Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Personally, I'm hoping that we'll be seeing indirect, comic-based tie-in sets for those shows instead. :shrug_oh_well:

Like I'd suggested above, such can be both instead. :wink:

A comic version of scarlet witch and vision would be great but we already have falcon and winter soldier

1 hour ago, SgtKilr said:

A comic version of scarlet witch and vision would be great but we already have falcon and winter soldier

Idk if they'd do scarlet witch's comics costume, but yeah it would be cool for that headpiece alone. A vision might come off a simple after that amazing civil war one, but would still be nice. You're right about falcon and winter soldier, but hopefully i one of them assumes the mantle of captain america in their show (which I assume is the premise), we'll get a figure. Unless it's a falcon and it's too close to the comic con design.

1 hour ago, SgtKilr said:

I really don't see them making comic SW. She would definetely require a new hairpiece and we have enough experience with lego marvel to know this will not happen

2 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

Don't forget Loki's solo series for Disney+ too, not to mention a yet-to-be-confirmed solo series for Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. :wink:

Wikipedia - Disney+

Original series based on Marvel properties and Star Wars are being produced, with the former including new Marvel Cinematic Universe spin-off series involving the characters of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Loki, Scarlet Witch and Vision, and a What If animated series, and the latter including The Mandalorian, a television series set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, and a spin-off series focused on Cassian Andor from Rogue One.

16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Don't forget Loki's solo series for Disney+ too, not to mention a yet-to-be-confirmed solo series for Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. :wink:

Wikipedia - Disney+

There are also rumors a Hulk and She Hulk series is in the works as well which would be pretty sweet. I do hope we get some sets that represent some of these series but I don't expect more than 1 set per show.

Edited by ToaDraco

15 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wikipedia - Disney+

The Hawkeye solo series has already been confirmed, Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner will return for his role) will be training the next Hawkeye: Kate Bishop

13 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I do hope we get some sets that represent some of these series but I don't expect more than 1 set per show.

Like I'd said, not only would I prefer comic-inspired tie-in sets, I feel those would be more likely to happen over more direct fare. After all, we haven't yet seen proper comic-based iterations for Hawkeye, Loki, Scarlet Witch, and Vision in minifigure form. :shrug_oh_well:

29 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Like I'd said, not only would I prefer comic-inspired tie-in sets, I feel those would be more likely to happen over more direct fare. After all, we haven't yet seen proper comic-based iterations for Hawkeye, Loki, Scarlet Witch, and Vision in minifigure form. :shrug_oh_well:

Strongly disagree, I don’t want comic tie-ins at all for these. I want straight up MCU based sets with screen accurate minifigs

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If you think we'll ever get that horrifying blue and purple hawkeye costume in lego besides a comic-con exclusive or mighty micros, you're crazy. Vision would be pretty bland compared to the MCU one, and the new headpiece required for a comic scarlet witch makes it unlikely we'll get her, either.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

There are also rumors a Hulk and She Hulk series is in the works as well which would be pretty sweet. I do hope we get some sets that represent some of these series but I don't expect more than 1 set per show.

I agree that one set per show sounds right, also we need to remember that these shows will come out at different times so it won't be like a "disney+ wave", but scattered releases alongside movie or spiderman waves.

I haven't heard those rumors, and will remain skeptical because we've had over 20 star wars disney+ shows "rumored" at one point or another, but a she hulk and hulk show would be awesome, and a nice way to get around the hulk solo movie rights. Now we just need a proper MCU daredevil on disney+ and we can have some MCU court battles. :iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Strongly disagree, I don’t want comic tie-ins at all for these. I want straight up MCU based sets with screen accurate minifigs

I disagree as well, I'd rather have the MCU designs over comic ones, as I said above.

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If you think we'll ever get that horrifying blue and purple hawkeye costume in lego besides a comic-con exclusive or mighty micros, you're crazy. 

Oh, I wasn't thinking of his "classic" comic costume, but rather a cleaner-looking comic rendition of his cinematic suit that could take after the Ultimate comics and his look in the Avengers Assemble TV show. 

42 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Vision would be pretty bland compared to the MCU one, and the new headpiece required for a comic scarlet witch makes it unlikely we'll get her, either.

Well, my personal bias for comic-based iterations of such characters can be usually due to their lack of need for excessive printing. You see, cinematic iterations' minifigures typically have much more detailed texturing for their torso prints that won't often find its way onto their arms and legs, making them look aesthetically inconsistent. To me, starting off with a simpler design to begin with usually means less complaints about the lack of arm and leg printing, as that lack thereof looks less stark than it would've with a more detailed, textured torso. 

P.S. Plus, I find comic-based iterations to be much more versatile for both MOCs and Brickfilms! :wink:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Vision would be pretty bland compared to the MCU one, and the new headpiece required for a comic scarlet witch makes it unlikely we'll get her, either.

I'm going to need a comics Vision at some point. Vision is red to me, not pink. They also still haven't even corrected the MCU's eye color and we're three movies for him in, 3 different sets over 4 years. It's sad they can't do that one small thing for us. 

