Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Saw the Hulk. I like it, the smirk is different and I'm glad he doesn't have an entire suit like on the promo art.
The different hair adds something to it as well, in my opinion.

Regards,
Mitch

Hulk is really disappointing. Avengers 1 had a better Hulk than this one and its bright green! AoU Hulk will always be the best regular Hulk. Gladiator ones amazing too sadly that same quality hasn’t been seen since in Big Figs.

I think it’s important to remember that we’ve seen very little from the actual movie itself, outside of concept art. We don’t know that Hulk won’t be wearing an outfit like this at some point in the movie, and we really have no idea what Thanos will wear in the movie. Complaints about accuracy right now are kind of pointless. 

9 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

A very reliable source has said that Avengers 4 lego leaks are coming, prepare your popcorn folks

We’re you just talking about the hulk or is there still more?

I like Hulk's expression. I'm honestly not super bothered by the lack of toe print, if none of them had ever had it I don't think anyone would be complaining. This way it gives more of the illusion that he's an enlarged minifig. If he does have a shirt in the movie then that's something I'll be upset about but for all we know that never made it past the concept art. The description we have of the new Thanos bigfig is interesting. I'm not thrilled with another sleeveless Thanos but I'm glad he's at least getting a new helmet and armor design although it is unfortunate we don't get a helmetless Thanos. I don't like that he will still be smiling, I don't think it fits his character at all. From the sounds of it he'll basically be the same figure with some slight color variations and possibly a different armor/helmet mold. 

Edited by ToaDraco

9 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

It’s not really anything too special. I think it looks good for Hulk. However, the smirk is tame. I’d expect him to look angrier. 

It's probably based on the theory that Hulk will be smarter like Banner. Besides, all other Hulks have been angry (I get that's ironic to complain about), I'm happy with a switch up

8 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oh boy. Don't get your expectations too high folks, this is gonna be another lazy wave. I bet he won't even have the arm scarring.

Hey, at least this means that the most expensive set is also the most skippable. What else was rumoured to be in it? Nothing interesting, I hope.

It's a lazy wave, because the first leaked photo isn't satisfactory? Of course if you don't like what you see, that's your opinion and that's alright, but at least wait until ALL the pictures of all the sets are out to call it lazy. We could get another Hulk or Thanos this wave for all we know

Please tell me that Thanos at least has the golden boots that the original had, and the infinity war version sorely needed.

9 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

It’s not really anything too special. I think it looks good for Hulk. However, the smirk is tame. I’d expect him to look angrier. 

After the 4 other angry hulks? I think the difference of expression is long overdue

I really like the Hulk figure, although of course the toes would have been nice. But the toes really aren’t a big deal. Figure looks great, love the smile, it reminds me of Ragnarok. The description of Thanos is more or less what I expected. I would love an armorless Thanos but I’m not really expecting one. I also think it’s ridiculous to throw around accusations of inaccuracy when you’ve literally never seen anything from the film except for the brief teaser trailer shots. I’m hoping to see some figures with quantum suits leak soon, and I’m very much looking forward to a Ronin figure (please Lego, please) as well as Rescue. I will be sorely disappointed if those are left out

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hulk looks okay. I like the new face and hair but the figure just seems under detailed due to the lack of toe printing and the plain blue pants. Thanos sounds disappointing. If he’s wearing his armor in this movie then he shouldn’t be sleeveless, although I’m happy to hear that he’s got a smile now. 

I thought I saw some printing on the legs, looks like black lines though

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

If they can’t even print his toes I worry about the rest of the figs

Red Hulk didn’t have printed toes, but he and the rest of the minifigures in his set were great (much better than the set infact).

Edited by Yochip

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The description we have of the new Thanos bigfig is interesting. I'm not thrilled with another sleeveless Thanos but I'm glad he's at least getting a new helmet and armor design although it is unfortunate we don't get a helmetless Thanos. 

Adding to this, I saw a more specific description in the usual place. It said that the new figure will have a darker skin tone, new armor/helmet, lighter blues and more golden printing. To me, this already sounds better than IW. Aside from that frown, I didn't like how the figure was mostly a bunch of different designs thrown together, and how the body and armour contrasted too much. This sounds like a tried and true armoured variant, even if it doesn't have sleeves.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I don't like that he will still be smiling, I don't think it fits his character at all. 

