Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

It has been mentioned by someone before but, I'm thinking to just swap grey arms with MK 5 and I personally think it will work. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

It has been mentioned by someone before but, I'm thinking to just swap grey arms with MK 5 and I personally think it will work. 

Yeah, the fig just needs more silver I think. Swapping out the arms will do the trick imo, but I think they should have had the silver printing on the torso be printed a little bigger and pronounced.

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Yeah, the fig just needs more silver I think. Swapping out the arms will do the trick imo, but I think they should have had the silver printing on the torso be printed a little bigger and pronounced.

Right. It looks bronze with the only image that we got. Hopefully this is just a fig with printing issue and once they hit the shelves it gets fixed. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I just realized we need 2,3,4 for us to complete the first layer of HOA based on movie. *oh2*

I put the first War Machine armor in my HOA for mark II. It's close enough and mark II was indeed the one taken by Rhodes in the movie.

1 minute ago, Shahennian said:

I put the first War Machine armor in my HOA for mark II. It's close enough and mark II was indeed the one taken by Rhodes in the movie.

Actually, get his helm and then swap it out with the cyber man from Lego Dimensions, I think that should work.  

I also think it's worth noting that all of the classic armors we've seen leaked so far (1, 5, 41) were destroyed in Iron Man 3, which can mean one of about three things:

1. Time travel or BARF is used in Endgame.

2. The set is actually based on Iron Man 3 rather than Endgame, which honestly would be amazing if it meant we're gonna start getting new sets from past movies (I'd love to see some Winter Soldier sets!).

3. The set is based on a new hall of armor that takes place in the "present" (in regards to Endgame), and the inclusion of old suits is just a stylistic inclusion on the part of LEGO. I think this is plausible, as Tony's main suit in Endgame is allegedly called the Mark 85, which would leave plenty of room for a new hall of armor. Plus we've seen concept art of Tony in what appears to be a lab with multiple Iron Man suits, which may have been for Endgame rather than Infinity War.

21 minutes ago, hamton52 said:

I also think it's worth noting that all of the classic armors we've seen leaked so far (1, 5, 41) were destroyed in Iron Man 3, which can mean one of about three things:

2. The set is actually based on Iron Man 3 rather than Endgame, which honestly would be amazing if it meant we're gonna start getting new sets from past movies (I'd love to see some Winter Soldier sets!).

3. The set is based on a new hall of armor that takes place in the "present" (in regards to Endgame), and the inclusion of old suits is just a stylistic inclusion on the part of LEGO. I think this is plausible, as Tony's main suit in Endgame is allegedly called the Mark 85, which would leave plenty of room for a new hall of armor. Plus we've seen concept art of Tony in what appears to be a lab with multiple Iron Man suits, which may have been for Endgame rather than Infinity War.

Your second reasoning is the most plausible one imo. I mean there have been set pictures of Antman, Captain America, and Tony stark all right next to one another in the battle of New York, and Cap is wearing his 2012 outfit.

1 hour ago, hamton52 said:

You're forgetting the other option

4. Tony Stark rebuilds his old suits to put on display / as a show of legacy

It wouldn't be surprising since the Mk 2 was converted into the War Machine Mk1. The Mk3 was pretty much completely destroyed. The Mk5 was badly damaged by Whiplash. The Mk6 was damaged by both the Helicarrier and Loki's army. The Mk7 was pretty badly damaged during the battle for New York. 

All of these suits are shown on display in Iron Man 3, so it's quite clear that Tony has a tendency to rebuild his suits, even if it is just for display purposes. It seems collecting the suits became the hobby that replaced collecting cars. 

42 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

You're forgetting the other option

4. Tony Stark rebuilds his old suits to put on display / as a show of legacy

It wouldn't be surprising since the Mk 2 was converted into the War Machine Mk1. The Mk3 was pretty much completely destroyed. The Mk5 was badly damaged by Whiplash. The Mk6 was damaged by both the Helicarrier and Loki's army. The Mk7 was pretty badly damaged during the battle for New York. 

All of these suits are shown on display in Iron Man 3, so it's quite clear that Tony has a tendency to rebuild his suits, even if it is just for display purposes. It seems collecting the suits became the hobby that replaced collecting cars. 

Same as how mark 1 has been displayed in Ironman 3. Even if Stane transformed it into Iron Monger. 

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Same as how mark 1 has been displayed in Ironman 3. Even if Stane transformed it into Iron Monger. 

