Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

The more I look at the M85, the more it’s growing on me. I think it’s a really sharp fig, and the gold arms don’t bug me like I thought they would. If these are the last Iron Man armors we get for a little while, we’re going out on a high note. 

3 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Does anyone know what kind of jet pack is on the MK 1 armor? Is it brick built or one of the new Star Wars ones?

I stated it a couple of pages back, it's the Starwars. 

I know it may be too early to judge, but I really dislike this minifigure. I know it's accurate, but it just doesn't look right. Torso is great, but I hate the arms and legs. No dual molding on both and no arm printing looks really bad.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know it may be too early to judge, but I really dislike this minifigure. I know it's accurate, but it just doesn't look right. Torso is great, but I hate the arms and legs. No dual molding on both and no arm printing looks really bad.

Agreed. The fig looks like a bad purist mod to the mark 50.

I was hoping for dual mold arms and legs but oh well, maybe someday we'll see a full on classic Iron-Man.

Below is a concept art adapted toy of the Mark 46 - in terms of design it is the closest to the concept art for the Mark 85 suit - though the arc reactor is the circular one as opposed to the triangular one. It definitely needed arm printing or something, even more so than the Mark 5 as this one is a direct split between gold and red. Dual molded arms would have been perfect... maybe in the distant future we'll get another figure with them so we can give them to the Mark 85 :def_shrug:
iron-man-mark-xlvi-concept-art-version_m

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Dual molded arms would have been perfect, but you're given what you get

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No dual molding on both and no arm printing looks really bad.

I agree with everyone the arms needed printing but they don't need dual molded arms. The red (which starts at the hands) doesn't go up high enough to justify dual molding, printing would've been nice though

I don't mind the arms myself. Personally I think the real issue is actually the legs. 

If the legs were dual moulded (not that I expect that, just an observation) then that shade of gold would be spread out more and I think the figure would look more balanced and visually pleasing, even without extra printing. 

As it stands though, the slightly muted colours in the legs (as a result of printing) make the arms stand out more. 

Still, the other armours are all solid so I don't mind. 

On 1/27/2019 at 6:59 PM, Shahennian said:

I put the first War Machine armor in my HOA for mark II. It's close enough and mark II was indeed the one taken by Rhodes in the movie.

Ha, I do that too! :purrr:

Not really sure what to think of the Mk85. The gold arms are okay, but the legs lack gold printing or molding. Plus the fact that the gold on the legs isn't as bright as the arms, so it doesn't really match :sceptic:

Regards, Mitch

57 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I don't mind the arms myself. Personally I think the real issue is actually the legs. 

If the legs were dual moulded (not that I expect that, just an observation) then that shade of gold would be spread out more and I think the figure would look more balanced and visually pleasing, even without extra printing. 

As it stands though, the slightly muted colours in the legs (as a result of printing) make the arms stand out more. 

Still, the other armours are all solid so I don't mind. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't like the arms either at first, and they could use some printed details, but the more I look at it the worse the legs look to me. I would have prefered un-printed dual molded legs to get more gold than what we got but it is what it is :def_shrug: hopefully I'll like it more in person or when official pics come out

Everyone here has a valid point about the legs and the arms, but what I'm actually thinking is this will be the same scenario as Mk 47, I myself rant it out when the first image was leaked then came the fig into my hands it actually looks good, just my 2 cents. 

I like the figure a lot, it’s accurate and it looks good. It just seems a little underwhelming after the leaks of the mk1, 5, and 41, which are just amazing

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Everyone here has a valid point about the legs and the arms, but what I'm actually thinking is this will be the same scenario as Mk 47, I myself rant it out when the first image was leaked then came the fig into my hands it actually looks good, just my 2 cents. 

But this issue is far worse, beacuse arms are more saturated and dark gold than on the legs, and they are more exposed, which makes the fig look bad.

Also, the golden arms are far more intensive than the rest of the minifig, and they make you look at those plain, unprinted and un-dualmolded arms.

32 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

For me, I'll wait til I get it on hand or a better picture will surface before judging it. 

Yeah, good point. The picture is kinda blurry, and the poster's name/signature is right at the hips, kinda giving me the feeling this might be another custom, aside from the torso piece.

Regards, Mitch

Honestly this is exactly what I thought this figure would look like. Sure I would have preferred dual molded arms but I think it still looks good without them.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

For me, I'll wait til I get it on hand or a better picture will surface before judging it. 

If u mean that picture posted on instagram, someone already stated that it was fake. 

2 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

If u mean that picture posted on instagram, someone already stated that it was fake. 

The one from yesterday? The torso and leg printing are both brand new, and while it's hard to tell from the image quality it doesn't look like a bootleg either. It's certainly possible that the arms and helmet were added on by the leaker, but going off leaked concept art it matches up just fine.

Just now, hamton52 said:

The one from yesterday? The torso and leg printing are both brand new, and while it's hard to tell from the image quality it doesn't look like a bootleg either. It's certainly possible that the arms and helmet were added on by the leaker, but going off leaked concept art it matches up just fine.

U r right...but if its real...well I prefere the older IW version.

11 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

There are two floating around IG. The first one was just a custom and was not real. The most recent one, however, seems to be the real thing

12 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Lol. Are you for real? I don't get why people thinks it's fake. I wouldn't share fake info here, what for? anyways it's all on you guys. :laugh:

Edited by SpiderJazz

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Lol. Are you for real? I don't get why people thinks it's fake. I wouldn't share fake info here, what for? anyways it's all on you guys. :laugh:

Just saying what I heard. Is this discussion forum or what? :)

3 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Just saying what I heard. Is this discussion forum or what? :)

It's a good thing to make sure that before you say something you've "heard", it has a valid reason or somehow it make sense.

Anyone in IG can point out that the figure was fake.

One of the best Iron Man figures made and one of the worst Iron Man figures made, both in the same wave. This wave is perfectly balanced, as all things should be.