Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

In a video that you guys may have seen, designer Marcos Bessa revealed that the Harry Potter advent calendar was put into production due to how well the sets have been selling.

Do you think this means that Superheroes may be able to get one one day? I feel like DC would get one before Marvel does but I want a Marvel one so bad.

4 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

In a video that you guys may have seen, designer Marcos Bessa revealed that the Harry Potter advent calendar was put into production due to how well the sets have been selling.

Do you think this means that Superheroes may be able to get one one day? I feel like DC would get one before Marvel does but I want a Marvel one so bad.

I don’t think marvel sets have the same type of outcry that Harry Potter sets have, the level of demand is very different, I think HP has a much broader audience to sell to. Never say never but I doubt we will ever see super heroes advent calendars. Hope I’m wrong.

8 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I don't think that will ever happen. The Harry Potter calendar was only made because the theme did very well and you can't really say that about the Marvel theme. Most sets are shelfwarmers because 90% of them are very inaccurate or just plainly overpriced. As long as lego keeps the quality seen in Marvel sets (in both figures and setdesign) as low as it is I can't see the theme doing any better in the future, and therefore not getting an AC

21 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

From what I know the marvel sets don't sell too well, hence the lack of printing being due to lower funding. I'm not sure, just what I heard. If they did start selling well though, maybe?

18 hours ago, Mattallica said:

anyone have any info on the fathers day free captain marvel mini quadjet ?

I don't know when/where it is, but you could buy it for like $4 if you bricklinked the parts, there aren't any exclusive parts or prints.

22 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I was like 80% sure that we'd get one for TLBM, seeing as they had so many Batsuits and literally had a Christmas Batsuit in the movie and promotions. Plus, I wouldn't have seen it selling poorly. I doubt Marvel would get one though, because Marvel sets generally warm shelves and there isn't a lot of opportunity for other builds.

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I was like 80% sure that we'd get one for TLBM, seeing as they had so many Batsuits and literally had a Christmas Batsuit in the movie and promotions. Plus, I wouldn't have seen it selling poorly. I doubt Marvel would get one though, because Marvel sets generally warm shelves and there isn't a lot of opportunity for other builds.

Marvel sets don't sell to well, yeah, but at least in my experience those TLBM sets were warming shelves all over the place. They made SO GODDANGED MANY too, and they were always on clearance at the target I go to.

I think others had mentioned this before, but as we're talking about marvel lego not selling too well, there's a vicious cycle taking place. Marvel sets don't sell well, the theme gets a smaller budget, the designers have to make less printing and detail, the sets sell worse because they're not detailed and have less printing than other themes, the theme gets a smaller budget, and repeat. This could osteniably be fixed by lego injecting some more money into marvel's budget, but the relative flop of the lego movie 2 couldn't have helped.

12 minutes ago, SgtKilr said:

The sdcc set would be so cool and has 2 exclusive figures, I hate these stupid exclusives 

Yeah, and if you wanna get them, it will cost you a little fortune ...

Yeah, these exclusives are annoying. They really should do a wider release of this one.

The level of contempt I'm feeling right now...

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

2 exclusive characters and a cool build for goose...this one sucks for people not going to SDCC 

Yeah this is a bad one to miss, I’m super bummed about this. I don’t get SDCC exclusives, I think it’s the most ridiculous system

I'm so sad that this is an SDCC exclusive, as this means that it's impossible for me to get this set...

Motherflerkin!

Why on Hala is that an exclusive!

Normally these exclusive don’t bother me but his one does!

Just now, Hulk_Smash said:

Motherflerkin!

Why on Hala is that an exclusive!

Normally these exclusive don’t bother me but his one does!

Exactly! This one has awesome exclusive minifigs, and the builds are very nice! What a shame :(

5 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I wonder if enough people complained about this like the regional exclusive sets, if it would change anything

People have been complaining about SDCC exclusives for years... I doubt complaining will do anything this time.

To the surprise of no one, the air mask introduced in the sky city police is being reused for a fighter pilot. I said it in City thread, that mask was totally a jet fighter mask. There is no way a normal police department would use that

That Maria Rambeau is a military minifigure through and through.... which is is very interesting... 

What a slap in the face to us fans. Shameful practice, Lego. Shameful. 

I didn’t mind sets like the Ultron throne (or whatever it was called) being exclusives but this is on an entirely different level :wall: I can already smell the astronomical prices on ebay :sick:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I didn’t mind sets like the Ultron throne (or whatever it was called) being exclusives but this is on an entirely different level :wall: I can already smell the astronomical prices on ebay :sick:

The best thing LEGO can do is re-release it as a normal set later this year 

Because I just can't believe TLG would throw all that money out the window, being the MCU as popular as it is

I’m really disappointed as there is no way people outside us can get hold of this sdcc exclusive without a huge price ...