Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just because concept art is available to us now doesn't mean it was also available when lego was designing the figures

Yup. I don't really have a sense of when LEGO finalizes their designs for production, but I'm guessing they have to lock everything for production months in advance. And considering that the licensor approval process for Marvel/Disney is so much more rigorous than most other licensors -- plus the fact that they're (rightly) paranoid about leaks -- it's very likely that the MCU set and minifig designs have to be locked even further in advance, and well before the final post-production on the films themselves.

The general consensus on here is that LEGO is being "lazy" or "cheap" with the MCU figs, but I think it's actually a case of making concessions to a pretty unforgiving production timeline -- keeping the details vague (to limit conflicts with the version that appears on the screen), avoiding more elaborate production techniques (like additional printing or dual-molding), etc.

Iron Man mk. 1 is a good example. LEGO knew exactly what this suit would look like, because it's been on film for 10 years. And they did an incredible job of bringing it to life.

Just now, Afolkingdom said:

Concept Art does not mean that Lego cannot do arm printing.  Look to the MCU Spiderman fig as an example.  I think Lego fans just wish they Marvel figs were as detailed as Lego Batman or DC figs. 

DC figures seem to honestly be in the same boat as Marvel is right now - minimal leg printing, not really any detailing on arm side printing and reuse of heads - the only time we got highly detailed DC figures across a whole wave was for Lego Batman Movie, which is completely different as the movie had a much higher budget than most sets. Over in the DC thread complaints are very much abound with the Shazam figure lacking leg or arm printing, Poison Ivy being a significant downgrade from the movie version without printed legs or hair, etc. I feel that both DC and Marvel figures are in a bit of a rut and in the same boat when it comes to lack of detail...

Just now, BrickSantorum said:

Iron Man mk. 1 is a good example. LEGO knew exactly what this suit would look like, because it's been on film for 10 years. And they did an incredible job of bringing it to life.

This actually a solid point here. Couldn't agree more. 

I just bought the endgame cap fig off of Ebay and the shield is the same as the 2012 one. Maybe there is a new shield in the official release but regardless it looks nice. The skintone on the face looks like it will be worn out after a while

22 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I just bought the endgame cap fig off of Ebay and the shield is the same as the 2012 one. Maybe there is a new shield in the official release but regardless it looks nice. The skintone on the face looks like it will be worn out after a while

Any chance you could post/share pics of how the helmet lines up on other heads? If you've got any Rebel Troopers, they'd be the ones I'm most interested in, but if not I'd be interested in others too.

Just now, N_Cat said:

Any chance you could post/share pics of how the helmet lines up on other heads? If you've got any Rebel Troopers, they'd be the ones I'm most interested in, but if not I'd be interested in others too.

I'm not a big star wars guy, but I can put them on other figs

Mysterio fishbowl description by Ninoleaks:

''Looks like the old fish bowl piece but with a light grey long piece in it, which is bigger and longer than a minifigure head''

Cape is the same as Ocean Master btw

An image of mysterio has leaked. Can't say I'm a big fan of it, the suit almost reminds me of a purple/green superman suit. Oh well, at least the helmet is kinda nice.

Just now, TOTDForever said:

Mysterio leaked. He looks AWESOME

Is that supposed to be an unprinted Metallic Silver minifigure head seen under there? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Is that supposed to be an unprinted Metallic Silver minifigure head seen under there? :shrug_confused:

Its definetely taller than a normal head

Not sure how I feel about the helmet. Image is a bit dark, so I'll reserve judgement. Love the torso and legs though!! Sad to see no dual molded arms, but I'm just glad, that after 7 years, we've got im!

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I like the figure, even though there isn’t much gold. The new mold looks awesome and I just hope he comes with a head and hair too.

If he does come with face and hair I think the captain.america from Infinity War is the best for the face. Not sure about what hair to use

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks to the guy who post it.

I think he will also have the whole fig of stealth suit soon. Yay.

YES!!!!

Mysterio looks nice, I believe that that's an unprinted metallic silver head, but the helmet distorts it, kind of like a magnifying glass.

11 minutes ago, StarLord said:

If he does come with face and hair I think the captain.america from Infinity War is the best for the face. Not sure about what hair to use

I think clone wars Anakin's hairpiece would work 

Also to add a little bit of gold for him, I think Mighty Micros Thanos armor piece will balance the look. I'll also personally use 3rd party accessories such as vambraces in gold. Ugh can't wait for it on hand. :grin_wub: