Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, ottersaresick said:

Has anyone seen this? Is there another captain marvel set?

That’s not actual LEGO. That’s a knock off brand of Lego 

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sony want a Sinister Six movie and the Spider-man films are leading to this.

Elementals are not the team 'Elementals' but are instead repurposed classic villains; Molten Man, Hydro-man, Whirlwind (Who may be partially combined with Electro) and Sandman.

The original Sinister Six was Doctor Octopus, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman, and Vulture

Homecoming introduced Vulture, Shocker and Scorpion
Far From Home introduces Mysterio, Molten Man, Hydro-Man, Whirlwind and Sandman

If i had to guess;
Scorpion will replace Kraven, who has a spin-off planned with Sony.
Shocker or Whirlwind will replace Electro, whose reputation was weakened by The Amazing Spider-man 2.
Doctor Octopus will be the main villain of Spider-man 3 as founder of the Sinister Six or having him as the main villain to set up a Sinister Six sony movie.

----

As such i am almost entirely sure the spoiler, the reason why the big Mysterio set is being considered a spoiler, is because it has Sandman as the ground elemental.

No way we're getting Whirlwind. He's a mutant. We'll probably get the French villain, Cyclone.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

No way we're getting Whirlwind. He's a mutant. We'll probably get the French villain, Cyclone.

Whirlwind is the one they have defaulted to in adaptations recently. Plus kind of expect the wind villain to be an amalgamation of characters rather than a singular one so they could always change the backstory. Though calling the villain Cyclone would fit the same role.

Spoiler

I'm fairly sure Sandman is the only ground manipulating hero that Spider-man's rogue gallery possess though, other than the actual Elemental. So that should definitely be him...

25 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

We are definitely not FAR FROM seeing these sets *wink* *wink*

Timeline? :P

Edited by Scarilian

Should be a decent wave coming up. The new side villains sound like they're going to be interesting minifigures and I'm glad Spider-Man is getting more new suits instead of reusing the Homecoming figure. The unmasked head is a nice bonus. But I'm really looking forward to seeing how Mysterio turns out. I'm hoping the MCU version will include his fishbowl and not wind up being grounded and boring like Shocker was in the last film.

Not bothered about Michelle being excluded from the sets. I never liked the whole "she's MJ but not the real MJ" thing about her character and don't particularly want a figure wasted on her when we still don't have Black Cat or a regular Gwen Stacy yet.

I’m kind of thinking the “War Machine Crusher” will probably end up being War Machine’s version of the Hulkbuster or something along those lines. This is 100% my own speculation and is not in any way backed up with evidence, it’s just the first thing I think of when I see that set name. If that’s true, it will be a pretty awesome looking build

Do you think we'll be getting a reuse of the Bricktober War Machine in the War Machine Crusher set? Normally I wouldn't ask this, but due to the fact that the Bricktober set was unavailable in several countries, I can see the possibility of them putting the minifigures from it into actual sets.

2 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Do you think we'll be getting a reuse of the Bricktober War Machine in the War Machine Crusher set? Normally I wouldn't ask this, but due to the fact that the Bricktober set was unavailable in several countries, I can see the possibility of them putting the minifigures from it into actual sets.

Very unlikely as War Machine has a new variant in the film. Also despite whether it was or wasn't available in some regions, it really defeats the purpose of exclusive minifigures if you reuse one in a set. He's too detailed to be in a normal set anyhow :tongue:

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Not gonna happen. What's the purpose of them being in that exclusive pack if they will be in the set.

Also, design wise it is very different. 

Like @Quicksilver838 said, he's a superb minifigure to be on a set.

Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

Since we may be getting more Outriders, I wonder if LEGO will update the design and only use 4 arms rather than 6. 

I hope so, and I’d love if they used the arm piece introduced with Rio (?) from the AT Hauler

I want to say this as a disclosure, all of the FFH info I reported on here could very well be false. I am not confident in it as of right now as my source was being wishy washy. I further apologize for the info dump if any part of what I said does in fact turn out to be false. I by no means meant to come off as a troll I was just sharing exciting news because I am really excited about the FFH wave.

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I want to say this as a disclosure, all of the FFH info I reported on here could very well be false. I am not confident in it as of right now as my source was being wishy washy. I further apologize for the info dump if any part of what I said does in fact turn out to be false. I by no means meant to come off as a troll I was just sharing exciting news because I am really excited about the FFH wave.

I'm not surprised.

I mean I don't want to be rude. But I don't buy the "multiple head" it sounds so obvious to me. :sadnew:

7 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm not surprised.

I mean I don't want to be rude. But I don't buy the "multiple head" it sounds so obvious to me. :sadnew:

I was optimistic, and meant no ill will. I'm just an excited fanboy and not an official leaker. Heck, I'm just a messenger 

No worries^^

And btw, I've seen the size boxes for these sets, we will have to wait for confirmation. There is no small sized set for Far From Home.

@Falconfan1414 will be always posting any news we get as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

No worries^^

And btw, I've seen the size boxes for these sets, we will have to wait for confirmation. There is no small sized set for Far From Home.

@Falconfan1414 will be always posting any news we get as much as possible. 

That is interesting, 2  mediums" and a large. 

76128 Molten Man's Battle
•22.2 x 26.2 x 6.2 cm - $30

76129 Hydro-Man's Attack
•28.2 x 26.2 x 7.6 cm - $40

76130 Stark's Plane and Drone Attack
•38.2 x 26.2 x 7.1 cm - $50

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76129 Hydro-Man's Attack

$30 for the Moltenman set is interesting, but I'm all for it if it means more pieces to add detail to the build of the set

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Should be a decent wave coming up. The new side villains sound like they're going to be interesting minifigures and I'm glad Spider-Man is getting more new suits instead of reusing the Homecoming figure. The unmasked head is a nice bonus. But I'm really looking forward to seeing how Mysterio turns out. I'm hoping the MCU version will include his fishbowl and not wind up being grounded and boring like Shocker was in the last film.

Not bothered about Michelle being excluded from the sets. I never liked the whole "she's MJ but not the real MJ" thing about her character and don't particularly want a figure wasted on her when we still don't have Black Cat or a regular Gwen Stacy yet.

Including a new figure based on a character that has never gotten a minifigure before is not a waste. Including 2 identical Iron-Man's in one wave (Infinity War), that's a waste!

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76129 Hydro-Man's Attack

so its the box sizes of these sets....

76104 The Hulkbuster Smash Up

76103 Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack

76088 Thor vs Hulk: Arena Clash

...is this correct?

Sorry i forgot that the Hydro-Man's Attack set is the box size of..

76083 - Beware the Vulture!

Those sets sounded fairly reasonable, the only red flag for me was two different heads for Peter, but it isn’t unheard of. Remember the last Captain Marvel minifig? 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Those sets sounded fairly reasonable, the only red flag for me was two different heads for Peter, but it isn’t unheard of. Remember the last Captain Marvel minifig? 

Not real. The set descriptions are fake.

•76031 The Hulk Buster Smash - $30
•76077 Iron Man: Detroit Steel Strikes - $30
•76104 The Hulkbuster Smash-Up - $30

76129 Hydro-Man's Attack

•76103 Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack - $40

•38.2 x 26.2 x 7.1 cm - $50-$60

•76005 Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown - $50
•76018 Avengers: Hulk Lab Smash - $50
•76041 The Hydra Fortress Smash - $50
•76115 Spider Mech vs. Venom - $50
•76078 Hulk vs. Red Hulk - $60
•76088 Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash - $60

Sets with same box sizes.

76128 is pretty obvious, and it's 100% $30. 76129 is the only Marvel set with the same box size, and it's a 2018 one so I'm 99% sure it's $40. Things get more complicated with 76130, which box's size could be a $50 one, or $60 one. There are more $50 ones, so I'm heading more towards that price, but there's a possibility that it's $60.

Anyone know when the Captain Marvel set is set to release? I assumed it'd be January 1 but I haven't seen any news of them showing up in stores yet besides the initial leak.

Edit: NVM didn't think to check the LEGO shop website, apparently it's tomorrow!

Edited by hamton52
question no longer needs to be answered

I also saw the Captain Marvel set in store yesterday in Chesapeake VA if that helps. 

Stranger things have happened, but I find it very hard to believe they would put the Sinister Six in a movie without it being name Spider-Man villains, especially someone like Whirlwind who isn’t even a B-List Spidey villain, he’s not a Spider-Man villain at all. I’d rather they bring back the Shocker than start pulling from other character’s rogues gallery.