Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Yeah it was that report that I was referring to. Don’t forget that Harry Potter had a lot of hype because the theme was returning. The sets this year probably won’t sell as well as the initial wave. The bubble thing makes sense, but I’m not in an mcu bubble, I’m just as much of a fan of Harry Potter.

I think there are definately more marvel fans than HP fans but you have to remember, as you say, that this was a big year for HP, where a lot of adults bought sets due to nostalgia. Most marvel fans aren't going to shell out money on sets that don't resemble iconic things from the films, and with the marvel sets being very play-oriented, people just don't recognize the smaller outrider ship, portion of wakandan wall, guardians new ship we see from exterior for about 10 seconds, etc.

It looks to me like the stealth suit printing is similar to fury's printing under the coat. Just an observation.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think there are definately more marvel fans than HP fans but you have to remember, as you say, that this was a big year for HP, where a lot of adults bought sets due to nostalgia. Most marvel fans aren't going to shell out money on sets that don't resemble iconic things from the films, and with the marvel sets being very play-oriented, people just don't recognize the smaller outrider ship, portion of wakandan wall, guardians new ship we see from exterior for about 10 seconds, etc.

The ''wakandan wall'' wasn't even in the movie though

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It looks to me like the stealth suit printing is similar to fury's printing under the coat. Just an observation.

What do you mean?

Yeah as others have stated the iconic builds are more of a draw than something like Cap’s disc shooting motorcycle.

I also think there are more female fans of HP than female fans of Superheroes as superheroes are always marketed as more of a boy thing even with the likes of Black Widow, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman doing big things. I mean Marvel has probably noticed this and starting with Captain America: Civil War (according the Russo brothers) and GOTG2 have started making female characters more attainable in sets. 

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

Mysterio and Fury are both coming in the biggest set, right?

That is just an assumption but it makes the most sense to me

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Also, has anyone ever really noticed how Superheroes are never on the top selling themes lists? I used to think that it was because it was one theme sit in two, when compared to the likes of Star Wars and ninjago that get a billion sets every year. But the 2018 lego group report reveals that Harry Potter and Jurassic World were among the usual best sellers. Considering infinity War and Black Panther came out last year, that’s surprising. No wonder Lego doesn’t put money into the sets if they don’t sell as well as those themes

The circle of life... Superhero sets don't sell well, LEGO can't afford to make all the figures have arm and leg printing, everyone complains that LEGO are lazy and thus don't buy the sets, so they have less money to improve on the next wave

8 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Nothing has been confirmed yet. 

25 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It seems logical. What I could see LEGO do is put the Stealth Suit in the smallest set and then put the Red and black suit in the other sets since according to some info it would be his main suit in the MCU going forward.

5 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

I think the problem with Marvel sets is that the minifigs are the main selling point, while most of the time the sets themselves aren't really iconic vehicles or buildings. Compare that to Star Wars or Harry Potter, whose sets are usually instantly recognizable and iconic. 

Outside of sets like the Milano, Hulkbuster and maybe Quinjets, consumers may not recognize the main builds of Marvel sets and instead decide to buy something more recognizable like an X-Wing or the Hogwarts Express.

Totally agreed. I'm glad that LEGO decided to make Super Heroes sets (it's what got me into being an AFOL, actually), but it's a weird fit for what they do. Honestly, I think they'd have more success with annual SH CMF lines and lots and lots of $15 - 30 builds with 2-3 minifigs each. But I'm not the world's largest toy company, so what do I know? :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The ''wakandan wall'' wasn't even in the movie though

My point exactly

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

What do you mean?

so the printing between the sides of the coat looks like the printing on the stealth suit to me. I'm thinking maybe this stealth suit uses parts of standard shield tech so maybe the printing there is some sort of body armor/bulletproof vest he has. or maybe I'm reading to much into this and the printing looks nothing alike.:shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

My point exactly

so the printing between the sides of the coat looks like the printing on the stealth suit to me. I'm thinking maybe this stealth suit uses parts of standard shield tech so maybe the printing there is some sort of body armor/bulletproof vest he has. or maybe I'm reading to much into this and the printing looks nothing alike.:shrug_oh_well:

That set was supposed to be based off of the building where vision was having his IS extracted from his forehead by shuri, calling it a "wall" was a bit of a stretch on TLG's part

Higher resolution images of the instruction manual photos of the three leaked sets are out there. It's now clearer to see that the sides of the boxes have different members of the Avengers on there. The Chitauri Torso print is also slightly more visible, is unlikely to work with the older Chitauri printed legs (for those considering potentially using them)

8 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

After seeing the hi-res pictures, I still don’t like Captain America’s bike. I don’t know what Hawkeye’s trike is.

But man do I love that Super-Quinjet.

where do you see the photos? 

25 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

:laugh: I might sound a loser but where you guys seeing it?

15 minutes ago, legovitor1842 said:

where do you see the photos? 

Instagram, under the “Top” section of the usual tag 

Ohhh. My mistake I thought it was a HD pictures/scanned. I've seen this. (Feb 15)

Thanks though. Appreciate it. That's why I'm asking myself I don't have info in it. :laugh:

Although I still won't be picking up the quinjet, as I want to save some money for the FFH sets and I'm buying at least 3 other endgame sets, It looks a lot nicer in this photo.My opinion on the bike is the same: an oversized kids toy that will be a useful parts/figure pack. (I neeeeed those orange power bursts.). :excited: I think the bike may be similar to the outrider dropsip in that it's kind of accurate, but at the wrong scale. Have NO idea what is going on with that trike though. I still can't get a good look at those chitauri torso prints.:sad:

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So, higher quality pics confirmed my suspicions, Chitauri don't have leg prints and look so plain...

Could it be just like what happened in 2016 with Vader’s TIE fighter vs A-Wing from Rebels? Vader did not have legs printing on the box or on the instruction manual, but it did actually have legs printing on the real minifigure.

2 minutes ago, Casta16 said:

Could it be just like what happened in 2016 with Vader’s TIE fighter vs A-Wing from Rebels? Vader did not have legs printing on the box or on the instruction manual, but it did actually have legs printing on the real minifigure.

That's a long shot at best. 

59 minutes ago, Casta16 said:

I believe thats because it was dark printing on a dark piece, this is a pretty bright piece. Anyway, the chance of getting printed Chitauri legs are 0% now

Man that Mysterio is very well detailed. Honestly probably one of my new favorite figures. Hopefully the build he comes along with is good. 

39 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Man that Mysterio is very well detailed. Honestly probably one of my new favorite figures. Hopefully the build he comes along with is good. 

Apparently he comes in the Stark Plane set. The Elementals Hydro-Man and Molten Man may have builds similar to Groot from the first Guardians of the Galaxy. A civilian minifigure is also appearing in one of the sets (Either Michelle, Flash or Ned) and there might be a bridge build.

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017