Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 12/28/2018 at 2:09 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Looks like the CMF Black Canary Head from the Lego Batman Movie, definitely not her official one.

Just looked at the Black Canary head up close and you’re absolutely right! Thanks!

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76128 Molten Man's Battle
•22.2 x 26.2 x 6.2 cm - $30

•76031 The Hulk Buster Smash - $30
•76077 Iron Man: Detroit Steel Strikes - $30
•76104 The Hulkbuster Smash-Up - $30

76129 Hydro-Man's Attack
•28.2 x 26.2 x 7.6 cm - $40

•76103 Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack - $40

76130 Stark's Plane and Drone Attack
•38.2 x 26.2 x 7.1 cm - $50-$60

•76005 Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown - $50
•76018 Avengers: Hulk Lab Smash - $50
•76041 The Hydra Fortress Smash - $50
•76115 Spider Mech vs. Venom - $50
•76078 Hulk vs. Red Hulk - $60
•76088 Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash - $60

Sets with same box sizes.

76128 is pretty obvious, and it's 100% $30. 76129 is the only Marvel set with the same box size, and it's a 2018 one so I'm 99% sure it's $40. Things get more complicated with 76130, which box's size could be a $50 one, or $60 one. There are more $50 ones, so I'm heading more towards that price, but there's a possibility that it's $60.

With that price and box size for Molten Man’s Battle, I’m thinking he will be brick built. 

I got the Captain Marvel set today from Target. It’s actually pretty good. Nick Fury is pretty much perfect and I understand why they didn’t make a new face for him. I still dislike the Carol minifigure, but when I get home from vacation I’ll try putting Spidey’s legs on her and maybe try and find some red and dark blue arms, as well as a longer hairpiece. She really needed a new face, too. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that she actually does come with power blasts, and for some reason they just aren’t advertised on the box. Talos is better in hand, I just wish the headpiece had a little printing. I think it’s the same as Genie’s but I’ll compare it to my Gene figure at home to make sure. The Quinjet build is really awesome and I like it so much that I’m considering buying a second copy of the set. It feels like a $40 build in a $30 set which I really like. 

5 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

With that price and box size for Molten Man’s Battle, I’m thinking he will be brick built. 

That's actually true. Reliable leaker on Instagram said that in the movie he is a giant lava monster with random parts of HMS Belfast in it.

I'm guessing that the endgame sets are coming in March and the Far From Home sets in June. Does that sound correct?

18 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

I'm guessing that the endgame sets are coming in March and the Far From Home sets in June. Does that sound correct?

3 months is still too long of a wait for me.

We don't know when FFH sets release for sure, but June sounds most likely.

2 months to Endagme sets :wub:

5 months to Far From Home sets :moar:

I was thinking, maybe the "War Machine" crusher set is similar in build to the overwatch Reinhart. I can see Rhodey using an advanced suit like that 

On 12/31/2018 at 5:49 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's actually true. Reliable leaker on Instagram said that in the movie he is a giant lava monster with random parts of HMS Belfast in it.

That sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it. 

Maybe the War Machine Crusher is just a recolored Hulkbuster. If thats the case, I think I'll wait for a good sale on it, since I just got the Hulkbuster not 7 months ago.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:49 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

When mentioning movie related things like this that are kind of spoilery please use the spoiler box

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

When mentioning movie related things like this that are kind of spoilery please use the spoiler box

If this is true, this is the set description actually. No need for a spoiler box here.

Apparently, a new polybag is on its way :classic: It's a miniature version of the Spider Crawler, but for some reason, the mining included is the previous Ultimate version of Spidey *huh*

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hey everyone - what are your thoughts on if we'll get another UCS style set? Finished the Hulkbuster over Christmas and it is fantastic on display. I feel like a UCS Milano would be highly desirable, considering it is a very well liked design and the Guardians are very popular characters. Thoughts? What other MCU UCS do you think we could see?

On 1/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If this is true, this is the set description actually. No need for a spoiler box here.

It kinda is...it’s the same reason some sets aren’t shown at toy fairs because they reveal parts of the story.

58 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

It kinda is...it’s the same reason some sets aren’t shown at toy fairs because they reveal parts of the story.

It really isn’t that spoilery at all but at the same time I can certainly understand some people wanting to go in 100% blind to any expectations whatsoever. That being said, this is a discussion thread for rumors of future marvel sets so if you don’t want any information at all on the movies you’re really not in the right place.

36 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Yet the sets are usually shown and released before the film releases, so if any spoilers are in sets, we'd know them anyhow.

But then a lot of sets are inaccurate and we all just assume that things have been spoiled, like Thor using the Power Stone to create his new weapon, or the Soul Stone being used inside a Wakandan Cannon. But sometimes Lego throws in a figure in a set, just to complete a collection of necessary characters. Just looking back through the ages;

*Avengers; Iron Man pursing Loki and Hawkeye and Captain America having a bike

*Iron Man 3; Killian being attacked by Iron Man and War Machine on a boat, the Mandarin at the mansion attack, and just... the whole buggy set... As a whole

*Age of Ultron; Ultrons presence during the Hulkbuster fight, Iron Man and Vision's presence during the attempt to steal the cradle, as well as Ultron not yet being in his final form, Quicksilver not having his costume during the Hydra base scene

*Civil War; Crossbones' van does not appear, Black Panther's jet and Cap's 4x4 do not appear in the Winter Soldier chase scene, and Agent 13 was not present during the Airport battle

*Doctor Strange; no giant squid monster appears in the Sanctum Sanctorum

*GotGv2; Mantis wasn't present during Rocket's trolling of Ravagers (nor was Taserface's starship), Ayesha was not present during the final battle on Ego, and the Milano was not present during the Abilisk fight

*Homecoming; the robbers don't try to escape via bike, Iron Man doesn't fight Vulture and Shocker's van does not appear

*Ragnarok; Valkyrie's outfit is wrong for the final battle, and... Whatever Hela's stand is... Yeah

*Black Panther; Okoye does not ride the Rhino and the Talon Fighter doesn't represent any actual scene

*Infinity War; The Space, Power and Soul Stone do not belong in the scenes based on those sets (also there are two mind stones in the Wakandan fort :wink:), an Outrider using a Wakandan Cannon, Gamora's presence on Titan, and the butter knife. Also just the fact that Doctor Strange and Peter Parker are neighbors.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It really isn’t that spoilery at all but at the same time I can certainly understand some people wanting to go in 100% blind to any expectations whatsoever. That being said, this is a discussion thread for rumors of future marvel sets so if you don’t want any information at all on the movies you’re really not in the right place.

Fair point. I mostly stopped reading this thread because of all the movie-esque talk. I try to avoid too much extra curricular talk. 

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Yet the sets are usually shown and released before the film releases, so if any spoilers are in sets, we'd know them anyhow.

But then a lot of sets are inaccurate and we all just assume that things have been spoiled, like Thor using the Power Stone to create his new weapon, or the Soul Stone being used inside a Wakandan Cannon. But sometimes Lego throws in a figure in a set, just to complete a collection of necessary characters. Just looking back through the ages;

*Avengers; Iron Man pursing Loki and Hawkeye and Captain America having a bike

*Iron Man 3; Killian being attacked by Iron Man and War Machine on a boat, the Mandarin at the mansion attack, and just... the whole buggy set... As a whole

*Age of Ultron; Ultrons presence during the Hulkbuster fight, Iron Man and Vision's presence during the attempt to steal the cradle, as well as Ultron not yet being in his final form, Quicksilver not having his costume during the Hydra base scene

*Civil War; Crossbones' van does not appear, Black Panther's jet and Cap's 4x4 do not appear in the Winter Soldier chase scene, and Agent 13 was not present during the Airport battle

*Doctor Strange; no giant squid monster appears in the Sanctum Sanctorum

*GotGv2; Mantis wasn't present during Rocket's trolling of Ravagers (nor was Taserface's starship), Ayesha was not present during the final battle on Ego, and the Milano was not present during the Abilisk fight

*Homecoming; the robbers don't try to escape via bike, Iron Man doesn't fight Vulture and Shocker's van does not appear

*Ragnarok; Valkyrie's outfit is wrong for the final battle, and... Whatever Hela's stand is... Yeah

*Black Panther; Okoye does not ride the Rhino and the Talon Fighter doesn't represent any actual scene

*Infinity War; The Space, Power and Soul Stone do not belong in the scenes based on those sets (also there are two mind stones in the Wakandan fort :wink:), an Outrider using a Wakandan Cannon, Gamora's presence on Titan, and the butter knife. Also just the fact that Doctor Strange and Peter Parker are neighbors.

No doubt, we’ll all remember the Golf Cart of Doom:laugh:... 

Maybe in the past the toy fairs have been before the trailers drop? And therefore want the parts of those sets kept quiet?

Edited by Vindicare

I’m actually looking forward to getting a new Quinjet, I was worrried when I read it would be only $80 but at 800+ pieces it probably will be a very good build, similar to this first one we got from Avengers Assemble.  

19 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

Is the new Captain Marvel set an exclusive? I can only manage to see it on Lego.com US. 

It’s a target exclusive in the United States 

Does it have a different release date at Target vs the LEGO shop? It's live on LEGO.com but it hasn't popped up on the Target website and our local store hasn't gotten them yet either.

23 minutes ago, hamton52 said:

Does it have a different release date at Target vs the LEGO shop? It's live on LEGO.com but it hasn't popped up on the Target website and our local store hasn't gotten them yet either.

I don’t think so. I got it at Target a couple days before the January 1st release date.