Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I really wanna know why lego are cheating out on marvel. It doesn’t even seem to be affecting DC, their dogs get new prints and moulds more than marvel does (I bet that without that firefly set we wouldn’t have gotten the ant man helmet mould.) I just really wanna know. People keep telling me that Lego are cutting corners with dogs across the board... but are they? Look at Star Wars, Harry Potter and Jurassic World and tell me that they’re being affected like marvel.

i just find it so bizarre because:

Star Wars I buy for the ships

harry Potter for the locations and vehicles

jurassic park for the dinos

but superheroes most people buy for the minifigures! I would instantly buy the endgame set, or the captain marvel set if the figures looked any good, but they couldn’t even continue Cap’s red print onto her waist. It’s just so disappointing 

This is so true! Marvel minifigs have been decreasing in quality for 3-4 years now. Look no further than new Chitauri compared to 2012 ones. Night and day difference! And QR suits being used to cheap out on making new minifig prints is just so disappointing! 

Is just that LEGO thinks they will still sell sets like hotcakes even they don't put efforts on minifigures (and they are actually correct) we complain but we buy.

TLG is taking us for granted. Lol. Imagine the level of detailing for all minifigures same as Bricktober pack. Dang that would be epic.

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Is just that LEGO thinks they will still sell sets like hotcakes even they don't put efforts on minifigures (and they are actually correct) we complain but we buy.

TLG is taking us for granted. Lol. Imagine the level of detailing for all minifigures same as Bricktober pack. Dang that would be epic

I have a doubt when we can see mystery or have you seen it?

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

TLG is taking us for granted. Lol. Imagine the level of detailing for all minifigures same as Bricktober pack. Dang that would be epic.

You’re forgetting that the majority of LEGO sets are made for kids and teens. People who the products aren’t made for are not being taken for granted since we truly don’t count in LEGO’s decisions. Printing cost a lot of money and LEGO would rather be able to make more sets than ale the sets appeal to adults who quite frankly shouldn’t be buying toys. Toys are meant to be played with, not displayed.

14 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

You’re forgetting that the majority of LEGO sets are made for kids and teens. People who the products aren’t made for are not being taken for granted since we truly don’t count in LEGO’s decisions. Printing cost a lot of money and LEGO would rather be able to make more sets than ale the sets appeal to adults who quite frankly shouldn’t be buying toys. Toys are meant to be played with, not displayed.

I'm sorry to say this but what a bunch of whooey! If that is your attitude about adults buying toys then i think you should find another forum.

18 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Adults should not be buying toys? Toys should be played with and not displayed? We'll decide that for ourselves! If this is the only thing you can add to this discussion please take your ''opinion'' elsewhere

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Adults should not be buying toys? Toys should be played with and not displayed? We'll decide that for ourselves! If this is the only thing you can add to this discussion please take your ''opinion'' elsewhere

We are AFOL for a reason lol

56 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Nope, they are not. Think about who has the buying power, lego is not cheap. If Lego think that way, They won’t exist anymore.

Edited by WYC

1 hour ago, legogoblin2099 said:

I think you're severely underestimating the demographic of kids and teens. When I was a kid, I would've scoffed at this line, because not only are the builds pretty disappointed, but all the figures (the main reason anyone is buying these) look terrible. Pair that with the Lego review channels which openly share criticisms of these sets, and I think kids are going to be pretty disappointed too. Also, if you really think that people displaying these sets and that "adults who quite frankly shouldn't be buying these toys" has no effect on Lego's market and decisions, you should look at the Overwatch, Lego Ideas and UCS lines. You should probably look for a different forum too, since you "quite frankly" shouldn't be discussing the purchase of toys if you aren't a child.

Yikes. I don’t think most people realize how many adults buy lego. We grew up in the Lego golden age. Kids today get iPads for Christmas so they aren’t as into a hands on, brain racking experience like building lego. We didn’t get this far by listening to naysayers! Ultimately it’s just a toy and we can get far too heated about it (myself definitely included) but it is a very lovely hobby, and I’m always very excited to buy new sets, even the ones that don’t appeal to me as much as other sets. I personally can’t wait for the Endgame wave, I love the team suits and I love the army building bad guys, and sometimes it just comes down to the novelty of getting the new sets

Lego mostly sells their products to kids. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t a fair share of adult buyers. Also it doesn’t mean Lego can’t make better minifigures.

