Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the small set with spidey and goblin is called Spider-Man car chase. The image is out there and has both spider man and green goblin. Disappointed with goblin as he doesn’t have a new molded head but has a creepy face

I don’t see a moulder head working for Goblin, what we have works perfectly with the lego system look.

if this new figure had dual moulder legs I’d say best so far, as the skin tone is better IMO, and I prefer the bold purple to what we got in the bridge set. However the lack of dual moulding still places that version higher for me. Although this new juniors version is better than the previous juniors version.

This new Goblin is actually my favorite variant now, the colors are better. I agree about the legs. While I don't think they needed to be dual molded necessarily, they did at least need side printing. I can live with it though, I've gotten used to designs suddenly stopping and not continuing onto the side. And who knows, maybe they'll give us better legs in the future.

I'm happy that we finally got the spider buggy. It's a little bit more watered down than I'd hoped, but still pleasing.

Goblin's glider is odd. It's funny, it's like they want to use the game design, but just can't quite use it. So close and yet so far...

Doc Ock set is 76134 Spdier-Man: Doc Ock Diamond Heist. Just a boring dock worker. What a watse of spot.

76115 is actually called Spider-Man Mech vs. Venom. The box art is amazing.

Dock worker? I'm a little surprised they didn't make him Jefferson Davis, they could have just thrown a police uniform on him and it would've been almost a tie in set to the recent game. Kind of a missed opportunity as it would have been easy to do.

I don't like when these Spider-Man sets throw in random unnamed characters. There are plenty of named characters that they could use instead that would fill nearly an identical role. As plain as Captain Stacy was in the one set he's appeared in, at least it was a named character and not just a random nobody.

Also, the robberies in these sets are getting increasingly strange. A large shipping container full of diamonds? Why not computers or tech of some sort? They even could have just had the container say Oscorp and that would have been great. But okay, diamonds, just a ton of diamonds rolling around in a shipping container with no security of any sort. Gotcha.

Edited by strangely

12 minutes ago, strangely said:

Dock worker? I'm a little surprised they didn't make him Jefferson Davis, they could have just thrown a police uniform on him and it would've been almost a tie in set to the recent game. Kind of a missed opportunity as it would have been easy to do.

I don't like when these Spider-Man sets throw in random unnamed characters. There are plenty of named characters that they could use instead that would fill nearly an identical role. As plain as Captain Stacy was in the one set he's appeared in, at least it was a named character and not just a random nobody.

Also, the robberies in these sets are getting increasingly strange. A large shipping container full of diamonds? Why not computers or tech of some sort? They even could have just had the container say Oscorp and that would have been great. But okay, diamonds, just a ton of diamonds rolling around in a shipping container with no security of any sort. Gotcha.

I mean... It's a Juniors set. In a normal set, sure, but then what's wrong with random civilians for the hero to save?  And as for the diamonds... Again its a Juniors set, they're pretty much known for decent exclusive variants in the Super Heroes line, but simplified builds. It's a line aimed at even younger kids, who probably won't care if Doc Ock is stealing diamonds

17 minutes ago, strangely said:

Jefferson Davis is in into the spider verse as well 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the small set with spidey and goblin is called Spider-Man car chase. The image is out there and has both spider man and green goblin. Disappointed with goblin as he doesn’t have a new molded head but has a creepy face

I quite like the spiderman buggy! Where is the cape of green goblin that was rumored? 

Really bummed about that goblin. Lego has got to stop printing the front of legs but not the sides. All of the green lanterns, iron spider, and now this. I would've preferred purple legs with pant printing over boot and underwear. I understand that it's a juniors set but man it's just so lazy to me. 

Hahaha, they finally made a Spider-Buggy! If only we could get one in a regular set too.

I wasn't blown away by some of the new versions of default looks, but Green Goblin is hands-down the best yet. That just looks good.

Sadly, Spidey doesn’t have dual molded legs in the Goblin set. I wish Goblin had some at least since he looks a little too purple rn. Spider-Buggy has to be the best Spider-vehicle so far.

