Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Y'now, looking at it again, the Spider-Man Mech in 72115 does look a bit like the SP//dr, especially the bulky, rounded shoulders . . .

More than likely the mech isn't based off anything in particular. It really doesn't look like Sp//dr, and is clearly just based off the general shape of a spider in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I'm going to be sad if these winter wave of Spider-Man sets get delayed

Delayed? Why is it going to get delayed?

45 minutes ago, Ultron said:

This wave is garbage. Scrap the designers. 

Based off one set, one set only seen through low quality and one low quality pictured Juniors set?

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Based off one set, one set only seen through low quality and one low quality pictured Juniors set?

I mean that is half the wave already. We only have 1 regular set and 1 Junior set we have not seen, and they don't sound too promising. I also feel disappointed by the wave, hopefully the movie tie-in sets are better. 

Personally, while I get not liking a set, I feel that attacking designers themselves is uncalled for.

Edited by Yochip

Yeah, it’s fine to not like the set, but done dis the designers. They’re only doing what they’ve been asked to do.

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well, actually, 2 regular sets and 1 juniors set.

(venom mech set, spider mech set, dock ock set)

I’m mixed on the wave. The venom mech is great, as is spider Gwen and Spider-Man. The large spider mech set is weird, but sand man and Vulture are great, vultures wings are like a more accurate mcu one. The juniors set is a juniors set.

but man they could of done different villains. Classic electro, mysterio, rhino, hydroman, kingpin, mr Megative, Black cat, so many possibilities...

33 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

but man they could of done different villains. Classic electro, mysterio, rhino, hydroman, kingpin, mr Megative, Black cat, so many possibilities...

I still feel the pain of that classic electro prelim pic with the spider trike. Even the bootleggers never made him. 

My wishlist for spiderman foes is also reallllly long

5 hours ago, Yochip said:

Personally, while I get not liking a set, I feel that attacking designers themselves is uncalled for.

I agree, please stop attacking the designers :thumbdown: There's no need for our community to sink as low as others on the internet :hmpf_bad:

B2T: The Mighty Micros are done for I assume? I think we would have heard of them by now if there were any...

Carnage set just leaked.

It includes Spider-Man, Spider-Man (Miles) and Carnage. There is a motorcycle and a lab.

I love it. Carnage's tentacles are amazing. Motorcycle is too bulky, but lab is awesome. 

It looks like a $30 set, but it's $20.

9 hours ago, Ultron said:

This wave is garbage. Scrap the designers. 

Why don’t you scrap your account? Either that or leave your negativity at the sign in page.

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Well, actually, 2 regular sets and 1 juniors set.

(venom mech set, spider mech set, dock ock set)

What I meant is we've only seen good quality photos of the Venom set. It's hard to start trashing on pixelated photos of two other sets (three now), when they could actually have some really cool design features.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I agree, please stop attacking the designers :thumbdown: There's no need for our community to sink as low as others on the internet :hmpf_bad:

Agreed. Trashing on the figures, sure, but it's really immature to get a look at one set, stare closely at bad quality photos of three other sets and decide that the designers should be fired. 

Just because you may not like the design, doesn't mean others don't, there really is no need to be so rude

Part of me thinks that this set only exists so people can make a quick and easy Superior Spider-Man custom. Think about it: Spider-Man's head, Miles's body and legs and Carnage's tentacles would make a figure that's almost identical to the character.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Part of me thinks that this set only exists so people can make a quick and easy Superior Spider-Man custom. Think about it: Spider-Man's head, Miles's body and legs and Carnage's tentacles would make a figure that's almost identical to the character.

That’s exactly what I did when the first one came out (just without Carnage’s tentacles)

The Carnage set is interesting. Since Carnage and Venom are so closely related, it makes a degree of sense that they'd be in a wave together. 

