Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Is the Captain Marvel figure any different from the set for her solo movie ? Doesn't seem like it but I'm not too sure.

I don't know how I feel about this wave. Won't buy anything before seeing the movie.

Can't remember the last time I truly hated a set, but that Compound is bad. Armour Room is decent, but you'd need to buy more of it and combined it together.

But the Compound is far too small. The car is a cool design IMO, but unnecessary. The helicopter is not the Thanos Copter, making LEGO tonight's big loser. And the minifigure selection... Why is Iron Man the only one spared from the Advanced Suit syndrome? How come he gets a normal variant? Hulk too, they had to design a new variant for him, and I would rather it be ATS than a generic version. STILL NO HELMET FOR CAROL EITHER!!!!! If there was ever a set to upgrade the Captain Marvel figure, it would be the most expensive set

All that's missing now is Ronin, Captain America, War Machine, Rescue (I understand her absence because we don't know the circumstances behind her suiting up, or how important it is to the movie) and potentially Valkyrie. So I ask... Where are these polybags now?

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I have to respectfully disagree. The Quinjet is spectacular, and if the War Machine Buster is in the film I fully intend to pick it up. 

I respect that also, It's just that I consider the figs which I am collecting rather than the build. But again it's AFOLs problem, still gonna buy it. Lol.

I keep seeing people mentioning the inclusion of only, 2 stones. Until we see the official set images, I’m going to go on a limb and say that it’s the way the Gauntlet is turned. The fromt box art shows mainly the inside of his left hand, so we see only the time and power stone. I suppose including all 6 stones with the gauntlet would be another way for them to try justifying the price tag.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I respect that also, It's just that I consider the figs which I am collecting rather than the build. But again it's AFOLs problem, still gonna buy it. Lol.

Oh, for sure. I collect and display all the minifigures as well, and I just feel you’re getting a better deal when you have a good build, icing on the cake. I’ve only got a few Marvel sets built, being the two Benatar builds from Infinity War and the bridge from 2016. But I would display that Quinjet. 

I think this’ll be the first time I don’t buy every set at once on release day. I’d rather wait for a sale especially since the Bricktober pack won’t be a free promo with these. 

I keep seeing people mentioning the inclusion of only, 2 stones. Until we see the official set images, I’m going to go on a limb and say that it’s the way the Gauntlet is turned. The fromt box art shows mainly the inside of his left hand, so we see only the time and power stone. I suppose including all 6 stones with the gauntlet would be another way for them to try justifying the price tag.

Oh, for sure. I collect and display all the minifigures as well, and I just feel you’re getting a better deal when you have a good build, icing on the cake. I’ve only got a few Marvel sets built, being the two Benatar builds from Infinity War and the bridge from 2016. But I would display that Quinjet. 

I thought that at first, but if you zoom in on the out of box image, you can see the little ridges denoting the spots to put the other stones, but there aren’t any stones in the slots. 

Honestly I think one of the worst parts is that we didn't even get a team suit Hulk. If they're gonna do the team suits and not give us the individual suits, fine, but holy shit at least give us the complete set of them. Absolutely would have preferred that to the generic Hulk we got, because now we've got 9/10 characters wearing them and it's gonna bug the hell out of me.

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Cmon guys, lots of you are whining. These 2 sets are far better than those 3 that were leaked earlier

Seriously? Better than that Quinjet with the two new TRANS-LIGHT ORANGE canopy/windshield recolors? :tongue:

If you look at the overview picture with the white background you can see the other stones arent there

Wow, these are huge spoilers!
So Thanos is going to fight Hulk with a giant hammer in front of a Lego police station, while Iron-Man drives a very small car and Nebula a Helicopter with a huge Gatling gun at it's nose.

Lego has gone childish all the way with these sets, which is totally ok since this "police station"-style will probably be much more attractive to the market. I assume this downwards trend in quality (again, meaning no offense) will be the future of Marvel sets.

I called it: not a single individual (new) suit, other than for Iron-Man. I guess some people will have a hard time to get an exclusive Ronin in some bricktober pack or CC exclusive or whatever.

But I'm still waiting for all these rumored polybags :wink:

This one of the most disappointing Marvel sets wave ever...

76123 - Build is awful, but looks kinda nice from the back tho. Minifigures are really boring...

76124 - The build is nice, but it's our 4th Hulkbuster since 2015. I like new Ant-Man helmet, but rest is boring.

76125 - Build looks good, but it's SO repetetive. MK 38... what did they do to you!? It's my all-time least favorite Marvel build. Iron Man suits are nice, but we don't need another two Outriders.