Still? The IW figure had a massive frown, and that fits his character less than a calm, toothless smile. Movie Thanos is a very articulate, and has a very calm demeanour. Do you remember him watching the sun rise on a grateful universe?

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

if none of them had ever had it I don't think anyone would be complaining. 

True, but they did do it, so the complaint is valid.

if they’d never introduced leg printing or dual moulding there’d never be complaints about Minifigures’ lack of it, but they did, so there is

34 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

True, but they did do it, so the complaint is valid.

if they’d never introduced leg printing or dual moulding there’d never be complaints about Minifigures’ lack of it, but they did, so there is

of course the obvious setback of quality or detail on figures makes it worse. But people have wished for more detailed figures before. People wished for certain smooth or very useful parts before, which existed in other Lego-compartible companies. People always wanted coat cloth pieces, even though we never got one.

Even as akid, I wanted capes which didn't feel like paper, I wished for arm printing for several figures - that would have really needed it - before it was even normal to get leg printing. I always disliked how the patterns just ended at the gut for Dumbledore's robes. Because of the beard, you didn't see much of the torsoprint, and then the legs were just plain.

And I think it's ridicolous that we adult consumers have to chase costumes, cut our own cloth pieces, or chase CMF's; because of the more detailed and better parts and better parts. There's obviously a business for more detailed figures - why doesn't Lego use this potential with their official stuff? Instead we turn to other companies for better detail.

What is with the recent trend of less detailed figures and reused parts for Super Heroes sets? In the past (2015), figures that were side characters like Deathstroke got new dual molded legs, and we got an impressive array of new characters for the Marvel sets, almost all with at least printing on the legs. For Civil War we still got detailed figures, as well as dual molding for Spider-man, which carried over to Homecoming - and even Thor got arm and leg printing for the arena set. But recently, with the Infinity War and 2018 DC Superheroes figures, we didn't even get dual molding for Iron Spider-man, Black Panther's figures all had plain color legs with no printing, and even Thanos was an inaccurate reuse. Did the budget all go towards movies and the like?

37 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Did the budget all go towards movies and the like?

They have started churning out mediocre movies recently, which they always make high-effort tie-in sets for, with new molds and lots of new prints. I wouldn't be surprised if their budget went there.

3 minutes ago, ood0 said:

They have started churning out mediocre movies recently, which they always make high-effort tie-in sets for, with new molds and lots of new prints. I wouldn't be surprised if their budget went there.

Are you referring to The Lego Movie as mediocre? Or am i misreading that?

47 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Are you referring to The Lego Movie as mediocre? Or am i misreading that?

Probably should've been clearer. Lego movie is pretty good, Lego Batman movie and Ninjago movie (why does this exist) are mediocre.

34 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Probably should've been clearer. Lego movie is pretty good, Lego Batman movie and Ninjago movie (why does this exist) are mediocre.

Oi. The Batman Movie was great. 

And the problem with the Ninjago Movie was that it wasn't a Lego Ninjago Movie. It was a Lego Movie with ninjas. I still feel confident that if someone who properly understood the source material had been permitted to work on it the Ninjago Movie could have been great. 

EDIT: Oh wow. I was hoping for something way more glamorous to be my 1,000th post. 

Still, I'm a Count now! Cool!

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Seeing The Hulk with no toe printing reminds me of when the Hydra Fortress Smash was images were released The Hulk had no pants or toe printing.

which can still be seen on brickset.com today. (displayed below)

Also i see people mentioned new hair, as far as i can see its the same hair.

IMG_7699.PNG

I'm scared of the Far From Home minifigs now that I've seen The hulk from endgame honestly...like I'm a huge Spider-Man fan so the lack of detail on his figures bother me

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oi. The Batman Movie was great. 

And the problem with the Ninjago Movie was that it wasn't a Lego Ninjago Movie. It was a Lego Movie with ninjas. I still feel confident that if someone who properly understood the source material had been permitted to work on it the Ninjago Movie could have been great. 

EDIT: Oh wow. I was hoping for something way more glamorous to be my 1,000th post. 

Still, I'm a Count now! Cool!

The lego Ninjago movie was never supposed to be like the show, it was more of a one off.  Yeah a movie about the show and canon from the show and earlier sets would be great too, maybe they will make one.  Although this new season is going to be a movie format.  The complaint about the figs is understable, but we have no idea what lego has for a budget or why they have gone this route only time will tell and we will see the A4 sets soon.