Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

42 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Don't forget Spiderman: Far From Home, which will probably get 2 sets.

Lets also not forget Shazam!, Toy Story 4, Wonder Woman 1984, and The Lego Movie 2. 

With all these big themes Lego is going to be putting out, next year is indeed going to be an expensive one.

And Star Wars IX

2019 will be one hell of a year. That's why I couldn't believe when the Overwatch news came out.  

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do LEGO release battle packs for Marvel? 

Because a Skrulls battle pack would be nice. Like the DC one with Batman and the Parademons

There hasn't been any packs like the Batman vs Parademons, but there was a cheap £10 set for AoU featuring Iron Man and 3 Ultron Drones. Something like this would be ideal for Captain Marvel, just one set with her and 3 Skrulls, then a bigger set with her, Mar-Vell, Ronan and Talos

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

@Robert8 Dang! I forgot about those other two themes.

My wallet is pretty much going to be for decoration next year.

Haha :laugh: Not heard that one before! Lego’s mech game looks pretty strong to me next year.

In my view - here are the figures i feel are likely and not as likely.

Likely figures;

• Captain Marvel (Kree suit and normal suit variant) the normal suit will probably be in the cheaper set while the Kree Suit should be the rarer one
  • Mar-Vell, has a major role in the comics and is certain to spend some or most the film interacting with Captain Marvel
  • Ronan the Accuser, released in only one other set and being brought back for this film, chances are we'll get a slightly altered variant/updated figure
  • Korath the Pursuer, missing from the GoTG1 sets and being a member of the Starforce this figure seems incredibly likely
  • Talos (Skrull and Human disguise variant) chances are the Skrull appearance of this character will alter to make him stand out more amongst the other Skrull
  • Nick Fury (Two eyes), given this is partially set in the past we could definitely get a variant of Nick Fury - the lack of an eye patch increases chances
  • Generic Skrull, great incentive to army build, but not entirely necessary as Skrulls have a massive potential to feature in future films

Not as likely figures;

• Carol Danvers, i expect this variation would be saved for Avengers 4 or potentially a future film
  • Att-Lass, depends on role, has been a villain in the comics so if he survives could always get a figure of him later or in Avengers 4
  • Minn-Erva, depends on role, has been a villain in the comics so if she survives could always get a figure of her later or in Avengers 4
  • Bron-Char, depends on role, has been a villain in the comics so if he survives could always get a figure of him later or in Avengers 4
  • Maria Rambeau, has been combined with Monica Rambeau and could be a hero in future films, however role in this film will probably be small
  • Phil Coulson, while he appears in this movie it is unclear how large his role is, him and Nick Fury are in a similar situation however Nick features a variation to his design justifying him as 'likely' as opposed to Phil.

We'll get Nick Fury again, I'd be willing to bet money on it. He's hugely popular, and it will have been four years since he was in a set, and six years since he was in a set that was somewhat affordable.

Are LEGO just going to stick to Movie characters & sets?

I'm wondering if the Marvel TV series are popular enough to warrant sets/minifigs producing.

I know they made an official Iron Fist minifig but I don't see anything official for Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones etc. There's also the new wave of TV characters coming soon in Marvel Rising. Ghost Spider, Quake, Ms Marvel & of course Squirrel Girl will be making an appearance (no prizes for guessing where my interest lies)

Hopefully there's enough of a demand for them.

They already did Ghost Rider and Ms. Marvel, so odds they will not release another set with them. Squirrel Girl is popular so it is a maybe.

TV live action Marvel shows are for mature viewers so not a fit for LEGO sets, maybe just some promotional Con exclusives.

1 hour ago, Chiaroscuro said:

TV live action Marvel shows are for mature viewers so not a fit for LEGO sets, maybe just some promotional Con exclusives.

The new Marvel Rising series & Film are animated and debuting on the Disney Channel. Ghost Spider is part of this series. It's a female version of Spiderman nothing to do with Ghost Rider ;)

7 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

I know they made an official Iron Fist minifig but I don't see anything official for Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones etc. 

I’m no Marvel nut but I’m pretty sure there’s a Power Man fig. Round about the same time as Iron Fist and Nova

50 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m no Marvel nut but I’m pretty sure there’s a Power Man fig. Round about the same time as Iron Fist and Nova

There is but it isn't based on Luke Cage, but rather Victor Alvarez.

sh104.png

5 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Ghost spider is just Spider Gwen, she’s in the recently announced Spider-Man set for late 2018 or early 2019.

Right.

50 minutes ago, Schwa said:

Fair play, like I said, out of my wheelhouse on this one. Didn’t even know that there was more than one PM!

1 hour ago, Schwa said:

sh104.png

That is definitely Luke Cage. This is what he looks like in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon series. Victor Alvarez happens to have a similar appearance in the comics, but we have an official Luke Cage figure ... it's just not how we usually picture Luke looking. I like Luke's look, but Luke looks like luck licked his design and this is what we are stuck with. Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.

4 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

That is definitely Luke Cage. This is what he looks like in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon series. Victor Alvarez happens to have a similar appearance in the comics, but we have an official Luke Cage figure ... it's just not how we usually picture Luke looking. I like Luke's look, but Luke looks like luck licked his design and this is what we are stuck with. Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes

I just had a stroke reading this but you are correct.

11 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

That is definitely Luke Cage. This is what he looks like in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon series. Victor Alvarez happens to have a similar appearance in the comics, but we have an official Luke Cage figure ... it's just not how we usually picture Luke looking. I like Luke's look, but Luke looks like luck licked his design and this is what we are stuck with. Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.

Some research has led to the conclusion that you are correct. Someone better update Bricklink. Now I don't feel bad using that as a Luke Cage figure.

Edited by Schwa

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

*huh* I feel better yet confused at the same time :laugh:

17 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

*huh* I feel better yet confused at the same time :laugh:

20 hours ago, Schwa said:

Some research has led to the conclusion that you are correct. Someone better update Bricklink. Now I don't feel bad using that as a Luke Cage figure.

20 hours ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

I just had a stroke reading this but you are correct.

A) I had no idea that Bricklink had updated their database to be SO WRONG! 

B) I have posted a suggestion on Bricklink to update.

C) Lego did a pretty good job adapting the look of the character from the cartoon

2267996-luke.png

D) Read Fox in Sox by Dr. Seuss.

With Mister Negative having such a big part in the PS4 Spider-Man game one has to wonder if LEGO will slip him into a set next year to cash in, like what they did with Suicide Squad.

9 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

With Mister Negative having such a big part in the PS4 Spider-Man game one has to wonder if LEGO will slip him into a set next year to cash in, like what they did with Suicide Squad.

Maybe in the line with the Spider-Mech vs Venomech assuming that isn't a standalone set.

3 hours ago, Schwa said:

Maybe in the line with the Spider-Mech vs Venomech assuming that isn't a standalone set.

There are like 4/5 sets confirmed for the wave. We just don't know the details on them yet

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

There are like 4/5 sets confirmed for the wave. We just don't know the details on them yet

Four, including 76115 from SDCC, two other system-scale sets, and a Juniors set. I'm 95% sure that the line is set for December, but it's all informed speculation at this stage in the game. :)

Edited by Azani

6 hours ago, Azani said:

Four, including 76115 from SDCC, two other system-scale sets, and a Juniors set. I'm 95% sure that the line is set for December, but it's all informed speculation at this stage in the game. :)

In the UK, they will be released in January. Lego couldn’t stop American sites putting them out early so Llegust runs with it now. Still technically 2019 sets.