Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

For all this talk about the War Machine set talk I heard through leaks that War machine along with a few other heroes faced the Yakuza with Ronin so maybe we are could the set of that seen only time will tell I guess.

1 hour ago, ThunderDrako said:

"War Machine Vehicle"

Does it mean the War Machine may play a bigger role in A4? Nice!

I hope his minifigure will be bulky like the concept art

Exactly what I'm hoping for. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The biggest set must be the one with Thanos. I wonder if they’ll scatter the stones again, put them all in the biggest set, or not include them at all. 

You forgot Hulk too, make sense about the piece count if you're going to introduce new Big fig and a potential new mold for Thanos. 

23 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Exactly what I'm hoping for. 

You forgot Hulk too, make sense about the piece count if you're going to introduce new Big fig and a potential new mold for Thanos. 

Yeah, I guess. A $100 set with 700 pieces really needs to have a lot going on for it to be worth the price, so I could see it having two bigfigs. I hope the minifigure number in the larger sets is better than it was for the IW sets. 

48 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I guess. A $100 set with 700 pieces really needs to have a lot going on for it to be worth the price, so I could see it having two bigfigs. I hope the minifigure number in the larger sets is better than it was for the IW sets. 

But then again we learned our mistakes in IW wave. So I wouldn't hope too much. So atleast I'll be happy with what we will be getting. Only thing I want is a new mold (fully armored) Thanos. 

Sandman looks great. Worthy addition to our collection. I even like Vulture. His face looks like the same from the Doc Ock mech set doesn’t it? The spidervehicle will be new pieces for my daughter :-) ah well maybe i’ll build it first. 

The spider-mech doesn’t even look to bad to me. It doesn’t make any sense, but it doesn’t look awful as a Lego vehicle. Now I may be going mad, but I think now that the Lego Batman Movie is over, the Superheroes lines are getting better designed sets. The infinity War and Justice League sets we’re fine. But the ant-man & the wasp vehicle is such a great build, and the aquaman Set looks great, as do the upcoming Batman and Spider-Man sets. I think I’m willing to forgive the lack of detail in the Minifigures if the builds themselves are well done 

Edited by Whovastron

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Sandman looks great. Worthy addition to our collection. I even like Vulture. His face looks like the same from the Doc Ock mech set doesn’t it? The spidervehicle will be new pieces for my daughter :-) ah well maybe i’ll build it first. 

Same face.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, Schwa said:

LEGO has a fairly strict no-military-stuff policy (TDKR Bane's Tumbler come to mind?) and I really, really, REALLY hope it is a War Machine Hulkbuster.

True, Lego does not do realistic military vehicles.

But I have a different theory:

In the comics the Punisher steals the War Machine suit. After a series of events James Rhodes has PTSD regarding his suit and helps regain control over a rampaging mech-like vehicle called the Manticore (pic related). It feels so comfortable and intuitive that Tony Stark purchases the Manticore from the (evil) owner, Baintronics, for James. 

TL;DR - James Rhodes gets a giant hybrid vehicle in the comics called the Manticore and A4 will follow suit. :excited:

Or it could end up being a truck or jet. :hmpf_bad:

manticore.jpg

I don’t support the leaking of set images but one thing I will say is that spider mech is very imaginative. And for the record i saw somebody moaning in this thread that it only has 6 legs, well it does have 8. Don’t judge a set by its low quality image.

Edited by J4ck

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The biggest set must be the one with Thanos. I wonder if they’ll scatter the stones again, put them all in the biggest set, or not include them at all. 

Well, Thanos inevitably needs the Infinity Gauntlet, and it doesn't make sense for them to either make a new Gauntlet mold when they already have one, or for them to give Thanos an incomplete Gauntlet. 

That said, it depends on the movie itself. If the plot involves tracking down the Infinity Stones with time travel, then the Stones will be scattered throughout the sets. If the Stones are a non-factor, then we'll get them all with the Gauntlet (which will make this year's wave all but moot and me more than a little annoyed).

5 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Please make Thanos bald this time

This. I need a Thanos that actually looks like him. No helmet, no ugly and inaccurate scowl. Baldness exposed and smiling, please, or at least frowning. But please, no teeth. He should look annoyed, at worse. Not like Star Lord just dropped the Benatar on his mother. 

Yes I am salty about the Thanos from the Ultimate Battle set. Why do you ask?

