Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

8 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

FYI Update: 

As per my previous comment regarding this, @Clone OPatra and I will be temporarily closing this thread from the 24th to the 28th in a bid to prevent this thread from becoming an Endgame Spoiler-fest. 

In the interlude, please use the MCU film thread over in Culture and Multimedia if you wish to discuss the film itself. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thank you so much! 

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

I will never understand this level of fanaticism.

Man, I've never considered myself to need a psychologist, but yeah if/when tony and/or steve bite it I'll be devastated, I'm sure I could go in knowing spoilers, or even the full plot (though i'm staying away from anything from this point on as to avoid that eventuality) and still be devastated.

3 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

Mine has been ordered too :) Lego staff created separate order as I made a qualifying purchase on Sunday. Off to see Avengers Endgame this evening - so a great day all round 

Might order mine tonight. I'd like that $40 FFH set.

It's now the 24th here in Australia, and the first sessions will be finishing in a few hours and even sooner in New Zealand, so I reckon it's time for the shutdown to begin.

Hello all! Thank you for all of your patience. :thumbup:

As Endgame’s opening weekend is winding down, it is time to reopen this thread.

Please remain respectful of others in regards to spoilers. Use spoiler tags where necessary. Remember this thread is for set discussion first, film discussion second. 

Thanks and I hope everyone had a fun time at the movies! :wink:

Well, the sets represent the movie very little, in fact barely at all. I truly hope there's another wave or a D2C to make things right. I can't believe the Quinjet got a set this time around, since it's basically not in the movie (unless sitting in the background of a shot counts I guess). The only set I think actually sort of represents the movie is the Avengers compound, which is sad since that set is pretty plain by itself.

While seeing the movie did hurt my opinion of the sets, at the same time, I can't be mad at Lego. I am really betting Marvel gave them almost nothing to go on when making these sets, so really this was probably as good as it was getting.

Side-note: I will definitely be using the new braided bun hairpiece from the City Fairground set for Shuri. I'd also like to believe the introduction of this piece might hint at her popping up in a set again sometime soon.

I'm going to spoiler tag my thoughts for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

I only recall the Quinjet showing up briefly in the film. First with a shot from behind when Black Widow arrives in Tokyo and later at Hawkeye's farm. I'm pretty sure it was the redesigned Age of Ultron/Civil War version that appeared in the film and not the original SHIELD design from Avengers/Winter Soldier that the set is based upon, but I'm not complaining as the 2019 set is a huge improvement over the 2012 one.

The Hall of Armor is really an Iron Man 3 set with an Endgame logo slapped on the box but most of us had already guessed that. Given the circumstances there was no better time to introduce this set and I'm glad that we have it.

The War Machine Buster wasn't in the film though and is definitely a Lego creation. Still a good looking set that fits right in with the two Hulkbusters even if it is non-canon.

Looking at the complaints people had about the minifigures is interesting in retrospect. Ronan only appeared in a single scene before going back to good old Hawkeye. Captain Marvel surprisingly had very little screentime and her newly introduced longer hair look was quickly replaced by her shortest haircut yet. Even Black Widow's new catsuit only really appeared during her big scene. Its understandable why the sets came with the minifigures that they did.

What would I like to see in the future? Not too much actually. Rocket Raccoon and Captain America's new costumes, Pepper as Rescue, War Machine's new suit from the final battle, Valkyrie on her Pegasus and The Wasp using Ant-Man's new helmet piece are really the main standouts for me.

Man......the endgame sets are stupidly inaccurate ? minus one (kinda) but I won't specify which one yet. The molten man battle set though is amazing and my favorite set of the year 

I apologize if this has been rehashed multiple times, I do grant that it is annoying to have to repeat oneself. Do we know if there will be a second wave for Endgame? I am sure there will be sets for may years covering Infinity War/Endgame, but will we get a wave within the next year or so?

I speculated all along that the Endgame wave wouldn't be accurate, as the film was rather largely story based compared to action. However I do hope that there could be one single set released that would give the people something concrete from the film

A Sanctuary II ship, as seen for the final battle. Also with the Quantum Tunnel van.

