Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Captain America Outrider Attack: 167 pieces $20

War Machine Buster: 362 pieces $35

Iron Man Armor Room: 524 pieces $60

Ultimate Quinjet: 832 pieces $80

Avengers Compound: 699 pieces $100

Thank you!

I rarely complain about Lego's choices. But this time I can not do without: 3 sets with the same minifigure repeated 7 times? And recycled villains? Cap's bike is horrible, the Quinjet set is poor, the minifigures are poor, and Hulk is missing in the quantum suit! The only positive aspect would have been to view the whole team with the suit, but we can not! And we will not even have the team with the new non-quantum uniforms, because the remaining slots exclude it. So: too many repetitions, recycled villains, recycled bigfigs and missing characters. What a sadness. I was expecting the best Marvel line ever, for the biggest Marvel film ever, and instead ...

It would be awesome if the Hall of Armours looks like a piece of the Avengers Compound from the back and connects to the actual Compound set. Would both enlarge the Compound itself and give the Hall a proper place!

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would be awesome if the Hall of Armours looks like a piece of the Avengers Compound from the back and connects to the actual Compound set. Would both enlarge the Compound itself and give the Hall a proper place!

That’s possible, but as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, I’d rather have a modular hall of armor so more suits can be added later on.

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Ok, these aren't team suits they are QR suits used to survive in that environment.

That’s still theorised. They are all white, they all have the Avengers logo on, and they are worn by members of the team. The ‘watch’ purpose is still only a theory as nothing has been confirmed in order to maintain suspense and intrigue. They wear ‘unique’ versions of the suit because they are designed around and compensate for their existing suits. 

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

As far as quality goes, sure side arm and leg prints are usually in more expensive sets. But just compare 2012 Avengers sets and this 2019 Avengers 4 sets and you'll see how minifigure quality decreased over 7 years. Just compare Outriders and Chitauri and Ultron bots. How come older minifigure have better prints?!

TLG themselves stated that they had made too many bricks. This was as much a fact as a metaphor, as it covers all elements of the company and their production. This includes licensed theme saturation (Superheroes, Mighty Micros and Superhero Girls), misjudged market expansion (Dimensions), themes consisting of mostly large sets (Minecraft), and minifigure over exuberance (dual moulding and limb printing).

It takes a long time to steer away from such overconfidence, and Lego are working hard on this, which means that certain things have to give. In a very short time period fans have gone from having occasional arm printing to loads of arm printing to hardly any, and unfortunately despite being AFOLs some can’t handle this change in a mature and dignified way. If you were to berate the company’s penchant for recycling sets and overusing minifigures, like in the case of Batman I would be more inclined to agree, but you have to remember that we are not the key demographic. 

19 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

That’s still theorised. They are all white, they all have the Avengers logo on, and they are worn by members of the team. The ‘watch’ purpose is still only a theory as nothing has been confirmed in order to maintain suspense and intrigue. They wear ‘unique’ versions of the suit because they are designed around and compensate for their existing suits. 

TLG themselves stated that they had made too many bricks. This was as much a fact as a metaphor, as it covers all elements of the company and their production. This includes licensed theme saturation (Superheroes, Mighty Micros and Superhero Girls), misjudged market expansion (Dimensions), themes consisting of mostly large sets (Minecraft), and minifigure over exuberance (dual moulding and limb printing).

It takes a long time to steer away from such overconfidence, and Lego are working hard on this, which means that certain things have to give. In a very short time period fans have gone from having occasional arm printing to loads of arm printing to hardly any, and unfortunately despite being AFOLs some can’t handle this change in a mature and dignified way. If you were to berate the company’s penchant for recycling sets and overusing minifigures, like in the case of Batman I would be more inclined to agree, but you have to remember that we are not the key demographic. 

Meanwhile they still give every D-grade Star Wars nobody exclusive molds. 

2 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Meanwhile they still give every D-grade Star Wars nobody exclusive molds. 

Star Wars makes them the most money, so they invest more in it. It’s not that complicated. Basically, Lego fans will just complain no matter what. I’m not trying to be disrespectful or argumentative but I really don’t understand the complaints here. We knew these team suits would appear because that is what’s being marketed on all fronts. I’m glad because it’s a unique version of the characters. Of course I hope we get other versions too but I do love these team suits. They are not bad figures at all. And we still have two sets to see so let’s at least hold the complaints until we’ve seen everything

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Funny how everyone complains about figures and their design and lack of lego/arm/side printing. When I was complaining about lack of arm printing on new Iron man suits (especially Mk 5) everyone critisized me :) Strange. where are those Lego defenders now? :)

Some of the new suits needed arm printing for accuracy, but it's understandable why they dont and the figures are still great without it - only bones/mark 41 suffers in my viewpoint as we have no option of a replacement and the level of detail means a replacement is unlikely to ever be found. Meanwhile the Mark 1 could use the Tinman arms and the Mark 5 could potentially borrow the Silver Centurion arms from the polybag as a replacement which would increase its accuracy.

