Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I emailed LEGO about Bricktober pack in us and was told keep my eyes peeled and look out for emails 

That's what they've been saying for months. :cry3::cry3:

1 minute ago, TOTDForever said:

We will get a Captain America in his winter soldier suit finally!

Can we FINALLY get some leg printing?!

6 minutes ago, PARED said:

Can we FINALLY get some leg printing?!

"I'm sorry little one" the most we will probably get is plain navy blue legs 

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Oh yeah, cool! I've always liked that suit. :thumbup: :classic:

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Can't wait for the sets! Ronin finally! 

Hah, don't get too excited. I bet he won't have any arm or even leg printing.

Great trailer! Now can't wait for new minifigures with reused heads, inaccurate torsos, no new molds, and no leg printing!

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Hah, don't get too excited. I bet he won't have any arm or even leg printing.

I know what to expect. I'm not like a bunch of those complain bois.

New minifig is welcome in addition to my collection. But, thanks for reminding those who are having high hopes. :wink:

22 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I've been meaning to do this... They are taking up space and I do not have a place to have them assembled. I figure I could use the money to buy more figs... But the problem is I don't think I can tend to either an eBay or Bricklink store while having a job. How do you do it?

Hi, I'm from Asia (Philippines) to be exact. We do have LUGs that has a monthly gathering, where we buy & sell stuff. 

That's a great way to declutter builds that I don't need. We also do "chop" where we open a new box of sets then agrees on what we need and settle all the content for each person who is interested. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I know what to expect. I'm not like a bunch of those complain bois.

New minifig is welcome in addition to my collection. But, thanks for reminding those who are having high hopes. :wink:

Yeah, how dare some of us expect quality and minifigures that look like they weren’t designed in the 80s. This mindset is what allows lego to profit off of putting in the bare minimum amount of effort. A Big Mac is technically food but don’t compare it to a steak.

It's not like LEGO is forcing anyone here to buy the figures if they aren't up to our standards, there is an option to not buy them, and let the people who just don't care about having the finest of details on the arms and legs give their money.

Between Ronin or WS suit Cap, I couldn't care less if they use plain legs, as long as they look good

I love leg and arm printing, but not getting it isn’t worth pitching a fit. I consider myself very lucky if I even get the minifigs I want at all in a set. What I dislike in the Captain Marvel set has nothing to do with the minifigs it includes. Could they be better? Sure but at least we have them. I only wish we could get other characters from the movie as well, leg printing or no leg printing. For Endgame, I just hope we get any new characters in minifig form, including new variants of old characters. Ronin and Rescue are my top two, also any new Iron Man suits and then of course anyone new who may show up, especially villains. For Far From Home, I just want each spidey suit and one of each villain in the movie. I don’t care how much printing any of them get, I just want the minifigs to appear in sets. The more printing the better obviously, but I’m not going to lose any sleep over it

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

49 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It's not like LEGO is forcing anyone here to buy the figures if they aren't up to our standards, there is an option to not buy them, and let the people who just don't care about having the finest of details on the arms and legs give their money.

Between Ronin or WS suit Cap, I couldn't care less if they use plain legs, as long as they look good

On point. 

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I love leg and arm printing, but not getting it isn’t worth pitching a fit. I consider myself very lucky if I even get the minifigs I want at all in a set. What I dislike in the Captain Marvel set has nothing to do with the minifigs it includes. Could they be better? Sure but at least we have them. I only wish we could get other characters from the movie as well, leg printing or no leg printing. For Endgame, I just hope we get any new characters in minifig form, including new variants of old characters. Ronin and Rescue are my top two, also any new Iron Man suits and then of course anyone new who may show up, especially villains. For Far From Home, I just want each spidey suit and one of each villain in the movie. I don’t care how much printing any of them get, I just want the minifigs to appear in sets. The more printing the better obviously, but I’m not going to lose any sleep over it

And spot on.

Warning: Speculation imminent.

I do honestly think that this wave will be better that IW's. I looked through the IW wave, and I counted 7 new parts: the 4-arm neck bracket, Groot's head, Dr Strange's hairpiece, Proxima's hairpiece, Cull Obsidian, the Infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity Stones. While all of those parts were nice, it also stole slots from other potential parts and prints. If this wave follows a similar template, it should be a lot easier part/budget-wise.

All existing characters have the parts available to make them work. Cap and Iron Man should follow the template of their previous figs, Pepper's rescue armour could use recoloured Iron Man parts, Ant-Man could use his older body with the Firefly helmet, Hulk can just use his MCU body in new colours, Ronin would be made of regular printed minifig parts with a hood, and the Quantum Realm variants could have torso/legs that are uniform across all figs. The only exception would be Thanos, who I feel needs new parts. As for other parts, the Gauntlet and Stones already exist, so those can just be reused for a new Thanos figure. So for the Endgame wave, I think the budget will be more evenly spread out. 

7 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Warning: Speculation imminent.

I do honestly think that this wave will be better that IW's. I looked through the IW wave, and I counted 7 new parts: the 4-arm neck bracket, Groot's head, Dr Strange's hairpiece, Proxima's hairpiece, Cull Obsidian, the Infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity Stones. While all of those parts were nice, it also stole slots from other potential parts and prints. If this wave follows a similar template, it should be a lot easier part/budget-wise.

All existing characters have the parts available to make them work. Cap and Iron Man should follow the template of their previous figs, Pepper's rescue armour could use recoloured Iron Man parts, Ant-Man could use his older body with the Firefly helmet, Hulk can just use his MCU body in new colours, Ronin would be made of regular printed minifig parts with a hood, and the Quantum Realm variants could have torso/legs that are uniform across all figs. The only exception would be Thanos, who I feel needs new parts. As for other parts, the Gauntlet and Stones already exist, so those can just be reused for a new Thanos figure. So for the Endgame wave, I think the budget will be more evenly spread out. 

Dr Stranges hair piece was used on Bruce Wayne and Ulysses Klaue. It's exclusive printing, but not a new piece. There was also Thanos' Butter Knife, but I think that nobody cares about that :laugh:

But I do agree that a new Thanos would be the likeliest of new molds. Maybe a new accessory for a character, maybe a new hair or helmet piece for Hawkeye/Ronin. It's hard to speculate when the trailer didn't shine too much light on the story of the film

I feel like we could get a couple spoiler sets from this movie, IW there wasn't much spoiler stuff that could of been sets but given how much of a secret this movie is. Can't wait for the sets hope there are some neat builds and hopefully great figures. Not sure why people overly complain about lack of detail, sure other seems get way more detail for figures with little importance but just be lucky for the figures you do get from the theme, lack of needed printing/dual molding doesn't overly bother me sure I wish they were super detailed but they still look good regardless. And with regards to Wasps helmet I don't worry it's only our first version and she will most likely have a major role in the MCU moving forward so chances are we will see her using firefly's helmet in time. 

Why is it frown upon so much when people complain about the quality of the minifigs. Maybe lego has no money for extra printing, doublemoulded stuff and such, but that doesn’t mean we should be happy with the figs we get. 

Superheroes are characters. So they must be the selling point of sets. And therefore they need to be well designed. That means arm printing and legprinting included. 

I rarely buy lego nowadays (for myself) because of all the rehashes and the subpar minifig standards. 

However, every time that a new wave hits i do have hope it brings me something i like. I hope for a superb Mysterio, HydroMan and Molten Man 

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Dr Stranges hair piece was used on Bruce Wayne and Ulysses Klaue. It's exclusive printing, but not a new piece. There was also Thanos' Butter Knife, but I think that nobody cares about that :laugh:

Whoops. In my defence, Brickset treats it like a different part, and with the new print it is kinda hard to see the connection.

Also, the butter knife was a new part? Now that was a waste.

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

But I do agree that a new Thanos would be the likeliest of new molds. Maybe a new accessory for a character, maybe a new hair or helmet piece for Hawkeye/Ronin. It's hard to speculate when the trailer didn't shine too much light on the story of the film

Thanos would be the most sensible decision. He's the big bad of the MCU, he needs new parts sorely, and no other characters in Endgame need new moulds as much. Aside from Thanos, the only new moulds I could see are a new mask/hood for Ronin, a new helmet for Rescue (depending on how different she and Iron Man are), maybe new hair for Captain Marvel's masked variant and maybe a revamped Rocket head with no shoulders. Although some unseen characters could need plenty of new moulds (please be alive Korg, pleaaaase).

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Why is it frown upon so much when people complain about the quality of the minifigs. Maybe lego has no money for extra printing, doublemoulded stuff and such, but that doesn’t mean we should be happy with the figs we get. 

Superheroes are characters. So they must be the selling point of sets. And therefore they need to be well designed. That means arm printing and legprinting included. 

I rarely buy lego nowadays (for myself) because of all the rehashes and the subpar minifig standards. 

However, every time that a new wave hits i do have hope it brings me something i like. I hope for a superb Mysterio, HydroMan and Molten Man 

It’s not so much frowning upon as it is suggesting that we should be grateful to get anything at all. I’m not going to purposely leave a gap in my collection just because a figure doesn’t have arm or leg printing, especially if there’s little chance of seeing that character again.

We have a right as consumers to complain about the product if we don’t like it, but so many people complain on here rather than to the company responsible. On top of that, Lego had a difficult year in 2016-17, so as reasonable adults we should understand that when companies go through a rough patch sacrifices have to be made. Their own IP is cheaper to work on and produce, so that is going to be the priority (the exception being Star Wars, a property which must have a mystical hold over Lego and it’s fans). Crikey, most of the Comic-Con figures don’t have limb prints, and if they do it’s minimal. 

14 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Whoops. In my defence, Brickset treats it like a different part, and with the new print it is kinda hard to see the connection.

Also, the butter knife was a new part? Now that was a waste.

The butter knife wasn’t new, it’s a helicopter propeller piece, I for one have it in another set on a helicopter (can’t remember which set off the top of my head)

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The point isn’t just the printing. Personally I wouldn’t be getting annoyed over these figures, except that we know that these aren’t up to to Lego’s usual standard. Compare the captain marvel sets to Harry Potter’s last year, or any Star Wars or Ninjago sets, or hell even ones from the Superhero line from 2016 or prior. Lego used to put effort into the suoerhero Minifigures, but for some reason that budget has gone, which is utterly bizarre to me, considering that the Minifigures are the selling points of a lot of these sets.

dont bash on people that have a problem with this, they’re allowed to not like it, and vise versa, we won’t bash on Those who don’t have a problem with it? Is that okay? Because every time someone says they don’t like a minifig, it seems like a crusade to make them seem like whiny kids who should just be happy with anything they get

11 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

It’s not so much frowning upon as it is suggesting that we should be grateful to get anything at all. I’m not going to purposely leave a gap in my collection just because a figure doesn’t have arm or leg printing, especially if there’s little chance of seeing that character again.

We have a right as consumers to complain about the product if we don’t like it, but so many people complain on here rather than to the company responsible. On top of that, Lego had a difficult year in 2016-17, so as reasonable adults we should understand that when companies go through a rough patch sacrifices have to be made. Their own IP is cheaper to work on and produce, so that is going to be the priority (the exception being Star Wars, a property which must have a mystical hold over Lego and it’s fans). Crikey, most of the Comic-Con figures don’t have limb prints, and if they do it’s minimal. 

Lego may have had a tough year, but that doesn’t explain why almost all other IP’s have better Minifigures atm (Harry Potter, Overwatch, neither are anywhere near the money makers of Star Wars)

its not just leg and arm prints, I’m personally not bothered by those, it’s stuff like the inaccuracies and reuses of unsuitable parts that bug me.

also this is a forum is it? A place for discussion on opinions on lego? These are people opinions on it, respect them. I’m not telling you you guys are wrong for Liking the stuff, but that’s all we get told when we say we’re not happy with something.

personally I disagree with this ‘just be grateful’ attitude some have. It’s a product that they want us to pay for, and we know that usually do better, and even are in products releasing at the same time. There is a certain standard long-term consumers are allowed to expect from companies. It’s just the fact that lego are falling behind in the standard they’ve set themselves. Back in 2016, they corrected the colour for visions stone in the set he released in, but in 2018, they didn’t correct Strange’s. I’m not saying everyfigures needs arm printing or dual moulding. Leg printing is fairly reasonable to expect I feel as most figures have them compared to the other things, but something as simple as not updating that inaccuracy in a print, that they have done in the past in the same situation, just shows a lack of effort or care in the product. I thought maybe the Lego Batman Movie or Harry Potter ate the budget last year, but I can’t really think what’s doing it now for the Captain Marvel Set.

sorry for the long post, and I don’t intend to be argumentative, just suggesting that maybe don’t just bash others opinions on it, or discredit them, all opinions are allowed here, positive or negative

Edited by Whovastron

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

That piece was in the TLJ Crait speeder set, which I'm 90% sure it was created for.

Anyway, who knows. Maybe the quality being put into other themed sets indicates that that'll be the norm next year. We can always hope.

@Whovastron they are going to throw time, effort and money at rejuvenated and new products because they have the most to lose. Established themes essentially just need to continue; a little lazy, but they are known to sell. 

A lot of inaccuracies can be attributed to concept art that the film companies release to toy companies to get the ball rolling. A printed toy like Lego is a lot harder to change than painted ones. 

It is a forum for discussion, and I do my best to respect the opinions of others unless I deem it a disrespectful opinion. But if you want to affect change then here is not place to get heard. Every time someone says a figure is trash or garbage or terrible, they are disrespectful of those who really like said figure. It works both ways. There’s not liking a set/figure and then there’s the misplaced vitriol that appears here sometimes.

Predominantly it is a product that they want us to buy for our children, but they are very lucky that they have a product that attracts myriad consumers. Children are, as a whole, less likely to complain about accuracy. I don’t agree that it is more acceptable to be expectant than it is grateful. I guess I just don’t bite the hand that feeds.

Every set of every theme gets a budget, and that budget is going to be based on the whole company’s projections and existing revenue. 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:23 AM, TOTDForever said:

I saw concept art with Captain America in a new suit similar to the one he’s been wearing so idk which one we’d get in sets. His stealth suit would be awesome though.