Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Maybe that's what they've been doing with their own theme. Perhaps they saved up extra budget from the last year's offerings, and are ready to go all-out. What's more, from what we've heard, the A4 wave has one less set than Infinity War, and A4 (in advertising at least) has half the cast of IW. They could be just saving up for a big spending.

I hope you're right . . 

I believe there is still hope for another Captain Marvel set with the green-suit (since it's shown up so much in the trailers)

Reason 1: This is a leak, not an official announcement

Reason 2: Black Panther had 2 sets, and the larger one (also $30) contained the same minifig we saw in the IW sets. The smaller $20 set had an exclusive variant of the character.

19 minutes ago, Schwa said:

I believe there is still hope for another Captain Marvel set with the green-suit (since it's shown up so much in the trailers)

Reason 2: Black Panther had 2 sets, and the larger one (also $30) contained the same minifig we saw in the IW sets. The smaller $20 set had an exclusive variant of the character.

Except for Black Panther we knew there would be two sets for a while before they leaked. For this movie we’ve only ever heard about one set. 

2 hours ago, Schwa said:

Only one set for Captain Marvel.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:14 PM, Ultron said:

Maybe Lego should instead give people a reason to buy their in-house themes if they’re doing so badly compared to licensed. 

...such as actually continuing to develop additional in-house themes beyond Ninjago. :hmpf_bad:

On 12/3/2018 at 1:16 AM, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Personally, I don't miss the Juniors branding. It's very much for kids, and I could barely bring myself to buy any sets because of the huge Juniors logo. 4+ brings the sets into the themes they are based on, and since Juniors sets seem to rot on the shelves, changing was probably the best option for LEGO.

But the Juniors theme had the potential to expand beyond preexisting themes.

Now that we've got an HD picture:

I really like Nick Fury, Talos doesn't look all that bad, and I'm pretty fond of the Quinjet.

Carol is a bit of a dissapointment because of the hair and lack of boots. I would have prefered dual molded with a little bit of line work, but just dual molding would have made it look way better. Hopefully she'll be in A4 sets with dual molded legs.

36 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

The Far From Home Trailer is releasing this week, ohhhh the speculations of the lego sets that will follow

My predictions: A mysterio minifig and an updated Spider-Man minifig.

I just can not believe how weird and bad captain marvel looks in the set. I'll be honest, I do like the build and the nick fury minifigure. The skrull is ok, but captain marvel... not even a bit of printing?? I mean, even ant man got printed legs! So why couldn't the titled character, that supposed to be the one that will carry the mcu?

7 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

My predictions: A mysterio minifig and an updated Spider-Man minifig.

My predictions: The Mysterio will have no leg printing, a clear minifig head and an inaccurate colour scheme, and Spider-Man will have no duel molding, no leg or arm printing, a reused head and a new torso. Stealth Spidey will have a new head and a new torso, again with no leg or arm printing or duel molding. Disposable villain #1 and #2 (Hydro Man and Molten Man or something?) will have new torso prints and head prints, with the Dementor lower half in their respective colours for their legs. Eurobricks.com will complain about the figures lack of accuracy and detail.

8 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Eurobricks.com will complain about the figures lack of accuracy and detail.

There are three things that are certain in life: death, taxes and ^this^. You can't avoid ^this^, it's mandatory, progress however is optional

17 minutes ago, ood0 said:

My predictions: The Mysterio will have no leg printing, a clear minifig head and an inaccurate colour scheme, and Spider-Man will have no duel molding, no leg or arm printing, a reused head and a new torso. Stealth Spidey will have a new head and a new torso, again with no leg or arm printing or duel molding. Disposable villain #1 and #2 (Hydro Man and Molten Man or something?) will have new torso prints and head prints, with the Dementor lower half in their respective colours for their legs. Eurobricks.com will complain about the figures lack of accuracy and detail.

I don't think hydro man and molten man are disposable characters, unless you meant the figures will look generic/disposable. The stealth suit wouldn't look bad imo without leg or arm printing, only because it's black

12 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I don't think hydro man and molten man are disposable characters, unless you meant the figures will look generic/disposable. The stealth suit wouldn't look bad imo without leg or arm printing, only because it's black

Yes, I do think they're going to be disposable characters. They'll probably be beaten in a montage, or be illusions made by Mysterio, or both.

11 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Yes, I do think they're going to be disposable characters. They'll probably be beaten in a montage, or be illusions made by Mysterio, or both.

Well I meant in the comics they weren't (also the 90's animated series) but yea you're probably right. The builds sound interesting though. The speculated portion of rialto bridge for the hydro man set and the speculated jet for the mysterio set

They really couldn't even be bothered to give Carol accurate colors for her powers?? They were already included in A3 sets!!! No mask and mohawk?? Don't you tell me that the designers didn't have access to that detail. TLG has put out utter garbage this year. Hoping at least the HP sets will remedy all of this Marvel and Star Wars disappointment. At least the Quinjet is cool..but not like any of us needed or wanted a 5th (?) version. 

14 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Or Spiderman will get them to defeat each other given the whole fire/water are enemies thing

55 minutes ago, ood0 said:

This is accurate and it also feels like a personal attack...

