Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Great set. I love the harbour. But... but... IS THIS THE SHOCKER!?

I fear for a regular dock worker. But who is steering that boat?

I didn’t even notice the 3rd figure, but everything more is welcome. Won’t take long before everything else leaks too. 

IS THAT TROY????? OUR FIRST APPEARANCE OF TROY?!?

Ever since Spider Garfield saved his son Jack from a car falling off a bridge, Troy has made it his life long mission of helping Spidey catch all his bad guys by rearranging the position of sales nearby cranes. A vital ally in stopping the Lizard, it appears Troy has helped Spidey catch one of his biggest foes! A Doctor Octopus surrounded by all but one single crane

Edited by Quicksilver838

It could be just a regular worker with yellow minifigure skintone. Remember Juniors line tends to have that even if it's licensed product. 

But if it's Shocker then it's shocking. Good deal.

25 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

IS THAT TROY????? OUR FIRST APPEARANCE OF TROY?!?

Ever since Spider Garfield saved his son Jack from a car falling off a bridge, Troy has made it his life long mission of helping Spidey catch all his bad guys by rearranging the position of sales nearby cranes. A vital ally in stopping the Lizard, it appears Troy has helped Spidey catch one of his biggest foes! A Doctor Octopus surrounded by all but one single crane

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't mind getting repeats of characters. What bothers me though, is that Spider-Man lives in New York and instead of getting buildings we keep getting spider vehicles.

I would take facades over yet another blue and red monstrosity. It's sad that the only set that includes a building/location of any kind is the juniors set...

6 minutes ago, strangely said:

I don't mind getting repeats of characters. What bothers me though, is that Spider-Man lives in New York and instead of getting buildings we keep getting spider vehicles.

I would take facades over yet another blue and red monstrosity. It's sad that the only set that includes a building/location of any kind is the juniors set...

Agreed facades would be nice, he web slings from building to building yet we barely ever see sets with anything to portray that, only sets I personally remember having some form of a building with Spider-man is the Sanctum, Daily Bugle, and that small homecoming indoor ATM

34 minutes ago, strangely said:

23 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Agreed facades would be nice, he web slings from building to building yet we barely ever see sets with anything to portray that, only sets I personally remember having some form of a building with Spider-man is the Sanctum, Daily Bugle, and that small homecoming indoor ATM

The bridge we got with Kraven, Scorpion, and the GG was very nice, too. I think it was called Web Warriors Bridge Battle.

1 hour ago, Rinzler said:

Anyone notice it reading LEGO Spider-Man instead of Lego Marvel Super Heroes? Spider-Man theme revitalised?

Yeah, looks like they ditched the Superheroes name in favour of putting the individual sub-themes front and center *huh* I don't think Spidey is an exception here, I fully expect the same for the other sub-themes, be it Marvel or DC... I already kinda miss the previous boxart style, I thought the color coding (Marvel=red, DC=blue) was pretty cool :sceptic: This also confirms that Juniors doesn't exist as a separate theme anymore, as previously rumoured.

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Spiderman? Isn't the guy like a college student or something? I mean, I like the mech, looks awesome but I just don't get it

In recent comics he owns Parker Industries, so he builds Spider-Vehicles

Kinda weird if there’s another small set with Miles and Carnage. Lego usually doesn’t do near copies of sets like that. It’s odd. Still, I’m loving how cheap all these Spidey sets are, the only “meh” price being the Venom Mech set. As long as the other mysterious minifig in that Juniors set isn’t someone awesome, that’ll be an easy pass given that I’ll get the same spidey in the other sets and I already have a perfectly good Doc Ock, better really because he older one has actual movable arms.

3 hours ago, Rinzler said:

Anyone notice it reading LEGO Spider-Man instead of Lego Marvel Super Heroes? Spider-Man theme revitalised?

You're right *oh2* I don't see the normal logo anywhere. New theme? Or just a fantastic box art?

