Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

30 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Where are you guys finding the pictures of these sets (specifically the new carnage one)? I’ve only been able to find the venom mech set photos.

Google “lego leaks instagram”

I think that the criticisms and frustration several members have expressed at these sets is more than warranted. An entire wave of sets that look like recycled Ninjago ideas, with builds that do not make sense “in universe”, and only TWO new characters (both of which are d-list alternate reality Spider-Man variants) is beyond disappointing. 

The ONLY good thing about this wave is the Sandman redesign and Vulture’s wings. Literally every other figure has been done before and done better. Such a waste. Such an incredible waste.

Edited by PARED

16 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

My spider senses tell me that there is a decent possiblity that most of the FFH sets will include the basic "Homecoming" Spider-Man that came in last years sets :/ it seems like something lego will do, while 1 out of the 3 sets will have a brand new variant for Spider-Man

We have seen it only in one set photo in Venice. I think it will go like that: 76128 Molten Man vs Peter Parker, 76129 Hydro-Man vs normal suit Spider-Man and 76130 Mysterio vs stealth suit Spider-Man.

28 minutes ago, PARED said:

I think that the criticisms and frustration several members have expressed at these sets is more than warranted. An entire wave of sets that look like recycled Ninjago ideas, with builds that do not make sense “in universe”, and only TWO new characters (both of which are d-list alternate reality Spider-Man variants) is beyond disappointing. 

The ONLY good thing about this wave is the Sandman redesign and Vulture’s wings. Literally every other figure has been done before and done better. Such a waste. Such an incredible waste.

Spider-Man 2099 D-list? Miles Morales D-list? Gwen Stacy D-list? Who is a better known Spider-Man? 

13 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

These are the winter wave 2018 sets, the only 2019 marvel sets so far are the FFH sets, Captain Marvel set, and the a4 sets

Actually they are 2019 sets, with an early December release date.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If these are 2018, then this should be discussed in the 2018 thread

-----------------

By the way, while these are not based on the Spiderverse (and Venom) movie, so are totally inspired by them. It can't be a coincidence that these are coming only a few weeks after both movies with pretty much the same characters

The only character from Venom is Venom, and characters from Into The Spider-Verse are Spider-Man, Miles and Gwen, maybe kinda Aunt May. No single villain from Spider-Verse. It's such a waste, beacuse there are so many interesting villains like Ultimate Green Goblin, Kingpin, Prowler, Different Scorpion, Lizard and Hammerhead.

42 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We have seen it only in one set photo in Venice. I think it will go like that: 76128 Molten Man vs Peter Parker, 76129 Hydro-Man vs normal suit Spider-Man and 76130 Mysterio vs stealth suit Spider-Man.

Spider-Man 2099 D-list? Miles Morales D-list? Gwen Stacy D-list? Who is a better known Spider-Man? 

The only character from Venom is Venom, and characters from Into The Spider-Verse are Spider-Man, Miles and Gwen, maybe kinda Aunt May. No single villain from Spider-Verse. It's such a waste, beacuse there are so many interesting villains like Ultimate Green Goblin, Kingpin, Prowler, Different Scorpion, Lizard and Hammerhead.

Spider-Man 2099 is an alternate future (read: not-in-continuity) character with several short-lived mini-series. Spider-Gwen debuted in 2014 as an alternate reality Spider-Man and was only kept around due to a small cult-following. Both are ABSOLUTELY D-List characters. C-List at best. 

And we’ve already had a perfectly acceptable Miles Morales (AND Carnage) in a better set (the SAME set) $8 cheaper less than 3 years ago. The point remains the same - ENOUGH WITH THE UNNECESSARY VARIANTS AND REMAKES!

There are 1000s of characters in the Marvel Universe and we keep getting the same tired rehashes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I cannot understand how people are doing backflips over the same tired thing being released over and over and over again! How many Spider-Mans do you need!? How many people are displaying multiple versions of the SAME character (Iron Man aside)? 

