Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love this Thanos. Face is fantastic, arm printing is great, torso printing is very good. Looking at A4 concept art, his legs don't have much details. Much better than IW one. 9/10.

Also, before judging accuracy, go see concept arts.

Which concept art? 

35 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Which concept art? 

latest?cb=20180616235540

23 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Where has the leaked picture of Thanos been leaked at?

Instagram, #legoleaks

Objectively this is a horrible figure.

- the printing is very superficial. It's just gold with black outlines. There are big figs with much more detailed printing:
https://s12emagst.akamaized.net/products/10408/10407877/images/res_d91bcb636fa206e6b3f60a5b11994ca8_full.png

- some other bigfigs have molded pants, jackets, boots, helmets or whatever. They could have also done that for Thanos boots or body armor.
- the 1st Thanos had none of this and the most simple printing so far. But the combination of gold printing for his feet, golden gloves and blue printing on his helmet prevented the figure from having wide areas with just one colour.

People talk about the improvement on his face. Well it's still just wrong. IW Thanos doesn't doesn't have blue eyes with white pupils. And I reckon most of the screen time, you will see more than just a tiny part of his head looking out of some shell-armor.

I get that Captain Marvel isn't important for kids. But how exactly will it help to sell Lego sets if they keep making these designs? I imagine kids will look at this Pyjamaguy with little of his awkward face looking out of his strange armor - and then they will look at tons of other toys, where Thanos looks just like he did in the movies - with more detail Lego could ever do on their figs. So at the very least they should try, if they want to sell sets.

I don’t think Thanos is that bad, sure boots would have been nice, or a new helmet but then the sets would be even higher in price! I do wonder why they didn’t use the darkseid mold for a bald thanos ?

Well, I guess it’s because Darkseid also has that thin helmet lol

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

From that leaked video of the catalog, it shows nothing new that we haven’t already seen. How disappointing. No 20th anniversary Star Wars sets or Endgame sets in it. The catalog must just be for January

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

There’s improvement in that figure, but it’s still atrocious. I mean, what is that arm print?

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

I mean, what is that arm print?

A reasonably accurate representation of what we’ve seen in concept art so far?

7 hours ago, ood0 said:

I hope we get a Thanos farm set released a while after the movie, like with the Civil War Spider-Man set. It's pretty much the only way we'll ever get a bald Thanos, it seems. I actually like this Thanos, minus the part where he has no gorram boots, which just makes him look weird and incomplete.

My bad, the above is wrong. Different lighting.

I think AOU set precedent with the throne set there, sorry.

The arm printing looks weird considering bigfigs don’t usually have printed arms, and since the print can’t wrap around the arm it doesn’t look very much like armor, more like some thin metal plates he strapped to the sides of his arm and leaving the fronts unprotected. I think part of the problem is the helmet- it looks too round and very unlike the movie version of Thanos. 

So this is just very wishful thinking, but does anyone think it's possible we could get a second (and hopefully better) Thanos in the Endgame sets? Since there doesn't seem to be a big evil army like the Outriders this time around, most of the sets would need some sort of conflict/villain right? So maybe Thanos could be in two sets? Again, just wishful thinking on my part.

Do we get two versions of this End Game Thanos? One has a closed mouth smile (in the comparison picture with the Infinity War Thanos) and the other in the close-ups has an opened mouth smile. The closed mouth smile looks better than the angry face from the Infinity War sets - but the opened mouth smile looks rather weird and not intimidating in any sense.

As for the overall design, the arm printing is an improvement over the lack of any printing but the lack of wrapping around is disappointing and makes it seem like gold strapped to the side of his arm. The chest design is alright, but the gray body looks rather odd as pretty sure the armour is worn over a purple/dark purple underbody - it will also weaken the individuality of the character when alongside the Black Order, in particularly Cull Obsidian who shares in the gray body. It's missing a segment of gold just below the upper chest and the lack of any boot details makes the figure feel incomplete. It's difficult to say if it is an improvement as a whole as the purple body definitely worked better, but perhaps Thanos will get a different design in End Game.

Hulk is 'meh' not much to talk about - expression is interesting but feels out of place with the tone. Maybe replicating concept art?

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Do we get two versions of this End Game Thanos? One has a closed mouth smile (in the comparison picture with the Infinity War Thanos) and the other in the close-ups has an opened mouth smile. The closed mouth smile looks better than the angry face from the Infinity War sets - but the opened mouth smile looks rather weird and not intimidating in any sense.

