Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Hmmm yeah that doesn't look that good. The build is odd and and the minifigures are subpar

All the design and the art box are odd. If it wasn't for the logo, I wouldn't even know that's a LEGO product

Edited by Robert8

The build is a pre-Avengers Quinjet. If you zoom in on the side of the cockpit you can see an old-school SHIELD logo. I love it. Can clearly see how the design iterated from here.

1 hour ago, LegoFan117 said:

The build is a pre-Avengers Quinjet. If you zoom in on the side of the cockpit you can see an old-school SHIELD logo. I love it. Can clearly see how the design iterated from here.

I really like it. It’s nostalgic but still new and interesting to me. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really like it. It’s nostalgic but still new and interesting to me. 

Agreed. Plus I LOVE the missile details! Reminds me of how the Quinjets were used as more gunship-type vehicles in TWS.

As soon as that old quinjet appeared briefly in the trailer, I KNEW that was going to be the vehicle. The build itself is alright, I feel like it should be longer than it is. It's definitely a better space quinjet than the similarly coloured space quinjet in the other set with Captain Marvel in it. 7/10.

Nick is meh. He re-uses Justice League Cyborg's head, which sucks, as it means he won't have a 1 eyed alternate face. The torso isn't particularly interesting. It would be far better if it were a messy, "beat up" version of the same thing, imo. He's really a wasted spot, Jude Law's "definitely, totally not Yon-Rogg, please believe me guys" should've been in the set instead. 4/10.

Captain Marvel feels incomplete, but MCU Spider-Man's legs should improve her. I had a feeling that they'd use that hair, and it doesn't look too bad, so I'm fine with that. Qi'ra's (love interest from Solo) head was a weird choice, but it's an OK fit I guess? They really should've done more with this fig. 6/10.

The Thalmor are right, Talos sucks. Head extension isn't really accurate and is missing much needed printing, same with the legs. It just looks far, far too incomplete. 3/10.

Goose is a garbage replacement for the much beloved god amongst Flerken, Chewie. What a terrible character, bet it doesn't even have a pocket universe in its mouth. Bah, pathetic. 0/10.

I'll be honest, the minifigs in the Captain Marvel set do nothing for me and the build doesn't really grab me either so I'll likely be passing on this set unless I see it at a significant (like, 50% off) discount.

Edited by shadefoundry

Quinjet looks pretty good actually. Maybe swap some of the red for dark gray or dark blue and it would be a perfect modern one.

Captain Marvel fig really does stink. I like the original much more. Skrull is trash too but nice to get. Nick Fury looks good. Cherie/Goose is whatever.

Might pick it up only if her inevitable Avengers 4 set is expensive or unappealing. 

Well at least we can now assume that we won't have another quinjet being shoved into A4 sets so that's good. I really don't understand the reasoning for Lego not just labeling everything under the Marvel logo but oh well. Box art is on fire this year. Probably the best its been in the sh sets. I think that this set would be great for kids, lots of them probably would love a quinjet but not want to spend lots on it. So I understand why Lego made this set. I this the jet is fine but I wish it was bigger and more similar to the 2014 Milano. I doubt the interior is anything special but at least their is one u like many other sh sets. I like the Captain Marvel figure but the rest are boring. That Skrill is very silly looking. I do think this is the best Mar el set Of 2019 though. At least I have an urge to buy the set. Hopefully the A4 sets pick up some of this winter wave slack. 

For the first time in a long while, the build is better than the minifigures.

Still, it almost looks like Lego is toning down detail on the torso printing too. God these figures are bare.

Mmmmm. Interesting.

The jet build is nice, looks detailed enough and if the set is the same price as the Royal Talon Fighter, it'd be fair.

The figures aren't bad, but pretty bare. Talos is incomplete, but he's had time to grow on me, and probably will be better in hand. Nick Fury at least looks the part. Chewie (I'm never calling him Goose. NEVER) looks right, and is neat to have.

Captain Marvel's torso design is pretty spot-on, and the hair/head combo works, but those legs. Those legs. They could've at least added a sash print. She doesn't look nearly as incomplete as Talos, that I will say.

Overall, a good, maybe desirable set, held back by a few unprinted legs. I hope that this means that the A4 sets stole some budget from this set, but that might be wishful thinking. I'll hold back on this one. 

The quinjet is a decent build but the minifigs are really underwhelming as they severely lack detail. Fury didn't need leg printing but Captain Marvel desperately needs it or better yet dual molded legs. Talos really badly needs printing on the head piece and leg printing. It also really irks me that they included Goose instead of Chewie. Eh, not the best set they've put out for a Marvel movie but I still plan to get it.