Minifigures be Cap (with a fractured shield and MJOLNIR(!) as accessories), War Machine MK7, Rocket, Rescue, Valkyrie and Thanos (the armoured one we all want).

Could include a dark red version of the Infinity Gauntlet, complete with the 4 stones not included in the Compound set

Also on a side note, picked up the Hydro Man battle set, the build is just wonderful, and the Mysterio figure is just absolutely fantastic. Probably going to hold out on the Molten Man set until after the film, as I don't really care for his build, without seeing the movie for comparison or context (in the same vein that I'm not getting Caps bike after seeing how impactful it was on Endgame)

Edited by Quicksilver838

22 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I speculated all along that the Endgame wave wouldn't be accurate, as the film was rather largely story based compared to action. However I do hope that there could be one single set released that would give the people something concrete from the film

Hide contents

A Sanctuary II ship, as seen for the final battle. Also with the Quantum Tunnel van.

Minifigures be Cap (with a fractured shield and MJOLNIR(!) as accessories), War Machine MK7, Rocket, Rescue, Valkyrie and Thanos (the armoured one we all want).

Could include a dark red version of the Infinity Gauntlet, complete with the 4 stones not included in the Compound set

exactly, this would be amazing

36 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

I apologize if this has been rehashed multiple times, I do grant that it is annoying to have to repeat oneself. Do we know if there will be a second wave for Endgame? I am sure there will be sets for may years covering Infinity War/Endgame, but will we get a wave within the next year or so?

No, this is all we have, and all we will likely get.

SPOILERS in my views on set accuracy

Spoiler

The QR suits somehow manage to not only be innacurate in that they were seen for like 2 minutes but they don't even have the right helmets, not even for War machine, who kept his helmet, just with different colours. 

As expected, the cap bike and compound car, as well as the HOA being in endgame, are all made up. HOWEVER, when (LAST WARNING SPOILERS) nebula is alone at the time machine before the final battle, you can see the copter like the one from the compound in the background. Unexpectedly, the war machine buster is made up as well, and the quinjet was seen for a few seconds and seemed very different from what we got, meaning the most accurate set is (shudder) the compound, the one we all made fun of. The compound itself appeared in the film, despite not looking like that, and all characters present in the set are present in the scene. The scenario of thanos and his army attacking the compound is also right, and the fact that they had their own gauntlet is true as well. Heck, there's even a copter at the compound. These sets were terribly inaccurate, and i feel justified in my decision not to buy the 2 biggest of them.

SPOILERS in my views on how they could have been better, without spoiling much in the sets.

Spoiler

A better compound with scale cap, WM mk 7, comics rocket, rescue, and a more accurate thanos, as well as the short haired captain marvel from the climax. (side note, this film made me like the character more.) This spoils nothing more than the real set did, since we all already knew pepper would suit up.

A time machine with helmeted QR suit hawkeye, nebula, war machine, and a QR suit hulk, with outriders/chitauri attacking. This does include the time machine, but they could just say "compound attack" or something because to be honest it really doesn't look like a time machine unless you know what happens, it could be part of more of the compound. This would also be the only way to get QR suits besides in the polybag.

maybe some chitauri stuff with an accurate thor and mk 85, spoiling no more than their inclusion in the quinjet did.

A japan showdown set with ronin, the japanese mob boss, and black widow.

And this would never happen and also be a waste of a spot, but it would be hilarious to see a 'thors mancave" set with shirtless fat thor, korg, miek, a tv with a (shudder) fortnite print, pizza and "soda" everywhere.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

One thing I noticed about the 'Quantum Realm Suit' variants in Endgame;

Spoiler

They all had Ant-Man style helmets! All except War Machine, that is. Now I really wish that Lego had included alternate helmets for at least Nebula, Thor, Hawkeye and Widow. 

I'm still getting the War Machine Buster, but mostly for the new Ant-Man helmet and because I want to repurpose it for a MOC. 

