Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

No, just a teaser of Spidey swinging between buildings. Just an announcement of the line apart from Lego Marvel Superheroes

This gives me so much hope for potential concurrent Spider Man sets and MCU sets. If a separate Spider Man theme existed at the same time, we could easily get more of the alternate Spider Men/Women we want, as well as more of a combination of past and unreleased villains

OK STOPĀ - This got heated again for no reason. Enough with the meme posting now.

I'll lock this thread down for a bit if I have to, which would be a dang shame as there's more real content to discuss in the Marvel line than there is in any other Licensed line at the moment.

Thank you to everyone who is having a nice, normal civil discussion. It sucks when people sometimes come in and potentially spoil that.

So there is also a Spider-Man animated special coming calledĀ LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom which has Venom and Goblin as the two main villains. It seems like they are trying to promote the LEGO marvel Spider-Man as itā€™s own separate thing which makes a little more sense for some of the character decisions with the setsĀ 

If they are doing a Spider-Man lines on its own, it would explain why super popular villains are being remade first than not so common ones. From the way the box is laid out it seems likely that it will be it's own thing and if so maybe we will get a bunch of different heroes and villains in physical form given all the team up's with Spidey they could do. I don't see reason argue over toys because they aren't releasing what you would want, most importantly is that these are made for kids so having common villains most kids know of is common sense sure toss in others here and there is icing on the cake for us AFOL's

5 hours ago, PARED said:

Youā€™re entitled to your opinion but iā€™ll never be able to understand this viewpoint. You only need ONE of each character to display. If the new one is better, the old one becomes pointless. If the the new one is worse or the same then itā€™s pointless. Why on Earth would you want to keep spending money on the same thing over and over again!? Why!?

Itā€™s like wanting a band to rerelease the same album over and over again. OrĀ watching the same movie a hundredĀ times. It might be a great movie, but youā€™ve seen it enough. How are you not getting tired of the same songs or the same scenes!?!?

This just doesnā€™t make logical sense. You already have a perfectly good vulture. Why do you need anotherĀ one?!

Because as a lego collector, if itā€™s not exactly the same, it becomes a must have. It makes perfect logical sense. The release of a new version of a minifigure weā€™ve gotten before (as long as it isnā€™t exactly the same) automatically becomes collectible. It makes perfectĀ sense to want other variants of the same character just as badly as all new characters. I believe a lot of people agree on that. Youā€™re entitled to your opinion as well, I just disagree as I love collecting alternate variations just as much as getting completely new ones

What does this mean? A separate line? Like Batman before? We could potentially get new waves every now and then because if it's a new line, they gotta bombard us with new sets. AMAZING!

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

What does this mean? A separate line? Like Batman before? We could potentially get new waves every now and then because if it's a new line, they gotta bombard us with new sets. AMAZING!

Yeah I know thatā€™s why Iā€™m so excited about this! Plus it should mean spidey sets each year on top of the usual super heroes sets which is great because Spider-Man really does deserve his own line with the huge amount of characters invlolved

2 hours ago, PARED said:

A potential Peter Parker minifigure.

I'dĀ love an official Peter Parker minifigure. I'm hoping there'll be one in the Far From Home sets. I have a custom Peter, but it'sĀ not the same.Ā 

Ā 

I just hope with his new line we eventually get characters like tombstone, morbius, prowler, looter, so on so on

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Another theme, huh? So only known Marvel Super Heroes sets for 2019 are MCU ones I suppose.

I wonder if this came from Disney.

Maybe they don't want their MCU merch to be conflated with non-Disney Marvel stuff like Spiderman, X-Men and such

As a Spider-Man fan I find myself biased towards the idea of Spider-Man getting sets exclusive to him, but I could understand the frustrations of people who love other marvel heroes like daredevil or iron man

Iā€™m quite excited for the sets that have been revealed, andĀ while I do feel that Spidermans vechicles are a bit pointless I think that the sets in general I quite well designed and executed.Ā 

On a seperate note 2018ā€™sĀ Sanctum Sanctorum gave us a newspaper with Daredevil. What are our chances of getting ā€˜The Devil of Hellā€™s Kitchenā€™Ā in this wave of sets?Ā 

19 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I really hope this means a separate line but I really donā€™t want to get my hopes up.

