Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'd rather have the Mark 3 than the Mark 2. If you think about it, the Mark 1 was repurposed into the Iron Monger and the Mark 2 into War Machine Mark 1. As of the time of Iron Man 3 (when the Hall existed), the Mark 3 is the oldest Iron Man suit that still exists. 

But considering that I've recently added a section devoted to War Machine in my Hall, it could just be that I don't want too much silver/grey.

The Mark 1 wasn't repurposed; Pepper and the Agents specifically find it intact in Stane's lab.  And in the Iron Man 3 prequel comic, it was shown that Tony stripped the Mk II/VTRBS 001 back down to its original specifications for the display.  So one of those is the oldest.

Now, there's some debate as to whether the Iron Man 3 version of the Mk I is supposed to be an original– Pepper mostly blew up Stane's lab with the arc reactor, so is the IM3 version a salvage or a replica?

But there's also debate as to how original the other suits are– for instance, the Mk III helmet was crushed, but the Iron Man 2/Iron Man 3 version of the Mk III displays it with the helmet intact. And its chestpiece is damaged, but all the other suits have their respective battle damage buffed out/replaced.

And just to play Devil's Advocate on the aesthetic side of things, the vast majority of the suits we've gotten in Lego are virtually identical red-and-gold numbers, so getting more gray would really still be changing things up.

47 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

And just to play Devil's Advocate on the aesthetic side of things, the vast majority of the suits we've gotten in Lego are virtually identical red-and-gold numbers, so getting more gray would really still be changing things up.

Not just grey/gray. I want to see some new colors in the roster. Midas/ Hot Rod/ Gamma/ Nightclub/ Disco/ Southpaw

and I must say they are more eye catching than he casual Red and Gold suits. Don't get me wrong. I have all of em. But I want something new. 

3 hours ago, N_Cat said:

The Mark 1 wasn't repurposed; Pepper and the Agents specifically find it intact in Stane's lab.  And in the Iron Man 3 prequel comic, it was shown that Tony stripped the Mk II/VTRBS 001 back down to its original specifications for the display.  So one of those is the oldest.

Now, there's some debate as to whether the Iron Man 3 version of the Mk I is supposed to be an original– Pepper mostly blew up Stane's lab with the arc reactor, so is the IM3 version a salvage or a replica?

But there's also debate as to how original the other suits are– for instance, the Mk III helmet was crushed, but the Iron Man 2/Iron Man 3 version of the Mk III displays it with the helmet intact. And its chestpiece is damaged, but all the other suits have their respective battle damage buffed out/replaced.

In one of the films (can’t remember if it’s 2 or 3) the heads up display in Tony’s helmet scans the Mk1 and says ‘reconstruction’

9 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I would definitely be interested in more Iron Man armors.  Hopefully LEGO has something planned for the future.  

I feel like when Lego Avengers 2 inevitably comes out one day the pre-order figure included will be an Iron Man suit like the first one.

This a bit random, but a lot of LEGO stores still have a bunch of the Avengers Tower giveaway. For my store, they still have over a hundred of these giveaways in there stockroom and apparently, they are going to send them back to the factory for either recycling or reuse in the future. So I guess my question is, why don't they just continue to give these aways until supply runs out? Won't they make more money with this SW GWP? I've heard LEGO doesn't want GWPs to coincide with others or they want to say it for later... 

4 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

This a bit random, but a lot of LEGO stores still have a bunch of the Avengers Tower giveaway. For my store, they still have over a hundred of these giveaways in there stockroom and apparently, they are going to send them back to the factory for either recycling or reuse in the future. So I guess my question is, why don't they just continue to give these aways until supply runs out? Won't they make more money with this SW GWP? I've heard LEGO doesn't want GWPs to coincide with others or they want to say it for later... 

Sometimes when they have leftovers from a GWP they just hold on to them untill a later time when there isn't any kind of promotion planned. Same thing happened with the Winter Soldier poly in 2015

On 5/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, Guyon2002 said:

They could even add Rescue in this set. Maybe they could do it somewhat the same as with the current set. Mark 2 for Iron Man, no suit for Iron Man 2, Striker for Iron Man 3 (since they already hinted at that figure), Rescue for Endgame and the mark 85 as the ''reused figure''. Maybe also replace the Outriders with casual Tony and Pepper and I'd definetely buy it.

That would be cool. I don't know how much people would want the striker but you're right they did hint at it, and the "Reused figure" of a mk 85 would be good for people like me who won't spend 100 on a 4+ police station with thanos.

Somewhat unrelated, but I still need heartbreaker, scuba, and space iron man suits to complete my collection and they're pretty expensive. Anyone know any cheap way to get them? I've been looking at buying the sets they come in, but those aren't exactly cheap either.

