Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, Ultron said:

What a lazy mold. You’d never see something so undetailed out of the Star Wars line. I’ll say it again, the Marvel designers are bad. 

YES! that is actually what I'm trying to say. its lazy.

Thank you for your comment Ultron

Oof, that is atrocious. It utterly baffles me why they skimp on superhero Minifigures. The sets are sold by the characters, not the builds. But Star Wars sets, which are mostly about the builds, have really great Minifigures, and most of the characters from solo got brand new and detailed and printed mounds.

19 minutes ago, Ultron said:

What a lazy mold. You’d never see something so undetailed out of the Star Wars line. I’ll say it again, the Marvel designers are bad. 

I agree with your first two statements but I think the third is debatable. I would say that the Marvel designers are fine, but we all know that the Superheroes line will always play second fiddle to Star Wars, and as such the budget is never going to be big enough to incorporate things like new moulds, a character face that isn’t Lex/Bruce/Joe Everyman, and limb printing.

From their point of view it must be frustrating that there are hundreds of characters in both lines that would work well and be appreciated, but will never see the light of day, when simultaneously there are SW figs that no one cares about getting their own head mould. 

On top of that the company has just invested a sack of money on a new license with loads of new parts. Superheroes fans are going to have to weather the storm for a while.

I'm not too sure what to say here. The torso and face designs look decent, and plain legs and arms are nothing new, but that headpiece :oh:. It's bad enough that it's basically a reused design, but the lack of printing is just :wall:. We know they could do it; Black Panther's ears were a far more complex mold. But the print on the Skrull's head just cuts off. Just a little more detail, and it would've been fine.

Thought it was some weird version of Braniac when I first saw it. Head and torso are nice.

But, like everyone said, that head piece is a dumpster fire. Hope we get comic versions of Skrulls at some point to remedy this atrocity.

I get the feeling that this piece wasn't designed with the Skrulls in mind. The ears don't really match either the movie design or the comic design, the ear lobes are particularly different. In fact, the design seems less alien and more fantasy, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was designed for something else entirely and was just recolored and used here because it was somewhat similar (as some have pointed out, this looks oddly similar to the Genie mold, so perhaps this piece is designed for some sort of tie-in for the remake).

I like the overall look of the minifigure though. It's not that accurate, but I think it's decent. We've definitely seen worse, so I can live with this. My first thought when seeing this was 'well, for anyone who wants the new Green Goblin without his hat, there's a piece for that now'.

The Skrull does look bad with the genie head piece but the figure torso and head are fine to me.  The color is to green for skrulls not even the comic based ones aren't that green but ill take it anyway.  

This is the first time we are getting a Skrull/Kree/whatever it is minifigure....this scares me for the avengers 4 and far from home sets

The forehead/ear mold is... not great. What I’m more bugged by is the color, though. I feel like the LOTR goblins were much closer to the MCU Skrulls’ skin tone. Maybe that color just isn’t going to be in production for 2019 minifigs?

What the actual trash. Ugh. It looks like picolo from DBZ. 

Oh well, we've seen worst from this line. Hoping for Captain Marvel doing justice to this set.

I think it looks fine, frankly about what I expected, not really sure what people expected unless others wanted more molded detail. It's suitably generic and so can be used in a variety of themes. It is in desperate need of some printing though as it clashes horribly with the detailed printing on the head. 

There are 2 issues here I think

-This is supposed to be based on the movie version, and yet they look like a mix of movie and comic book versions

-This is waaaaay too underprinted. Not only legs and arms. The headpiece needed printing because it looks like the guy is wearing a hat. Heck, it looks like a cosplayer, right?  Like a fan wearing a Skrull costume

I mean, look at the Parademons

Image result for lego parademons

I never realized the budget for Marvel was so low. Isn't Superheroes one of LEGO's top sellers?

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I never realized the budget for Marvel was so low.

It's not perpetually low. It's just that, in the last year, LEGO has had a small profit dive and corporate reshuffling, and for 2018/2019, 2 big mold-heavy licensed themes. Like RedHoodPug said... 

10 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Superheroes fans are going to have to weather the storm for a while.

Someday, that storm will go away, hopefully sooner than later. The best we can do now is understand that the rain is here for a reason.

7 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

It's not perpetually low. It's just that, in the last year, LEGO has had a small profit dive and corporate reshuffling, and for 2018/2019, 2 big mold-heavy licensed themes. 

I keep forgetting about that, to be honest. It makes absolute sense and I too hope it'll get better soon.
Regarding the Skrull, I also believe this design is based on concept art LEGO creators have gotten from Marvel Studios (or however that goes), as is the case very often.

I have a huge DC Superheroes collection, and a decent Spider-Man collection, but I keep shying off the Marvel Universe at large because of the subpar designs and this feeling that down the line there will be a bit of a renaissance for the Marvel line, kind of like DC Superheroes has been getting better and better and more detailed as it goes.  I mean, Ghost Spider alone is so...basic. 

16 minutes ago, retrotaco said:

I have a huge DC Superheroes collection, and a decent Spider-Man collection, but I keep shying off the Marvel Universe at large because of the subpar designs and this feeling that down the line there will be a bit of a renaissance for the Marvel line, kind of like DC Superheroes has been getting better and better and more detailed as it goes.  I mean, Ghost Spider alone is so...basic. 

Yeah, not to start a flame war, but I'm going to have to disagree. The detail on most of the DC figs from the winter 2018 wave was just as abysmal and the builds were weak too. They're in the same boat as Marvel. It's been a sad year for superhero fans, in my honest opinion

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

On a lighter note a Dr.Pepper FFH tie in gave use a silhouette of Mysterio, HOPEFULLY the minifig does it decent justice.

Maybe if we're lucky, they'll reuse the amazing iron man and wasp helmet mold !!!!!

:sarcasm_hmpf:

19 hours ago, Ultron said:

Yeah, not to start a flame war, but I'm going to have to disagree. The detail on most of the DC figs from the winter 2018 wave was just as abysmal and the builds were weak too. They're in the same boat as Marvel. It's been a sad year for superhero fans, in my honest opinion

Maybe if we're lucky, they'll reuse the amazing iron man and wasp helmet mold !!!!!

:sarcasm_hmpf:

HAHA NO DONT JINX IT!!

BTW has ninjawhip released the captain marvel mining yet?

On a side note i was looking at my MCU collection and to be honest we had some great figures for the Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok line...new molds and leg and arm printing etc...who knows. After they get more money after the Overwatch series then maybe we will get better figs then.

Because why infest is a series of LEGO sets on a movie that millions of kids are going to see. I guess its the same millions of kids that play OVERWATCH!

Sorry I'm just having a little rant here.

Edited by BusterNut31

3 hours ago, SomeAssemblyRequired said:

Very disappointing minifigure, that Skrull. Hoping that Captain Marvel looks good, as that is ultimately why I'll be buying the set.

Hopeful of a better Wasp helmet in the Avengers 4 line.

I’m guessing the new Ant Man/Wasp Helmet will be the one used for Firefly from DC, as it’s the exact correct shape along the sides and back. Still a flat printed front, sadly.

3 hours ago, SomeAssemblyRequired said:

Hopeful of a better Wasp helmet in the Avengers 4 line.

You are more than likely going to be disappointed then

16 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

You are more than likely going to be disappointed then

Haha is there something you know about the A4 line you are not telling us? ;))

17 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

did you see the end of antman and the wasp. The avengers 4 merchandise supposedly won't contain any snap victims to keep the illusion that they aren't returning

Edited by legosamsonite

36 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

No, she's just snapped/dead.