As for the overall design, the arm printing is an improvement over the lack of any printing but the lack of wrapping around is disappointing and makes it seem like gold strapped to the side of his arm. The chest design is alright, but the gray body looks rather odd as pretty sure the armour is worn over a purple/dark purple underbody - it will also weaken the individuality of the character when alongside the Black Order, in particularly Cull Obsidian who shares in the gray body. It's missing a segment of gold just below the upper chest and the lack of any boot details makes the figure feel incomplete. It's difficult to say if it is an improvement as a whole as the purple body definitely worked better, but perhaps Thanos will get a different design in End Game.

Hulk is 'meh' not much to talk about - expression is interesting but feels out of place with the tone. Maybe replicating concept art?

The comparison pic is with the IW Thanos

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The comparison pic is with the IW Thanos

Yes i said that. The EG Thanos in the comparison picture with the IW Thanos is different from the close-up EG Thanos we have seen. Either we are getting a variant of EG Thanos (One opened mouth smile, the other closed mouth smile) or one of them is an early prototype - personally i hope the closed mouth smile ends up being the one we get.

Thanos looks fine. I just don't think bigfigs are the way to go for larger sized characters. It's fine for Hulk, but the mold is so stale and bad for play. Would like to see LEGO do a completely new bigfig piece with some more maneuverability. 

I'm just hoping the normal figures have some more detail to them - very disappointed by how few figures had printed legs or arms - especially as many of them would greatly benefit from it.  

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Yes i said that. The EG Thanos in the comparison picture with the IW Thanos is different from the close-up EG Thanos we have seen. Either we are getting a variant of EG Thanos (One opened mouth smile, the other closed mouth smile) or one of them is an early prototype - personally i hope the closed mouth smile ends up being the one we get.

They look exactly the same to me

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They look exactly the same to me

This.

They look/are the same with some lackluster arm printing (as said before it should go all around the arms) and a new faceprint. The best Thanos imo is the one from 76049.

Wait, what's this about 2 Thanos figs being leaked? As far as I'm aware, only one was leaked, and the other was just the old version.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Wait, what's this about 2 Thanos figs being leaked? As far as I'm aware, only one was leaked, and the other was just the old version.

Correct, there’s only one new Thanos that leaked

The whole kerfuffle over the Thanos and Hulk figs' quality compared to previous versions reminds me why I don't like big figs as much. If they even just had the same customizability as regular minifigs, people who're unhappy could take the helmet off Thanos, or swap the printed or molded feet from one Hulk onto a newer one.

Bigfig torsos are already multiple molds, with usually 1-2 of those being unique to the character.

I was hoping that both new Hulk and Thanos bigfigs are fakes, but unfortunately it seems like they are real. Thanos still uses the same mold as before and it doesn’t work for movie version of character at all. I understand why LEGO used this mold for IW sets (concept art and such). But now after IW trailers and movie we knew exactly how Thanos looks like in movie and they still choose to be lazy and reuse the same mold. And he doesn’t even come with Infinity Gauntlet. Why? Seriously don’t understand why LEGO is so lazy with Superhero line recently. Hulk is ok at best, they should have given him new bigfig to show his new hair. Overall very disappointed in Endgame figs right now.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:15 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Thanos has leaked and boy he has a lot of printing on him. Smile on him actually looks good

Very happy to see it.  I love the smile and the printing.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:29 AM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Wow I really don't know how to feel about that Thanos. I appreciate the arm printing and new face but the body colour seems off and the lack of boot printing makes it look like he's wearing pyjamas. 

The boots are the only problem I have with this Thanos, and the reason I didn't care for the last one.  Glad I got the original comic version, as that's still the best one.

Overall, just happy to have seen the leak to get an idea of what to expect from these sets.

I agree the comic Thanos figure is still the best one. I'd like the movie versions more if we had one figure armored and one without, but the 50/50 look that they're both going for just feels off and unfinished.

The new Hulk figure also looks pretty ordinary compared to the previous ones.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I was hoping that both new Hulk and Thanos bigfigs are fakes, but unfortunately it seems like they are real. Thanos still uses the same mold as before and it doesn’t work for movie version of character at all. I understand why LEGO used this mold for IW sets (concept art and such). But now after IW trailers and movie we knew exactly how Thanos looks like in movie and they still choose to be lazy and reuse the same mold. And he doesn’t even come with Infinity Gauntlet. Why? Seriously don’t understand why LEGO is so lazy with Superhero line recently. Hulk is ok at best, they should have given him new bigfig to show his new hair. Overall very disappointed in Endgame figs right now.

How do you know he won’t have the Gauntlet? The Thanos figure from the IW sets leaked before the Gauntlet piece did. There’s no rule saying a figure has to leak with all of their accessories included.