Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

8 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

There are those, and these sets have neat figs sometimes, but Bricklink isn't really an option for me. Honestly, it's not the parts that bugged me, but the branding. For the target audience, it works, but for older buyers, it makes them (well, me) feel strange buying the set. For that, I've only gotten 2 Juniors sets: the Mater set (because it was the last one in store, on clearance and I had no other Cars sets) and the Elastigirl rooftop chase (because the build actually looked pretty normal for Juniors, and the fact that its Incredibles). With the 4+ brand, the sets are part of the themes they're based on, turning the sets from "kiddy version of (insert theme)", to "(insert theme) but with young-kid-friendly builds" without changing the style or spirit in the slightest.

True, I totally understand. It also feels awkward sometimes buying them in a store and having a clerk look at you funny (unless you can bribe/lasso your kid to go with you). That's why if I ever have to get one, I almost always buy it online when they're on sale (which is what I more or less did for the Incredibles sets given they were on sale, and the figures at the time were overpriced on BL. Hopefully, though in the case of a Marvel set, it would either have figures I don't care about, or some figure that's easy to acquire by other means. 

14 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

It was never for us.

As a whole, not really; but it did offer some highly desired titbits amongst each set's contents, namely being minifigures and specialized printed parts. Under this new subdesignation, it may continue to do so, but only under the context of preexisting themes. :sad:

I'd be glad to have 2 new Spidey variants (Bred and Stealth) In terms of villains, I hope they give justice to Mysterio as they failed us with Vulture. One man can hope. *crossfingers  

24 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'd be glad to have 2 new Spidey variants (Bred and Stealth) In terms of villains, I hope they give justice to Mysterio as they failed us with Vulture. One man can hope. *crossfingers  

By “Bred” do you mean black and red or blue and red? I would love to see the new black and red suit and then of course the stealth suit. I don’t really need anymore of the standard blue and red MCU suit. I love collecting spidey variants so I hope we get every suit he wears

Honestly I don't even care about the standard suit since it looks like it's about the same as the one from Homecoming, but man that stealth suit is channeling the Spider-Man Noir feel so hard that I just have to get it. Lets hope that it comes in the set with Mysterio.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

By “Bred” do you mean black and red or blue and red? I would love to see the new black and red suit and then of course the stealth suit. I don’t really need anymore of the standard blue and red MCU suit. I love collecting spidey variants so I hope we get every suit he wears

Black and Red. White outline in Spidey's emblem and then white spider at the back. I won't get my high hopes for dual molding but atleast leg printing. 

Stealth doesn't have the shield logo in it, I honestly think it was never meant to have it, just that with the same time Nick Fury and Maria Hill appearances has been confirmed. 

10 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

There are those, and these sets have neat figs sometimes, but Bricklink isn't really an option for me. Honestly, it's not the parts that bugged me, but the branding. For the target audience, it works, but for older buyers, it makes them (well, me) feel strange buying the set. For that, I've only gotten 2 Juniors sets: the Mater set (because it was the last one in store, on clearance and I had no other Cars sets) and the Elastigirl rooftop chase (because the build actually looked pretty normal for Juniors, and the fact that its Incredibles). With the 4+ brand, the sets are part of the themes they're based on, turning the sets from "kiddy version of (insert theme)", to "(insert theme) but with young-kid-friendly builds" without changing the style or spirit in the slightest.

Personally, I don't get this argument that the new branding is somehow better. Something that says 4+ vs something that says Juniors is just as likely to get you weird stares at a store, if you care about that sort of thing. Collecting Lego is not something everyone considers adults should do, and AFOLs can either feel embarrassed by those they have no control over, or simply not care and collect what they want for the sake of collecting. I would never keep myself from buying something I want just because of the opinions of some stranger I'll never see again in my life.

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Stealth doesn't have the shield logo in it, I honestly think it was never meant to have it, just that with the same time Nick Fury and Maria Hill appearances has been confirmed. 

