Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

As cool as the hall of armor is, the price is a little too steep for my liking. I’ll probably BL the three new suits (I have a bootleg Igor big fig that is wayyyyyy better than the one here). I’ll probably only get the Cap set and the War Machine Buster. The figures from the other sets should be pretty cheap to get separately since they all have the same outfits. The only pricey ones are going to be the two big figs 

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I might get the Cap set on sale for the new helmet and shield. 

I really like the new helmet piece too, but I think I'll just end up using BL for that rather than buying a $20 eyesore that I have to put somewhere.

I'm definitely buying the War Machine Buster, Hall of Armours and Quinjet as soon as humanly possible, going to wait to try and get discount for Caps bike and Compound

1 hour ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

I really like the new helmet piece too, but I think I'll just end up using BL for that rather than buying a $20 eyesore that I have to put somewhere.

You could always just buy the set and put the non-minifigure pieces in your loose parts collection

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You could always just buy the set and put the non-minifigure pieces in your loose parts collection

While that would normally make sense, I'm having to control myself with these sets so I can get more Star Wars 20th Anniversary sets

Edited by BrickBuilder1

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As cool as the hall of armor is, the price is a little too steep for my liking. I’ll probably BL the three new suits (I have a bootleg Igor big fig that is wayyyyyy better than the one here). I’ll probably only get the Cap set and the War Machine Buster. The figures from the other sets should be pretty cheap to get separately since they all have the same outfits. The only pricey ones are going to be the two big figs

I'll consider picking up the hall of armors if I can get it at a bit of a discount. The MSRP in CAD is way too high for what ends up being like 6 instances of the same small build and a couple of armors.

2 hours ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

While that would normally make sense, I'm having to control myself with these sets so I can get more Star Wars 20th Anniversary sets

I feel this. Not a fan of all the 20th anniversary sets but man the snow speeder and Slave I are really appealing.:thumbup:

9 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm definitely buying the War Machine Buster, Hall of Armours and Quinjet as soon as humanly possible, going to wait to try and get discount for Caps bike and Compound

Same thing, but I'm still 50/50 with Quinjet I know the build looks cool but the figs are lackluster. I dunno, probably it will grow on me and finally accept that this is it, Lego ducked up this time. 

To us, it's the biggest MCU movie all of time and have a special place in our hearts that they should put 100% effort on the sets. To them, it's just another Avengers movie. 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

To us, it's the biggest MCU movie all of time and have a special place in our hearts that they should put 100% effort on the sets. To them, it's just another Avengers movie. 

Exactly. I may sound like a broken record, but box office records don‘t necessarily correlate with toy sales. So if previous Spidey sets (regardless of what they‘re based on) outsold the previous Avengers sets, which is not unlikely, can you really blame them for investing more into new Spider-man sets? :wink: 

9 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

I feel this. Not a fan of all the 20th anniversary sets but man the snow speeder and Slave I are really appealing.:thumbup:

Yeah, That Slave I is really what I'm eyeing right now, and I'm trying to see if I can get that Darth Vader Bust, because it would look really nice on display IMO.

7 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

Does anyone know if Hamleys still have the bricktober set in stores?

I heard that it was taken out the website and then marked as "soldout".

But some are able to snag them.

So I plan on picking up the war machine buster and the hall of armor when they come out, but I am not sure which one I should pick up first, so I want to ask you guys which one is the better first day pickup. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Captain-DeadPool said:

So I plan on picking up the war machine buster and the hall of armor when they come out, but I am not sure which one I should pick up first, so I want to ask you guys which one is the better first day pickup. Thank you!

I've been setting up construction of a large Hall of Armour MOC that I plan to integrate the official set into. I obviously want to get thst done ASAP, so I'm making that my priority. We haven't seen the Australian prices yet, but I'll probably wait to get Cap and War Machine on sale. Although, unless you're more invested in the minifigures - specifically Iron Man, I do feel like War Machine would be the better priority.

5 minutes ago, Captain-DeadPool said:

I might be biased coz I'm a sucker for Ironman suits. There's no question for me. Hall of Armor is the best set for Endgame wave IMHO.

But good a good thing to point out is, it's a set with decent build not as bad/good as the others, but definitely have the most beautiful minifigures for the wave.

