Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, Scarilian said:

Any word on release elsewhere, such as the UK?

Probably never gonna be released here, none of the other packs have. The U.K. and I think Australia are the only major markets that haven’t gotten the bricktober packs. It sucks.

Wow, I'm so glad the Lego legal team are going after excited fans who want to see the next product early instead of, you know, the companies in China blatantly stealing designs from Lego and selling them to make a profit.

14 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Wow, I'm so glad the Lego legal team are going after excited fans who want to see the next product early instead of, you know, the companies in China blatantly stealing designs from Lego and selling them to make a profit.

Except it would be much more efficient to go after those companies instead of some excited fans. I'm so done with those few Chinese companies ruining things for everyone just because they don't have any imagination and/or creativity!

39 minutes ago, ood0 said:

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Except it would be much more efficient to go after those companies instead of some excited fans. I'm so done with those few Chinese companies ruining things for everyone just because they don't have any imagination and/or creativity!

The problem is that:

1) The leaks are often how the Chinese companies get hold of the information

2) It'll be Disney as much as Lego who are angry at the leaks

3) Going after the leakers is something that can actually be achieved. Trying to stop the Chinese companies costs a fortune, takes years and doesn't really do much good. 

It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation

16 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

The problem is that:

1) The leaks are often how the Chinese companies get hold of the information

3) Going after the leakers is something that can actually be achieved. Trying to stop the Chinese companies costs a fortune, takes years and doesn't really do much good

This goes without saying, but leaks of upcoming MCU tie-in sets are also of great interest to fans of the films who aren't AFOLs. Ya know, those digging up spoilery tidbits from leaked tie-in merchandise for their click-bait videos, blog posts, and articles. That though, is a party Disney's more interested in countering than Lego is.

So apparently it's more about people selling unreleased stuff than posting leaks

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

So apparently it's more about people selling unreleased stuff than posting leaks

That makes sense. If it’s minifigures as opposed to sets, they’re undoubtedly stolen products. 

Looks like the Marvel Minifigure collection  promo may only last a weekend rather than a full week. Michael_bricks has a picture of a schedule saying it’s fhs 8-10 of March, just Captain Marvel’s opening weekend. Quantities will definitely be limited. 

It is confirmed, I posted it in the previous page of this thread. 

Goodluck to those peeps who are trying to get the pack, gonne be a tight one.

So I'm probably really late on this, but I just saw the images of the Stealth Suit for FFH. I don't really care for the torso or legs, but that head is going to be an amazing replacement of the Jawa head I'm currently using for my custom Spider-Man Noir minifig. Inb4 that suit only comes in the biggest and least interesting sounding set.

The second Endgame trailer will release sometime in between the 11th and 21st of March so I think its pretty likely that we'll get the pictures of the sets on the same day as the trailer

8 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I got a word that Limited Edition: Infinity War pack will be available from 14-17 this month with any purchase of $75. 

Are we sure though? we all thought that it was real for march 1st-7th, too. Not trying to discredit you, just being cautious.

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

I know right? Right after they got lepin in a civil case in china lepin released the cloud city knockoff. It's incredibly stupid that they are going after fans.

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Makes more sense. Still don't get thier priorities, but theft is, y'know, illegal.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Are we sure though? we all thought that it was real for march 1st-7th, too. Not trying to discredit you, just being cautious.

It's okay, I understand, no harm.

A picture of some kind of a poster was taken in a Lego store (Stoneridge Mall) it says the ff:

March 1st-7th - Unikitty Rollercoaster w/ any $25 purchase

March 1st - Mustang Keychain and Bumper sticker w/ purchase of Mustang (VIP only)

March 8th-10th - Marvel Minifigure pack w/ any $75 purchase

March14th-17th - BAM pack for $5 when you spend over $40

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Well to be fair, its pretty stupid that people actually buy them in the first place. People selling the new Cap off for $20, but then you could just wait and get the entire set at that price. No need to pay stupid money to get a figure earlier than everyone else

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The second Endgame trailer will release sometime in between the 11th and 21st of March so I think its pretty likely that we'll get the pictures of the sets on the same day as the trailer

A new trailer releasing doesn't necessarily mean that the sets will be shown on the same day. Everyone seems to jump on the idea that a certain event means that the sets are likely to be revealed, but it is just possible for the sets to be revealed on just any random day

4 hours ago, nikhkin said:

If Disney believes that a licensing partner is being careless with confidential material and/or not doing everything in their power to prosecute those who steal and/or distribute it, Disney will absolutely sever their relationship with that partner. Marvel isn’t a top-selling line for LEGO, but Star Wars, Toy Story, Disney Minifigures, etc. absolutely are. 

Edited by BrickSantorum

I emailed LEGO support and they replied that the date for the mini figure pack is was pushed to the 8-10th, so that should confirm that. 

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

A new trailer releasing doesn't necessarily mean that the sets will be shown on the same day. Everyone seems to jump on the idea that a certain event means that the sets are likely to be revealed, but it is just possible for the sets to be revealed on just any random day

While true that it does not necessarily need to be tied to an event - it would be better if Marvel released a new trailer that includes Rescue before the Avengers Headquarters/Compound set is revealed and likely contains her figure. The other appearances of Rescue have been via leaks either via the actress taking selfies OR images of a toy that wont be released until later in the year - so this would be the first official appearance of Rescue.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Told ya^ :sweet:

I mean you said 14-17 first and said you got word of it. The promo calendar is on Reddit r/lego and says, as many others have coroborated, that is the 8-10.

@Legocity2713 Got that information few hours ago in IG. This was a mistake on my part, either way there you have with the confirmation, sorry for confusing you folks. 

2 hours ago, VBBN said:

I email LEGO support and they replied that the date for the mini figure pack is was pushed to the 8-10th, so that should confirm that. 

So that's that I guess. Would have been nice to get them alongside endgame sets, or at least have a lower threshold to get it, but i guess it appears in the US now so it's not the worst situation and prices will go down on bricklink.

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So that's that I guess. Would have been nice to get them alongside endgame sets, or at least have a lower threshold to get it, but i guess it appears in the US now so it's not the worst situation and prices will go down on bricklink.

Its a smart decision from a business perspective

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Its a smart decision from a business perspective

I would argue more people would wait to buy the endgame sets directly from them or just buy more of the endgame stuff overall (this thread is evidence of the disappointment with the wave) if the bricktober pack was a GWP with it people would spend money on random sets and stuff to get the bricktober pack. I, for one, will wait until prices drop on bricklink.