Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Personally I kinda like the stealth suit more than the Dikto suit. I'm surprised we got that one in favor, maybe the red/black suit isn't used for that long in the movie? Who knows 

As I've said it has the potential to be used in future movies so Lego can make them, it's not the end of the line.

Unlike for Avengers this could be their final movie and not getting their iconic suit is really bothering, coz there's no other chance.

Molten man looks fantastic, I love all of the street details (like street signs, traffic lights etc) especially.

I wonder if it's possible if there is an alternate face or hairpiece for Mysterio hidden in any of those set's inventories..

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Unlike for Avengers this could be their final movie and not getting their iconic suit is really bothering, coz there's no other chance.

I think there is always potential for the older films to be revisited if the MCU's steam slows down. Wizarding World, for example, has revisited these older films with great success. 

1 minute ago, VBBN said:

I think there is always potential for the older films to be revisited if the MCU's steam slows down. Wizarding World, for example, has revisited these older films with great success. 

But WW took a loooooooong way to be revisited. I dunno if lego is still a thing if that happens. And that just a speculation..

Only thing they can make up for those missing characters is another minifigure pack. 

Unlike Spidey's (black and red) suit, if we found out in the film that he will be using it moving forward that makes a solid statement that it can happen in the next film. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

True. That way I could display him together with Hydro-man I mean it would look good. But it is what it is.

I'd recommend using NRG Kai. I think that's the closest thing to Molten Man, and it fits the aesthetic of Hydro-Man pretty well.

2 minutes ago, Schwa said:

I'd recommend using NRG Kai. I think that's the closest thing to Molten Man, and it fits the aesthetic of Hydro-Man pretty well.

Moltor would be better, though he does require a little bit of customization

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Looking at the set, you're definitely right. Maybe add some armor to bulk him up a bit?

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Personally I kinda like the stealth suit more than the Dikto suit. I'm surprised we got that one in favor, maybe the red/black suit isn't used for that long in the movie? Who knows 

I think it's interesting we get a peter parker instead.

13 minutes ago, Schwa said:

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think Moltar from nexo knights works better, but there are no good head pieces for what we see in the trailer: a figure literally covered in fire.

the sets are starting to grow on me. I think molten man looks better, but the face still hurts the final build, and a generic firefighter and 3 mysterios when we don't have a ditko suit will annoy the heck out of me. Like I said, I like the bridge; it's a solid build and it has the spider-hood. The only part I don't like is that hydro-man looks nothing like that scene from the trailer, but who knows? maybe he looks like this in the film. The third set is ok, those  drones look nice, even though they are made up, and the jet isn't terrible, just overused. I would have preffered something with sandman and 

Spoiler

electro?

but I get that they need something for kids to swoosh. 

On 3/20/2019 at 4:52 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I think it's interesting we get a peter parker instead.

I think Moltar from nexo knights works better, but there are no good head pieces for what we see in the trailer: a figure literally covered in fire.

What about some of the parts from Flama from Nexo Knights? He's pretty "person covered in fire"-y. Throw in some flame pieces surrounding him in a build similar to Hydro Man's and you've got a pretty decent Molten Man. :thumbup:

Edited by shadefoundry

I'm starting to think that April 22 release isn't real, that is way too specific of a date. I can see these coming April 1st along with the endgame sets 

Edited by TOTDForever

Anyone find endgame sets at retail yet? 

What is the release date for them. I searched, but, only got movie results.

Release date for the Spider-man sets? Again, only movie results. 

14 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I'm starting to think that April 22 release isn't real, that is way too specific of a date. I can see these coming April 1st along with the endgame sets 

April 1st is too soon, most of the time movie sets based on new movies come out 1 or 2 months before the movie itself hits theatres. So by those standards the FFH sets should come out somewhere between early May and early June, we already know the sets have an april-release so the sets are most likely to come out at the end of april. April 22 isn't that odd for a releasedate if you take all this in mind

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

April 1st is too soon, most of the time movie sets based on new movies come out 1 or 2 months before the movie itself hits theatres. So by those standards the FFH sets should come out somewhere between early May and early June, we already know the sets have an april-release so the sets are most likely to come out at the end of april. April 22 isn't that odd for a releasedate if you take all this in mind

Unless we have a official confirmation about April 22 I will remain hopeful for a April 1st release lol

The two smaller sets look amazing! I love the look of Molten Man and the Venice bridge is cute. This wave also has a lot of great figures! Mysterious, Fury, Stealth Suit Spidey and ESPECIALLY Peter Parker are amazing! MJ and Happy would look better with different hair pieces. Not really sure why that’s an issue because it’s not like Lego was going off concept art this time.. we’ve known what Happy’s hair looks like for 11 years and same with MJ in the last Spidey movie. 

The plane looks fine too but you couldn’t pay me enough to buy another super heroes jet. Maria Hill has no reason to not be included anywhere, and same goes with Ned. He’d fit in better than the Firefighter.

If only a fraction of the effort here was put into the Endgame sets. :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Flama's head gear, maybe? Maybe also his head, the red version from Magmar's Siege tower anyway. 

Moltenman would fit in nicely with the fire monsters from Nexo Knights, actually. Hmm.

Wow! these sets are great! I don't hat the Endgame sets as much as everyone else, but I do thin these are better. Definitely the best Marvel wave of the year.

Molten Man Battle - Minifigures are very good here I am very surprised to see Mysterio in ever set but hey, he is probably the best minifigure of the theme this year. Stealth Spiderman is also great. The firefighter is fine but could have been replaced by someone like Ned or Flash. I am quite surprised by Molton Man too. He is quite terrifying for a Lego build. The street signs and the car are fantastic details!

Hydro Man Attack - I'm glad they included MJ, but she looks really off here. The shirt and hair do not look like the character. Peter on the other hand is looking great, Hydro Man is very cool too. The build here is excellent. The boat fits the scene well. The bridge reminds me a lot of the Venice Chase set from Indiana Jones, but its defiantly an improvement of the set. The  building looks very nice as well.

Stark Jet And The Drone Attack (got lazy with the names I see) - These minifigures are weak. Weird how they included the only repeat Spiderman in the big set. Nick Fury is nice, Mysterio is great but comes in the two  cheaper sets, and Happy is just... really REALLY inaccurate. Weird how this set manages to have one of the best and worst minifgures of the year. I think the build looks good. Enough room for the characters and a nice colour to it all. I do dislike the window stickers.

Overall very good. I was planning on getting whatever one had Mysterio in it, but it turns out he is in all the sets!

I really love the civvies Peter. I don't see myself getting the others, but Hydro-Man Attack is a must-have. The Venice build looks wonderful.

Sets look great gonna definitely pick up the Hydro-man attack. The build is wonderful.  Molten-Man looks pretty neat too.  I think Jon Favreau is generic looking anyway so I don't mind him looking that way and I can customize him to my liking if need be.  This year is going to be so expensive lego wise for me.  

The minifigures in the Molten Man Battle set look great.  I don't care about the fireman, but the other 2 are fantastic.  I will definitely be looking to get them.

4 minutes ago, x105Black said:

The minifigures in the Molten Man Battle set look great.  I don't care about the fireman, but the other 2 are fantastic.  I will definitely be looking to get them.

It's actually shocker in disguise. 

17 hours ago, saysonder said:

If only a fraction of the effort here was put into the Endgame sets. :sceptic:

That's the problem. ONLY a fraction of the here effort was put into endgame sets, and what a small fraction that was.

23 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

What about some of the parts from Flama from Nexo Knights. He's pretty "person covered in fire"-y. Throw in some flame pieces surrounding him in a build similar to Hydro Man's and you've got a pretty decent Molten Man. :thumbup:

true, thanks! I'm going to try to make a custom if I like the movie enough.

19 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I really love the civvies Peter. I don't see myself getting the others, but Hydro-Man Attack is a must-have. The Venice build looks wonderful.

same. The giant molten man one looks kind of bad and we get a marvel plane in like every wave, including the last 4 releases. (spider-man, captain marvel, endgame, FFH)

12 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's actually shocker in disguise. 

yes. Shocker is actually a massive cosplay fan and first appeared as a first order officer in 2016.

4 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

The endgame sets are on Ebay in UK, £20, £30, £55, £75 and £90

Does anyone know when Amazon will have them up? I really want to buy the compound set asap