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That said, it depends on the movie itself. If the plot involves tracking down the Infinity Stones with time travel, then the Stones will be scattered throughout the sets. If the Stones are a non-factor, then we'll get them all with the Gauntlet (which will make this year's wave all but moot and me more than a little annoyed).

But there are five sets... And six stones... 

It just seems completely pointless that Lego would do the exact same 'spread out the macguffins across multiple sets so people have to buy them all to collect them all' two years in a row, regardless of whether the Stones play that factor in Avengers 4. People have already stated that by time A4 sets hit stores, AIW sets will still be on shelf, "so it would be silly to put all the Stones in one set with Thanos because it ruins the 'macguffin collection''.

In the case of Ninjago, the first pack of macguffins were the Golden Weapons. The theme launched in January 2011, and across 6 main sets, 3 of the 4 macguffins were released, one per set except one set will all 3 macguffins. In the summer wave the fourth macguffin was released in two sets, one of which included all the macguffins. Later in the summer wave of 2012, two different sets had all four of these macguffins from Ninjago year 1, there by making the point of collecting them all individually in the first place redundant

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

This. I need a Thanos that actually looks like him. No helmet, no ugly and inaccurate scowl. Baldness exposed and smiling, please, or at least frowning. But please, no teeth. He should look annoyed, at worse. Not like Star Lord just dropped the Benatar on his mother. 

Yes I am salty about the Thanos from the Ultimate Battle set. Why do you ask?

Not sure the Avengers 4 will have armor less Thanos. If leaked concept art is to be believed, he will wear full armor in the movie, so there a good chance Lego will still use the old bigfig mold or for Thanos.

Edited by benderisgreat

12 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Not sure the Avengers 4 will have armor less Thanos. If leaked concept art is to be believed, he will wear full armor in the movie, so there a good chance Lego will still use the old bigfig morning or for Thanos.

Could be. And it's a possibility. But with the piece count. I'm leaning towards with a new mold Thanos with complete armor at all. 

They messed up him once, better not to do that again! 

12 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Not sure the Avengers 4 will have armor less Thanos. If leaked concept art is to be believed, he will wear full armor in the movie, so there a good chance Lego will still use the old bigfig morning or for Thanos.

If the sets would be too similar to the sets from this year, they would have less people buying sets. Especially if the waves are close upon eachother. So it makes more sense to have different versions of all the figs (or just one/two figs per set so you still want to buy that set). But i see them doing a recolor as well instead of making a new mould. 

For infinity stones i can imagine they still give one color per set. As it is just more collectible. 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

They messed up him once, better not to do that again! 

Amen. I mean, did you see that Black Panther Lego movie? There were so many things wrong with Thanos in that movie. All of the things were wrong with Thanos in that movie. 

I just want a screen accurate Thanos. If he has armor in the movie I want him in armor and if he’s still bald then I want him bald. I also hope he’s smiling this time since I don’t love the extremely angry expression. 

On 10/17/2018 at 1:10 PM, Whovastron said:

Too many hulkbusters imo. The 2015 version was awful, last years two attempts were fine but not great. The ‘minifig’ scale version was still way too big. I hope they don’t waste a whole set on another hulkbuster. If there is one, just make it a smaller mech in one of the sets, not the sole focus

True, I suppose (about the quantity and quality of the current Hulkbuster), but it'd be cool to see one in a War Machine color-scheme :tongue:
But it looks like it's not gonna happen anyway, so, hehe..

59 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I just want a screen accurate Thanos. [...] I also hope he’s smiling this time since I don’t love the extremely angry expression. 

I agree. A mischievous grin would be better than the angry expression he has now.

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I just want a screen accurate Thanos. If he has armor in the movie I want him in armor and if he’s still bald then I want him bald. I also hope he’s smiling this time since I don’t love the extremely angry expression. 

“Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe, but this does put a smile on my face”

maybe this line is a very early leak for the new Thanos bigfig 

There is a rumour that war machine is going to get a big proton canon (based on infinity war, set photos, and the "look hard" russos' pic). That could be the lego set.

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

There is a rumour that war machine is going to get a big proton canon (based on infinity war, set photos, and the "look hard" russos' pic). That could be the lego set.

Yeah I saw a picture of that (or of merchandise of it), and now that you mention it, the set could very well be that canon.
Not very interesting to me, if it is that case, but oh well. More money for other sets :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch