbuster collecter edition

war machine hulkbuster

venom

spider man that came with venom

giant man

rhino

detroit steel

molten man

thats 10 mechs in 4 years. If you count the DC ones,there are only 3 of them. However,DC get original sets,like Brother Eye and Ras Al Ghuls temple. Marvel on the other hand get the occasional good set such as the Hall Of Armour and the Royal Talon Fighter

Lego really need to step up the marvel sets

I whole heartedly agree. There is only so many ways they can shell out different variants of a motorcycle, mech, and jet at this point. They are grasping at straws, and I think they should make builds based on concepts that are synonymous with the characters they represent.

Well, keep in mind that the theme seems to be catering that age group and the adults are the minority :( 

Since Star Wars is part of the brand longer, they know their target audience is both children and adults (if they been collecting since 1999) vs the Super Heroes line in 2012.

10 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Hopefully the 4+ mysterio Set is comic mysterio! Can FINALLY complete the sinister 6!

We still need comic Electro for that 

11 minutes ago, namioik said:

Well, keep in mind that the theme seems to be catering that age group and the adults are the minority :( 

Since Star Wars is part of the brand longer, they know their target audience is both children and adults (if they been collecting since 1999) vs the Super Heroes line in 2012.

I know ): But they can cater to their larger demographic and STILL give them original stuff and not rehash worn out builds. Hypothetically if they had collections from years past they would have nothing but mech,jets, and motorcycle builds (helicopters too)

1 minute ago, TOTDForever said:

We still need comic Electro for that 

We got him a while back, or does it not count as it was from the animated series?

Just now, legoSDR said:

We got him a while back, or does it not count as it was from the animated series?

That’s Electro from the Ultimate universe

14 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

We never got comic Electro? The only 2 we gave ever gotten was TASM 2 polybag and the Ultimate electro from the Ultimate comics/tv show

37 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I whole heartedly agree. There is only so many ways they can shell out different variants of a motorcycle, mech, and jet at this point. They are grasping at straws, and I think they should make builds based on concepts that are synonymous with the characters they represent.

They also keep reusing minifig parts

in 2016 for civil war cap and Hawkeyes had the same head,as well as Sandman. I've also lost track of how many Bruce Wayne heads were used before 2014. Peter Parker and Antman have the same head, Bucky and star Lord.

again, we occasionally get something GREAT like the Tony Stark/iron man HUD part,or the Nomad head but Lego really should start putting in a bit more effort

we could also get different builds. Instead of that spider mech we could have gotten nothing and it would have been better because it would have been cheaper and the highlight of the set is still there

instead of getting a third hulkbuster as a collector edition we could have got that igor iron man suit, and got something better in the hall of armour set

Edited by DeCommander96

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

They also keep reusing minifig parts

in 2016 for civil war cap and Hawkeyes had the same head,as well as Sandman. I've also lost track of how many Bruce Wayne heads were used before 2014. Peter Parker and Antman have the same head, Bucky and star Lord.

again, we occasionally get something GREAT like the Tony Stark/iron man HUD part,or the Nomad head but Lego really should start putting in a bit more effort

The worst one imo is Bucky and Star-Lord. Because Jurassic World has a perfect Chris Pratt face and they just straight-up refused to use it for the Infinity War sets (and don't say ''that face wasn't available yet''. Because those sets were designed around the same time)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The worst one imo is Bucky and Star-Lord. Because Jurassic World has a perfect Chris Pratt face and they just straight-up refused to use it for the Infinity War sets (and don't say ''that face wasn't available yet''. Because those sets were designed around the same time)

I agree! There was a 2 month ish gap between IW and Jurassic world, so why didn't they just use it? But the one that bugs me most is cap and Hawkeye because I have them two stood next to each other. I did however swap caps head with the endgame one

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

I didn't see the Captain America bike selling well really. Probably because at first glance you can't even tell it's a marvel set, let alone that it has any Marvel characters in it (QR suits, yay!). I don't see why they're going another bike and a truck(???). Even as a kid I wouldn't have gotten these sets, I usually bought for figures, but then none of these things are even recognizable to the movie. There's so much content in Endgame that could've been made into sets and they give us this. I generally don't see ho this theme is afloat...

Also, didn't we literally get a Spider-Man mech last wave. What are they thinking?

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

I didn't see the Captain America bike selling well really. Probably because at first glance you can't even tell it's a marvel set, let alone that it has any Marvel characters in it (QR suits, yay!). I don't see why they're going another bike and a truck(???). Even as a kid I wouldn't have gotten these sets, I usually bought for figures, but then none of these things are even recognizable to the movie. There's so much content in Endgame that could've been made into sets and they give us this. I generally don't see ho this theme is afloat...

I agree, I only bought that set for caps head. They could've given us the new cap marvel suit with a thanos' home build at least!??

No playsets... ouch. The builds of this wave are gonna be disappointing. Two mechs, truck, bike and a helicopter. I hope the minifigures are gonna be lit.

I don't think Iron Man Mech and Thanos mech are buildable figures - the last Marvel and DC ones used up to 50 pieces for one figure, and the newer Star Wars ones used up to 100 pieces for one figure. This ones have 150 pieces. That doesn't mean that those are definitely not buildable figures, but I hope they aren't.

We still have so many Endgame characters we have to get - scale suit Cap, bro Thor, accurate Black Widow, Professor Hulk, Ronin or Hawkeye in full suit, Captain Marvel (one of two versions), Rocket in comic suit, Nebula in her suit, War Machine (he had like 3 suits), Valkyrie and Thanos (hopefully bold). 

If two of five sets don't include minifigures, they would be a waste of spots.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No playsets... ouch. The builds of this wave are gonna be disappointing. Two mechs, truck, bike and a helicopter. I hope the minifigures are gonna be lit.

I don't think Iron Man Mech and Thanos mech are buildable figures - the last Marvel and DC ones used up to 50 pieces for one figure, and the newer Star Wars ones used up to 100 pieces for one figure. This ones have 150 pieces. That doesn't mean that those are definitely not buildable figures, but I hope they aren't.

We still have so many Endgame characters we have to get - scale suit Cap, bro Thor, accurate Black Widow, Professor Hulk, Ronin or Hawkeye in full suit, Captain Marvel (one of two versions), Rocket in comic suit, Nebula in her suit, War Machine (he had like 3 suits), Valkyrie and Thanos (hopefully bold). 

If two of five sets don't include minifigures, they would be a waste of spots.

Cap with a broken shield and mjolnir as accessories for the scale suit