Also if they give Mysterio a clear head and not a helmet I will lose my bricks. 

42 minutes ago, Ultron said:

This is accurate and it also feels like a personal attack...

Also if they give Mysterio a clear head and not a helmet I will lose my bricks. 

Hah, I more intended it as self-deprecating, because I always moan about how bad the figures are.

You just know they will, it's in line with the lack of effort they're putting into the Superhero line recently. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Infinity War 2 sets have reused minifigs, no leg or arm printing and no duel molding. Can't wait for another AoU Captain America.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

I’m actually really hoping Hydro Man and Molten Man use pieces more similar to Sand Man’s lower half

32 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Hah, I more intended it as self-deprecating, because I always moan about how bad the figures are.

You just know they will, it's in line with the lack of effort they're putting into the Superhero line recently. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Infinity War 2 sets have reused minifigs, no leg or arm printing and no duel molding. Can't wait for another AoU Captain America.

Should I give up hope on the inclusion of a Peter Parker minifig in atleast one of the 3 FFH sets? *Sigh* hopefully we atleast get 2 variations of Spider-Man

11 hours ago, Schwa said:

I don’t think that we will get a 2nd set. The best we can probably hope for would be a minifigure/accessory pack for the movie but even this is probably unlikely.

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

Eurobricks.com will complain about the figures lack of accuracy and detail.

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

There are three things that are certain in life: death, taxes and ^this^. You can't avoid ^this^, it's mandatory, progress however is optional

The way I see it, there are no bad minifigures. Only inaccurate, under-detailed ones. Even if details are left off, they are still playable, customizable and designed in a way that isn't truly ugly. This Captain Marvel is bland, but it's only really missing boots and nothing else important is left off. We may deserve better, but imagine living in a world where all LEGO made were Galidor sets, or they ended up bankrupt, and sold their assets to MEGABLOX. We can complain, but in the end, we're lucky to have LEGO Marvel.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

But the Juniors theme had the potential to expand beyond preexisting themes.

But the Juniors theme also had huge, overly specific pieces that could barely be reused outside the context provided. It was never for us.

2 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

The way I see it, there are no bad minifigures. Only inaccurate, under-detailed ones. Even if details are left off, they are still playable, customizable and designed in a way that isn't truly ugly. This Captain Marvel is bland, but it's only really missing boots and nothing else important is left off. We may deserve better, but imagine living in a world where all LEGO made were Galidor sets, or they ended up bankrupt, and sold their assets to MEGABLOX. We can complain, but in the end, we're lucky to have LEGO Marvel.

But the Juniors theme also had huge, overly specific pieces that could barely be reused outside the context provided. It was never for us.

True we are lucky to have lego and the older I getthe more I appreciate everything we've had.  I've been playing with lego since the early eighties and castle is my favorite theme but there hasn't been castle for a while now and alot of people on here complain about no castle now.  All they did was complain how the 2013 castle sets were <insert that tiresome argument> or to aimed at kids yet this is a kids toy.  Now everyone wants castle back because they miss their favorite theme not realizing that it may not be around for a while.  I've just grown to appreciate everything we get now all the new pieces lego makes and minifigs are great and provide an endless supply of parts to build whatever we want or customize any minifig we can.  I know the new superhero sets aren't everyone's cup of tea but if we are patient I think things will get better.  I do really like the sandman and new goblin figs.  Also the new venom mech is great.  I really like both superhero lines and Ninjago as it supplies a great amount of interesting new parts and great figs.   Also look at the Elves theme a lot of people liked that theme including myself.  People thought it was gonna be around longer and it just ended making people see how good the theme actually was as a whole.  Hopefully the A4 sets are cool.  All I can say is I like everything we get, it may not be exactly the best set or minifig ever but no one is perfect and we are all human.    So I just look forward to customizing my figs and using parts for my moc's.   

3 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Unless you're a fellow figure collector, then you might want the exclusives... but there's bricklink for that.

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

All I can say is I like everything we get, it may not be exactly the best set or minifig ever but no one is perfect and we are all human. So I just look forward to customizing my figs and using parts for my moc's.   

I agree with and love this entire response. Even if we are disappointed sometimes, with the amazing quality of LEGO as it is, nothing is really bad. The worst thing that a modern LEGO set can be is a glorified parts pack, and if we don't like something, it doesn't mean that someone else thinks the same. Besides, we can always go out of our way to improve it.

1 hour ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Unless you're a fellow figure collector, then you might want the exclusives... but there's bricklink for that.

There are those, and these sets have neat figs sometimes, but Bricklink isn't really an option for me. Honestly, it's not the parts that bugged me, but the branding. For the target audience, it works, but for older buyers, it makes them (well, me) feel strange buying the set. For that, I've only gotten 2 Juniors sets: the Mater set (because it was the last one in store, on clearance and I had no other Cars sets) and the Elastigirl rooftop chase (because the build actually looked pretty normal for Juniors, and the fact that its Incredibles). With the 4+ brand, the sets are part of the themes they're based on, turning the sets from "kiddy version of (insert theme)", to "(insert theme) but with young-kid-friendly builds" without changing the style or spirit in the slightest.