Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

it's photoshopped but that's about it.

This would be pretty cool to see done for real. Stupidly expensive if you did it by just buying 6 of the set, but still really cool.

Edited by shadefoundry

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Would personally try and get the Hall Of Armour as soon as possible honestly - it's going to be highly sought after for both the figures and for the potential of getting several for a larger Hall Of Armour. If you can time the Hall Of Armour purchase with the '30452-1: Iron Man and Dum-E' polybag (If it applies) then you'd make the most out of it. I can see the War Machine Buster getting reduced fairly quickly similar to the previous Hulkbuster style sets.

Personally going to be after the Hall Of Armour, i like the figures even if i feel that MK41 needed arm printing. With luck i may have close to 50 different Iron Man variants before Endgame - though some figures are trickier than others to find/replicate.

Thanks for the advice.~ The armour hall is definitely a good invest since it has some nice figures and will be a good way to display my iron man suits. Igor will be a treat to modify and make it more bulky and less gappy. 

Edited by Captain-DeadPool
Accidentally quoted multiple quotes and needed to shorten the amount

24 minutes ago, Captain-DeadPool said:

Igor will be a treat to modify and make it more bulky and less gappy. 

Really? I plan to decrease the bulk - though that might be so that it can fit into an eight-stud-wide 'case', such that it's twice as wide as a standard suit. As it is it's eleven studs wide, because of the shoulders, so that's what I'm going to modify most. 

4 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

This would be pretty cool to see done for real. Stupidly expensive if you did it by just buying 6 of the set, but still really cool.

I'm thinking to buy 3 sets. This is way too tall but to be honest it's still missing 1 row if we have all 1-50 Ironman suits. But as of right now we just have atleast 14-16 suits? Dunno the exact number. I think 3 sets will be enough.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Really? I plan to decrease the bulk - though that might be so that it can fit into an eight-stud-wide 'case', such that it's twice as wide as a standard suit. As it is it's eleven studs wide, because of the shoulders, so that's what I'm going to modify most. 

Are you planning to incorporate a minifigure inside your Igor?

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve seen this before, it’s incredible. He made it out of one of those Lego minifigure shaped clocks. I think he used PVC for the helmet spires

Also, I don’t think the wait will be that long for X-men and F Four sets. Think about it, after Endgame there are no more massive MCU crossover movies anytime soon. We’ll get one or two sets from each movie but that’s maybe two or three a year. There will be plenty of room for non-MCU marvel sets in the near future so hopefully we’ll see the fox properties in sets pretty soon

I'd rather see them returning to older MCU films to make sets similair to the custom ones cm4sci is making!

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Are you planning to incorporate a minifigure inside your Igor?

Yep. I'll change the torso design do that only the head part opens and the chest part is fixed in place, condense the width of the torso to four studs rather than six at the shoulders, which will let me use some SNOT to wrap around the fig structurally. Maybe some of the arms will be a bit exposed, but given Igor will mostly be viewed from the front while on display I can live with it. I'm also going to replace the ball joints on the shoulders with rotating Technic pins. If I do that and replace the 1x2x2/3 curved bricks on the shoulders with tiles, that'll limit the width of each shoulder to 1.6 studs - if I do all that, then at it's widest point Igor should have space equal to the thickness of one plate on either side of my eight-stud-wide display case. I'd prefer to have a minifigure pilot, but if need be I'll settle for just having a head on a jumper plate. 

I've been laying the groundwork on my Hall for weeks, just need the parts from the official set to finish it. It's my first MOC (MOD?) that I'm really proud of and feel like is up to the standards of 'real AFOLs', so I'm going to post pictures on here when it's done and hope people like the design. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd rather see them returning to older MCU films to make sets similair to the custom ones cm4sci is making!

I hope they go back to older MCU sets too. Particularly Iron Man 3, I want the Mark 17 but it costs so much on the aftermarket . .

Edited by Feng-huang0296

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I've been laying the groundwork on my Hall for weeks, just need the parts from the official set to finish it. It's my first MOC (MOD?) that I'm really proud of and feel like is up to the standards of 'real AFOLs', so I'm going to post pictures on here when it's done and hope people like the design. 