This isn't some kinda Suicide Squad to get a *not-so-direct-tie-in* lego set for this series.

If Disney wants to market this so big, they probably do atleast one lego set of each show.

This is Disney+ we're talking about, all shows are family oriented. They don't need comic book styled set to produce the characters. Again this isn't like Suicide Squad to have an excuse.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

This isn't some kinda Suicide Squad to get a *not-so-direct-tie-in* lego set for this series.

If Disney wants to market this so big, they probably do atleast one lego set of each show.

This is Disney+ we're talking about, all shows are family oriented. They don't need comic book styled set to produce the characters. Again this isn't like Suicide Squad to have an excuse.

Besides my personal preference for comic-based tie-ins, I don't think the family-inclusive orientation of these upcoming Series necessarily is a hard-and-fast clencher for such. I mean, for instance, the most we ever saw for 2014's The Winter Solider could've been 76017 Captain America vs Hydra as a possible tie-in. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

i wouldn't go as far as "family-oriented", but they'll be no darker or more mature than the MCU films, I'm sure. And you're right, we can't use suicide squad as an excuse. 

23 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Besides my personal preference for comic-based tie-ins, I don't think the family-inclusive orientation of these upcoming Series necessarily is a hard-and-fast clencher for such. I mean, for instance, the most we ever saw for 2014's The Winter Solider could've been 76017 Captain America vs Hydra as a possible tie-in. 

We actually got a polybag of the winter soldier based on his appearance from the film.

42 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'll also point out that Winter Soldier was arguably the least family-inclusive MCU movie to date. 

4 hours ago, Ultron said:

I'm going to need a comics Vision at some point. Vision is red to me, not pink. They also still haven't even corrected the MCU's eye color and we're three movies for him in, 3 different sets over 4 years. It's sad they can't do that one small thing for us. 

After 5 years Rocket Raccoon is also still gray, while he's clearly brown in the movies

I would like to see some more comic based sets if for no other reason than I think that's the only way we would ever get a set with the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and his Hellcharger. 

What is the deal with that Avengers Compound display case for minifigures, I think if modified it could make a great edition to the Avengers Compound set, will it be available in US? If so, when?

New trailer shows Captain Marvel flying with her new suit much closer to her comic book appearance. 

I feel so happy that I've bought her comic book/ TV Show minifigure alongside with the first Thanos big figure. Yay! :grin_wub:

8 minutes ago, mgetz said:

What is the deal with that Avengers Compound display case for minifigures, I think if modified it could make a great edition to the Avengers Compound set, will it be available in US? If so, when?

As far as I know, it's Korea only. And I posted this in my Instagram together with Paul and everybody else with lego news. 

The translation says: It's an exclusive gift in participating an IMAX event in Korea. 

You need to buy all of the sets, take a picture and use a hashtag, buy 2 tickets of IMAX and you'll have the chance to win the exclusive set.

Only 20 lucky winners will be chosen. And I must say that is tough af. It will be very rare. 

so great to see them using the Captain Marvel sash on her costume. so happy about that

Side Note: nay rumors on LEGO The Avengers 2 game coming from TT Games...????

12 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

so great to see them using the Captain Marvel sash on her costume. so happy about that

Side Note: nay rumors on LEGO The Avengers 2 game coming from TT Games...????

Not yet, we rarely get any rumors for LEGO games but TT always releases 2 games a year: a ''rushed'' mediocre title and a big title. The mediocre one for this year was TLM2 (one of the worst lego games to date) and according to Matthew Wood (voice actor for General Grievous and the Battle-Droids) a new LEGO Star Wars game is in the works. Guess we'll just have to wait and see

18 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'll also point out that Winter Soldier was arguably the least family-inclusive MCU movie to date. 

Yes, and it got a poybag, so there's no reason we wouldn't see any disney+ sets

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not yet, we rarely get any rumors for LEGO games but TT always releases 2 games a year: a ''rushed'' mediocre title and a big title. The mediocre one for this year was TLM2 (one of the worst lego games to date) and according to Matthew Wood (voice actor for General Grievous and the Battle-Droids) a new LEGO Star Wars game is in the works. Guess we'll just have to wait and see

I think avengers 2 sounds more likely as it will be a while after the release of endgame, where a new star wars this year would have to come out just before the rise of skywalker and not include the movie in it's game.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, and it got a poybag, so there's no reason we wouldn't see any disney+ sets

However, the polybag was branded under “The Avengers Initiative” rather than Captain America: The Winter Soldier. So comic-based sets shouldn’t be ruled out to tie into any Disney+ properties, as they may not get their own direct sets.

Assuming they were to get sets at all.

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

However, the polybag was branded under “The Avengers Initiative” rather than Captain America: The Winter Soldier. So comic-based sets shouldn’t be ruled out to tie into any Disney+ properties, as they may not get their own direct sets.

Assuming they were to get sets at all.

True, but it's clearly the winter soldier design from the movie.