Technically he didn't transform it into the iron monger, he used it's schematics to create the iron monger 

30 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Technically he didn't transform it into the iron monger, he used it's schematics to create the iron monger 

You’re exactly right, he used the plans to engineer a new suit, you clearly see the old mk1 suit when Pepper says “I thought it would be bigger”. The mk1 suit was destroyed during the Malibu Mansion attack in Iron Man 3 along with the mk5, and mk41 was destroyed later during the movie so these suits appearing in an Endgame set means time travel or they are just Easter eggs that lego wanted to give us for this set. Extras if you will, even though it’s not quite accurate 

Anyone have a good method of storing the Iron Man figures for display, thinking of a 'Hall of Armor' style display, but need to come up with a good pod design that could be replicated for each of the Iron Man suits?

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You’re exactly right, he used the plans to engineer a new suit, you clearly see the old mk1 suit when Pepper says “I thought it would be bigger”. The mk1 suit was destroyed during the Malibu Mansion attack in Iron Man 3 along with the mk5, and mk41 was destroyed later during the movie so these suits appearing in an Endgame set means time travel or they are just Easter eggs that lego wanted to give us for this set. Extras if you will, even though it’s not quite accurate 

In regards to the reasoning the movie does have;

Spoiler

Time Travel

It's unclear if the set is representing that or simply a selection of figures. It is also possible, knowing Tony Stark, that he salvaged the destroyed armor pieces to rebuild them for display purposes.

Edited by Scarilian

27 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Anyone have a good method of storing the Iron Man figures for display, thinking of a 'Hall of Armor' style display, but need to come up with a good pod design that could be replicated for each of the Iron Man suits?

There's a pretty good one in Lego Ideas just simply search the google. I forgot the name itself but it's good. Bad thing abou there is I dunno if it's stackable.

Right now, what I used is the design of SY. Very simple yet attractive and also modular, you can stack and connect them to each other. Looks cool.

PS. I got a word that, mark 85 is about to leak soon. 

I know that this detail is given but, it has the same helmet, golden arms new print for both torso and legs.

29 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I know that this detail is given but, it has the same helmet, golden arms new print for both torso and legs.

Excellent

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

47 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

There's a pretty good one in Lego Ideas just simply search the google. I forgot the name itself but it's good. Bad thing abou there is I dunno if it's stackable.

Right now, what I used is the design of SY. Very simple yet attractive and also modular, you can stack and connect them to each other. Looks cool.

How soon is the mark 85 leaking?

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

No dual molded legs?

33 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

No dual molded legs?

I don't know. I didn't see it myself. But this guys is reputable when it comes to this things. 

But imho, I don't think Iroman really needs dual molding. I remember when MK 47 was first leaked and I was pissed coz they didn't do dual molding, but now it grew to me and it's not that bad.

There are characters that needs dual molding badly, just like Iron Spider. 

Wow so in this wave alone we’re getting 6 new armors! The marks 1, 5, 41, 85, War Machine, and Rescue. Not sure if the Quantum Realm suit Iron Man fig is legit, but if it is I guess I’d need to include it in my Hall of Armor, so thats 7 new armors.

24 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Wow so in this wave alone we’re getting 6 new armors! The marks 1, 5, 41, 85, War Machine, and Rescue. Not sure if the Quantum Realm suit Iron Man fig is legit, but if it is I guess I’d need to include it in my Hall of Armor, so thats 7 new armors.

Rescue is not confirmed tho it's heavily implied and it would be dissapointing if she's not gonna be made. (Other toyline does) 

Ironman QR/Team suit is real. 

The mark 5 is enough of a reason for me to buy the armor room set. What if (and this is a HUGE what if) there is a play feature where we suit up Tony Stark? Kinda like the suit up play feature in the 6860 2012 batcave set

Yeah so at the very least we now have seen a new nebula head. It’s different then the 2012 one. The head at the very least is real, new, and is coming 

Edited by Falconfan1414

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't know. I didn't see it myself. But this guys is reputable when it comes to this things. 

But imho, I don't think Iroman really needs dual molding. I remember when MK 47 was first leaked and I was pissed coz they didn't do dual molding, but now it grew to me and it's not that bad.

There are characters that needs dual molding badly, just like Iron Spider. 

Yeah I see your point. MK 47 grew on me too. We will have to wait and see, but MK 85 is a very desirable minifigure that I wanted done right for this wave. Ronin and Rescue are next on the list for me.