Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

While I agree with you that we probably would've heard by now about another set releasing later on, I'm pretty sure last year no one really knew for sure whether we were getting an Ant-Man and the Wasp set. So maybe (wishful thinking) we'll be surprised again this year!

Pretty much the case with the Ant-man and the Wasp set was that no one knew it existed or was coming till roughly when it showed up on shelves if i'm not mistaken and its a Walmart Exclusive, and with that Captain Marvel set didn't no one know we would be getting one till it showed up on shelves? Hopefully we get a spoiler set or two in the summer given how massive and under wraps of a movie End Game is, I really want Rescue, Ronin, and Valkyrie (since its likely shes in it given action figure leak) 

As for my opinion on the sets, the Captain America bike is just another over-sized bike but kinda like it, War Machine buster looks amazing love the use of the firefly helmet for Ant-man (still feel they had Ant-man and Wasp in mind when creating the helmet given how perfect it fits the design) and the Quinjet looks nice don't own one so its one I want to pick up but I can't help but feel that it looks like something out of Nexo Knights with the dark blue and trans neon orange. 

28 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Are we sure there is only 5 sets?

There were 6 sets for the first 3 avengers movies. Seems strange there would be one less in the biggest movie.

I wouldn't expect anything. When you see a pattern in LEGO releases its just a coincidence most of the time

28 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

There were 6 sets for the first 3 avengers movies. Seems strange there would be one less in the biggest movie.

Also seems strange that we'd get a load of repeat minifig parts, Nexo Knights vehicles and what is effectively a recoloured Hulkbuster, but there you go. Lego doesn't care about Marvel.

57 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

AoU was the only one with 6 sets :wink: The first film had 4 sets (5 if you count the Helicarrier) and IW had 5 since the UCS Hulkbuster was based on AoU (so 7 sets for that movie in total).

Edited by Lego-Freak

Does the set being in store now mean that we'll get a March release after all? It would'nt make much sense for them to have gotten the set two months prior? I can easily see someone mistakingly putting out a March set in February, not so much in regards to an April set in February...

9 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Has it ever been mentioned that they might not have the budget in the Marvel lines to give everyone arm/leg printing?

By giving a single QRS figure arm printing, people could have got duplicates for every QRS figure with arm printing - raising the appeal of the QRS.

9 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

At least it's not like the old days, when Loki had a one sided face and torso print.

Over $135 worth of sets leaked so far we get;

• 1 new torso & leg print (QRS Suit)
  • 1 new torso & head print (Chitauri)
  • 1 new head (Captain America)
  • 2 new helmets (Captain America & Ant-Man)
  • 1 new variant helmet (War Machine)

In comparison the armour room for $60 has;

• 3 new torso & leg print (Mark 1, Mark 5, Mark 41)
  • 3 new variant helmets (Mark 1, Mark 5, Mark 41)

Examining the sets themselves counting new figure pieces as the set they are introduced in;

• One new head, helmet, torso & leg piece in a $20 set
  • One new helmet and variant helmet in a $35 set
  • Three new armours with torso & leg printing with three variant helmets in the $60 set
  • One new head & torso piece in a $80 set

Can't we just cut LEGO some slack, at least they've made sets for Endgame and all these other films, all they get is crapped on by us

No. We should'nt 'cut LEGO some slack' simply because the sets exist. The whole point of buying a license to make sets based on the movies is so that they can make sets based on the movies - we should not ignore quality of figures (a massive factor in buying licensed theme sets) simply because it exists.

If your interest is the figures, what appeal does a recycled torso and leg piece coupled with recycled figures you army built last year offer? They can make great sets such as the 'Iron Man armour room' which from the three revealed suits is shaping up to be the best set of the wave - but the quality being so inconsistent is why it seems like people here are never happy with it. We see something excellent and before we have time to praise it or get hyped we find out information or see a set with odd design choices or simply lower quality despite being a higher price :tongue:

We have great things in this line such as Captain America's helmet, Ant-Man's helmet, Mk1, Mk5, Mk41 and Thanos getting arm printing - but they tend to get overshadowed by other more odd choices. Hope you understand what i mean.

Edited by Scarilian

So many pages of moaning. A few things struck me going through the last six pages; the suits are team, not QR suits, whether they appear or not.

