Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

One point I will add to the "Rescue was based on concept art" debate: I've seen a lineup of Endgame Hot Wheels at my Target which depicts characters as cars. Rescue has a blue car with her art clearly being blue on the box. Unless Lego does stuff way before other companies, the blue color was known.

Overall mixed feelings on the set. Color aside, it is nice to get Rescue, and Hulk with the gauntlet is a great surprise, especially the new gauntlet mold. Only wish he was wearing the grey and purple suit instead. The rest falls flat for me but does give hope of other sets released alongside to fill in some gaps.

In the leaked picture of Gwyneth Paltrow the suit was clearly purple with a few blue bits

I’m hoping that at some point, whether it be in this wave or a potential Ant Man 3 wave, we get a Wasp microfig.

2 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I’m hoping that at some point, whether it be in this wave or a potential Ant Man 3 wave, we get a Wasp microfig.

Afaik, Ant-man 3 isn't happening... it's not guaranteed.

Let's get back to the topic. 

Do we really think there will be more Endgame sets? Those 4 set number gaps could be really anything else. It could be for DC too.

I hope we get a confirmation at SDCC.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Afaik, Ant-man 3 isn't happening... it's not guaranteed.

Let's get back to the topic. 

Do we really think there will be more Endgame sets? Those 4 set number gaps could be really anything else. It could be for DC too.

I hope we get a confirmation at SDCC.

It’s very unlikely they will reveal all 4 remaining sets at sdcc, they usually reveal 1or 2 sets there. And as stated earlier in this thread it’s kinda confirmed that there are more Endgame sets out of  remaining 4( if not all of them). Also Ashnflash on YouTube kinda hinted at Endgame minifig pack similar to FFH one if I understood him correctly.

I only buy the sets for the figures, but they could have easily added at least a sakaaran, or anyone else than black widow, or they could had reused more pieces from the helicopter to help a bigger leviathan, but still, amazing set, knowing lego the other figs will be in bricktober packs, like IW.  Lololol, they could literally go the cmf route in the future with endgame figs but who knows

if the four other sets are Endgame (which seems likely) and the Hulk copter is apparently the most expensive, then I can imagine them being something like this

£20-£30 Giant Man with Rocket and the new Iron Patriot suit

£35ish set with perhaps a buildable portal and wakandan vehicle with a scale suit Cap and other figs (perhaps an new Captain Marvel and some soldiers)

£50ish set which is mostly battle scenery with playability, or a bigger dropship, with fat Thor and other figs (possibly Korg and Valkyrie with her Pegasus)

Possibly a small £12-£20 set similar to the IW dropship with Ronin and an updated Nebula

I'd also LOVE to see bald Thanos (and will never stop saying so until we get one) in one of these sets. I don't think it's too unreasonable considering they've made a whole new mould for the Stark gauntlet. I know it's just the Infinity Gauntlet flipped but it is surprisingly hard work for LEGO to create a new mould as complex as that

and obviously in those sets we'd get more outriders and chitauri than we need

17 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I only buy the sets for the figures, but they could have easily added at least a sakaaran, or anyone else than black widow, or they could had reused more pieces from the helicopter to help a bigger leviathan, but still, amazing set, knowing lego the other figs will be in bricktober packs, like IW.  Lololol, they could literally go the cmf route in the future with endgame figs but who knows

I'm pretty sure lego is done with bricktober packs. If they were still making them we would've heard/seen something of them by now

I'd also love to see a bricktober pack with the following

Captain America First Avenger suit OR Stealth suit

Iron Man Mark 2, that way we'd have all the main versions of his suit (the suits we get in the first avengers sets are basically identical to the Iron Man 1&2 suits)

Black & Red Spider-Man from FFH

Stan Lee tribute figure

21 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

It’s very unlikely they will reveal all 4 remaining sets at sdcc, they usually reveal 1or 2 sets there. And as stated earlier in this thread it’s kinda confirmed that there are more Endgame sets out of  remaining 4( if not all of them). Also Ashnflash on YouTube kinda hinted at Endgame minifig pack similar to FFH one if I understood him correctly.

I think he said that, they need to redeem theirselves (LEGO) if they will do a pack for Endgame just like FFH. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I think he said that, they need to redeem theirselves (LEGO) if they will do a pack for Endgame just like FFH. 

Yeah, that’s probably right.

7 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Iron Man Mark 2, that way we'd have all the main versions of his suit (the suits we get in the first avengers sets are basically identical to the Iron Man 1&2 suits)

How about a HOA extension? After all they did teased us with Snapper in the HOA. More Ironman suits is always welcome anyways!

I understand the "Want" for bald Thanos. But I already gave up for that. If they are planning to update him they should have and could have done that in EG sets. 

Rescue was plausible, alongside with Ronin, Scale Cap. If there's more to Endgame sets. I'm calling it to be those two figures. And probably viking Thor.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

How about a HOA extension? After all they did teased us with Snapper in the HOA. More Ironman suits is always welcome anyways!

I'm not sure they'd ever do an extension based on the fact that the set is almost designed with repeat pruchasing in mind (in my opinion). The fact that you can move and change the set and add to it I think is a conscious effort in the hopes that people will buy multiple to make an accurate HOA. All they'd then have to do is release the other figs in other sets

although i do like the idea

Edited by legoSDR

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

While a micro figure would be nice, replacing her helmet with the new Firefly/Ant-Man piece is a bigger priority for me.

3 minutes ago, wesker said:

While a micro figure would be nice, replacing her helmet with the new Firefly/Ant-Man piece is a bigger priority for me.

Or just a new mold altogether. But then I remember we're talking about LEGO Marvel....

