Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

20 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Someone on IG is saying there are 4 Endgame sets and that the Hulk set is the biggest

76144 Avengers Hulk Helicopter Drop is meant to pair with the '76131 Avengers Compound Battle' - giving a more accurate (to the scene) Prof Hulk, the missing Infinity Stones, Rescue to recreate her scenes with Iron Man and finally Black Widow who spent most of her time as leader of the Avengers in Endgame commanding from a 'board room' which the Avengers Compound Battle has.

I'd speculate that the second largest feature Scale Cap, Thor and Iron Man Mk85 facing off against Thanos - Thanos would probably just be an angry variant of '76131' with his sword, but the appeal of the set would be the the figures and the accessories which would include Mjolnir (Last seen in AoU sets), a broken Captain America Shield piece and Iron Man having his back attachment piece and a red minifigure gauntlet piece. Thor would probably just be in his armour with a slightly more accurate hair piece that gives him the hair/beard combo he had during the final fight.

One of the sets could form as a sort of connecting piece between '76131 Avengers Compound Battle' and '76125 Iron Man Hall of Armor' - featuring an Iron Man variant, a War Machine variant and updated Rocket Racoon. This would serve as a way of adding to the hall of armours. In regards to which variant to include, the Mk 40 makes the most sense at the moment meaning someone can collect an uninterupted chain of armours from Mk37 to Mk47. An additional minifigure pack could include Tony Stark (In his Iron Man 1 appearance with the suit and shades), Mk 2, Mk 3 and Mk 4 to allow a complete line-up of Mk1-7.

Cheapest and smallest set could be based on Ronin using a smaller variant of ' 75971 Hanzo vs. Genji' design giving us Ronin, Yazuka member and Black Widow in her normal outfit.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’ll be slightly disappointed if this Hulk set is the biggest of the wave since I really want a scaled down Sanctuary II for $70-100. It seems like a no brainer and I can’t believe Lego hasn’t made one yet! It’s a vehicle with a unique design and could have several play features like bomb drops or stud shooters, coupled with some destruction/explosion features if Captain Marvel is included, and it could even have at least one interior room to position figures. I hope we get one even if it’s a smaller $50 set. 

Sanctuary II is definitely needed, would be great to have one in scale with the Avengers Compound set even if it has no interior it would be great for display :P

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Afaik, Ant-man 3 isn't happening... it's not guaranteed.

Similar to how Thor was treated Ant-Man 3 will probably happen as some form of team-up movie with whoever resides in the Quantum Realm.

12 hours ago, Ultron said:

I never said anything was wrong with it being a playset. What is wrong with it is that this set was released after the film hit theaters and is STILL inaccurate, depicting vehicles that don't appear and poorly-scaled creatures...It's a stuffed set to sell us Rescue, who isn't even colored correctly. It's bad and I'm just embarrassed by how this movie was handled by Lego. They couldn't even be bothered to fix Black Widows terrible appearance and hair or at least give us her black suit. 

Most of the entire  final battle is surrounded by burnt ground and the only vehicles that are in the scene, are too  big to be portrayed properly in lego at this price point. So of course it is going to be inaccurate because Lego wants kid's to have something to play with. Also the set was designed before the movie even came out.

Edited by legogoblin2099

5 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Would have been a much better choice, but you still have the playability issue. A random helicopter has much more play value than the Leviathan... which is sad

Not at all? It could move, it could have stud shooters, it could open and close its mouth, and so on. If the brick built Jurassic Park T-Rexes are good toys, hell, if action figures are good toys, then a brick built Leviathan would be too. I'm sure kids would prefer a fairly memorable giant flying T-Rex-slug-thing to a nice looking, but ultimately generic helicopter.

Edited by ood0

2 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Not at all? It could move, it could have stud shooters, and so on. If the Jurassic World mecha T-Rex is a good toy, hell, if action figures are good toys, then a Leviathan would be too. I'm sure kids would prefer a giant flying T-Rex-slug-thing to a nice, but ultimately generic helicopter.