They want to flood us with variants, fine. At least give us new villains and good builds. How does it make any sense that they keep pumping out alternate reality versions of Spider-Man and suit variants when we’re missing more than half of his CLASSIC villains!? We could get Mysterio, Lizard, Kingpin, Tombstone, or any number of non-Spider-Man villains and  heroes that are a hell of a lot more important than Spider-Man 2099 and Spider-Gwen. But the repeats are the biggest issue. New is ALWAYS better than a variant. ALWAYS.

Edited by PARED

49 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We will be immensely lucky to get 3 variations of Spider-Man in the FFH sets, I'm just hoping for a Peter Parker fig honestly 

9 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

We will be immensely lucky to get 3 variations of Spider-Man in the FFH sets, I'm just hoping for a Peter Parker fig honestly 

Yep, great. Just what we need - yet ANOTHER pointless variant. 

Can’t wait to display my “guy in normal street clothes” minifigure on my superhero shelf...

Edited by PARED

36 minutes ago, PARED said:

Spider-Man 2099 is an alternate future (read: not-in-continuity) character with several short-lived mini-series. Spider-Gwen debuted in 2014 as an alternate reality Spider-Man and was only kept around due to a small cult-following. Both are ABSOLUTELY D-List characters. C-List at best. 

And we’ve already had a perfectly acceptable Miles Morales (AND Carnage) in a better set (the SAME set) $8 cheaper less than 3 years ago. The point remains the same - ENOUGH WITH THE UNNECESSARY VARIANTS AND REMAKES!

There are 1000s of characters in the Marvel Universe and we keep getting the same tired rehashes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I cannot understand how people are doing backflips over the same tired thing being released over and over and over again! How many Spider-Mans do you need!? How many people are displaying multiple versions of the SAME character (Iron Man aside)? 

They want to flood us with variants, fine. At least give us new villains and good builds. How does it make any sense that they keep pumping out alternate reality versions of Spider-Man and suit variants when we’re missing more than half of his CLASSIC villains!? We could get Mysterio, Lizard, Kingpin, Tombstone, or any number of non-Spider-Man villains and  heroes that are a hell of a lot more important than Spider-Man 2099 and Spider-Gwen. But the repeats are the biggest issue. New is ALWAYS better than a variant. ALWAYS.

I disagree. I love getting alternate variants of characters, sometimes even more than new ones. Especially if it’s an entirely new version and not just the same minifigure with slightly different printing. This is the third Vulture now I’m just a few years and I’m very happy with it, same with Sandman and even Carnage with the new tendril builds. I’m perfectly happy with the previous versions but I’ll be just as happy with these. There’s more every year so I’m sure we’ll see more brand new characters next wave just like we are in this one. That’s the beauty of Lego. I’m stoked that the prices are mostly pretty low for getting so many nice figures. I never really care about super heroes builds, I’m into the theme for the figures.

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I disagree. I love getting alternate variants of characters, sometimes even more than new ones. Especially if it’s an entirely new version and not just the same minifigure with slightly different printing. This is the third Vulture now I’m just a few years and I’m very happy with it, same with Sandman and even Carnage with the new tendril builds. I’m perfectly happy with the previous versions but I’ll be just as happy with these. There’s more every year so I’m sure we’ll see more brand new characters next wave just like we are in this one. That’s the beauty of Lego. I’m stoked that the prices are mostly pretty low for getting so many nice figures. I never really care about super heroes builds, I’m into the theme for the figures.

You’re entitled to your opinion but i’ll never be able to understand this viewpoint. You only need ONE of each character to display. If the new one is better, the old one becomes pointless. If the the new one is worse or the same then it’s pointless. Why on Earth would you want to keep spending money on the same thing over and over again!? Why!?

It’s like wanting a band to rerelease the same album over and over again. Or watching the same movie a hundred times. It might be a great movie, but you’ve seen it enough. How are you not getting tired of the same songs or the same scenes!?!?

This just doesn’t make logical sense. You already have a perfectly good vulture. Why do you need another one?!