Edited by ToaDraco

Just wanna throw out there (in case anyone missed it), the name change is a Top Gun reference, which is kinda neat seeing as she's an air force pilot. The name has grown on me

I like the look of Fury, I'm still a fan of Talos, although I do agree that the head piece looks weird without printing, especially as the head starts it off. As for Carol, like the look, wasn't the hair I was expecting, but it works. Hoping Avengers 4 sets will include her helmet

Also I'm really digging the Quinjet, probably my favorite MCU jet, maybe tied with Royal Talon Fighter

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm yeah that doesn't look that good. The build is odd and and the minifigures are subpar

All the design and the art box are odd. If it wasn't for the logo, I wouldn't even know that's a LEGO product

Personally, I sort of like the Quinjet, but I'm still quite pissed over the direction they've decided to take the branding for both the Marvel and DC SuperHeroes lines. :thumbdown: :angry:

I actually love the set, especially how they put Goose the Cat as a minifig. I’m assuming its a $30 set, in which case its a pretty fair price.

The build is quite nice for a $30 set. There are only two things I would change about it, though.

1.) Give Captain Marvel her Kree suit (just because the red and blue suit is probably the design we’ll see in the A4 sets)

2.) A bit of printing on the Talos’ headpiece with the ears. I mean, it costs them virtually nothing to add a little stripe on it, so why didn’t they print it? I don’t know.

Also theres a small Avengers logo on the bottom right corner, which I thought is a bit odd, considering they are branding it as Captain Marvel instead of just Marvel Superheroes

28 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Personally, I sort of like the Quinjet, but I'm still quite pissed over the direction they've decided to take the branding for both the Marvel and DC SuperHeroes lines. :thumbdown: :angry:

Branding is not that important. I actually kind of like this new direction, since it puts the set's subjects front and centre, and allows for unique box designs. Besides, they will always be LEGO Marvel sets.

22 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Also theres a small Avengers logo on the bottom right corner, which I thought is a bit odd, considering they are branding it as Captain Marvel instead of just Marvel Superheroes

I saw that too, and it is a bit peculiar, especially since with the Spider-Man sets, that place is occupied by the Marvel logo. I heard somewhere that the A4 marketing might be very secretive this time around, and Captain Marvel would do most of the promotion, so that might be what they were going with. Still just speculation though.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

1 hour ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Branding is not that important. I actually kind of like this new direction, since it puts the set's subjects front and centre, and allows for unique box designs. Besides, they will always be LEGO Marvel sets.

Hmmm, yes, but the broadly arching Marvel/DC SuperHeroes branding that we've had for many years now was much more encompassing. Plus, it felt more classic and original to the Lego brand as a line of its own so to speak, not just mere tie-in merchandise for some "here today, gone tomorrow" movie and/or franchise. :sadnew:

7 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I’m assuming its a $30 set, in which case its a pretty fair price.

One of the 'leaked' pictures had the set on a shelf with a 39.99$ pricetag. I don't know if that was US or Canadian though.

Edit: did some research and the pricetag can be found on reddits lego page. It's 39,94 Canadian dollar. 

Edited by Kevii23

Those are some of the worst Minifigures in the line so far. Reused faces, immaculate hairpiece, no leg printing, not even printing on the skrull headpiece. I’m not usually one to go in for bashing Lego and going over the top, but I might not buy this just because of those

5 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Edit: did some research and the pricetag can be found on reddits lego page. It's 39,94 Canadian dollar. 

Thats $30.04 in USD, so its a pretty good price for what you’re getting (I love that little Quinjet)

reused faces
wrong hairpiece
I didn't expect dual molded legs and arm prints - but at least some leg printing? It feels like Black Panther all over again, with this horrible looking figure, that should be an important character.

Ever since the financial problems, quality really has decreased. Take Carnage for example - last time he had arm printing in a 15 bucks set - this time no more.
The worst part to me is, that even the torso detailing on Fury and Marvel looks very superficial. No more extra detail, no more extra layers of print. The first times, I was sure the set was a fake, because of the bad prints and reused parts.

The plane looks really great - but I am sick of having to chase CMF's or costumes for the printed pieces, the figs would need. Here for instance, you would need to aquire the Mace Windu head for Fury (why didn't they use that one in the first place, since it's the actors own head piece?), some printed or dual molded arms-legs, comissionar Gordon legs for Fury, etc... Then, instead of 30 bucks, we are at 50-70 again.