Also, is that a Spider-Bot in the Carnage set?? *oh2*

Edited by Legocity2713

Personally, I think these sets are actually pretty decent. Not sure I'll buy any other than the ones with Gwen and 2099, but I'm not suprised that they're going back to the same main villains. You've got to get the hits (i.e. Joker for Batman pretty much every DC wave) for newer kids and these are good versions of each of them, barring DOc Ock's arms. I do wish they'd name them better though, the names are honestly the worst parts of these sets...

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I mean... It's a Juniors set. In a normal set, sure, but then what's wrong with random civilians for the hero to save?  And as for the diamonds... Again its a Juniors set, they're pretty much known for decent exclusive variants in the Super Heroes line, but simplified builds. It's a line aimed at even younger kids, who probably won't care if Doc Ock is stealing diamonds

Juniors just means it's a simpler build style, it doesn't mean the set has to be lesser in quality in general. There's no reason they can't use named characters to fit into the same role as the randoms they use. It's just lazy not too. Again that dock worker could have easily been Jefferson Davis (and as others pointed out, this would have been a great tie-in to the animated movie coming out).

As for the diamonds, I get that it's easy shorthand, but it's been done to death. Just because it's a Juniors set doesn't mean it has to be unoriginal. The new Goblin set is a Juniors set and it gave us an awesome new Goblin variant and a Spider vehicle that actually existed in the comics. It's a simple build sure, but it shows a good deal of thought went into the creation of the set.

Even if it's a Juniors set I think it should be just as engaging and clever as any other Lego set.

Edited by strangely

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think the Green Goblin is the best one yet. He looks amazing. His glider is awful though.

This version of Goblin is pretty bad in my opinion. 2016 is way more detailed classic looking Green Goblin! Honestly  I can’t see LEGO make my a better version in foreseeable future.

I too, think this gg isn’t the best one yet. That one from the bridge battle is imho way better. I do like the light green and i think it is a real shame they didn’t go for dual moulded or side leg printing. 

But hurray for the Spiderbuggy. 

Sets i think i’ll get are: the 2099/sandman set and maybe, if not too expensive the Venom set. 

If they just made that dock worker Shocker, Vulture into another classic villain (Electro?) and Miles into Spiderham i would’ve buy them all

Edited by Borex

So are these new Spider-Man sets part of a "juniors" oriented line? The prominent 4+ on the boxes makes me think that this is the new version of Juniors instead of the red boxes. 

2 hours ago, linnormlord said:

So are these new Spider-Man sets part of a "juniors" oriented line? The prominent 4+ on the boxes makes me think that this is the new version of Juniors instead of the red boxes. 

From what's been said, the understanding seems to be that 4+ is a replacement for Juniors so that it can apply to more themes

3 hours ago, Borex said:

I too, think this gg isn’t the best one yet. That one from the bridge battle is imho way better. I do like the light green and i think it is a real shame they didn’t go for dual moulded or side leg printing. 

But hurray for the Spiderbuggy. 

Sets i think i’ll get are: the 2099/sandman set and maybe, if not too expensive the Venom set. 

If they just made that dock worker Shocker, Vulture into another classic villain (Electro?) and Miles into Spiderham i would’ve buy them all

Venom set is $50.

10 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t see a moulder head working for Goblin, what we have works perfectly with the lego system look.

In my opinion, all moderately flat-faced characters should use a standard minifigure head with appropriate corresponding headgear for adaptability. Specialized heads are always a big letdown for me. 

5 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

From what's been said, the understanding seems to be that 4+ is a replacement for Juniors so that it can apply to more less themes

Juniors was fine as it is and shouldn't have been downgraded in this way. With Juniors, both preexisting themes and nonexistent themes could've been housed together under the same roof, whereas now it is merely a designation. :hmpf_bad:

I like the Green Goblin fig.  I missed the last one so not going to miss this one.  I don't care if its juniors or 4+, I'm just looking to get the figs and use the pieces for MOC's.  

Love the spider-buggy! So glad we are finally getting it but I hope they do it in s regular set one day. It will be the only reason I buy this juniors set. Green Goblin fig doesn’t come anywhere close to the bridge battle one. 

I think I like the color scheme for the new Green Goblin a little bit better, it's somehow less cartoony for me. The glider is trash though, but its understandable because its a Juniors set.