Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Thanos Mech with 152 pieces hmm. At that piececount it's hard to imagine a bigfig, but you never know. 

As I don't care for builds I hope we get some new figures. I could be all based on Endgame as Hulk Helicopter Drop also has no hint at being an Endgame set, but it sort of is. 

They could make him a minifig for once, I hate bigfigs personally, so I would much rather have a minifigure that doesn't look like it's squatting all the time

Edited by Puresh

Just now, Hoth Rebel said:

And we also get 4 Spider-Man sets in 2020 (I guess early) with at least a Mysterio 4+ set. 

Hopefully a FFH accurate Mysterio with the gold chest plate. It would be a good way for them to do that, but I won’t get my hopes up too high

12 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

And we also get 4 Spider-Man sets in 2020 (I guess early) with at least a Mysterio 4+ set. 

This is confirmed and not a rumor?

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN
grammar

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but the only thing that could save these sets are the minifigures.

But please just stop with the Spider-Man vehicles already!!! If there is one superhero who doesn't need vehicles it's Spider-Man!

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but the only thing that could save these sets are the minifigures.

But please just stop with the Spider-Man vehicles already!!! If there is one superhero who doesn't need vehicles it's Spider-Man!

I agree, but I really want an accurate Spider Buggy in the regular theme. 

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Knowing lego we're more likely to get a Spider-toilet with an action-feature to flush away Venom :wall:

45 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They are not fake 

I just saw your post about them, I definitely trust your sources. 

However, doesn’t it seem weird that Thanos would be in a set with only 152 pieces? Is it possible that 76140 and 76141 are one set? Adding the part counts from both make a perfect 300 pieces, and we’ve gotten big-figs in $30 sets before. 

That speculation aside, I’m scared. A truck with 477 pieces has got me thinking our favorite heroes will be driving around in 2506. And yet another set with 200 pieces where the bike dominates the build? I can only hope the set is reminiscent of 6865 (called the “Avenging Cycle”) where the set included many small side builds and happens to contain a minifgure-scaled bike.

Finally, if LEGO is so dead set on cramming vehicles down our throats, you know what vehicle was prominent in the final battle that would totally fit into a $40-$50 set, and has become somewhat iconic across a certain MCU franchise? Luis’ van, now with the quantum tunnel in the back. It’s inclusion would be a fantastic opportunity to give us an updated Wasp as well.

I don’t know with these set names, guys. I hope LEGO has something great in the pipeline with the minifigure selections.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Knowing lego we're more likely to get a Spider-toilet with an action-feature to flush away Venom :wall:

“Like a turd...in the wind”

8 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

This...this I agree with. I loved the model they rendered for LEGO Marvel Superheroes in 2013.

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

However, doesn’t it seem weird that Thanos would be in a set with only 152 pieces? Is it possible that 76140 and 76141 are one set? Adding the part counts from both make a perfect 300 pieces, and we’ve gotten big-figs in $30 sets before. 

That speculation aside, I’m scared. A truck with 477 pieces has got me thinking our favorite heroes will be driving around in 2506. And yet another set with 200 pieces where the bike dominates the build? I can only hope the set is reminiscent of 6865 (called the “Avenging Cycle”) where the set included many small side builds and happens to contain a minifgure-scaled bike.

Finally, if LEGO is so dead set on cramming vehicles down our throats, you know what vehicle was prominent in the final battle that would totally fit into a $40-$50 set, and has become somewhat iconic across a certain MCU franchise? Luis’ van, now with the quantum tunnel in the back. It’s inclusion would be a fantastic opportunity to give us an updated Wasp as well.

I don’t know with these set names, guys. I hope LEGO has something great in the pipeline with the minifigure selections.

“Like a turd...in the wind”

Just super wishful thinking, but what if the Avengers truck is actually Luis’ van? 

Also, I agree with 76141 sounding suspicious. I don’t think we have ever gotten a big fig in such a small set before.

9 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

It’s two sets and thing is I don’t think there will be big figs in the sets

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

A minifig Thanos with a new helmet and great printing would also be super cool!

For me the quality of these new sets depends Entirely on the figures. I don't care so much how accurate the builds are. If they are all MCU sets then I hope the figures are good (if there are new figs) because I like to buy two of each for my collection

fingers crossed

This is interesting, i almost can't see this being real. A thanos mech with 152 parts? What?

That said, I'll probably buy whatever these are for the figures, as well as the cheaper spider-man sets. I hope mysterio 4+ is in the comic costume, that would be cool.

And it looks like no final FFH set, the red/black suit may never happen

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope mysterio 4+ is in the comic costume, that would be cool.

Totally agree!

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So it’s possible it could be a Chitauri or 2014 Nebula or someone piloting a Thanos-themed mech. Or a minifigure-scale thanos, which could be cool if done right.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And it looks like no final FFH set, the red/black suit may never happen

It’s possible the 4+ set could have Mysterio and the Ditko suit. We’ve gotten exclusive character variants in Juniors sets before, like the first minifgure Green Goblin in 2016 (excluding the 2002 run, of course).

Edited by Aegis2000

To me it sounds like the sets will give us at least some of the Endgame figures we missed out on. I'd bet on getting new versionsCap and Thor at the very least

Also possibly a black and red spidey in the spider-man sets, but not as likely I'd think

Has anyone seen the posts about the sets in a “zebra” theme? It’s got to be code word for something. Set 31199 is labeled “Zebra Marvel.” This theme also includes “Zebra Art,” “Zebra Music,” and “Zebra Disney.” This small line makes up sets 31197-31200.

Has anyone seen the posts about the sets in a “zebra” theme? It’s got to be code word for something. Set 31199 is labeled “Zebra Marvel.” This theme also includes “Zebra Art,” “Zebra Music,” and “Zebra Disney.” This small line makes up sets 31197-31200.

The art make me think of mosiac, but I guess that has nothing to do with music :tongue:. I wouldn't count on minifigures though, but who knows. 

I could imagine (and again this is just what my wishful imagination has come up with based on the names) that the Stark mech would have some sort of hulkbuster-like build with iron man and maybe a couple of other good guys. And the Thanos mech will be the the same but with either only a big fig of thanos, or a regular fig of him with some bad guys

that way they'd be designed to be bought and played with together. VERY unlikey, but based on their names that's what I could see

And of course they'd hopefully be based on Endgame

I really have no interest in a Thanos minifig, as it would be useless with my MCU collection. It would probably have a cool design but still pretty useless

Just now, ood0 said:

Thanos mech? Iron Man mech? To me, this is sounding like a buildable figure, either in the Chima Legend Beast style or a Star Wars buildable figure style. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Oh damn... That's probably right...

Just now, ood0 said:

Thanos mech? Iron Man mech? To me, this is sounding like a buildable figure, either in the Chima Legend Beast style or a Star Wars buildable figure style. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I thought they’re not making buildable figures anymore?

Just now, ood0 said:

Would they really revert to making those though? They’ve cancelled the Star Wars line of buildable characters, and only made 3 back in 2012 for the Marvel line.

Would they really revert to making those though? They’ve cancelled the Star Wars line of buildable characters, and only made 3 back in 2012 for the Marvel line.

Yeah I think buildable figures really died down due to the failure of Bionicle 2.0