Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

A team-up with Mysterio? Interesting idea, but everyone knows he’s going to end up as the villain :grin: Although, maybe it’s a double trap and he’s actually a good guy in the MCU, sort of like M’Baku :laugh: Now that would be a twist!

BTW, I’ve built the new Spidey sets yesterday and was quite surprised to see spare parts for the classic gem piece :wacko: Why now? That piece has been around for 20 years :snicker:

This thread is getting a bit off track—please do not discuss the MCU films or trailers here. This thread is for set discussion specifically—trailer speculation does not equal set discussion. 

Please take all film and trailer talk over to Culture and Multimedia.

Thanks! :thumbup:

I posed this question last year regarding Mighty Micros, and now I’ll ask it again with the 4+ tag. To my fellow completionist collectors, do you feel the need to get the 4+ sets for the minifgures in this wave? Since they’re no longer classified under a separate theme, it’s a bit of a debate for me. They’re essentially sets in the Marvel theme with exclusive variants of minifgures, despite being made for and marketed towards kids. 

Will you be getting the 4+ sets out of a sense of duty for your collection? Or is there really no harm done in passing on them, and you don’t count them as part of the core Marvel line.

Thanks, I’m interested in hearing back.

10 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I posed this question last year regarding Mighty Micros, and now I’ll ask it again with the 4+ tag. To my fellow completionist collectors, do you feel the need to get the 4+ sets for the minifgures in this wave? Since they’re no longer classified under a separate theme, it’s a bit of a debate for me. They’re essentially sets in the Marvel theme with exclusive variants of minifgures, despite being made for and marketed towards kids. 

Will you be getting the 4+ sets out of a sense of duty for your collection? Or is there really no harm done in passing on them, and you don’t count them as part of the core Marvel line.

Ill be getting the little one just because i STILL dont have a green goblin fig and this one is satisfactory to me. I also need ock but ill wait for a deep discount before i consider getting the other one 

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

As a (would-be) completionist myself, the new 4+ branding threw me a curveball since previously, I regarded Juniors as its own separate theme and therefore only displayed the theme's exclusive minifigs. Now that those sets are part of the main lines, I must collect them for perfectionism's sake, which also forced me to retroactively assemble and display the Juniors sets :grin: First world problems, I know...

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

My attitude towards completion is that as long as I've got some version of the character, I'm more or less happy. If that means picking up a junior set to get a specific character, I certainly will although I tend to wait until there's a discount to buy juniors sets since they tend to be a bit lacking for my tastes.

8 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

For me, the Super Heroes line is all about the minifigures. The Mighty Micros are a disgrace to minifigs so I don’t even remotely feel the need to collect those. For Juniors sets, it all depends on the minifigs included. If I already have the minifigs, I don’t bother with the set, just like with anything else, but if it has any variant of any character I don’t yet have, I have to get it, or at least make sure I get the minifig somehow. If it’s more than a $20 set, I’ll typically just grab the fig on eBay. In my mind, 4+ is still Juniors, they just changed the name. Any new minifigs, or even just new variations of minifigs, have to be part of my Super Heroes collection, whether they come from a Juniors/4+ set or a regular set

8 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I collect all the Mighty Micros sets (both DC and Marvel). I was always a big fan of Muppet Babies and I see these as the Lego version of Marvel's A-Babies/X-Babies (see below).

Although Wolverine has an odd amount of facial hair for a baby! :laugh:

As for Juniors/4+ - I pick them up when they're must haves. I'm saying I'll pass on Doc Ock right now but I know I'll pick it up eventually when releases are slow. :sadnew:

e691cf1dc78ea54cb2be2c5923f9a2f2.jpg

Question: Should I save my Christmas money until the avengers 4 sets come out? The film is 4 months from release and the sets should be out about a month or two earlier 

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Question: Should I save my Christmas money until the avengers 4 sets come out? The film is 4 months from release and the sets should be out about a month or two earlier 

Depends on if there's anything else you want to get, LEGO or otherwise. If you have other sources of income, you could save up with that. But if that isn't an option, and you want nothing else, go for it. 

9 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

March 2019 release date.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

March 2019 release date.

Really? In that case I think I should wait. This may sound crazy but when do the Far From Home sets come out? I may want to save for them too lol

4 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Really? In that case I think I should wait. This may sound crazy but when do the Far From Home sets come out? I may want to save for them too lol

July Marvel movies get sets in June. But maybe this time will be different. June is most likely.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

July Marvel movies get sets in June. But maybe this time will be different. June is most likely.

Hmmm I guess it depends on how much each FFH set is and who is included in each set. I definitely want the set that has the stealth suit

30 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Hmmm I guess it depends on how much each FFH set is and who is included in each set. I definitely want the set that has the stealth suit

Don’t assume the stealth is coming. Everyone thought the homemade suit would be included in the homecoming sets and it wasn’t 

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don’t assume the stealth is coming. Everyone thought the homemade suit would be included in the homecoming sets and it wasn’t 

Fair point, I think it's fair though to expect atleast one new variant of Spider-Man ( regardless of quality)

40 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Fair point, I think it's fair though to expect atleast one new variant of Spider-Man ( regardless of quality)

The sets will probably contain the new FFH suit, though that's just the CW/Homecoming suit with black markings instead of blue (not confirmed or anything though!). 

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The sets will probably contain the new FFH suit, though that's just the CW/Homecoming suit with black markings instead of blue (not confirmed or anything though!). 

You're probably right. I do hope we get a Peter Parker minifig though, we are long overdue 

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There was also only 2 sets in that wave. With 3 sets, this wave would have a better chance of getting the movie's "secondary suit".

When do you all think pictures of the five Avengers: End Game sets will be revealed? There's three months until they are supposed to be released so it is bound to happen soon. 

6 minutes ago, mgetz said:

When do you all think pictures of the five Avengers: End Game sets will be revealed? There's three months until they are supposed to be released so it is bound to happen soon. 

A good guess would be New York Toy Fair in January

On 12/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, Aegis2000 said:

I never did consider them part of the theme, so no change here. Reason being the minifigs are out of the norm to the other sets.  I did buy a couple of the first wave on the Marvel side, though. They are fun little sets. 

On 12/10/2018 at 6:40 PM, Aegis2000 said:

The stylistic nature of the mighty micros kept me from purchasing them. The only times I have was for parts e.g awesome mix tape and Minifigures that could work elsewhere e.g Comics Ultron and Magnetos alternate face for a symbiote Spider-Man.

with the juniors, and now plus 4 sets, I’ll only get them for exclusive Minifigures or good pieces. I got the batman vs mr freeze for mr.freeze, the Jurassic World Set for the T-Rex,  the lex Luthor set for luthor, Batman and the printed parts. And the set with Jason Todd for him. The new sets for this theme don’t seem to have that interesting Minifigures. Doc Ock is alright but I prefer the previous versions, I’m undecided

6 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Do we have any idea what the prices are going to be for the Spider-man Far From Home sets?????

We have some set info. Set numbers 76128, 76129, and 76130 are all Far From Home sets. Also it is rumored that "Moltenman" will come in the smallest set, "Hydroman" will come in the medium set, and Mysterio will come in the largest. Rumors also have it that the mysterio set is a Jet and the "Hydroman" set is part of Rialto bridge in Italy.