Also unrelated, but when I went to see endgame a third time because i have no social life, I saw the big lego model of captain marvel (human-shaped) and an iron man (minifigure-shaped), except the iron man was just the head and torso for some reason. Just thought it was interesting that they shipped those out to theaters.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That would be cool. I don't know how much people would want the striker but you're right they did hint at it, and the "Reused figure" of a mk 85 would be good for people like me who won't spend 100 on a 4+ police station with thanos.

Somewhat unrelated, but I still need heartbreaker, scuba, and space iron man suits to complete my collection and they're pretty expensive. Anyone know any cheap way to get them? I've been looking at buying the sets they come in, but those aren't exactly cheap either.

Eh. To be honest, I could care less about the Mark 85. Lego just didn't do a very good job with it . . I'm mostly just annoyed that the  arms and legs don't match, but still. 

And good luck. I've been looking for all three for months. Tracking down a copy of the Iron Skull Sub set for the Scuba (which is actually the Mark 37, "Hammerhead") isn't hard. They're still floating around at more-or-less retail value. The Avenjet is a bit harder, but I found a couple of listings on eBay and Bricklink alike . . to be honest, though, if you're going for an MCU Hall of Armour, Lego's rendition of the Mark 39, "Gemini", is remarkably inaccurate. Heartbreaker is the real challenge, though. I haven't found any listings or ways to get it at a reasonable price. Good luck. 

29 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I hope that FFH minifig pack releases soon, that is if it's even real to begin with 

Probably fake, I have never seen a preliminary accessory pack, they only leak from store sightings.

Also, that spiderman head looks like the mighty micro flash head.

59 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Eh. To be honest, I could care less about the Mark 85. Lego just didn't do a very good job with it . . I'm mostly just annoyed that the  arms and legs don't match, but still. 

And good luck. I've been looking for all three for months. Tracking down a copy of the Iron Skull Sub set for the Scuba (which is actually the Mark 37, "Hammerhead") isn't hard. They're still floating around at more-or-less retail value. The Avenjet is a bit harder, but I found a couple of listings on eBay and Bricklink alike . . to be honest, though, if you're going for an MCU Hall of Armour, Lego's rendition of the Mark 39, "Gemini", is remarkably inaccurate. Heartbreaker is the real challenge, though. I haven't found any listings or ways to get it at a reasonable price. Good luck. 

Yeah Gemini's not great for accuracy but I'm trying to collect all the MCU suits. I decided not to count war machine so I don't have to track down the bricktober one or the patriot, but this is still much more difficult and costly than I anticipated.

I found the heartbreaker set for $32, the avenjet for $60 (but in australia and I'm in america so it'll really be like $80 due to shipping), and the sub for $35. I do have a friend who used to collect some marvel but no longer does, so I might be able to get the suits off him at a discounted price, hopefully.

40 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Probably fake, I have never seen a preliminary accessory pack, they only leak from store sightings.

Also, that spiderman head looks like the mighty micro flash head.

I thought that too, I'm like 99% sure the reason it's so blurry is that they don't want us to know it's an old head and not a new print.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You guys here might be interested in @Ashnflash's latest CMF Draft... :wink:

If only we would get such amazing figures, I really like Elsa's hair on Black Widow btw. It looks surprisingly good

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If only we would get such amazing figures, I really like Elsa's hair on Black Widow btw. It looks surprisingly good

That was the first thing I did when I got my hands on Elsa. It’s a shame they didn’t give that hair in the correct color to Widow, it’s damn near perfect. 

How to upgrade the sets a little:

76128 - Molten Man is great, maybe there should be a little Carnival build included. Firefighter -> MJ.

76129 - The build is perfect, but Hydro-Man should be bigger and made of transparent pieces. MJ -> Flash.

76130 - Jet should be bigger and less crampy. Maybe the earth elemental instead of the drones? Something to make it worth $70. Give Spidey The Black Suit. Make Happy accurate. Add Ned.

I love the sets (well, not the Jet) and I know they are based on the concept arts. But with these upgrades, they would be perfect (at least for me).

My reaction when I saw that the jet is a real thing and actually accurate: :excited:

My reaction in the 5 seconds after that: :facepalm: :wall: That was a $70 set!!!!!

Just looked up Iron Man minifigs prices on bricklink and was shocked to see price skyrocket compared to just 2-3 weeks ago! Is it because of what happened to him in Endgame? Scalpers trying to get as much as they can while hype is still high? 

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also unrelated, but when I went to see endgame a third time because i have no social life, I saw the big lego model of captain marvel (human-shaped) and an iron man (minifigure-shaped), except the iron man was just the head and torso for some reason. Just thought it was interesting that they shipped those out to theaters.

You can get the set that the Heartbreaker comes in for $20 US on BrickLink brand new and sealed, which is pretty good considering it was $13 at retail 6 years ago. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

You can get the set that the Heartbreaker comes in for $20 US on BrickLink brand new and sealed, which is pretty good considering it was $13 at retail 6 years ago. 

Yeah? Where?