As characters, though, I gotta admit that I'm not sure I have room for two symbiote-powered supervillains. The Miles Morales fig is interesting (and further proof that they're trying to tie this wave in at least partway with Into the Spider-Verse) but the bike looks crude and simplistic, and the little lab part looks like it's got some neat parts. But I just don't think I'm going to get this over the amazing Venom mech. (Especially after I literally just cooked up a custom civilian comic-inspired Eddie Brock minifig in anticipation of Venom.)

Also, I'm seeing another NK 'tech spider' in that set. Is this supposed to be some kind of running theme that LEGO Spider-Man is now backed up by tiny mechanical spider drones?

I kind of like this wave, especially the Carnage/Miles Morales set (I’m a sucker for sidebuilds)

I think someone mentioned the set designs could have been taken from the cancelled Nexo Knights sets, and that is actually a good possibility, since Lego once used a cancelled Power Miners set and put it in the Atlantis theme.

Plus, the designs for the sets are mechs, a giant spider mech, and a motorcycle, all things Nexo Knights could have used in the last wave, since the last wave was computer viruses or bugs or something.

Is that motorcycle shooting a spider web?

Was the motorcycle also bitten by the mutant spider? :laugh:

---------------------

I like the Miles/ Carnage set. 

IMO, Doctor Ock one is the weakest. Sandman is the strongest with this set and Venom tied in second place. 

I'm surprised to see this wave being called "garbage". I think all the sets look awesome. Maybe kind of junior.ized; ; but still great

Edited by Robert8

13 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I kind of like this wave, especially the Carnage/Miles Morales set (I’m a sucker for sidebuilds)

I think someone mentioned the set designs could have been taken from the cancelled Nexo Knights sets, and that is actually a good possibility, since Lego once used a cancelled Power Miners set and put it in the Atlantis theme.

Plus, the designs for the sets are mechs, a giant spider mech, and a motorcycle, all things Nexo Knights could have used in the last wave, since the last wave was computer viruses or bugs or something.

Heeeeey, you're right. That would also explain why the tech spiders. 

Problem is, they recoloured everything and it'll be a pain in the megablocks to rebuild it all in proper Virus Vampire colours. 

But I'll try. For Nexo Knights. RIP, Knighton. 

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Was the motorcycle also bitten by the mutant spider?

Peter Parker made his web artificially ;-)

the lab looks like a lab where the symbiote is being investigated. And escaped from. I foresee cool stickers (most of the times i hate stickers)

and although i already have all those figs (a bit different) i am tempted to buy this set. 

Only now have I just checked out these SpiderMan leaks, and am rather dumbstruck by their branding... :distressed:

Um, why rebrand these sets under a separate SpiderMan theme outside of the Marvel Super Heroes line? Is it to possibly distinguish them from the upcoming tie-in sets for Spiderman: Far From Home? :look: :def_shrug:

I lied, the carnage and miles set is now my favorite. You get such a bang for your buck with $20! That side lab build is amazing, and the bike is just okay. I love the tendril builds on carnage and the fact that we get 3 figures in this set. A solid build all together and it is definitely on my radar now

:thumbdown: The potential for some nice sets is there, but yet we just get this mess. The Miles set is almost worthless, no new characters, and 2/3 of the figures are downgrades. Spidey with dual-molded legs in a $20 set is nice though. The lab is too blurry for me to see so I can't give a fair judgment on it. For now I think it looks eh, some sort of holding chamber would have been better. That bike though...

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Was the motorcycle also bitten by the mutant spider?

:rofl: Maybe it was a super-duper-spider that can turn anything it bites into a spider/original thing hybrid? I can't wait for the scene in S:FFH when Spiderman encounters Mysterio in the final battle and battles him with Spider-mechs, Spider-bikes, and spider..bigger spider robot thing. Trash build, no need to explain. Overall I like some of the figures in this wave. Spiderman, Spiderman 2099, and Sandman are pretty good, the Venom mech is nice and the prices aren't outrageous. But with not a single new villian, some villian being downgrades, and 3 stupid Spidey-vehicles, I can easily say this is the worst Spidey wave we have gotten, maybe worst Marvel wave. Iron Man 3 wave was pretty bad though.