Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

76123 - Only aspect that appeals is Captain America's Helmet, which will be bricklinked instead as the build sucks and the Outriders i find to be the weakest of the drone/army building characters
76124 - Depending on the War Machine Buster's role in the movie i may end up getting this set, though chances are i will just bricklink the helmet pieces.
76125 - Build looks bland and repetitive, the three unique armors somewhat justify it. Igor looks a mess. This is the only set i may end up purchasing though definitely not at full price.
76126 - Interior of the build is taken up by hiding the massive stud shooter and the vehicle for Hawkeye. While the build otherwise looks interesting the figure selection sucks now that we are aware we are not getting the entire team in QRS/ATS (Missing Hulk). Chitauri have more detail but less printing than last time and are exclusive to this set so interest in army building them has faded.
76131 - The garage is the only aspect that is accurate to the Compound in the movie, even though it has been scaled down - a very easy pass featuring only two desirable characters for me: Thanos & Mark 85.

The main flaws of this wave is the over abundance of Outriders and the reliance on the QRS/ATS which would be a cool collectable aspect IF we had Hulk wearing the QRS/ATS we have seen in concept art (Arm printing would have been nice also with the 'A' logo on the figures). The builds vary in quality but could be excused if the figure selection was better on most the sets.

The only hope is that we gain an additional set with Ronin, Rescue, Captain America (Scale Suit), War Machine and potentially a few additional spoilery characters in the Summer. Probably going to have to resort to knock-off's to get the missing characters. A real shame that the wave had so much potential that was thrown away.

1 hour ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Avengers Ultimate Quinjet - Finally! A quinjet with an interior!

Most the interior is taken up by hiding the stud shooter and Hawkeye's vehicle - i believe it has seats for three figures and room to stand Rocket and potentially sit another figure :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Scarilian

3 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Most the interior is taken up by hiding the stud shooter and Hawkeye's vehicle - i believe it has seats for three figures and room to stand Rocket and potentially sit another figure :shrug_oh_well:

That doesn't seem like its going to be much of an issue. The stud shooter is very easy to remove and no one is forced to store Hawkeye's vehicle inside the Quinjet. There still looks to be plenty of interior space and the beauty of Lego is that we can always add more seats if we want. :classic:

Mixed feelings about it.  Love MCU so probably will end up buying the full wave but the figures are too repetitive.  The builds are ... probably become parts inventory.   The figures that I probably NEED will be CAP, Ant-Man, War Machine, Different Iron Man variants.   I wish they included binary form captain marvel =(

I don’t think I even care enough to get the Mk 85. Thinking about just slapping some gold arms on the 2nd Mk 50 I’ll have once I get the HoA set and calling it a day. I’m already missing 3-4 armors so another doesn’t really bother me even though it should :shrug_oh_well:

Since there is a sticker of what many have suspected to be either the  Snapper or Striker suits, do you guys think there’s a chance we’ll get it in a set one day?

17 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

Mixed feelings about it.  Love MCU so probably will end up buying the full wave but the figures are too repetitive.  The builds are ... probably become parts inventory.   The figures that I probably NEED will be CAP, Ant-Man, War Machine, Different Iron Man variants.   I wish they included binary form captain marvel =(

Yeah, or they could've atleast provided her with a helmet even if it's printing I'll gladly accept that. 

Sad to say that this could be the last time we will be seeing them together and we did end up getting a not-so-great wave of sets. 

15 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Since there is a sticker of what many have suspected to be either the  Snapper or Striker suits, do you guys think there’s a chance we’ll get it in a set one day?

I personally think it's "Striker" (Mark 25) getting stickers from it doesn't necessary mean we will get them in a set. Cough *Daredevil* cough. Though Iron man suits are much easier to incorporate in a set even in comic style. 

I can see that happening, not just because I'm an Iron man fan but because they have done it before with "Hammerhead" and "Starboost" 

Edited by SpiderJazz
Spelling

At this point I would have preferred them to make a $100+ Quinjet with all of the quantum suits in it then having them spread out over the whole wave. Like I get not having certain characters they would call spoilers but it just feels weird having most of the hero’s wearing the exact same suit 

Personally, I'm very much over this whole Quantum Suit business. The only must-haves here are War Machine Buster (not because I like it much, but I'm going to repurpose the build for a MOC) and Hall of Armour. I'm definitely passing on the Quinjet and I'll only get the Compound on serious discount. Cap's Bike, maybe. Depends on the price point and if I have some spare cash once I've got everything I want more from the current waves. If not, I'll pick up a Quantum Iron Man polybag when they show up at my Lego store. Either way, I'll have three Quantum Suits, which will be enough for the Quantum Realm Laboratory I'm going to build using last year's Quantum Realm Explorers as a base. (And I'll get to mix-n-match Ant-Man helmets and see which one I like more.) And that will be enough for me. 

Damn shame they didn't give us any way to get a QRS with a printed Avengers arm logo . . 

Forgive me if has already been mentioned, I have been following this thread the best I can. Does anyone know what part that round spinning thing is under the wings of the Quinjet, motorcycle wheels maybe, or more likely radar dishes? 

Just now, Johnny1360 said:

Forgive me if has already been mentioned, I have been following this thread the best I can. Does anyone know what part that round spinning thing is under the wings of the Quinjet, motorcycle wheels maybe, or more likely radar dishes? 

Are you talking about this piece

Well this line is pretty bad. I really don't think I want to buy any of them. I bought all the Infinity War sets last year despite not liking all of them, because the minifigures were good and at least it felt like someone cared about the builds. Captain Marvel not getting any upgrades, all QR suits, and the shocking use of minifigure space means I cannot see any of these selling well - even to kids. I think they're far too expensive for what you get.

6 hours ago, wesker said:

That doesn't seem like its going to be much of an issue. The stud shooter is very easy to remove and no one is forced to store Hawkeye's vehicle inside the Quinjet. There still looks to be plenty of interior space and the beauty of Lego is that we can always add more seats if we want. :classic:

True, it'll probably be a similar level of room inside to the Milano and/or the Age Of Ultron Quinjet by the looks of the design - four bricks wide roughly around twelve bricks long with a dividing wall in the middle. I'd guess maybe enough for six or eight seats in the back along with the cockpit at the front if modded properly. I think the design is pretty good - the figures just weaken the set a bit. If the Quinjet features heavily in the movie and/or it gets a heavy discount i may get it - but i'm a bit hesitant as even my favourite of Quinjets (AoU) i have ended up dismantling over the years.

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There are 9 spots. Just remove the juice bar and the hair holding section at the ends too. Not sure if the hair holder can be removed easily but the juice bar definitely looks like it can be, so that would be at least 8 spots per set and only one armor couldn’t be displayed. But I don’t think it’ll be hard to remove the hair holder either. 

No it’s still 7. If you remove the juice bar, you’re still missing the 1x2 slopes. They’re common pieces so it’s easy to make it another spot, but in the base set it is just 7 spots. Same goes for the hair part. 

I will be getting the war machine buster and maybe the compound set as I like the design of the main compound build although I feel it may be over £100 with the 2 big figs in the set honestly I don't really care about collecting all the avengers minifigures as most are pretty boring to me

a question though whats that blue mech in the assembly room set

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

I will be getting the war machine buster and maybe the compound set as I like the design of the main compound build although I feel it may be over £100 with the 2 big figs in the set honestly I don't really care about collecting all the avengers minifigures as most are pretty boring to me

a question though whats that blue mech in the assembly room set

It was featured on Iron man 3 film, it's called "IGOR" (Mark 38)  though, the build is very poorly designed. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

It was featured on Iron man 3 film, it's called "IGOR" (Mark 38)  though, the build is very poorly designed. 

Only the face is lacking, the rest of the body looks good for what it is

I respect your opinion @Guyon2002, but I think there's more way to have a better joints for the mech and not just use "mixel joints" 

It's nice to have that 1x2 printed tile, but even if you replace that enormous mecha-chin, it won't be fixed. 

6 hours ago, SomeAssemblyRequired said:

Well this line is pretty bad. I really don't think I want to buy any of them. I bought all the Infinity War sets last year despite not liking all of them, because the minifigures were good and at least it felt like someone cared about the builds. Captain Marvel not getting any upgrades, all QR suits, and the shocking use of minifigure space means I cannot see any of these selling well - even to kids. I think they're far too expensive for what you get.

are you sure your a lego fan or collector as how can anybody hate the awesome sanctum sanctorum showdown seriously it boggles my mind and the hulkbuster set had that awesome arm chopping action feature honestly

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

they probably should have left it out and replaced with another part of the room although I wont be buying the set anyway as I don't really care for iron man and his variants but I was expecting more for the build though

6 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

are you sure your a lego fan or collector as how can anybody hate the awesome sanctum sanctorum showdown seriously it boggles my mind and the hulkbuster set had that awesome arm chopping action feature honestly

In all fairness he said he didn't like them all, not he didn't like any of them. 

I too bought them all but I don't like all of them. 

And I agree Sanctum Sanctorum was a great set for me. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Just now, TheGlynreaper said:

really im glad the sets are not that amazing as it means I can save up more for other themes instead

Same, Harry Potter and Jurassic World are getting some great sets this year!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Real fans of the theme right here. ?

Why should Marvel fans have to get crappy sets so other themes can thrive. Let some other line take the quality hit for once. 

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

also the hidden side sets are phenomenal which is why i have already saved up a good amount to get all 8 sets