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Hide contents

I only recall the Quinjet showing up briefly in the film. First with a shot from behind when Black Widow arrives in Tokyo and later at Hawkeye's farm. I'm pretty sure it was the redesigned Age of Ultron/Civil War version that appeared in the film and not the original SHIELD design from Avengers/Winter Soldier that the set is based upon, but I'm not complaining as the 2019 set is a huge improvement over the 2012 one.

The Hall of Armor is really an Iron Man 3 set with an Endgame logo slapped on the box but most of us had already guessed that. Given the circumstances there was no better time to introduce this set and I'm glad that we have it.

The War Machine Buster wasn't in the film though and is definitely a Lego creation. Still a good looking set that fits right in with the two Hulkbusters even if it is non-canon.

Looking at the complaints people had about the minifigures is interesting in retrospect. Ronan only appeared in a single scene before going back to good old Hawkeye. Captain Marvel surprisingly had very little screentime and her newly introduced longer hair look was quickly replaced by her shortest haircut yet. Even Black Widow's new catsuit only really appeared during her big scene. Its understandable why the sets came with the minifigures that they did.

What would I like to see in the future? Not too much actually. Rocket Raccoon and Captain America's new costumes, Pepper as Rescue, War Machine's new suit from the final battle, Valkyrie on her Pegasus and The Wasp using Ant-Man's new helmet piece are really the main standouts for me.

Spoiler

The Quinjet was in the movie at all? Huh. Come to think of it, I did see it at Tokyo, but I assumed that was just the Benatar. 

I really want a Rescue minifig too. The suit was gorgeous in the film and I'm seriously considering looking for a good-quality custom job. Also, Professor Hulk and new War Machine. And Morgan! I am so definitely going to throw together a purist custom of Morgan. I'm thinking the tourist torso from the new Jurassic World Triceratops set this year would be a good start. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

I suspect Lego only included Captain Marvel in the Compound because they, like us, expected her to have a bigger role than she did. Eh. 

Spoiler

After seeing End Game, here something's they could have made:

# 1 Thano's tanks

# 2 Giant Outriders

# 3 Leviathans 

Here are characters they could have put in sets:

# 1 Ronin

# 2 Rescue Armor Pepper Potts

# 3 the Black Order

# 4 Professor Hulk

# 5 all gold Armored Thanos with the same arms, but grey prints on his body and double blade sword

# 6 Sakaaran (they were there too)

# 7 Fat Thor

Spoiler

One set that could tie up the missing figures nicely would be a final battle for maybe $130 with a brick build Leviathan and new Giant-man, Valkyrie in her white armor and her Pegasus thing, Pepper in her Rescue armor, Ronin (him with the gauntlet and all the stones would be fitting), Scale suit Cap with Mjolnir, and a few outriders and maybe small "filler" of the destruction. and a second set could be New Asgard with Professor Hulk, Rockets new outfit, Korg, Miek, and Thor with Thor, Korg, and Miek's house and the truck Hulk and Rocket ride down in. 

Edited by Nexogeek

We still may get some missing figures through Bricktober or something similar.

I think the biggest, obvious one is

Rescue, followed by whatever they're calling Fat Bearded Thor.

Edited by doclord

15 minutes ago, doclord said:

We still may get some missing figures through Bricktober or something similar.

I think the biggest, obvious one is

Reveal hidden contents

Rescue, followed by whatever they're calling Fat Bearded Thor.

I honestly hope there's not another Bricktober debacle. I still can't believe Lego never didn't a distribution event or any way for Australia to get the Bricktober pack. Damnit, I want a Wong minifigure . . 

Spoiler

Slob Thor?

Also, something occurred to me a couple of days ago that I forgot about until now.

I cannot be the only one who thinks that Teen Groot (from Thor's Weapon Quest in the Infinity War line) would benefit from using the new brown mid-size legs in the Disney CMF. (I can't remember if it was Chip or Dale who had those legs, I'm too young to have been around for them.) He's clearly shorter than everyone else except Rocket, it can only help. 