Looking forward to it, I really like it when people do mods to normal sets. I think my favorite mods are my IW Hulkbuster and my screen accurate Benatar (with the pod more accurately attached)

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm thinking to buy 3 sets. This is way too tall but to be honest it's still missing 1 row if we have all 1-50 Ironman suits. But as of right now we just have atleast 14-16 suits? Dunno the exact number. I think 3 sets will be enough.

At the moment we have 15 preexisting suits if we include comic book variants (invincible, scuba) and the mighty micro (classic), and ignore the expensive toycon exclusive. Throw in the 4 that come with the set itself and you're up to 19 total, so 3 will accommodate them all with space for more in the future. If you ignore the comic and mighty micro variants you'll have a full hall with just 2.

1 minute ago, shadefoundry said:

At the moment we have 15 preexisting suits if we include comic book variants (invincible, scuba) and the mighty micro (classic), and ignore the expensive toycon exclusive. Throw in the 4 that come with the set itself and you're up to 19 total, so 3 will accommodate them all with space for more in the future. If you ignore the comic and mighty micro variants you'll have a full hall with just 2.

I'd include Starboost and Hammerhead but dunno with ANAD too cartoony.

Edited by SpiderJazz

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'd include Starboost and Hammerhead but dunno with ANAD too cartoony.

ANAD == Invincible. :wink: It and the mighty micro armors are *definitely* too cartoony though if you're going for strictly MCU. Personally I'll be using mine for a more comicy version so I'm going to include them.

Edited by shadefoundry

36 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

Wasn't the scuba basically mark 37 from the mcu?

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

By make Bulky I mean make the gap less appareant and more smooth and streamlined. Apologies for not clarifying.

Endgame sets are releasing Sunday in the states. Shouldn’t we know by now if we are getting the avengers tower set promo? Haven’t seen anything official for the US, anyone see any different?

18 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Endgame sets are releasing Sunday in the states. Shouldn’t we know by now if we are getting the avengers tower set promo? Haven’t seen anything official for the US, anyone see any different?

With lego's new promotion system (which is super crappy) they do not announce promotions untill the day before it starts. But the Avengers Tower is a promo for late april, not for alongside the Endgame sets

Endgame sets are in my local store in England (in the Devon area)

Picked up the Hall and Rhodey buster

Edited by Quicksilver838

6 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

what store in the uk?

18 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

what store in the uk?

Toymaster

50 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Lucky. They're still nowhere to be found in U.S.

I don’t count the Invincible or the Mighty Micros even though I own both. I also don’t think the AoU Iron Legion should be included either (but that may be because I don’t own one of them) nor the minifig that came with the UCS Hulkbuster since it is just the Mark 43 transforming.

34 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I don’t count the Invincible or the Mighty Micros even though I own both. I also don’t think the AoU Iron Legion should be included either (but that may be because I don’t own one of them) nor the minifig that came with the UCS Hulkbuster since it is just the Mark 43 transforming.

Would you count the quantum suit Iron Man? I’m not sure I would but what do you think? And I’m on the fence about the Iron Legion. Hey shouldn’t count, but they are cool enough for me to want to include them somehow

2 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

It’s a promo for the release of the film, not the release of the sets. So we’ll see the promo the week of April 22-26

49 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

That (open) Mark 43 is inside my Hulkbuster. Won't be included in HOA. 

If you have 4 legions you can put in above the HOA seperate from the suits itself. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

With lego's new promotion system (which is super crappy) they do not announce promotions untill the day before it starts. But the Avengers Tower is a promo for late april, not for alongside the Endgame sets

I appreciate the heads up! There’s no marvel promo for April 1st just to clarify though? Not even the iron man polybag? 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Would you count the quantum suit Iron Man? I’m not sure I would but what do you think?

I got into the 'collecting Iron Man suits' game super late. Outside of the four that actually come with the Hall (I mean I already have the Mark 50 from Infinity War, but still), the only Iron Man suit I have is the Mark 45, and that's only because I happened to find the Iron Man vs. Ultron Set from a few years back cheap on eBay a couple of weeks ago. Not counting Igor, I've built eight slots into my Hall (with room to expand) but only have five suits, six counting Iron Spider. So yes, I do intend to get the Quantum Iron Man polybag and put it in the Hall. Even if it's just as a placeholder to fill space until I get more actual suits. 

(And if anyone can recommend ways to get the other older ones at fair prices, particularly Heartbreaker, Scuba and Starboost, I'd appreciate it a lot!)