I will still get this sets. All the Avengers in the QR suits will look good in the minifiguredisplay.

1 hour ago, LegoNetherlands said:

All the Avengers in the QR suits will look good in the minifiguredisplay.

I still hope either that we get a figure with the arm printing for the Quantum Realm Suits (A white arm with an Avengers logo) or that someone makes a custom of it. Would be nice having a fully printed squad, if the suits play a large role in the movie.

This is somewhat off topic but, I was wondering what you all thought about Lego basing sets off of some phase one movies(Ironman, The Incredible Hulk, Thor etc) that they did not make sets for. As opposed to the non stop spiderman sets they keep making.

7 minutes ago, mgetz said:

This is somewhat off topic but, I was wondering what you all thought about Lego basing sets off of some phase one movies(Ironman, The Incredible Hulk, Thor etc) that they did not make sets for. As opposed to the non stop spiderman sets they keep making.

That would be awesome. More Hulks are good, we could get a Mark 3 Iron Man, old Thor with his updated hair colour - if they did The First Avenger we could even get minifigs of Howard Stark and Peggy Carter. 

That said, this year's Spider-Man fog does look great . . and if they continue this line we might someday get Spider-Ham . . 

7 minutes ago, mgetz said:

I dunno if they can do it because of licensing issue.

But if we get to see some time travel shenanigans from future movies, this is somehow possible, just like were about to see in Endgame.

We will be having Mk 1, Mk5, M41 for each Iron man movies. 

As I remember both first movies of Iron man and Cap was licensed for Megablocks ( someone correct me if I'm wrong) so a direct tie-in is not possible.

Do you guys think LEGO will do an official reveal of the Captain Marvel set in the week the film premieres? even do a Lego version of the poster?

I follow quite a few lego guys on instagram and the Cpatina Marvel set just kind of...apppeared. Am i wrong? did LEGO officially announce it and i missed it - like on their webpage or instagram?

ALSO AROUND WHICH DATE IN MARCH WOULD WE SEE OFFICIAL IMAGES OF ENDGAME SETS IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE MARCH 31?

Edited by BusterNut31

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

Do you guys think LEGO will do an official reveal of the Captain Marvel set once the week the film premieres? even do a Lego version of the poster?

I can see a poster happening. Lego usually do that thing. 

29 minutes ago, mgetz said:

Ah yes! just like they do with every inch of Star Wars original trilogy.

Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger could use some sets.

Thor could have either the Shield base around Moljnir with those white tube style tents or a set based on the rainbow bridge.

Avengers 1 could have some more sets too. We have the Quintet but what about some more New York Scenes to finish the battle. Maybe one of the Grand Central station Park Ave Viaduct. 

Edited by BusterNut31

18 hours ago, hamton52 said:

Eurobricks in a nutshell

:iamded_lol::roflmao: So true. half the people here think that lego has a direct plug to their inner thoughts and makes the sets for them alone.

10 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

This is so true! Marvel minifigs have been decreasing in quality for 3-4 years now. Look no further than new Chitauri compared to 2012 ones. Night and day difference! And QR suits being used to cheap out on making new minifig prints is just so disappointing! 

i didn't realize the chitauri didn't have lego printing. that's annoying. But the quantum suits are not lego's fault as the characters will assumably wear them for much of the film.

5 hours ago, WYC said:

Nope, they are not. Think about who has the buying power, lego is not cheap. If Lego think that way, They won’t exist anymore.

Lego is first and foremost a children's toy. I have nothing against people buying and displaying sets, but kids make up the majority of their purchases. Most kids 6-12 that i know have a ton of legos.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I can see a poster happening. Lego usually do that thing. 

Wym? The Lego set already came out for captain marvel

Just now, TOTDForever said:

Wym? The Lego set already came out for captain marvel

I think he's referring to lego post it on their page as an official news or somehow announcement with the movie.

Yeah it's available for about a month now? and I have the set. :wink:

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

But Star Wars is one of the best selling themes, why don’t they cheap out there? The ships are the selling point for those anyway