I really hope we get the stealth suit in one of the 3 FFH sets. If we get atleast 2 versions of Spider-Man then I'll be satisfied 

5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Personally, I don't get this argument that the new branding is somehow better. Something that says 4+ vs something that says Juniors is just as likely to get you weird stares at a store, if you care about that sort of thing.

With the Juniors branding, the sets were marketed as seperate from other themes, with the huge logo in the top left corner, and the theme it's based on in the bottom right. With this new branding, they are advertised as part of the theme, and the logo is less obvious and easier to ignore.

8 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Is anyone still able to get ahold of the marvel Bricktober pack?

And as Brickfinder previously posted, it may not be available in US too. I'm not sure about that tho. They would missing alot of $$$ by doing that. 

8 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Is anyone still able to get ahold of the marvel Bricktober pack?

There's a great offer for £2.99 on eBay. Not the figures, just the box. I don't understand the internet anymore

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

There's a great offer for £2.99 on eBay. Not the figures, just the box. I don't understand the internet anymore

This is actually surprisingly common on ebay, try searching for Pokemon games on Nintendo DS sometime.

Not to derail the topic too much though, I thought we were only getting two sets for far from home, not 3?

6 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

This is actually surprisingly common on ebay, try searching for Pokemon games on Nintendo DS sometime.

Not to derail the topic too much though, I thought we were only getting two sets for far from home, not 3?

Last time I heard about the sets, it's 3 and we're getting 

Spoiler

Mysterio in the biggest set, Hydro man and Molten man 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Last time I heard about the sets, it's 3 and we're getting

Hide contents

Mysterio in the biggest set, Hydro man and Molten man

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was going to get the set with Mysterio either way assuming the figure was good, but knowing TLG they'll put the Noire-esque suit in one of the other sets, probably the one with Hydro Man since there's people who actually care about Molten Man.

Guess I'll be getting more than one of the movie sets this year. :roflmao:

Edited by shadefoundry

1 minute ago, shadefoundry said:

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was going to get the set with Mysterio either way assuming the figure was good, but knowing TLG they'll put the Noire-esque suit in one of the other sets, probably the one with Hydro Man since there's people who actually care about Molten Man.

Guess I'll be getting more than one of the movie sets this year. :roflmao:

That's for sure. Lego's game. They win with every set especially if you are a minifigure collector. 

That's for sure. Lego's game. They win with every set especially if you are a minifigure collector. 

I think with the SH line a lot of the marketing appeal is the minifigs and they know it. It makes it hard even to stay up to date. I can't even imagine someone trying to start a complete minifigure collection right now.

Just now, BrickHat said:

I think with the SH line a lot of the marketing appeal is the minifigs and they know it. It makes it hard even to stay up to date. I can't even imagine someone trying to start a complete minifigure collection right now.

Oh for sure! I personally only care about collecting minifigures that I feel some nostalgia for or read the books of currently, but even I want complete teams.

Just now, BrickHat said:

Yea, kinda hard. I've manage to own every MCU minifigures, minus SDCC exclusive (which is it will be on my wildest dream to cop one) I sell those builds that is not interesting. 

Yea, kinda hard. I've manage to own every MCU minifigures, minus SDCC exclusive (which is it will be on my wildest dream to cop one) I sell those builds that is not interesting.

I try to collect mostly comic variants of characters myself, unless the mcu version is closer to the comic version or the only version available, but my god some of the builds that these things come with are just not good at all. Like sometimes it makes sense, maybe a film only has so many things to draw from, but the comics and cartoons have so much untapped potential! For example, why wasn't the spider-mech in the Venom set some variant of SP//DR? Or how about the Spider-Mobile? Why hasn't that gotten an official set yet?

But hey, I shouldn't complain, at least we've gotten awesome vehicles like Ghost Rider's motorcycle and that mechanical rhino from the Black Panther sets.

1 hour ago, shadefoundry said:

76128,76129, and 76130 are all Far From Home sets

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I sell those builds that is not interesting. 

I've been meaning to do this... They are taking up space and I do not have a place to have them assembled. I figure I could use the money to buy more figs... But the problem is I don't think I can tend to either an eBay or Bricklink store while having a job. How do you do it?