On the topic of Rescue: her suit’s official colors are described as “lavender blue” and “champagne gold”. So the blue is purplish and the gold is silvery. Her suit is officially blue and gold but they’re very specific shades of both and the blue does look like purple in certain lighting conditions. I’m very happy with the figure that we got though. A purple Iron Man suit is far more unique than another dark blue one and it does have those gorgeous metallic blue highlights, so I think it combines both colors in an effective way. If it had been dark blue it wouldn’t have captured the metallic appearance of the real suit and how it shines and reflects other light.

11 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

On the topic of Rescue: her suit’s official colors are described as “lavender blue” and “champagne gold”. So the blue is purplish and the gold is silvery. Her suit is officially blue and gold but they’re very specific shades of both and the blue does look like purple in certain lighting conditions. I’m very happy with the figure that we got though. A purple Iron Man suit is far more unique than another dark blue one and it does have those gorgeous metallic blue highlights, so I think it combines both colors in an effective way. If it had been dark blue it wouldn’t have captured the metallic appearance of the real suit and how it shines and reflects other light.

I completely agree with all of this. well said

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, so what would you suggest they do as small, affordable sets that match what was in the movie?

GiAnt-Man, fair enough. That'll almost definitl y be one of the unseen sets. 

Mound of debris. Mound of debris #2. Big mound of debris. That's what a Final Battle set with accurate builds would look like. Not a lot of scope for playability. 

And Endgame was pretty story-driven. Sure, we could have Thanos' farm, but if Lego's marketing mostly towards kids there's not a lot of play value in a farmstead shack. 

Some people buy sets for the minifigures, some for the builds, sometimes both. I'd much rather have that inaccurate helicopter Black Widow and Hulk are riding around in than 200-odd pieces' worth of rocky wreckage. It looks fun, and I'm sure I can find something to do with it. Maybe I'll replace all the grey with white and add it to my space fleet. Or maybe I'll just use the parts for something else. Either way, I can't fault Lego for designing a good-looking vehicle. 

Now, if they had designed a poor-looking vehicle with limited utility (I'm looking at that 2017 Hulk vs. Red Hulk set), then I'd have a problem. But Lego prioritises fun over accuracy. If you really want accurate builds, you can MOC. 

How about, for this set, replace the mini leviathan and helicopter with a larger leviathan? And they could couple it with another set with Giant-Man in so you can recreate that punch scene.

also a set with a brick built version of those giant Chitauri gorilla things, or a set with a mini-scale Sanctury II. There’s plenty of choice, as appears to random realism city vehicles 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

In the leaked picture of Gwyneth Paltrow the suit was clearly purple with a few blue bits

Eh, a phone picture, and an instagram one is a different kettle of fish. In my opinion what it looks like in real life doesn’t matter, if it’s been edited in the movie to look more blue, then it’s blue.

an odd example to bring up here, but in Doctor Who, the 10th Doctor wears a grey suit, however, the colour correction makes it appear a light brown in his first series. So for me, it is a light brown, off screen isn’t important, I want to replicate what was on screen

Awesome! :oh3::excited: I really like this new set, probably the best out of the Endgame wave. Two things I noticed (that may have already been pointed out): 

1. The big-figs Hulk in this set and the one in the new Overwatch set seem to have these weird indents in their hands. You can’t really unsee it once you’ve noticed it. Not a fan.

2. Rescue looks to be using a new piece on her backpack, the grey piece that that connects the two little jetpacks to 1x2 clip piece.

Anyway can’t wait to see what else is in store, hopefully a bald Thanos! :head_back:

Edited by Foxes Productionz

22 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

How about, for this set, replace the mini leviathan and helicopter with a larger leviathan? And they could couple it with another set with Giant-Man in so you can recreate that punch scene.

Would have been a much better choice, but you still have the playability issue. A random helicopter has much more play value than the Leviathan... which is sad

29 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

2. Rescue looks to be using a new piece on her backpack, the grey piece that that connects the two little jetpacks to 1x2 clip piece.

Anyway can’t wait to see what else is in store, hopefully a bald Thanos! :head_back:

Amen to bald Thanos. 

I'm looking at the close-ups and not seeing any new pieces in Rescue. The grey parts, I'm pretty sure they're just part 32828 in Light Bley. Nothing new. 

I’ll be slightly disappointed if this Hulk set is the biggest of the wave since I really want a scaled down Sanctuary II for $70-100. It seems like a no brainer and I can’t believe Lego hasn’t made one yet! It’s a vehicle with a unique design and could have several play features like bomb drops or stud shooters, coupled with some destruction/explosion features if Captain Marvel is included, and it could even have at least one interior room to position figures. I hope we get one even if it’s a smaller $50 set. 

48 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Awesome! :oh3::excited: I really like this new set, probably the best out of the Endgame wave. Two things I noticed (that may have already been pointed out): 

1. The big-figs Hulk in this set and the one in the new Overwatch set seem to have these weird indents in their hands. You can’t really unsee it once you’ve noticed it. Not a fan.

Those indents have been in every  big fig since the start, it’s so they can hold minifigs by their legs

1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Think the piece in Rescue's backpack is this one https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=157810#T=S&O={"ss":"UK","cond":"N","iconly":0}

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Amen to bald Thanos. 

I'm looking at the close-ups and not seeing any new pieces in Rescue. The grey parts, I'm pretty sure they're just part 32828 in Light Bley. Nothing new. 

Yeah you're probably right it looked light two of those pieces, joined together at first. 

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Those indents have been in every  big fig since the start, it’s so they can hold minifigs by their legs

Nah, nah I'm talking about the small indent, just above where the fingers are. I don't think previous big-figs have had it - and I'm pretty sure it serves no real purpose.