33 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Actually, at this point, AFOL's and older teenagers are the primary demographic - those who have been following the MCU for its lifespan of 10 years. Obviously it needs to appeal to younger fans also, but the appeal of license sets has always been the figures - Star Wars gets new moulds and printing for virtually every character, DC gets a new version of Batman in almost every set. The MCU is the highest grossing franchise in the world and instead of using the marketting techniques that they use for other themes, they seem to be incredibly inconsistent regarding focus and quality. E.g. Not capitalising on the many variations of Iron Man suits

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Star Wars makes them the most money, so they invest more in it. It’s not that complicated

Star Wars used to make money... it'd be interesting to see how much the Force Awakens, Rogue One, Last Jedi and Solo did in regards to Lego sales. Pretty sure they would follow the same decline as other Star Wars merchandise which is still shelfwarming to this day. That is not factoring in the license fee being a lot higher for Star Wars sets.

Also, if you are going to pull the 'makes the most money' card then you should consider that the MCU is the highest grossing franchise in the world with a massive audience of fans - they could be making so much money off the MCU based Lego sets, but instead they just dont bother sometimes leading to inconsistent quality of sets and not making it easy for people to justify the purchase.

I expect the reasoning behind it is along the lines of 'eh, enough people will buy it anyway' in regards to some sets.

Edited by Scarilian

I think one issue is that lego doesn’t consistently make MCU sets like with Star Wars. They do one wave for each movie, some small some big, and that’s it. Star Wars gets sets for the entire saga every year, with remakes and updates all the time. I would love for this to be the case with MCU sets as well. Now that would make money. Especially going back to make sets based on the films we never got any sets from.

Comparing Marvel to SW sets kinda makes sense, since both are owned by Disney. When we get new head molds for Teebo and Guavian Enforcers, characters who appear only for a few moments in TFA! But we can’t get leg prints and accurate face for Captain Marvel. A main character who gets to lead her own movie! This is just beyond reasonable to me.

Edited by benderisgreat

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There’s going to be a compound set? When was that leaked? Is it the Thanos battle set?

Just now, Whovastron said:

There’s going to be a compound set? When was that leaked? Is it the Thanos battle set? 

A name leak coupled with speculation because of the Avengers compound being featured in the box art. I think people may be overhyping it though considering it does not have many pieces and was described in the past as being focused around figures. It's believed that the Mark 85, Thanos and Prof.Hulk will be in the biggest set.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Well said. There's not being happy with how a figure looks, which is fine, but then there's just slating the entire company because people feel like they're entitled to only the best

Also apparently there's an Endgame D2C? Did we know this? Could this be the Avengers Facility?

Edited by Quicksilver838

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also apparently there's an Endgame D2C? Did we know this? Could this be the Avengers Facility?

Where did you hear that?

It’s been mentioned on Instagram. I find it odd but I REALLY hope it’s true. I’d love another Marvel D2C (that’s preferably from Infinity War or Endgame this time- the Hulkbuster was cool but I wish it had been IW focused). It’s kind of late to be hearing about it though. 

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well said. There's not being happy with how a figure looks, which is fine, but then there's just slating the entire company because people feel like they're entitled to only the best

Also apparently there's a D2C set? Did we know this? Could this be the Avengers Facility?

My thoughts exactly. I really hope that it is the direct to consumer if there is one.

But is there an open slot for the D2C? As in the D2C list. Or does that list change throughout the year (I always thought the one we get in the beginning of the year is all we get)?

Just now, Kevii23 said:

But is there an open slot for the D2C? As in the D2C list. Or does that list change throughout the year (I always thought the one we get in the beginning of the year is all we get)?

It's just a rumour.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's just a rumour.

I know, but is there an open slot in the D2C list that could justify this rumour?

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, there are pictures of new Ant-Man (not the box art ones). He has the same face as from A&W set, the hair is dark brown and short.

Is it Hawkeye hair? It seems like most fitting one for Scott Lang.