The fact that everyone is wearing them has more to do with them being team suits and the Russos decision to have them than it is Lego being lazy. If they are given concept art to work on, they’re not going to go rogue to suit the AFOLs.

Thirdly, everyone complaining about minifigure quality has missed something that has been happening for a while now. Lego do make high quality figures, but reserve them for the top sets like the D2C. A perfect case in point is Batman from TLM2. In the small set with Metalbeard his suit detail is printed. In the vast Apocalypseburg set his details are dual moulded. I know that limits who can get them, but isn’t that the idea of exclusivity?

We knew the set number of Antman set. It was confirmed along with the IW wave. Problem is that we confused ourselves knowing we will get a 7th IW set because of the missing minifigures in the 10th Anniversary MCU poster. Later on, found out that figs are from Bricktober pack.

Same goes for Captain Marvel, we knew it was coming but no confirmation if we will be getting a set or two. 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

So many pages of moaning. A few things struck me going through the last six pages; the suits are team, not QR suits, whether they appear or not.

The fact that everyone is wearing them has more to do with them being team suits and the Russos decision to have them than it is Lego being lazy. If they are given concept art to work on, they’re not going to go rogue to suit the AFOLs.

Thirdly, everyone complaining about minifigure quality has missed something that has been happening for a while now. Lego do make high quality figures, but reserve them for the top sets like the D2C. A perfect case in point is Batman from TLM2. In the small set with Metalbeard his suit detail is printed. In the vast Apocalypseburg set his details are dual moulded. I know that limits who can get them, but isn’t that the idea of exclusivity?

Ok, these aren't team suits they are QR suits used to survive in that environment. And all characters so far in all promos wear their own unique suits. It seems like QR suits are going to be used only in 1 part of the movie.

As far as quality goes, sure side arm and leg prints are usually in more expensive sets. But just compare 2012 Avengers sets and this 2019 Avengers 4 sets and you'll see how minifigure quality decreased over 7 years. Just compare Outriders and Chitauri and Ultron bots. How come older minifigure have better prints?!

Edited by benderisgreat

I've got a picture of War machine buster back side of box, so the armor/suit has sticker saying "004.5"

My hopes for Mk5 are still alive! Be in the compound set please.

45 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

As far as quality goes, sure side arm and leg prints are usually in more expensive sets. But just compare 2012 Avengers sets and this 2019 Avengers 4 sets and you'll see how minifigure quality decreased over 7 years. Just compare Outriders and Chitauri and Ultron bots. How come older minifigure have better prints?!

The quality and quantity of prints on minifigure parts have definetely increased the last couple of years, which you can definetely see in the LEGO Movie 2 and Harry Potter sets. Its pretty much just the Super Heroes theme in general that has taken a few steps back, which is disappointing

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The quality and quantity of prints on minifigure parts have definetely increased the last couple of years, which you can definetely see in the LEGO Movie 2 and Harry Potter sets. Its pretty much just the Super Heroes theme in general that has taken a few steps back, which is disappointing

That's exactly what I'm saying! Sure it's probably unreasonable to expect Ninjago/Lego movie level of detail in licensed lines, but SW has much better minifigures in general. And even DC! Just compare WW minifigure from 16-17 movie sets to Captain Marvel minifigure in movie set. It's like day and night quality difference.

Wow, lot of leaks suddenly!

War Machine buster looks great, though a little slim, in my opinion. I was hoping for a bit of bulky armor. 

Captain America's bike reminds me of Judge Dredd's bike for some reason. Looks a bit too big if you ask me. Nice army builder though, for those into that.

The Quinjet actually looks fantastic, and it's so huge! Great figure selection as well, though I wonder what Black Widow will look like.

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Honestly, I don't like new antman helmet. Probably that's just me.

I agree. It doesn't look bad, but I prefer the previous/current one.

11 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Maybe that's so, but as a fan that doesn't help me swallow this pill any easier. From outside point of view it's clearly a degradation of minifigs quility in Marvel line.

"Pill to swallow"? My God, man, it's not like you've been diagnosed with a terminal disease.

Also, it's too bad all figs so far have the QR suits, but luckily some very awesome ones will show up in yet-to-be revealed sets :thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Just now, benderisgreat said:

That's exactly what I'm saying! Sure it's probably unreasonable to expect Ninjago/Lego movie level of detail in licensed lines, but SW has much better minifigures in general. And even DC! Just compare WW minifigure from 16-17 movie sets to Captain Marvel minifigure in movie set. It's like day and night quality difference.

Exactly, its crazy how Marvels figures are so poorly done when we know lego can make good figures. Just take the figures in Hogwarts Great Hall as an example:

New pieces: Hagrid body/arms/hair, Dumbledore hair, Quirrel turban, Harry hair, Hermione Hair

None of the figures have side-leg printing, armprinting or something dualmolded. But 3 out of the 10 figures (of which only 4 use normal sized legs) have printing on their legs.

Dang, there's a lot to catch up on since I last checked this thread, so forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but I love that the inclusion of Ant-Man in the War Machine Buster means we can do a role reversal of the "Tiny dude is big now" scene.

7 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Dang, there's a lot to catch up on since I last checked this thread, so forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but I love that the inclusion of Ant-Man in the War Machine Buster means we can do a role reversal of the "Tiny dude is big now" scene.

Hahaha good catch.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

AoU was the only one with 6 sets :wink: The first film had 4 sets (5 if you count the Helicarrier) and IW had 5 since the UCS Hulkbuster was based on AoU (so 7 sets for that movie in total).

IW had six sets. 

Funny how everyone complains about figures and their design and lack of lego/arm/side printing. When I was complaining about lack of arm printing on new Iron man suits (especially Mk 5) everyone critisized me :) Strange. where are those Lego defenders now? :)

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly, its crazy how Marvels figures are so poorly done when we know lego can make good figures. Just take the figures in Hogwarts Great Hall as an example:

New pieces: Hagrid body/arms/hair, Dumbledore hair, Quirrel turban, Harry hair, Hermione Hair

None of the figures have side-leg printing, armprinting or something dualmolded. But 3 out of the 10 figures (of which only 4 use normal sized legs) have printing on their legs.

Harry Potter has a far bigger budget than Marvel. It’s unfair to compare Marvel minifigures to a theme like Harry Potter that made a gigantic return after 7 years of being off shelves. You might as well complain that we don’t have a 6000 piece Avengers Tower set and that there’s no Marvel minifigure series. Marvel figures can’t be compared to themes that Lego puts more effort into and pours more money into. They can be compared to themes like DC that they should be on par with. 

I'm really liking the new quinjet. I like the previous ones pretty much, including the scaled down versions. This new one is the most similar to the first, but it's improved in design and I think it'll have the rotors built in the wings. Whit this beautiful build, I care less about the minifigs.:grin:

Cap's bike is a good figure and parts pack. War machine is ok too and I like the new Ant-Man helmet.

War Machine buster definitely improves on the mistakes of the last, but at the cost of it being larger than Giant Man. Eh, still think it's better than the worst lego bike in recent memory and the nexo knight jet.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

IW had six sets. 

You‘re right, my bad :blush: I counted the Weapon Quest and Milano sets as one set since I display them in their connected form :snicker: 

@ood0: Sure, it looks similar to the Nexo Knights colour scheme, but the film version will probably look like that as well (unless they‘ve changed the final design)

Quinjet looks pretty awesome, Buster is ok and I really don't like that bike.

On the minifigures side... I won't judge before seeing all the sets (and the movie), but I must admit I'm not really a huge fan of the QR suit / team suit to begin with, which is not Lego's fault.

So far I feel like I won't be liking Endgame sets as much as I did enjoy sets from the previous Avengers movies, but I remain hopeful!

Can anyone remind me of the piece count / price of the sets from this wave? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Kraby said:

Quinjet looks pretty awesome, Buster is ok and I really don't like that bike.

On the minifigures side... I won't judge before seeing all the sets (and the movie), but I must admit I'm not really a huge fan of the QR suit / team suit to begin with, which is not Lego's fault.

So far I feel like I won't be liking Endgame sets as much as I did enjoy sets from the previous Avengers movies, but I remain hopeful!

Can anyone remind me of the piece count / price of the sets from this wave? Thanks!

Captain America Outrider Attack: 167 pieces $20

War Machine Buster: 362 pieces $35

Iron Man Armor Room: 524 pieces $60

Ultimate Quinjet: 832 pieces $80

Avengers Compound: 699 pieces $100

Edited by TOTDForever