Ā 

12 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

As a Spider-Man fan I find myself biased towards the idea of Spider-Man getting sets exclusive to him, but I could understand the frustrations of people who love other marvel heroes like daredevil or iron man

Just because itā€™s a Spider-Man line doesnā€™t mean other heroes canā€™t pop up. Ghost Rider was first introduced in a Spider-Man set. I can see Daredevil as anĀ easy inclusion in a Spider-Man set down the line.Ā 

@Invincible_LEGOMANĀ Right. Also it will allow more characters to pop up in a set. Now that we will be having a separate line, I think most of us know how separate line works *Ehem Batman ehem* The possibility of new villains is there too. But I think we have all of the set details til SM:FFH, earliest we can see is another set/s for Spidey line is winter wave probably, I dunno.Ā 

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I really hope this means a separate line but I really donā€™t want to get my hopes up.

Ā 

Just because itā€™s a Spider-Man line doesnā€™t mean other heroes canā€™t pop up. Ghost Rider was first introduced in a Spider-Man set. I can see Daredevil as anĀ easy inclusion in a Spider-Man set down the line.Ā 

I know, my point was this will mainly be Spider-Man focused so other heroes wont get as much of a focus in comparisonĀ 

On the one hand, a Spider-Man wave could lead to some heroes and villains I've been wanting for a while (classic Spider-Man and Electro with a silly helmet, anyone?), on the other hand this will probably result in a bunch of sets where an awkward Spider-Vehicle is shoehorned in. It's annoying with the DC sets and their random Bat-Vehicles, but at least it actually makes sense there.

Wait so how many more sets are we supposed to be getting? Is the Goblin in a Juniors set or just a small set in the standard line?

3 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Wait so how many more sets are we supposed to be getting? Is the Goblin in a Juniors set or just a small set in the standard line?

I heard it was a Juniors set

Ā 

2 hours ago, Borex said:

So a Spiderman line? That would be a perfect way to give the guy a cmf series.Ā 

As much as I would love that, I find unlikely right now. Lego seems to really be pushing the Harry Potter theme, plus The Lego Movie 2 getting its own CMF Series, and then after that Series 19 (19!!?!?). And then at some point theyā€™ll probably do Disney CMF Series 2, and then after that Harry PotterĀ Series 2, and so on and so forth. But Iā€™m sure at some point theyā€™ll do something for Marvel, theyā€™re just really booked up right now.

6 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I heard it was a Juniors set

Ā 

As much as I would love that, I find unlikely right now. Lego seems to really be pushing the Harry Potter theme, plus The Lego Movie 2 getting its own CMF Series, and then after that Series 19 (19!!?!?). And then at some point theyā€™ll probably do Disney CMF Series 2, and then after that Harry PotterĀ Series 2, and so on and so forth. But Iā€™m sure at some point theyā€™ll do something for Marvel, theyā€™re just really booked up right now.

They probably need to make a lego spiderman movie first. Thatā€™ll take some time

13 hours ago, Whovastron said:

That doesnā€™t make much sense, Spidey is part of the mcu so thereā€™s no worry there, and Disney is in charge of the Spider-Man TV shows and merchandise. Sony literally just sign off on the mcu films and make their weird solo ones with venom etc, Iā€™d course thereā€™s into the spider-verse, but lego has cashed in on other companies films before (X-Men DOFP)Ā So Iā€™m gonna say that isnā€™t the reason for the change

Soon there will be another wave of Spiderman sets on the shelves: the Far From Home line coming next summer. So, this new "Spiderman" themeĀ is a way to separate the Disney MCU Far From Home merch, from the non-Disney comic (and Spiderverse movie)Ā based line.Ā 

Otherwise some customers would have a hard time telling apart the sets from each line

So, either a spidey line means we can get more comic based sets from other characters in the main line, or just more sets there in general.

OR it means that the main Marvel line will have less releases, like how the Batman Movie meant DC only had like 2 sets that year...

I'm really liking the look of most of these new sets. Not keen on the mechanical spider, but I really like the Spider-cycle and the little lab looks like it could have some useful parts.

The Venom Mech is amazing, in my opinion. This is an excellent wave for a symbiote fan!

I don't mind that the figures are updates of previously used characters, particularly Carnage. That tentacle build on his back is great. I would liked to have seen a character like Anti Venom or Agent Venom in one of the sets, though. Perhaps in the future, as the Venom movie has apparently been very profitable.

Edited by Rocketbilly

So the small set with spidey and goblin is called Spider-Man car chase. The image is out there and has both spider man and green goblin. Disappointed with goblin as he doesnā€™t have a new molded head but has a creepy face