Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Are the Spidey sets in Lego stores at this time or only online and in Target?

Edited by Legocity2713

New Speed Champions set has a black 1970 Dodge Charger that would be perfect for Ghost Rider. In fact, in Agents of Shield he drives a 1969 model so a year off is pretty amazing.

They must have seen a lot of ppl MOCing one due to the show.

6 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

New Speed Champions set has a black 1970 Dodge Charger that would be perfect for Ghost Rider. In fact, in Agents of Shield he drives a 1969 model so a year off is pretty amazing.

Add some flame detail and it's perfect!

12 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I saw it and immediately wanted it for that exact purpose. I would love to have an offical set with the anad Ghost Rider, Robbie barely has any merchandise as it is despite his popularity and comic coverage. I'm still waiting for the AoS version to appear in any of the mobile games and who knows how long it'll take before Marvel Legends bothers to give him an action figure, MCU version or otherwise. *sigh* 

On 11/27/2018 at 9:31 PM, shadefoundry said:

The giant Venom however, is fantastic. Like I don't even know what to say, it looks so good! The build for the legs looks like it was designed to have knees, and it took me all of 5 minutes to work them into the build. Same goes for the feet which build like they were designed to have ball joints, which mine now has. Overall I'd recommend this set if you can get it at a bit of a discount (got mine half off for black friday), otherwise it's only just good.

I would be interested to see the mods you made to give it more articulation. Any place you can share pics?

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what torso would suit Robbie? Seeing as he stands out from other Ghost Riders with his jacket design

On 7/25/2018 at 9:44 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Pretty much confirmed that Jake now is officially be appearing as Mysterio while another actor has been cast as Dimitri (AKA Chameleon) In an Instagram post. He did use some hashtags mentioning Fury, Maria Hill and Mysterio with corresponding actor/actress names. 

Fury will be the "avenger member" that will appear in the sequel.

Kinda dissapointed coz he's appearing in Captain Marvel too. Misopportunity to release other character in a set  

At least we get MCU Fury in a non Helicarrier set...

For the new Spider-man sets, I like that they seem like a more modernized take on these 1960's villains but I don't really like the vehicles or Dr. Octopus's Arms

I'm debating whether or not to buy the Spidey-mechs to mod

@Quicksilver838 I think the closest thing we have right now is the Blacktron Torso which is basically a more detailed, upside-down version of Robbie's jacket. If you're cool with defiling customizing pieces though, I would track down a Penguin Guy Torso, mask off the white pattern that Robbie's jacket has and take an eraser to the rest of the print. It's tedious and I wouldn't recommend it if you're not comfortable with it, but if you're careful you'll be left with a pretty close look.

@linnormlord Here you go! Photos aren't the greatest since my phone camera is garbage and the closest thing I have to a studio is my bathroom counter, but I tried to cover every angle that you'd need to pull it off the way I did.

32246820138_e2bc14e51b_o.jpg

46068097192_cab35682df_o.jpg

32246814498_019673846e_o.jpg

45206678975_4116aee0c4_o.jpg

Overall it's a pretty easy mod. All you really need to do is swap out the white 2 x 4 and the teal 1 x 2 bricks for ratcheted joints and ball joints respectively. Same goes for swapping out the ratcheted joint with the non-friction pin for a ball joint with an axle. Hope these help :).

Edited by shadefoundry

2 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

@Quicksilver838 I think the closest thing we have right now is the Blacktron Torso which is basically a more detailed, upside-down version of Robbie's jacket. If you're cool with defiling customizing pieces though, I would track down a Penguin Guy Torso, mask off the white pattern that Robbie's jacket has and take an eraser to the rest of the print. It's tedious and I wouldn't recommend it if you're not comfortable with it, but if you're careful you'll be left with a pretty close look.

@linnormlord Here you go! Photos aren't the greatest since my phone camera is garbage and the closest thing I have to a studio is my bathroom counter, but I tried to cover every angle that you'd need to pull it off the way I did.

Hide contents

Overall it's a pretty easy mod. All you really need to do is swap out the white 2 x 4 and the teal 1 x 2 bricks for ratcheted joints and ball joints respectively. Same goes for swapping out the ratcheted joint with the non-friction pin for a ball joint with an axle. Hope these help :).

Awesome! Thank you, I will definitely be doing the same to mine.

Picked up Spider Walker and the Goblin set. The Walker, despite maybe not looking amazing, has an amazing build, and yes, the legs do move in conjunction with each other, which looks awesome. Vultures wings are just perfect, the only downfall is (just like I called) a clunky, oversized build on his back. Luckily it balances out if you position the wings forward, but some modifications may be required here.