Though this was pretty much already evident from the sets alone, seeing the film has really hit home how lackluster and uninspiring the majority of the sets are in all respects when compared to the film (a couple of them have redeeming features though they have nothing to do with the movie).

It's truly a shame that more budget wasn't allocated to the minifgures for whatever reason, and that we're not given a minifigure collection befitting the epic scale of Endgame. I'd think that given the excitement around the movie, LEGO would pull out all the stops on what matters to people most - the characters. Unless Marvel literally only supplied artwork of the characters in their QR suits, LEGO should've done better.

I hate to be a negative nancy, and I have voted with my wallet too and not bought any of the sets (never cared about collecting Iron Men). I'd love some accurate sets even if LEGO started designing now and they came out in two years, but I know that's not going to happen.

The Captain Marvel Art Print is '1 of 3'. So we have 2 additional art prints and potentially the Iron Man QRS suit that need releasing at some point directly via Lego - which definitely is going to require additional set/sets.

Given this we have to be getting at least one additional set - similar to Hulkbuster the 2 remaining art prints would be a normal and black/white art print of a Lego style Endgame poster or 10 years poster with all the characters. If we do not get an additional set we simply have no method for Lego to distribute the additional art prints without forcing people to buy multiples of the sets they already have. If i had to guess, a D2C is the most likely option even if it may not be based on Endgame.

Just now, Scarilian said:

The Captain Marvel Art Print is '1 of 3'. So we have 2 additional art prints and potentially the Iron Man QRS suit that need releasing at some point directly via Lego - which definitely is going to require additional set/sets.

Given this we have to be getting at least one additional set - similar to Hulkbuster the 2 remaining art prints would be a normal and black/white art print of a Lego style Endgame poster or 10 years poster with all the characters. If we do not get an additional set we simply have no method for Lego to distribute the additional art prints without forcing people to buy multiples of the sets they already have. If i had to guess, a D2C is the most likely option even if it may not be based on Endgame.

I hope you're right, though they might just be saving the posters for next year. 

It would be crazy for there to not be anymore sets at some stage - even if they aren't planned at this stage. Endgame looks like it may be the second biggest movie of all time, if not the first. Toys (Lego included) would be a great to milk what is a substantial cash cow in any definition of the expression

The quinjet the  set is based upon is the Avengers/Winter soldier one, but in the 2015 colours, kind of, it should have some read and white in there for that. It wasn’t in the movie at all, and hasn’t been in a movie since 2014

thw sets were terrible inaccurate, but then again basically all merch was. The only things worth getting from the war are caps helmet, Iron Man Mk85, Thanos and the outriders.

i think the hall of armour should have been billed a ‘The first 10 years’ set

Edited by Whovastron

I understand why Lego did the inaccurate sets, but it makes me crave for a second wave of Endgame sets even more. The inaccuracy hurts even more since we've been getting more movie-accurate sets over the past couple of waves like for Civil War and Infinity War (and no more Mandarin golf carts!).

Yeah, I'd happily fork out cash for some new sets. Busy building the quinjet, and figured I might pick up another for parts. I'll keep the extra figures for my son to play with - probably my favourite set of the wave

Some of the stuff might be based on early concepts (e.g the War Machine Buster or Cap‘s bike), wouldn‘t be the first time for the MCU :wink: I guess we‘ll know for certain once Marvel publish some concept art as they usually do

13 hours ago, strangely said:

I am really betting Marvel gave them almost nothing to go on when making these sets, so really this was probably as good as it was getting.

In general, this sums it up pretty well for me. 
Comparing the sets to the movie, this is how I feel:

Spoiler

The War Machine Buster was not in the actual film, which is too bad, but it's cool LEGO made it at least.
I really hope (and still kinda suspect) another set will appear, including Scale Suit Cap (with a shattered shield, as @Quicksilver838 also suggested); Captain Marvel; Thor with long beard & hair: Thanos in his armor like in the final battle and one of those gigantic outriders.

Of course, ideally, it would be cool to see an Old Cap as well, but I guess I can just make a custum one quite easily.

Regards,
Mitch