Rexy is targeted at 16+ plus though, anything around that age range is often more about display than play. A leviathan would definitely have some playability but not enough I don't think

1 minute ago, legoSDR said:

Rexy is targeted at 16+ plus though, anything around that age range is often more about display than play. A leviathan would definitely have some playability but not enough I don't think

It would have more playability than a helicopter. It would be something kids remembered from the movie, and would therefore want to buy. The one in the set I didn't even realize was a Leviathan, I thought it was some kind of Chitauri bird I forgot was in the movie. 

9 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

He might be referring to 75938, which is only 8+

Just now, ood0 said:

It would have more playability than a helicopter. It would be something kids remembered from the movie, and would therefore want to buy. The one in the set I didn't even realize was a Leviathan, I thought it was some kind of Chitauri bird I forgot was in the movie. 

I got one definitely remember this from the movie. There were some memorable shots of it in the final battle, namely with Ant-Man and Rocket Raccon, and that’s not even mentioning their prominence in the first Avengers back in 2012, for which we never received a LEGO Leviathan model

4 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I don't disagree at all, I'm just thinking from LEGO's perspective. They probably wanted to go for a vehicle because for some reason they love vehicles. I think the best way to do a satisfying leviathan would've taken up much more space than a £60 set

This edit of the set with Cm4sci's Leviathan seems like pretty good proof of concept for how the set could've worked better with a brickbuilt Leviathan. It also would work for the 2012 flashback sequence so would've been a better playset decision.

Spoiler

Tagged spoiler not to get people's hopes up, it's not a real set...

Edited by Brick Cucumber

8 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

This edit of the set with Cm4sci's Leviathan seems like pretty good proof of concept for how the set could've worked better with a brickbuilt Leviathan. It also would work for the 2012 flashback sequence so would've been a better playset decision.

Reveal hidden contents

This would have been a solid 10/10 set for me. It wouldn't have been as low as £60 but it wouldn't have mattered

Designs like this show that there are a lot of talented people out there who deserve a job from LEGO

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow! That is a fantastic set idea. I still hope we can get a Levianthan in the 2nd wave but I'm not sure how they would build one that would be able to cost less then the Hulk set. I guess it could have around the same pieces but cost less due to no big figs. I suppose we will see. I'm just worried that the builds will all suck and keep the bad superhero builds trend going. 

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure lego is done with bricktober packs. If they were still making them we would've heard/seen something of them by now

To be fair, we were saying that about Endgame sets until about two days ago.

1 hour ago, legoSDR said:

I don't disagree at all, I'm just thinking from LEGO's perspective. They probably wanted to go for a vehicle because for some reason they love vehicles. I think the best way to do a satisfying leviathan would've taken up much more space than a £60 set

I think it's still possible we could see a big leviathion in the largest set, which would also hopefully come with bald thanos and the big three.

I'm scratching my head as to what else they could make but more avengers garbage vehicles, but if they miss their chance to give us a full leviathon, I'll be mad.

I envision we'll see 1 spoiler FFH set (Insert Tom Holland joke here, or through the hole in the eye of his suit he has to drink through), with the ditko suit and spoiler villian.

I think if we did then get 3 other endgame sets I could see 2 battle packs and a big one, or any of the following:

Those gorilla things the chitauri had

The chitauri tank

A real, full size fricken' leviathon

probably some avengers vehicles thrown in. I feel like lego usually tries to get a mix of "hero" and "villain" vehicles in their action themes, but marvel's an exception to that. Still though, I think we've got to have at least ONE set in that wave where the main build is a villain vehicle. If we're getting real wishlisty, we could even throw iron spider into a small endgame set to make it easier to get him.

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think it's still possible we could see a big leviathion in the largest set, which would also hopefully come with bald thanos and the big three.

I'm scratching my head as to what else they could make but more avengers garbage vehicles, but if they miss their chance to give us a full leviathon, I'll be mad.

I envision we'll see 1 spoiler FFH set (Insert Tom Holland joke here, or through the hole in the eye of his suit he has to drink through), with the ditko suit and spoiler villian.

