Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I did wonder how they would carry off the helmet, as the existing one is 2x2 and in two parts. Any smaller would be difficult to work with Lego dimensions. This being one piece makes sense, even if it’s not to everyone’s taste. But hey, it’s Mysterio!

Not enough gold and too much purple to pass for the movie version we have seen so far, perhaps he'll have a different suit in the movie - otherwise it's innacurate. Too much gold to pass for a comic version. Kind of works as a variant in regards to detail but the fishbowl which should be a circle, is instead an oval. The fishbowl normally makes the design feel complete, here it seems to be too tall/stretched and whatever they were attempting with the interior does not work.

Kind of feels like Lego just google'd 'Mysterio MCU' and attempted to adapt this instead;
mysterio__mcu__by_gojinerd1999_dcouynw-f

Interest in the figure has decreased, though appreciate that they gave us leg printing on Mysterio.

Edited by Scarilian

I don't know how much I love the fig, if we're just talking how much this fits the general Mysterio design, not trying to match it to a particular version, I'd say it's a bit too techy, and a bit too dark.  Green or even bright green fits a wider number of his appearances over time.

That's certainly a very Mysterio headpiece (or piece combo), though.

But now that they have a headpiece, maybe in a year or two they'll put out a version that borrows a few influences from the movie but sticks closer to various classic incarnations, like they did with the recent Vulture.

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Not enough gold and too much purple to pass for the movie version we have seen so far, perhaps he'll have a different suit in the movie - otherwise it's innacurate. Too much gold to pass for a comic version. Kind of works as a variant in regards to detail but the fishbowl which should be a circle, is instead an oval. The fishbowl normally makes the design feel complete, here it seems to be too tall/stretched and whatever they were attempting with the interior does not work.

Kind of feels like Lego just google'd 'Mysterio MCU' and attempted to adapt this instead;

Interest in the figure has decreased, though appreciate that they gave us leg printing on Mysterio.

Lego works with outdated concept art for marvel sets, figures always look different from their movie counterpart. This should be blamed on marvel themselves, not lego

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

Mysterio is incredible. Between this and the stealth suit torso, the Far From Home wave has got me excited already.

It at least makes me more excited than the, at this point, incredibly disappointing Endgame wave

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, what shade of purple is his cape supposed to be there? :shrug_confused:

I think it's the same as Ocean Master in the recent DC set. 

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

Mysterio is incredible. Between this and the stealth suit torso, the Far From Home wave has got me excited already.

IKR! I'll just wait for them to have the Ditko suit and I'm more than happy! :laugh: Won't care for others. But I wish for a MJ figure.

This piece should work as an additional gold for Mysterio. 

Wow Mysterio looks amazing! Hopefully it'll end up being accurate to what we end up seeing in the movie. 

I’ve had a theory that in the movie he’ll lose the gold thorlike armor at some point to reveal his more iconic green patterning once it becomes clear that he’s actually a villain. 

I’ve compared it to the still from the trailer and it looks accurate, as if the gold part was just taken off, which I’d prefer anyway.

Just now, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I’ve had a theory that in the movie he’ll lose the gold thorlike armor at some point to reveal his more iconic green patterning once it becomes clear that he’s actually a villain. 

I’ve compared it to the still from the trailer and it looks accurate, as if the gold part was just taken off, which I’d prefer anyway.

That's what I'm saying when I describe the figure. Printing is accurate but the dark green is more dominant. 

20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This piece should work as an additional gold for Mysterio. 

This piece would work well too. Especially since you could put a trans-purple stud on the front

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

This piece would work well too. Especially since you could put a trans-purple stud on the front

Yeah depends on your taste, but the purpose of Thanos armor is not to block the beautiful printing on the torso just to balance the gold color for the minifigure.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah depends on your taste, but the purpose of Thanos armor is not to block the beautiful printing on the torso just to balance the gold color for the minifigure.

Thats true, might have to bricklink a few of the Thanos armor pieces

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

According to ninoleaks theres a chance the Armor Room and Compound sets will get released after the movie comes out 

Saw his story too but I don’t think that’s the case. Infinity War sets also showed only 3 sets in the instructions. 

I doubt the late release as it would need to be justified by the set including something considered a massive spoiler;

• The armour room we know has three Iron Man armours, it is unlikely to include another in the form of Rescue (the only reason for a set to be delayed slightly) as a result.
  • The compound i could potentially see getting a delayed release as it seems more likely to include Rescue and other aspects they may want to obscure, especially if it is a figure focused set.

Wow! Mysterio looks great! I echo the small gripe all around that more gold would be nice, but hey new mold, leg, and toe printing! LEGO really didn’t hold back! I think the head and helmet are one piece and glued at the top, similar to the ghost rider head. I’m so happy it’s a new mold, Sandy’s helmet was far too big and flimsy. 

Love Mysterio, he looks great. 2 suits confirmed, I guess. His other look isn't too hard to MOC either. FFH is shaping up to be a good wave, hopefully the builds won't disappoint.

Really hoping the rumour of half the Endgame sets being released after the movie is not true. It would just be annoying.