You cannot sleep on this set, unlike War Machine Buster. (Don't get me wrong I like it too) but if I had to choose one it's Hall of Armor.

25 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I might be biased coz I'm a sucker for Ironman suits. There's no question for me. Hall of Armor is the best set for Endgame wave IMHO.

But good a good thing to point out is, it's a set with decent build not as bad/good as the others, but definitely have the most beautiful minifigures for the wave.

You cannot sleep on this set, unlike War Machine Buster. (Don't get me wrong I like it too) but if I had to choose one it's Hall of Armor.

I'm gonna call it now, the Hall of Armors set is probably going to be a very sought after set once it's retired. It's definitely a good call to pick it up before anything else.

Edited by shadefoundry

11 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I'm gonna call it now, the Hall of Armors set is probably going to be a very sought after set once it's retired. It's definitely a good call to pick it up before anything else.

I project it is gonna be hundreds of dollars on bricklink to capitalize on how much people wanted it once it's retired

22 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

You are kidding me. Are you sure people will waste hundreds of thousands of dollars for a crappy set?! That hall of armor looks like a dumpster, don’t even get me started on that Igor. It is bland and repetive. Yes, I know that idiots waste their money on “oH mY GoD, tHE NeW MaRveL HaS COol FiGUreS THat ARENT EvEn tHat DeTaiLeD!” Those figures don’t even look good at all. I don’t get what is the urge to buy a set that looks like crap. The figures are literally a Mark 1 that needs bulk, a Mark 5 that needs arm printing, a good Mark 41/42?, another Mark 85, and repetive freaking outriders that appear in every set. It isn’t a good set, however that is just my opinion.

11 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You are kidding me. Are you sure people will waste hundreds of thousands of dollars for a crappy set?! That hall of armor looks like a dumpster, don’t even get me started on that Igor. It is bland and repetive. Yes, I know that idiots waste their money on “oH mY GoD, tHE NeW MaRveL HaS COol FiGUreS THat ARENT EvEn tHat DeTaiLeD!” Those figures don’t even look good at all. I don’t get what is the urge to buy a set that looks like crap. The figures are literally a Mark 1 that needs bulk, a Mark 5 that needs arm printing, a good Mark 41/42?, another Mark 85, and repetive freaking outriders that appear in every set. It isn’t a good set, however that is just my opinion.

Tell me how you really feel.

24 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Woahhh. Calm down there. Let people enjoy things..I criticize Lego’s designs and decisions all the time but there’s really no need to attack people’s opinions. 

2 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

I feel the same way about it. 

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

*Mark 50

43 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

*Mark 50

:laugh:

15 minutes ago, The NexoNinja402 said:

If there even is a small chance for another bricktober pack, i would hope for white armor valkyrie, Scale armor cap, rescue and ronin

I don't want to burst your bubble but I feel that Valkyrie won't be having much of a time in the film to give her a spot IF EVER we will get another Bricktober pack, but I can see Scale Cap, Rescue, Ronin and probably War Machine 006

3 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

The figures are literally a Mark 1 that needs bulk, a Mark 5 that needs arm printing, a good Mark 41/42?, another Mark 85, and repetive freaking outriders that appear in every set. 

As has been mentioned before, Mark 50, not 85. Bones is most decidedly Mark 41. And if you think the Mark 1 isn't bulky enough, then might I suggest Bricklinking part 85961 in silver (as seen in the Lava subtheme of Power Miners) and using that to make it bulkier?

Personally, I think it looks fine with the Boba Fett jetpack piece - IE, how it comes - but hey. Either way, HoA is a day 1 purchase for me. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

As has been mentioned before, Mark 50, not 85. Bones is most decidedly Mark 41. And if you think the Mark 1 isn't bulky enough, then might I suggest Bricklinking part 85961 in silver (as seen in the Lava subtheme of Power Miners) and using that to make it bulkier?

Personally, I think it looks fine with the Boba Fett jetpack piece - IE, how it comes - but hey. Either way, HoA is a day 1 purchase for me. 

The Mark 1 uses the Star Wars Battlefront 2015 jetpack, not Boba Fett's. Fett's jetpack doesn't have any studs on it