Wow, new box art is fantastic! Hoping each wave will have its own unique box art now that I see this. The sets are fine. The Juniors set looks ok for a juniors set, but if it does include Shocked it will be a little better. The $40 (I think) set looks fine. Minifigures are great, new Sandman, Spiderman, and Spiderman 2099. Vulture is so unnecessary it's sad, could have been anyone else. His wings look like downgrades from the 2017 version too. Another big Spider set, and it's an ugly red and blue, why Lego? Honestly the minifigures are so good I am tempted to buy the set but the build puts me off too much. Not expecting much from the Miles/Carnage set.

3 hours ago, strangely said:

Boom, exactly what my thoughts are. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, looks like they ditched the Superheroes name in favour of putting the individual sub-themes front and center *huh* I don't think Spidey is an exception here, I fully expect the same for the other sub-themes, be it Marvel or DC... I already kinda miss the previous boxart style, I thought the color coding (Marvel=red, DC=blue) was pretty cool :sceptic: This also confirms that Juniors doesn't exist as a separate theme anymore, as previously rumoured.

Juniors is indeed replaced by the 4+ 'subtheme'. I guess it let's them make more sets that they normally wouldn't (Star Wars does get 4+ sets this wave too, which are actually pretty cool as they have play functions were you shoot targets, but never had juniors sets). 

I do agree that buildings would be nice to get, but kids most likely want a vehicle :P 

Actually, I think there might be more to this new mech than people seem to think. 

In the new Spider-Verse trailer (the one that someone put on the previous page), there was an 'anime girl' Spider-Man who, for just a second, was shown with a big mechanical spider. 

And then we get a big mechanical spider in next year's sets. Coincidence? Hmmmm. 

Whatever the case, I'm always up for non-conventional mechs, so as far as next year's sets go this is gonna be pretty high on my priority list. 

EDIT: 'Anime girl Spider-Man' is a very real character, which confuses me immensely, and is apparently named 'Peni Parker'. 

Now, more than anything, I want an official minifigure of Peni Parker. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

58 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Actually, I think there might be more to this new mech than people seem to think. 

In the new Spider-Verse trailer (the one that someone put on the previous page), there was an 'anime girl' Spider-Man who, for just a second, was shown with a big mechanical spider. 

And then we get a big mechanical spider in next year's sets. Coincidence? Hmmmm. 

Whatever the case, I'm always up for non-conventional mechs, so as far as next year's sets go this is gonna be pretty high on my priority list. 

EDIT: 'Anime girl Spider-Man' is a very real character, which confuses me immensely, and is apparently named 'Peni Parker'. 

Now, more than anything, I want an official minifigure of Peni Parker. 

Peni's mech is called Sp//dr, its more just a minor coincidence than anything. Out of the various Spider-Vehicles we've currently seen (Spider Cycle, Spider Trike, Spider Copter, Spider Surfboard & Spider Car), LEGO just finally cached in on their mech hype. As well as a Spider Walker and Spider Plane

latest?cb=20141108021657

Also, they are probably trying to use all the Nexo Knights mechs they alteady had designed and wont use becuase of the theme cancellation

The Batman mech has a very strong Nexo Knights vibe going on

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Fair enough, but Aunt May appears in one of the sets. So the woman probably made a deal with the Devil  or something:laugh:

She would never!

...now someone ELSE might've made a deal with Mephisto on her behalf, but we do not speak of it...

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Peni's mech is called Sp//dr, its more just a minor coincidence than anything. Out of the various Spider-Vehicles we've currently seen (Spider Cycle, Spider Trike, Spider Copter, Spider Surfboard & Spider Car), LEGO just finally cached in on their mech hype. As well as a Spider Walker and Spider Plane

latest?cb=20141108021657

So what you're saying is, I need to make creating a custom of Peni and Sp//dr my top priority, :P

Y'now, looking at it again, the Spider-Man Mech in 72115 does look a bit like the SP//dr, especially the bulky, rounded shoulders . . .