I think if we did then get 3 other endgame sets I could see 2 battle packs and a big one, or any of the following:

Those gorilla things the chitauri had

The chitauri tank

A real, full size fricken' leviathon

probably some avengers vehicles thrown in. I feel like lego usually tries to get a mix of "hero" and "villain" vehicles in their action themes, but marvel's an exception to that. Still though, I think we've got to have at least ONE set in that wave where the main build is a villain vehicle. If we're getting real wishlisty, we could even throw iron spider into a small endgame set to make it easier to get him.

I’m pretty sure this is the largest set

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I'm going to say it now, if this is the biggest set of the wave we aren't getting another Prof. Hulk big fig or bald Thanos big fig. I believe there will be two more endgame sets coming. I think the other two set numbers will be DC or something else. My guesses for two more endgame sets would be:

1. $40 final battle set with buildable giant man and buildable chitauri beast. Minifigures would be Scale Cap with the hammer, Valkryie on pegasus, and  a chitauri warrior.

2. $20 set of Ronin in Tokyo fighting the ninjas. Builds would be random street builds, van for ninjas, and motorcycle for Ronin. Minifigures Ronin and 2 ninjas.

Otherwise I actually really like the revealed set for what it's giving us. I'm used to inaccurate vehicles.

11 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I'm going to say it now, if this is the biggest set of the wave we aren't getting another Prof. Hulk big fig or bald Thanos big fig. I believe there will be two more endgame sets coming. I think the other two set numbers will be DC or something else.

Not necessarily true. Never forget that Hulk came in a £35 set (AoU Hulkbuster) with 3 other figures. So its not impossible for a bald Thanos to appear in a smaller set

Also I don't see any reason to disbelieve that the other sets are all Marvel, it could be a case of two/three more Avengers Endgame sets, and one/two Juniors sets, or like everyone else have stated, a couple of Endgame sets and a couple of comic sets. The leakers wouldn't just say all sets are Marvel without evidence

18 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Please refrain from mentioning anything even verging on a Spider-Man Far From Home spoiler. Some people don't even watch trailers so that they can enjoy the film with as fresh eyes as possible.

Endgame spoilers are completely acceptable.

Thank you!

But literally everyone knows about the london bridge

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

which would include Mjolnir (Last seen in AoU sets)

Mjolnir was actually used at least once every year since 2015, the last time was in the Steamboat Willie set

I like how everyone’s predictions are accurate things with inacurste minifigures, and yet the one set we have seen has inacurate things with inaccurate minifigures...

just a thought though, but check out the Pegasus-like creatures (they’re called something different in the HP universe) in the Harry Potter August wave. There’s a chance we could see Valkyrie with one of those.

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I like how everyone’s predictions are accurate things with inacurste minifigures, and yet the one set we have seen has inacurate things with inaccurate minifigures...

just a thought though, but check out the Pegasus-like creatures (they’re called something different in the HP universe) in the Harry Potter August wave. There’s a chance we could see Valkyrie with one of those.

That was already metioned a bunch of times when that set got revealed, but it does fit very well

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I'm going to say it now, if this is the biggest set of the wave we aren't getting another Prof. Hulk big fig or bald Thanos big fig. I believe there will be two more endgame sets coming. I think the other two set numbers will be DC or something else.

I’m almost positive the others are not dc sets 

10 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Would be cool if they can rerelease Squidward in a smaller set

Honestly I doubt Lego will rerelease Black Order minifigs in other potential Endgame sets. They weren't particulary memorable in movies except Ebony Maw.

There seems to be alot of confusion as to the number of sets, size/cost of sets, and whether or not they will all be endgame/mcu/even just marvel.

All Gizmodo revealed was the hulk helicopter drop, nothing about any other sets. Does anyone have any 100% confirmed evidence of what else we are getting besides the conflicting information leakers have on instagram? 

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Honestly I doubt Lego will rerelease Black Order minifigs in other potential Endgame sets. They weren't particulary memorable in movies except Ebony Maw.

Even Maw wasn't that memorable in Endgame