76126 - I love the build, it looks amazing. The minifigures on the other hand... Awful.

76131 - The build looks really incomplete, plus it looks like a 4+ set. Car and helicopter look nice, but why are they even here? Minifigures are really good tho.

That's a disappointing wave... 10 wasted minifigure spots for generic. Army. BUILDERS!

Waiting for FFH sets...

Just a couple of things to note about the Hall of Armours:

*If you look at his work bench, there is a call going to Phil Coulson

*There is a reference to another armour not included in this set (if you look at the back of box photos, it's underneath Bones display). It appears to either be Mark 25 aka Striker (https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor:_Mark_XXV)

*Tony is exposed as being bold, as one of his wigs is hanging up

*After seeing all his fellow armours self destruct, Igor (who if y'all remember, was supporting a falling structure at the time of Clean Slate Protocol, thus should not have blown up), was so shocked that his jaw fell off. Tony clearly was in a rush to fix him, but could only make a substitute jaw, made of cheap plastic

About the generic Outriders- I understand that Lego wants kids to be able to army build. But 10 generic figures is excessive and even if we had to get 10 I think it would’ve been so much better to get some more Chitauri instead of 8 Outriders. Not having the Black Order in these sets really decreased the amount of villains possible to include and therefore I think Lego included so many generic figures because there still needs to be some conflict in the sets. 

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you look at the overview picture with the white background you can see the other stones arent there

I’m not sure which picture you’re referring to. 

Edit: I’ve found it on IG. That’s too bad, but we did get at least 3 extra of each stone in the IW wave. Nice to have a use for them.

Edited by Aegis2000

I’m gonna echo the thoughts on here. Worst overall wave since 2012, hands down. 2019 has not been a good year for the Marvel Superheroes license, between reused minifigures and builds, printing reduced to ridiculous extremes, and gross oversimplification in builds. It really feels like LEGO is abandoning AFOLS in complete favor of the 4+/Juniors group. 

As a final complaint, although probably not LEGO’s fault, there is NOT ONE new character in the entire wave. Not a single one. Nothing but variants. So, so disappointing. 

Edited by PARED
Spelling

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Thanos only seems to have two stones in the compound set 

Well at least I have some spare stones from IW wave?. Good thing LEGO has 4 of each in 2018 sets.

Ok this is just pain pathetic! THE biggest movie of 2019 and possibly of all time and we get this horrible crappy wave?! 

Compound set looks like a bad version of City police station (tiny car and chopper included). Minifigs are plain bad. Repeat Captain Marvel didn’t even get accurate hairpiece! More useless outriders, yay! LEGO must be thinking: “kids love those outriders, let’s include a ton of them in every set!”. Hulk with a smile? Comon gimme a break! Thanos still uses the same old inaccurate mold, and this time gets a big hammer, when all concept art shows him with a sword. Ok then...

The armor room set definitely should have come with Rescue instead of a THIRD mk50 suit. Total waste of a minifig there. And all the outriders are really nice but at the same time they take up spaces of other figures. I love the team suits but I really would have loved regular versions too, especially Cap’s scale suit, War Machine, Ronin, and Black Widow. Guess I’ll be relying on bootlegs for those

So what about the Iron Legion helmet that is supposedly in production?

I kinda wonder if the designers know that hardcore fans will hate sets like these after they're finished with them. 

It’s a negative cycle - LEGO won’t invest in the new sets as they aren’t selling as well but they aren’t selling as well because the dumbing down is turning off some kids and adult collectors. 

In this sea of negativity that I’ll admit I’m a part of, I just want to point out that they gave DUM-E a party hat in the Hall of Armors. Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but it made me smile. 

56 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Hulk with a smile? Comon gimme a break! 

You'd rather the hulk looks the same as every other hulk ever made? Plus fits with the Professor hulk rumors

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed :classic: That compound is one of the worst Marvel sets I've ever seen. Boring builds, terrible, undersized side vehicles, massively too high price point. I like the figures, and that's about it. 2/10.

Sue me, but I actually really like the armour room? It's great for displaying stuff. Igor's a bit weird looking, yes, but I'm sure that there's some way to modify it to fix that. Don't really like the inclusion of the Outriders, they feel contrived to add conflict to the set and raise the figure count. Why did they have to use the Mark 50 instead of the mark 85? It's smashed to bits, and they could've put another random Star Wars character in a team suit in the largest set in the 85's place. 7/10.

All in all, probably the worst Marvel wave... ever? I actually can't think of a worse one.