Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, doclord said:

I'm going to be hurting if at midnight they put up the Spidey sets and the Avengers Tower promo has mysteriously disappeared.

I wish you could just buy promos individually, they always put them out when there's nothing to buy. The bricktober pack was waaay after anything was released, and anyone who wanted to spend $75 on the endgame wave would have done so before this promotion started.

Far From Home sets have been up in AUS & NZ Shop@home since this morning.  But we don't have the Free Avengers Tower promo.

Sets are now up on Shop@Home. Avengers Tower and the Captain Marvel art print are free if you purchase over $75 worth of Marvel sets (in the US). I’d recommend buying the Hydro-Man and Molten Man sets, and getting a regular price Iron Man or Spider-Man keychain and pairing it with the Black Panther keychain on sale to get to $76. I’m hoping Target or Walmart will discount the Stark Jet very soon. 

I'll be buying the Hydro-Man set and the War Machine Buster (which I saved so I would reach the 75$ pricepoint more easily)

8 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Do you guys think target will discount the molten man set? I'm hoping to buy it at $25

Even if Target doesn't, they’ll match the price whenever Amazon has it at 20% off. 

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m hoping Target or Walmart will discount the Stark Jet very soon. 

I’ll be honest, that set is not for me. Even at 20% off, or $54 US, I’d still be buying it for 2 minifgures and a questionably good build. To each their own, but I’ve looked over it a lot and it’ll be the first set I don’t buy since the Hydra Fortress Smash in 2015.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wish you could just buy promos individually, they always put them out when there's nothing to buy. The bricktober pack was waaay after anything was released, and anyone who wanted to spend $75 on the endgame wave would have done so before this promotion started.

That's why I always wait to buy sets until they have promotions like this.

Well, that and also because I'd be living under a bridge in a cardboard box if I bought every set I wanted on release day.

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Even if Target doesn't, they’ll match the price whenever Amazon has it at 20% off. 

I’ll be honest, that set is not for me. Even at 20% off, or $54 US, I’d still be buying it for 2 minifgures and a questionably good build. To each their own, but I’ve looked over it a lot and it’ll be the first set I don’t buy since the Hydra Fortress Smash in 2015.

Understandable. I quite like Lego aircraft though and I get pretty much every single Marvel set so I’ll still be buying it, I just want to wait until it’s on sale. 

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

........ they always put them out when there's nothing to buy. The bricktober pack was waaay after anything was released, and anyone who wanted to spend $75 on the endgame wave would have done so before this promotion started.

But.... we had plenty of fore knowledge about this promo and the requirements needed to get it, even before the endgame sets were released.

I planned accordingly and purchased 76123, 76124, 76125, and 76126  for 20% off saving   76131 to purchase through Lego shop to get a tower promo

then took a chance that they still had them at my local lego store today(which they did) and purchased the three FFH sets and a  76133  and  was able to score two more towers

Just capitalized on the tower deal from S@H with the FFH sets. After taxes and vip discounts, I snagged the Molten Man and Hydro Man sets for $90 CAD ($67 usd) with the Avengers Tower still included. Not a huge discount but it's enough that I can't really complain, especially considering that I was going to buy the two sets regardless.

Edited by shadefoundry

5 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

Just capitalized on the tower deal from S@H with the FFH sets. After taxes and vip discounts, I snagged the Molten Man and Hydro Man sets for $90 CAD ($67 usd) with the Avengers Tower still included. Not a huge discount but it's enough that I can't really complain, especially considering that I was going to buy the two sets regardless.

I got those too this morning in one order, and 76130 in a different order, so 2 avengers Towers for me!!   

On 4/19/2019 at 5:58 PM, Pchan1983 said:

looks like the fix is to remove it from AUS & NZ shop@home =(  I no longer see the Free exclusive Avengers Tower banner anymore.

Still no word on when Australia will see the avengers tower mini promotion set?

Will be such a shame if we have to buy for 3 x the price on ebay!

23 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

I got those too this morning in one order, and 76130 in a different order, so 2 avengers Towers for me!!   

Very nice! What are you going to do with the second one? Personally I'd sit on it for a few decades and sell it off when it's worth an absurd amount.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:56 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Chances are very low, at least we already know we're not getting a new set

If it's a retailer exclusive, we can get another set.

6 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

That's why I always wait to buy sets until they have promotions like this.

Well, that and also because I'd be living under a bridge in a cardboard box if I bought every set I wanted on release day.

That's true. I personally can't bring myself to wait a month or so.

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

But.... we had plenty of fore knowledge about this promo and the requirements needed to get it, even before the endgame sets were released.

I planned accordingly and purchased 76123, 76124, 76125, and 76126  for 20% off saving   76131 to purchase through Lego shop to get a tower promo

then took a chance that they still had them at my local lego store today(which they did) and purchased the three FFH sets and a  76133  and  was able to score two more towers

Maybe this one, but others, like the bricktober pack, weren't known about until the other sets had been out for months.

Also, I can't spend $445 on marvel lego sets in a single month. My wallet hates me enough as it is.

Hopefully Lego Stores have the FFH sets in stock already. I want to buy the molten man set when I go see endgame this Thursday at the mall

13 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Still no word on when Australia will see the avengers tower mini promotion set?

It's live now for NZ now so I assume AUS the same.  Go get your quickly with the Far From Home sets.

1 hour ago, Pchan1983 said:

It's live now for NZ now so I assume AUS the same.  Go get your quickly with the Far From Home sets.

geez good thing I looked lol.

thanks for the heads up, purchased!!

happy camper!

15 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Very nice! What are you going to do with the second one? Personally I'd sit on it for a few decades and sell it off when it's worth an absurd amount.

Well...  when it happens, I keep those for exchanges, but I never find anyone to trade with!    :grin:

FYI Update: 

As per my previous comment regarding this, @Clone OPatra and I will be temporarily closing this thread from the 24th to the 28th in a bid to prevent this thread from becoming an Endgame Spoiler-fest. 

In the interlude, please use the MCU film thread over in Culture and Multimedia if you wish to discuss the film itself. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

FYI Update: 

As per my previous comment regarding this, @Clone OPatra and I will be temporarily closing this thread from the 24th to the 28th in a bid to prevent this thread from becoming an Endgame Spoiler-fest. 

In the interlude, please use the MCU film thread over in Culture and Multimedia if you wish to discuss the film itself. 

That's a great decision! Good job mods!

Btw, its really off-topic but apparantly psychologists are warning people to be aware of the potential deaths in Endgame. They're expecting people to walk out with psychological problems if they're too attached to the characters :laugh_hard:

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

apparently psychologists are warning people to be aware of the potential deaths in Endgame. They're expecting people to walk out with psychological problems if they're too attached to the characters :laugh_hard:

I will never understand this level of fanaticism.

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

FYI Update: 

Thank you!

Mine has been ordered too :) Lego staff created separate order as I made a qualifying purchase on Sunday. Off to see Avengers Endgame this evening - so a great day all round