Edited by PARED

9 minutes ago, PARED said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but i’ll never be able to understand this viewpoint. You only need ONE of each character to display. If the new one is better, the old one becomes pointless. If the the new one is worse or the same then it’s pointless. Why on Earth would you want to keep spending money on the same thing over and over again!? Why!?

It’s like wanting a band to rerelease the same album over and over again. How are you not getting tired of the same songs!?

This just doesn’t make logical sense. You already have a perfectly good vulture. Why do you need another one?!

I suppose a big thing is knowing the lore behind the figure. For example we've gotten a ton of different Batman figures but each version represents a different era of his character through the years. That is the appeal of these variations; we have gotten a classic comic book Vulture and now we are getting the Ultimate Universe Vulture which while being the same character has a totally different story attached to him.

You know, it's almost like the reason they keep redoing the same villains is because they're trying to reach people who haven't bought these sets before, like maybe not the adult collectors? Maybe children who are just getting into superheroes and weren't even old enough to buy sets 3 years ago?

12 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

You know, it's almost like the reason they keep redoing the same villains is because they're trying to reach people who haven't bought these sets before, like maybe not the adult collectors? Maybe children who are just getting into superheroes and weren't even old enough to buy sets 3 years ago?

Hey mister condescension: You know, it’s almost like this is a forum for adult collectors to have open discussion. If Lego can cater to all ages with the Star Wars theme, there’s no excuse to only target kids here. Especially when most comics fans are aging into adulthood.

Kids are a lot smarter than they’re given credit for. We shouldn’t have to accept less (i.e. constant repeats, nonsense builds, no leg printing, etc.) because someone decided that kids won’t care about that sort of thing and will be happy with whatever they get.

Edited by PARED

21 minutes ago, PARED said:

Hey mister condescension: You know, it’s almost like this is a forum for adult collectors to have open discussion. If Lego can cater to all ages with the Star Wars theme, there’s no excuse to only target kids here. Especially when most comics fans are aging into adulthood.

Kids are a lot smarter than they’re given credit for. We shouldn’t have to accept less (i.e. constant repeats, nonsense builds, no leg printing, etc.) because someone decided that kids won’t care about that sort of thing and will be happy with whatever they get.

I believe he was only referring to the complaints about the repeat minifigures, not the builds. I agree that kids and others who were not collecting the sets a few years ago should be able to get another chance at some of these characters. It has nothing to do with being “smart enough”.

Edited by Yochip

1 hour ago, PARED said:

Can’t wait to display my “guy in normal street clothes” minifigure on my superhero shelf...

So what minifigures do you want in a SPIDER-MAN movie sets? Daredevil? Punisher? Or maybe Galactus? 

You're really annoying.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So what minifigures do you want in a SPIDER-MAN movie sets? Daredevil? Punisher? Or maybe Galactus? 

You're really annoying.

Edited by PARED
I’m not starting a flame war. Removed insulting comment(s).

1 hour ago, PARED said:

That was unnecessary, I merely expressed my hopes for a minifigure we haven't officially seen in a licensed set since 2004, I'm sorry if I upset you 

So we technically have the Ultimate Sinister Six lineup now right?

We have Ultimate versions of Goblin, Electro, Vulture, Sandman, and Doc Ock (his previous, Juniors, and USM variants could all work as Ultimate Ock) while Kraven can be thrown in from the bridge battle set and still work.

Sorry, I think I missed something, because I'm confused. 

Why is there a 'guy in normal street clothes'? Are we talking about the crane operator?

In the Doc Ock set?

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Why is there a 'guy in normal street clothes'? Are we talking about the crane operator?

In the Doc Ock set?

A potential Peter Parker minifigure.

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

In the Doc Ock set?

They are talking about possible getting Peter Parker in a set

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the LEGO marvel Spider-Man line was officially announced at New York comic con 

Are the official pictures already online ?

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Are the official pictures already online ?

No, just a teaser of Spidey swinging between buildings. Just an announcement of the line apart from Lego Marvel Superheroes