The Goblin set is... Well Juniors... The Glider is dead, the bomb is dead, the Car is... Pretty dead, but with modifications you can make the Spider Buggy so it's not all bad.

Figures: Sandman is amazing, it's still just a shame we don't have a normal torso to complete the character. Vulture isn't too special, but based on the costume from the comics, it's spot on. The Green Goblin isn't as good as the Bridge, but it's still an amazing figure, LOVE the look of the lighter green on him, as well as the solid purple. Spider Man 2099 is just beyond all expectations, I could not be happier with him... Although saying that if he had arm print for those red spikes... But yes, he is amazing. Or spectacular. Whichever floats your boat

23 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Vultures wings are just perfect, the only downfall is (just like I called) a clunky, oversized build on his back. Luckily it balances out if you position the wings forward, but some modifications may be required here.

--snip--

Spider Man 2099 is just beyond all expectations, I could not be happier with him... Although saying that if he had arm print for those red spikes... But yes, he is amazing. Or spectacular. Whichever floats your boat

I found that I was able to pretty easily shave a plate's thickness off of the back attachment part of Vulture's wings. I'm working on getting the attachment down to 1 - 2 plates thickness at most while maintaining stability in the build.

I'm absolutely in love with my Spidey 2099 figure. Outside of arm printing the only other downside is that he doesn't come with a web cape, so I ordered a custom light gray Boba Fett Pauldron in hopes that it'll do the job.

3 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

I found that I was able to pretty easily shave a plate's thickness off of the back attachment part of Vulture's wings. I'm working on getting the attachment down to 1 - 2 plates thickness at most while maintaining stability in the build.

I'm absolutely in love with my Spidey 2099 figure. Outside of arm printing the only other downside is that he doesn't come with a web cape, so I ordered a custom light gray Boba Fett Pauldron in hopes that it'll do the job.

Might be too late, but this part could be good as well. Comes with the spider-lady from LEGO minifigures series 14.

image.png.a8718ee01ba4fcc1fd47df1dc984d6c8.png

7 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Might be too late, but this part could be good as well. Comes with the spider-lady from LEGO minifigures series 14.

Well, it's a tiny bit late since my order shipped, however that part would work really well. If I don't like how the tattered cape piece looks I'll definitely look into tracking one of those down.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Captain marvel set leaked! Comes with captain marvel, young fury, skrull, and goose (captain marvel’s cat)

Really a shame we couldn’t get a Kree instead of a THIRD Nick Fury. Probably never get made now. 

Edited by PARED

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Captain marvel set leaked! Comes with captain marvel, young fury, skrull, and goose (captain marvel’s cat)

The build is yet another Quinjet. That honestly surprises me.

I'm probably going to skip this set, since I'm reasonably happy with the comics Captain Marvel, and I'm sure she's going to get many more figures over the coming years.

Yeah, this set doesn't have much going for it. It's an easy pass, especially since Carol will most definitely be in the A4 sets.

Given the fact we will get her normal suit in the future I really wish they went with her Kree suit, no leg printing also just kills the look, it seems so cut off, and no spare face with her helmet, and no power blast pack either? And the Skrull figures is eh color wise and detail wise. I'll probably end up picking this up, but I do feel like with these one set and done for some of these MCU movies isn't the best move at least two sets each would be nicer. I do like that box art tho!!

Called it back in the day. Air Craft and Nick Fury. A decent set. 

It is morelikely that Captain Marvel will be a repeat figure in A4.

Really upset that we don’t get Marvell. Kind of a garbage set actually. I guess I’ll have to rely on Chinese knockoffs to get her in her green suit and then of course for Marvell

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I’m kind of disappointed with this set. I like the build, and usually I like the figures, but they’re definitely weak this time. I’m still not a fan of the unprinted headpiece on Talos. Nick Fury looks like he’s reusing Rhodey’s head. Goose seems to be a regular cat print and not new (correct me if I’m wrong). Carol herself is the biggest letdown, because she’ll definitely come in Avengers 4 sets so this was the only chance to get her in the green Kree outfit. I figured we wouldn’t get any Kree minifigures but it’s still disappointing. The lack of leg and arm printing on her really hurts the figure and it’s sad that they didn’t go all out on even one minifigure in this set. The hairpiece doesn’t work well either since her hair is significantly longer than that bob, and the lack of a helmet is also disappointing. I hope we get a more detailed version for the Avengers 4 sets but I’m not holding my breath. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000